View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Actually, having 2 in my possession, and using them for about 6 weeks, I find they are quite a nice phone for their intended market and price point.

They should have released all the colours in North American markets, IMO.

What was it about yours that you didn't like? I am interested in hearing your user experience.
    It's obviously a 'good' phone because it runs BlackBerry 10 and is decent for its price, as you said, but I was shocked at how cheap the black plastic casing looked and felt. Design wise I think it was a miss, but I'm not going to sit here and bash your phone if you love it. By all means, enjoy it, and I'm happy to hear that they are selling. I just think they should have wrapped it in a nicer bit of plastic .

Join the Cause @ BlackBerry Bootleg Marketing Channel - C003483F4
    03-18-14 03:40 PM
    @ Morgan: I think chances are higher you'll prefer the Android experience over the Apple experience. It's a good platform overall.. a lot less boring than iOS anyways IMHO of course.. I got the first iPhone back in 2007/2008 and am still waiting for the herd to follow me!

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-18-14 04:26 PM
    M8, I have the Galaxy Note 3 which seems to be holding up fine, can do what I need to I guess on it. Mainly got it for when I travel but no real big problems with it so far. Best Buy had it for dirt cheap a few month ago only reason I bought it
    03-18-14 04:39 PM
    I just thought I'd leave a quick note touching on the old "BB10 is too complicated" nonsense. I know it hasn't been brought up in quite a while and not high on the immediate relevance scale but this is still fun.

My mom finally decided she wanted to get a cell phone. Mostly for two reasons. 1) Her church is in downtown Kitchener and not in the best neighbourhood so while going to evening meetings, she'd like to know she can call someone if she needs help... and 2) she wants to be connected at the cottage in the summer. Not fully, but wants to be able to get and send emails.

Of course she came to me for advice. Immediately I thought of iPhone. It's just dead simple, but then there's the screen size and she's got aging eyes. Then Android due to price, but then there's just too much to stuff going on and, well she's old and far from technically inclined. Finally, BlackBerry... (really it was first but the others were considered).... The Z30 and Q10 were looked at but the Z30 was my choice due to screen size and keyboard. She tried both in store and settled on the Z30. Says she just felt it was going to be easier to get used to and easier to read.

Here we are, 2 weeks later and progress is coming along. We BBM (even though she still asks what BBM is when I mention it), video call and screen share for a quick tutorial when she's stumped, and she uses it for games (free cell.... her all time favourite for some odd reason) and email reading.

The point of this is, is that here is a 69 year old lady that still can't figure out her DVD player or Wii that I bought her, yet she somehow gets BB10 in a relatively quick time frame. Of course there's still much to teach her, but anyone who says that it's hard to figure out, is either lazy and hates anything new, or is less technically inclined than someone who still learns new tricks on her microwave after 8 years.
    03-18-14 04:50 PM
    Snipped, , , We BBM (even though she still asks what BBM is when I mention it), video call and screen share for a quick tutorial when she's stumped, and she uses it for games (free cell.... her all time favourite for some odd reason) and email reading.

The point of this is, is that here is a 69 year old lady that still can't figure out her DVD player or Wii that I bought her, yet she somehow gets BB10 in a relatively quick time frame. Of course there's still much to teach her, but anyone who says that it's hard to figure out, is either lazy and hates anything new, or is less technically inclined than someone who still learns new tricks on her microwave after 8 years.
    Young man! Freecell and Spider Solitaire are my all time favourite games!!! As well as cribbage.

Get with the plan!
    cjcampbell, sidhuk, Corbu and 2 others like this.
    03-18-14 04:56 PM
    @ Morgan: I think chances are higher you'll prefer the Android experience over the Apple experience. It's a good platform overall.. a lot less boring than iOS anyways IMHO of course.. I got the first iPhone back in 2007/2008 and am still waiting for the herd to follow me!

Posted via CB10
    _dimi_ and slipstream89!!

Thanks to everyone who has commented so far. I like the write-ups on the S4, it is in the running and the latest iPad is also under consideration still.

We have a Galaxy Note 3 as well slipstream89, my wife uses it and we bought it for all of the apps that our Z10/Playbook(s) were lacking. When the kids want to do something and you aren't part of that experience, you had better solve the problem quickly otherwise they label you as outdated and move onto their friends. We needed to be cool at all times and still not own any more Apple products so we went with Galaxy to solve that "coolness" issue. We have a number of Playbooks which I'm using all the time but it would be nice to have LTE and a bigger screen too. It pains me to have to buy outside of BlackBerry but I have no choice now. I'll carry two Playbooks in the Mercedes for passengers when we travel, that way they are always "on" with Bridge. You know how this will play out, I'll buy the latest and greatest thing and it will go directly to another family member who will pass along their old tech to me.

Thanks for the help, I should know what the choice will be in a day or two.
    JLagoon likes this.
    03-18-14 05:08 PM
    Cj has got it dead on with the last paragraph, people are just lazy and don't want to put in a few hours just to learn a new device. This is why the Isheep herd is huge, no learning really required its ready to go out of the box. I have been lending my Z10 out to family and friends ever since I got my Q10, 4/5 right now enjoys the Z10 and agrees its functionality is better than iphone and android. The only hold out I got was my cousin when I asked him what he thought his simple answer was "BB sucks" I asked him why he thought that, his answer "Well, swiping takes getting use to but honestly I didn't even play around with it to learn the features". I can safely assume majority of people are like my cousin

I just thought I'd leave a quick note touching on the old "BB10 is too complicated" nonsense. I know it hasn't been brought up in quite a while and not high on the immediate relevance scale but this is still fun.

