View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    You're getting versed at this TA...well done.

Is that a Z30...yes, yes it is.
    What I should mention, is that I've noticed that if/when it does break/breach resistance/support, it will usually run back to test that previous level to make sure that it's good to go. Always wait for confirmation. It's ok to miss the low, or high if you're shorting, in order to minimize risk.

DISCLAIMER....... TAKE NOTHING OF WHAT I SAY AT FACE VALUE. I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS BUT AM LEARNING AS I GO BY WATCHING. I HAVE NOT TAKEN POSITION IN THESE STOCKS (well I do own URZ from above) SO I'M NOT PROMOTING. JUST TRYING TO SHARE WHAT I SEE AND LISTEN TO GUIDANCE FROM OTHERS WITH MORE EXPERIENCE.

End of disclaimer
    03-20-14 10:43 PM
    Requiem for MDM Pure Plays

http://bizblog.blackberry.com/2014/0...dm-pure-plays/

Posted via CB10
    _dimi_, Superfly_FR, jxnb and 2 others like this.
    03-21-14 12:03 AM
    Very nice CJ! thanks for sharing that, I still need to get a hang on reading more complicated charts I got some books to read right now
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    03-21-14 12:26 AM
    Hi all:

Here are my updated BBRY charts. Also, for Slipstream, I thought, I would add to CJ’s take on HALO as well.

BBRY: I think, we have two parallel channels to break. The first one is found on the weekly chart. It shows that we are still in a downtrend parallel channel that started from the high $17 range last year. The second one is found on the daily and 30 minute chart. We can estimate all we want about March 28, 2014 ER, but based on the charts, it is important to go above $11 soon. Going above $11 means breaking both downtrend parallel channel, and sustaining the MA50 in holding the golden cross formation. We still have 14 days left for the MA200 to clear the $14 range. 14 trading days from now, if we are still at $9, then MA50 will drop to meet with MA200. We want to avoid this. So, the goal here is to go above $11.

My brief take on HALO are on the daily and weekly charts. I must also say that I don't follow HALO news often.

Weekly:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bweek.jpg

Daily:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bday.jpg

30 minute:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-b30m.jpg

Halo Weekly:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-halow.jpg

Halo Daily:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-halod.jpg
    Last edited by JLagoon; 03-21-14 at 02:20 AM.
    jxnb, bungaboy, Corbu and 9 others like this.
    03-21-14 02:04 AM

Requiem for MDM Pure Plays | Inside BlackBerry for Business Blog

Posted via CB10
    Thanks Ziben !
    Some abstracts :

The combination of a big pay day and a small hurdle set off a feeding frenzy in the MDM space, unleashing a shiver of sharks, in the form of VC-funded startups, toward the enterprise mobility market. The blood in the water, of course, was the sudden and prolific infiltration of mobile devices into the workplace. The consumerization of IT, powered by the Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) phenomenon, has armed millions of workers with personal devices — smartphones and tablets — that they routinely use to conduct business.
    Desperate to apply at least a modicum of order to the management and security chaos wrought by runaway BYOD, enterprises issued distress calls en mass for low cost, low-complexity software capable of applying basic management functions.
    Though rapid and overwhelming, the response by the vendor community was in many ways text book – as was the imprint it left on the competitive landscape. Of the dozens of vendors looking to sink their teeth into the MDM market, a handful, bolstered by generous funding or by essentially giving away their products (or both), established some meaningful traction. Out of those survivors, a select few have been rescued from unsustainable business models by large suitors looking to add basic MDM to their portfolios.
    That’s largely where the market now stands. As we approach the end of the first quarter of 2014, though, the rapidly evolving enterprise mobility market is undergoing a seismic shift that will shake up the competitive landscape even further.
    bungaboy, rarsen and zyben like this.
    03-21-14 05:13 AM
    You're all a great bunch!

One question for Superfly_Fr : do you reckon BES10 in the cloud is ready for a global roll-out? Just wondering if this could be the news JC will come out with.

The BES12 news made me think that it could only be released at the end of this year, but since they're really pushing BES10 into enterprises hands and are aiming for an effortless transition from BES10 to BES12.. I still have some hope left

Posted via CB10
    jxnb, bungaboy, Mr BBRY and 1 others like this.
    03-21-14 05:22 AM
    Seems the Verge is jumping on this story from the WSJ as well:

President Obama may ditch his BlackBerry for an Android phone | The Verge
    It sounds like the government can make "other phones" just as secure as his Blackberry which is bad news for Blackberry.
    03-21-14 06:13 AM
    It sounds like the government can make "other phones" just as secure as his Blackberry which is bad news for Blackberry.
    Apparently Apple can't...if that article is to be used as reference material.

bungaboy, zyben and zachgeo like this.
    03-21-14 06:20 AM
    OT and for Whitehouse consideration:
    http://thehackernews.com/2014/03/win...droid.html?m=1

bungaboy, zyben and rarsen like this.
    03-21-14 06:27 AM
    We know for ages that featured (proprietary-locked) phones can be as secure than BlackBerry's. A flipphone can be even more (that's what criminals use all around the world).
    Now, the point is to consider the usage in a EMM global positionning, the TCO (total cost of ownership) and the user base feedback in real life usage situation.
    In that perspective, it fits anyhow the BlackBerry strategy : going multi-platform, because there's more value in services, than in devices. It's a deep trend, particularly in "Android world".

