View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    My next car will know when I'm in a good mood

It will also know when I'm sad, grumpy, or just plain mad. Okay, it won't quite figure it out on its own — I will have to tell it. How will my car get so smart? Because Gracenote has been working to personalize the music experience in a way that dynamically adapts content to the driver’s mood and musical taste.

It's not just about play-listing locally stored content and displaying album art anymore. The folks at Gracenote can now merge multiple occupants’ music collections and find common ground. They can create stations that incorporate cloud-based content from multiple sources. And they can adapt the nature of the content played in the car to the mood of the occupants through their Mood Grid technology.

This not only makes the music experience intensely personal but it does it automagically, keeping the driver’s eyes on the road and hands on the wheel. Here’s a short video from 2014 CES that provides a quick overview — on a system powered by QNX technology, of course :-)

QNX Auto Blog: My next car will know when I'm in a good mood
    sidhuk, La Emperor and bungaboy like this.
    03-18-14 11:06 AM
    Not going to get excited over this. It's awfully reminiscent of the Q10 launch "sellout" in hours.

Posted via CB10
    Not meant to create over exuberance. I doubt the numbers are huge. But it's another small win to add to the bunch of small wins we've seen recently.
    03-18-14 11:26 AM

My recollection is that George has been wrong at least as often as he has been right which puts him right in the middle of the pack. His stuff is well written and I read it, but I do disagree with his conclusion 75%+ of the time. That's my issue, not his.
    Where George lost me was a recent column he did where he talked about "rumours" about the Z3 and that it like was likely to be a BB10 phone for emerging markets - only problem was this 'rumour' had been explicitly explained as fact in the last earnings call by John Chen - How closely can you really be following a company and its fortune if you miss details as big as that?
    CDM76 and cjcampbell like this.
    03-18-14 11:40 AM
    Bacon Munchers[/B];10132816]Thanks again Morgan. Wish I could afford it.

Perhaps I need to subscribe to your news letter(!?)

BTW, I realise that you are constantly flooded with thanks/likes, and that may or may not be a good thing for you.
    Going forth though, please consider this as a perpetual thanks from me, as I don't need to add to the pile of people that are appreciative that you (and SuperFly) are mastering this thread.
    Thanks for those kind words! Much appreciated here. Many of us have a treasure trove of "thanks and likes" that we aren't able to monetize, not unlike BlackBerry and their BBM-X segment! So don't worry about giving out those responses until we are able to convert them into Air Miles or something else! LOL

I have a battle on the go right now that won't allow me to finish my BBM Channels site(s) so that we could have another venue for stock investment. I'm also not able to respond to CB private messages any more nor can I accept requests to be "friends", anything like that. But I can follow this great thread of Superfly's and enjoy reading every message. I try to answer all the questions sent my way here, so as to justify my stealing of all of the great information this thread produces 24/7. So I'll continue to post to the board for sometime to come and I'm glad my comments have something in them for people like you! Thanks again for those kind words.

PS. I have a dilemma at the moment, BB no longer offers a tablet any more, and I need a 10" unit and find myself looking at Samsung and iPad, as much as it disgusts me to think I can't purchase a BlackBerry product, which one would be the best bet for a larger tablet? I need something that will allow me to open 10 websites and call them up fast. We have 4 tablets now but the other family members have taken over the large ones! I also want 4G connectivity too and a decent screen. Flipping through multiple open windows fast is key here.
    sidhuk, zyben, Mr BBRY and 5 others like this.
    03-18-14 11:41 AM
    A story was posted about this a while back. BlackBerry volunteers haven't stopped helping local businesses since the last post:

BlackBerry volunteers help small firms create mobile apps

BlackBerry volunteers help small firms create mobile apps
    sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    03-18-14 11:44 AM
    PS. I have a dilemma at the moment, BB no longer offers a tablet any more, and I need a 10" unit and find myself looking at Samsung and iPad, as much as it disgusts me to think I can't purchase a BlackBerry product, which one would be the best bet for a larger tablet? I need something that will allow me to open 10 websites and call them up fast. We have 4 tablets now but the other family members have taken over the large ones! I also want 4G connectivity too and a decent screen. Flipping through multiple open windows fast is key here.
    Morgan - I own the GNote 10.1 2014 edition and love it. I can take it into meetings and keep notes on it with the stylus, circle things I have read and save them to a scrapbook to go back to when I can remember (which I often cannot). It comes with 3gb RAM and an excellent screen which is easy to read and work with.

Never had any trouble at all flipping back and forth Android style - and yeah it's Android but with Snap you can share aps now :-). There is an LTE version out there but I am in the USA so I am not familiar if the Canadian folks carry but if you are on a GSM carrier should be no troubles to get one and throw a SIM in.
    morganplus8, bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    03-18-14 11:56 AM
    My 0.02$ on upcoming ER. I'm of the opinion that the last right off was anything and everything BlackBerry could.....I bet they even wrote off the paper clip inventory....So no more write downs. Foxconn deal is even bigger than most think. I also think they will announce better than expected traction on the enterprise side (corps where waiting for solid direction, now they have it...hearing acceleration in the take rate from trial to subscription). CORE is on target, tax rebates will have strong effect on bottom line. I expect cash increase as well.

Sensing tremendous confidence from folks inside BlackBerry for Chen. A healthy crew can overcome lots

These are my Tuesday musings, with no substantiation .....so salt it

CB10'n it via da Z
    03-18-14 12:03 PM
    My 0.02$ on upcoming ER. I'm of the opinion that the last right off was anything and everything BlackBerry could.....I bet they even wrote off the paper clip inventory....So no more write downs. Foxconn deal is even bigger than most think. I also think they will announce better than expected traction on the enterprise side (corps where waiting for solid direction, now they have it...hearing acceleration in the take rate from trial to subscription). CORE is on target, tax rebates will have strong effect on bottom line. I expect cash increase as well.

