Posted via CB10
    03-17-14 08:33 PM
    That would be "BigBadKen"
    Touches sword on both shoulders....rise "Sir BigBadKen"
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    03-17-14 08:34 PM
    Regarding light trading today.... it's st patty's day

Posted via CB10
    That may explain today, but it's been pretty light as of late. We used to be between 40-60 million a day, and lately it's been between 10-15.
    03-17-14 08:43 PM
    BlackBerry Product Security VP Talks Mobile Security http://www.berryreview.com/2014/03/1...BerryReview%29
    bungaboy and zyben like this.
    03-17-14 11:40 PM
    That's great, but does anyone in Indonesia know?

It seems like the only time we see BlackBerry ads is on Crackberry, and perhaps YouTube.
    Geesh!
    03-18-14 12:54 AM
    Somebody in News & Rumors main forum claiming some "HUGE" news about to come out........ also claimed last week that somebody told him Samsung had bought BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Ok, and I have some New Jersey scum-swamp property for sale real cheap - up for grabs to the high bidder....

Anyone...?

Anyone...?
    03-18-14 01:02 AM
    Flat design and "modern" ... Back in the Windows 3.1 times, you mean (my "taste and colors" perception)
    Call me boring, old fashioned, or just simple, but I dig the bb10 look! It's masculine and sturdy looking.
    03-18-14 01:05 AM
    Morgan, any thoughts you'd like to share pre-ER? Either TA, predictions,... :-) it's been boring lately!

Posted via CB10
    03-18-14 04:32 AM
    OT (hit me !)
    Attachment 255914
    Hmm. Need to break promise . Problem is that other people associate a simplistic, "flat" design with sophisticated, mature and modern, and associate 3D buttons or paper textures with "childish"... It would be interesting how the majority, or the "prosumer" feel about it.
    I can only speak for myself, I love the flat parts of BB10 (menues), I like the shadows (not flat) but I dislike the strong gradients in headers, and on some controls (Dropdown-boxes). These look childish IMHO. I hope BB finds an own clean modern style which does fit most tastes.
    Bacon Munchers likes this.
    03-18-14 04:43 AM
    03-18-14 06:48 AM
    Was this posted earlier? I don't think it was. If so, please accept my apologies. From George and for the record:
    BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY) news: The Importance Of BlackBerry's New Device Strategy - Seeking Alpha
    bungaboy, rarsen, sidhuk and 3 others like this.
    03-18-14 07:36 AM
    Was this posted earlier? I don't think it was. If so, please accept my apologies. From George and for the record:
    BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY) news: The Importance Of BlackBerry's New Device Strategy - Seeking Alpha
    I can't take him seriously - his articles always contain basic errors or omissions of fact - z20?
    03-18-14 07:42 AM
    I can't take him seriously - his articles always contain basic errors or omissions of fact - z20?
    I have a tough time taking any of the SA articles seriously. Whether its a bull or bear argument, they are never impartial and always seem to find some way to sway the sentiment of the article to their stance.
    BThunderW and morganplus8 like this.
    03-18-14 07:49 AM
    I have a tough time taking any of the SA articles seriously. Whether its a bull or bear argument, they are never impartial and always seem to find some way to sway the sentiment of the article to their stance.
    Well there is that - but I think even if you take them all with a pinch of salt there is a variance of quality and I put him near the bottom.
    03-18-14 07:51 AM
    Well there is that - but I think even if you take them all with a pinch of salt there is a variance of quality and I put him near the bottom.
    His 18200 followers on Twitter seem to think differently

Posted via CB10
    03-18-14 08:57 AM
    Wall st analysts have hundreds of thousands of followers. They still dumbasses

Posted via CB10
    03-18-14 09:11 AM
    Wall st analysts have hundreds of thousands of followers. They still dumbasses

Posted via CB10
    Bieber has a **** ton. How greatly do you value his opinion? Lol

Posted via CB10
    03-18-14 09:22 AM
    There are other ways of expressing a different opinion He's a member of this group now and I quite like his opinions.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, sidhuk and zyben like this.
    03-18-14 09:22 AM
    Well i won't argue with that loll, we shall just end it with this "to each their own"

Posted via CB10
    _dimi_ and sidhuk like this.
    03-18-14 09:24 AM
    There are other ways of expressing a different opinion He's a member of this group now and I quite like his opinions.

Posted via CB10
    I'm just buggin. After how closely I read SA last year, and how utterly wrong they were, I choose not to read opinion pieces and take them at face value. Especially if they try to paint a picture of euphoria, which a lot of them tend to do

Posted via CB10
    03-18-14 09:26 AM
    Exactly. I don't like that they are taken as Gospel or news by some. They are opinion at best and conjecture most of the time. I read some to gather info and then take what I can from them, but always remembering it is what it is, esp when the author says they are short or long.

My recollection is that George has been wrong at least as often as he has been right which puts him right in the middle of the pack. His stuff is well written and I read it, but I do disagree with his conclusion 75%+ of the time. That's my issue, not his.
    Corbu, cjcampbell and rarsen like this.
    03-18-14 09:41 AM
    Morgan, any thoughts you'd like to share pre-ER? Either TA, predictions,... :-) it's been boring lately!