Anything that will promote EMM in a secure environment will promote - as of date - BES solutions.

edit : sorry for the multiple edits ... I just try to be as sharp as possible here.
    03-21-14 06:29 AM
    Just like how knox was going to kill blackberry, what was it 2 years ago.

It is still riddled with holes. We have seen these articles countless times before.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-14 07:00 AM
    03-21-14 07:07 AM
    News on real estate sale! Can't add link

Posted via CB10
    03-21-14 07:39 AM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140321_064230.png

It's all over Twitter too...we knew this was coming back in January.

jxnb, snejpa, sidhuk and 3 others like this.
    03-21-14 07:43 AM
    I was just about to ask - I thought this was old news?
    03-21-14 07:45 AM
    BlackBerry Announces Update on Sale of Canadian Real Estate Holdings

08:30 EDT Friday, March 21, 2014

WATERLOO, ONTARIO--(Marketwired - March 21, 2014) - BlackBerry� Limited (NASDAQ:BBRY)(TSX:BB), a world leader in mobile communications, today announced that it has entered into an agreement pursuant to which it will sell the majority of its real estate holdings in Canada. The announced transaction is part of BlackBerry's ongoing program to improve operational efficiencies, optimize resource usage and shift resources to support operations as the business continues to evolve.

Under the terms of the agreement, BlackBerry will sell more than 3 million square feet of space as well as vacant lands. BlackBerry will also lease back a portion of the space. CBRE Limited served as an advisor to BlackBerry for this transaction. BlackBerry expects closing to occur in the first quarter of fiscal 2015. The transaction is subject to certain conditions, and the transaction may not be completed on the negotiated terms, or at all. Additional terms of the transaction will be announced once the principal conditions are satisfied or waived by the parties.
    03-21-14 07:47 AM
    BlackBerry Ltd reaches deal to sell most of its Canadian real estate | Financial Post

“The successful sale of property in Canada will help us move toward our goal of continued operational efficiency,” said BlackBerry CEO and Executive Chair, John Chen. “As previously stated, BlackBerry remains committed to having a strong presence in Canada and we continue to consider Waterloo home to our global headquarters.”
    jxnb, zyben, bungaboy and 1 others like this.
    03-21-14 07:55 AM
    http://www.theflyonthewall.com/perma...m-Sell-at-CLSA

BlackBerry upgraded to Underperform from Sell at CLSA
    CLSA upgraded BlackBerry to Underperform from Sell citing improved management and potentially lower losses from the Foxconn partnership. Price target raised to $9.50 from $6.
    Last edited by Corbu; 03-21-14 at 09:02 AM.
    03-21-14 07:58 AM
    Well that was the most obv pump and dump in awhile. I wonder how many they caught trying to jump on the train
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    03-21-14 08:35 AM
    Yet another baseless article which will be proven false. Governments and enterprises don't have many options unless they want China and others to teach the west a lesson they will never forget. The US is already on its way out and a switch to anything but BlackBerry will cement it's fate as another empire who's time has come to an end. I think BlackBerry needs to focus on a winner Asia and leave NA to pay their paper games of QE and bs media fiction stories.

Posted via CB10
    Time to switch therapy groups. The current one just ain't working.
    cjcampbell and anon(4086547) like this.
    03-21-14 09:16 AM
    Stock Market & Financial Investment News: Educated Investors Get Live Stock Market News Feeds & Alerts at The Fly On the Wall

BlackBerry upgraded to Underperform from Sell at CLSA
    CLSA upgraded BlackBerry to Underperform from Sell citing improved management and potentially lower losses from the Foxconn partnership. Price target raised to $9.50 from $6.
    Seriously, how late and ludicrous can this call be by this group. Wow, no wonder people hate analysts. They still want you to sell it?????
    georg4BB and Corbu like this.
    03-21-14 09:25 AM
    Looks like Blackberry is still very popular in Nigeria and even amongst the young people.

http://www.networkafrica.com/i-dont-...-i-have-a-job/

Play Starcraft? Join our Channel: C001242DE
    Shanerredflag, jxnb, zyben and 4 others like this.
    03-21-14 09:52 AM
    I was just about to ask - I thought this was old news?
    No, they announced the intent to sell their real estate holdings a while back. Today, news is that it has been sold.
    zyben and cgk like this.
    03-21-14 09:56 AM
    No, they announced the intent to sell their real estate holdings a while back. Today, news is that it has been sold.
    Not sold yet but it sounds like they have a signed Purchase & Sale agreement. I think it says the transaction is expected to close in first quarter 2015? So would be a while before we see any of the cash from the deal.
    03-21-14 10:03 AM
    I remember doom and gloom gang predicting that it will cost blackberry money to "dump" their assets, therefore the value is zero. Would be interesting to see how much do they fetch from their real estate assets?
    They say that stock market is based on the future, runs six months in advance of the events, let's see if that will apply to blackberry in this case?
    So, the slogan was.
    BBM value zero.
    QNX value is almost zero.
    Selling real estate would cost money so end results would be zero.
    Patents are use less.
    End result is zero.

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    03-21-14 10:13 AM
113,251 ... 25102511251225132514 ...