My mom finally decided she wanted to get a cell phone. Mostly for two reasons. 1) Her church is in downtown Kitchener and not in the best neighbourhood so while going to evening meetings, she'd like to know she can call someone if she needs help... and 2) she wants to be connected at the cottage in the summer. Not fully, but wants to be able to get and send emails.

Of course she came to me for advice. Immediately I thought of iPhone. It's just dead simple, but then there's the screen size and she's got aging eyes. Then Android due to price, but then there's just too much to stuff going on and, well she's old and far from technically inclined. Finally, BlackBerry... (really it was first but the others were considered).... The Z30 and Q10 were looked at but the Z30 was my choice due to screen size and keyboard. She tried both in store and settled on the Z30. Says she just felt it was going to be easier to get used to and easier to read.

Here we are, 2 weeks later and progress is coming along. We BBM (even though she still asks what BBM is when I mention it), video call and screen share for a quick tutorial when she's stumped, and she uses it for games (free cell.... her all time favourite for some odd reason) and email reading.

03-18-14 05:08 PM
    Let's get it back on topic! Start another thread in the appropriate place if you want to talk wearable so either Off Topic forum here or maybe SmartWatchFans?
    I appreciate the effort PK, but I don't think the slight aside was all that bad. Reactions, sure, but topic, not so much Of course, with that said, we have the ER coming up so you all will be working double time on this thread again so do what you must to inhibit the growth going in. lol
    03-18-14 06:33 PM
    BlackBerry Z3 Supports MicroSD for Added 32GB Storage - N4BB

It is now being shown that the Z3 will support a microSD for expandable memory of up to 32GB. The BlackBerry Z3 has a flap on right side which covers 2 slots – microSD & microSIM.
    Last edited by Corbu; 03-18-14 at 08:40 PM.
    03-18-14 07:59 PM
    I outed myself a few months ago. I have an iPad Air, my first i anyhting, ever. It is boring, but it just plain works. Intergration with my Outlook work calendar, and handled word, excel and PDFs pretty easily. Its over priced, but within an hour I was up to speed and just worked. My business paid for it and I am sure there are better choices and better values out there, but sadly I would say it should be in the running if money isn't a major issue and you just want something that works.
    03-18-14 08:26 PM
    What does everyone think about the recent news from BlackBerry. Are they just clearing out all the bad news prior to Er so that the er has a completely positive vibe?

Posted via CB10
    03-18-14 11:25 PM
    www.blackberry.com/go/succes

Has anyone seen this before? A lot of work has gone into this I think :-)

Posted via CB10
    jxnb, Corbu, snejpa and 2 others like this.
    03-19-14 05:39 AM

Posted via CB10
    Wish this actually worked on BlackBerry 10 device. Neither the stock browser nour the Evolution browser can display this page. Rather disappointing if you only had to rely on your phone for the 'Internet of things'. JMHO.

Posted via swift BlackBerry �? Z30!
    03-19-14 06:11 AM
    wojciechp: I found I could get to the page by adding an "s" to the end of the html address.

_dimi_: Very cool resource!

Wish this actually worked on BlackBerry 10 device. Neither the stock browser nour the Evolution browser can display this page. Rather disappointing if you only had to rely on your phone for the 'Internet of things'. JMHO.

Posted via swift BlackBerry �? Z30!
    bungaboy and zyben like this.
    03-19-14 06:17 AM
    I would not read overheated ER expectations I would not read overheated ER expectations would not read overheated ER expectations I would not read overheated ER expectations I would not read overheated ER expectations I would not read overheated ER expectations I would not read overheated ER expectations I would not read overheated ER expectations I would not read overheated ER expectations

Posted via CB10
    jxnb, bungaboy, Mr BBRY and 4 others like this.
    03-19-14 06:45 AM

Posted via swift BlackBerry ?? Z30!
    Link doesn't work on my PC either. So I don't think it is a phone issue.
    sidhuk likes this.
    03-19-14 07:00 AM

Posted via CB10
    Updated working link.

Customer Success - US
    03-19-14 07:01 AM
    Updated working link.

Customer Success - US
    We discussed this some times ago. It may have updated since.

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    03-19-14 07:20 AM
    Thanks Bungaboy!!

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    03-19-14 07:29 AM
    OT
    Z30 vs motox voting
    http://m.technobuffalo.com/2014/03/1...obile-madness/

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    03-19-14 07:30 AM
    http://n4bb.com/blackberry-z30-now-a...kberry-com-us/

Buy the z30 directly from BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    03-19-14 07:36 AM
    Blackberry should have done this all years ago.

Direct sales, if the carriers don't support they shouldn't bother.

Next is direct os updates. I want to see that.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-14 07:57 AM
    Blackberry should have done this all years ago.

Direct sales, if the carriers don't support they shouldn't bother.

Next is direct os updates. I want to see that.

Posted via CB10
    Up until recently, there was no issue of carrier support and device supply. Also, in Canada, there is still no direct purchase available.
    bungaboy, sidhuk, Corbu and 2 others like this.
    03-19-14 08:04 AM
    Up until recently, there was no issue of carrier support and device supply. Also, in Canada, there is still no direct purchase available.
    Yabut . . . . we're special.
    03-19-14 08:11 AM
    Yabut . . . . we're special.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-mockit_19032014071747.jpg

Is that a Z30...yes, yes it is.
    03-19-14 08:18 AM
113,250 ... 25042505250625072508 ...