Sensing tremendous confidence from folks inside BlackBerry for Chen. A healthy crew can overcome lots

These are my Tuesday musings, with no substantiation .....so salt it

CB10'n it via da Z
    So your telling me you think EPS will we $0.02
    CDM76 likes this.
    03-18-14 12:04 PM
    Right now, I'll take it!!!! LoL

I have feeling that this ER will be another bad one. But that the next couple will be much better and show no right downs or losses.

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8 and bungaboy like this.
    03-18-14 12:14 PM
    I've never seen anything but a black Q5, which is the ugliest phone I've ever seen. I do wonder if the plastic looks a bit less cheap in the white and red than the black though.

Join the Cause @ BlackBerry Bootleg Marketing Channel - C003483F4
    Really? The ugliest phone?

You have not been alive very long. Look up some of the early-day Nokias....
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-18-14 12:17 PM
    Morgan - I own the GNote 10.1 2014 edition and love it. I can take it into meetings and keep notes on it with the stylus, circle things I have read and save them to a scrapbook to go back to when I can remember (which I often cannot). It comes with 3gb RAM and an excellent screen which is easy to read and work with.

Never had any trouble at all flipping back and forth Android style - and yeah it's Android but with Snap you can share aps now :-). There is an LTE version out there but I am in the USA so I am not familiar if the Canadian folks carry but if you are on a GSM carrier should be no troubles to get one and throw a SIM in.
    I heard surface pro 2 is good too. more money but i dont think money is an issue here? lol
    03-18-14 12:19 PM
    LOL. You can't counter an ugly phone argument with even an uglier phone. You're just saying that the Q5 is not the worst phone. In my opinion the Q5 series is a hideous phone.

Bacon Munchers likes this.
    03-18-14 12:40 PM
    Right now, I'll take it!!!! LoL

I have feeling that this ER will be another bad one. But that the next couple will be much better and show no right downs or losses.

Posted via CB10
    Id take it also but i dont think we will see any more write down this qtr that being said i think eps will be around -0.50 but as morgan stated that number isnt what people will be looking at. It will be the ending of Core and the traction of BES and bbm
    morganplus8 and CDM76 like this.
    03-18-14 12:40 PM
    Has anyone notice march halo options arn't fluctuating with the price? is it because no volume?
    03-18-14 12:51 PM
    Blackberry to shut down Ottawa product development centre - Ottawa - CBC News

BlackBerry to lay off 90 employees in Ottawa - Technology - Ottawa Business Journal

The layoffs are part of part the company�s previously announced plan to return to profitability by reducing its staff by 40 per cent before May.
    03-18-14 12:55 PM
    03-18-14 12:57 PM
    Wouldn't that be awesome! That would rocket the stock

CB10'n it via da Z
    bungaboy and CDM76 like this.
    03-18-14 01:12 PM
    I heard surface pro 2 is good too. more money but i dont think money is an issue here? lol
    Well, i have spent the last 24 hours with a new Venue 8 Pro 64GB with windows 8.1. So far . . . I don't like it at all. But I hope I will lear to like it.

I also have an iPaid Mini 32GB . . . I hate iTunes and everything about iAll!!!

I have a Asus Nexus 7 FHD 32GB which I like the best of the 3.

If my PlayBook behaved like my Z30 I would be tres happy.

Morgan, as much as I hate overpriced Apple stuff the MacBook Air isn't too bad vs 10" tablet. Just load Windows 7 Ultimate on it using Boot Camp.
    sidhuk, morganplus8 and rarsen like this.
    03-18-14 01:22 PM

Hyperbole

When I say it's hideous, it's because I think it looks awfully cheap. I really don't understand what they were thinking. The size and general shape are fine, but it looks like a Fisher Price phone or something. Again, perhaps the other colours have a nicer finish...

BThunderW and Bacon Munchers like this.
    03-18-14 01:33 PM
    03-18-14 01:46 PM
    Im just hoping that the 7600 employees they said they will be cutting have almost been complete and that CORE is almost over and they can provide good guidance on Operational costs going forward
    03-18-14 01:54 PM
    03-18-14 02:20 PM
    Hyperbole

When I say it's hideous, it's because I think it looks awfully cheap. I really don't understand what they were thinking. The size and general shape are fine, but it looks like a Fisher Price phone or something. Again, perhaps the other colours have a nicer finish...

Actually, having 2 in my possession, and using them for about 6 weeks, I find they are quite a nice phone for their intended market and price point.

They should have released all the colours in North American markets, IMO.

What was it about yours that you didn't like? I am interested in hearing your user experience.
    bigbadben10, sidhuk and zyben like this.
    03-18-14 02:46 PM
    Let's get it back on topic! Start another thread in the appropriate place if you want to talk wearable so either Off Topic forum here or maybe SmartWatchFans?
    03-18-14 03:20 PM
    While I have zero personal interest in a smartwatch, I *would* like to see BlackBerry address wearable tech in the near future. I think there is a market on the government side, military and non-military.

For example, the different emergency services fields are just getting started with having information about personnel tracked and broadcast. I don't know if QNX is a part of any of the nascent applications... they might very well be. If departments can afford whatever tech is developed, it shouldn't be too long before we see, for example, detailed location tracking of firefighters and police officers by command officers, along with information such as vital signs and remaining air supply. Supervisors might also be able to send information to their people: building layouts to a firefighter's HUD, locations of mechanical and sprinkler rooms, and information on suspects to police officers.

I'm sure Google and Apple's resources will be tough to beat, but here's an area where BlackBerry and BBM's top flight security would get their foot in the door.
    03-18-14 03:30 PM
113,256 ... 25032504250525062507 ...