Posted via CB10
    Hi _dimi_!!

You are so right, it is crazy boring right now with BlackBerry finding comfort just below it's 200-dma. There are many stocks below their 200-dma right now, we rarely saw this over the past 12-months, but today, we are far more cautious. A prime example within BBRY's sector is AAPL. It has been below it's 50-dma for a few days now and I think that if AAPL can break above $ 530.00/shr and hold it, the sector moves higher too. BBRY wants to close above its 200-dma and stay just below it's 50-dma until the ER. The difference in the two stocks is that AAPL is more of an investment and institutions will hold it and buy the dips, therefore it trades closer to the better average (50-dma). What BBRY has going for it is the ability to move lightening quick, therefore the stock can clear it's 200-dma and it's 50-dma the same day. The sector needs to show some strength so that speculative stocks like BBRY can move up on no news too.

Here is my chart on BBRY:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-chart-march-18-2014.png

I see a stock that has great support at $ 9.00/shr, the top end of the channel is now $ 10.75/shr and we are near the support line mainly due to general market conditions and the upcoming milestone of the next ER. We still don't have a clear uptrend line to work with for the balance of the year, the wait continues in that respect. A trader would buy the $ 9.00/shr mark and be prepared to sell at the top of the channel if the ER is neutral. If the ER is positive, we could easily clear that resistance level. And so there isn't much to get excited about with the charts as long as we feel comfortable hugging the 200-dma. The only good news is that we appear to be breaking that 10-day downtrend line. For 10-days that line has been pushing us down to $ 9.00/shr and it appears, by the volume today, that we are done with that negative pressure for now. The stock starts out strong, wants to clear the 200-dma but falters on volume.

As for the ER I'm hoping we'll hear that CORE is near completion, that BBRY is on target to break-even on CF and EPS in another 6-months and that there are a couple of new developments of interest where the company sees promise. That could be related to the new phone selection, launch dates for additional software upgrades, video for cross-platforms and so on. I have no clue what their EPS will look like and I don't care in the slightest, I only care about CORE ending and it needs to happen soon. Everything else like, tax and R&D money are expected, their unit sales won't look good, we know that, but becoming cash-flow neutral would be huge, that allows that company to invest in itself again.
    bungaboy, sidhuk, Corbu and 14 others like this.
    03-18-14 09:53 AM
    Google suffers hacker deja vu as Play Store goes down again http://www.techradar.com/us/news/sof...c=rss&attr=all
    rarsen, zyben, cjcampbell and 1 others like this.
    03-18-14 10:00 AM
    O.T. here, I know some of you own biotech stocks and we are dreadfully slow here with BBRY so I thought I would mention HALO for those that own it. The chart pattern for HALO is much like all the other Biotech stocks so this holds true for PSDV, THLD, XOMA etc., they are all below their major indexes with the exception of THLD which is enjoying a Golden Cross but no rally! Here is the chart pattern for HALO and from it you might see that the sector is coming alive again:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-halo-chart-march-18-2014.png

HALO is completing what is defined as a Pennant Formation, not unlike the one that BBRY formed more than a year ago. These Pennants resolve to the upside 75% of the time and this one should be no diffierent. We need to clear the downtrend line, close above the recent highs of $ 13.80/shr and we should be ready to rally to the 50-dma next. I see us getting important news very soon that will determine the size of our next move. The news is likely to re-shape the chart in a very big way. Look for us to breakout here and rally to the $ 15.20/shr area while we await major news.
    03-18-14 10:42 AM
    O.T. here, I know some of you own biotech stocks and we are dreadfully slow here with BBRY so I thought I would mention HALO for those that own it. The chart pattern for HALO is much like all the other Biotech stocks so this holds true for PSDV, THLD, XOMA etc., they are all below their major indexes with the exception of THLD which is enjoying a Golden Cross but no rally! Here is the chart pattern for HALO and from it you might see that the sector is coming alive again:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HALO Chart March 18 2014.png 
Views:	1525 
Size:	63.4 KB 
ID:	256107

HALO is completing what is defined as a Pennant Formation, not unlike the one that BBRY formed more than a year ago. These Pennants resolve to the upside 75% of the time and this one should be no diffierent. We need to clear the downtrend line, close above the recent highs of $ 13.80/shr and we should be ready to rally to the 50-dma next. I see us getting important news very soon that will determine the size of our next move. The news is likely to re-shape the chart in a very big way. Look for us to breakout here and rally to the $ 15.20/shr area while we await major news.
    Thanks again Morgan. Wish I could afford it.

Perhaps I need to subscribe to your news letter(!?)

BTW, I realise that you are constantly flooded with thanks/likes, and that may or may not be a good thing for you.
    Going forth though, please consider this as a perpetual thanks from me, as I don't need to add to the pile of people that are appreciative that you (and SuperFly) are mastering this thread.
    Corbu, La Emperor, JLagoon and 3 others like this.
    03-18-14 11:00 AM
113,256 ... 25022503250425052506 ...