View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I am not sure the cheap, commodity handset business is worth it, even with Foxcomm. Yes less risk,but it also has an effect on the high end phones too and brand image.
    Hey OMG. I have to disagree, with the following qualifiers:

1). Android hand sets have gained the majority of popularity by sheer numbers due to price mainly (i.e. the Nexus lines).

? On this, BlackBerry could do the same 'reach-around' strategy to emerging markets and seed existing markets where BlackBerry is still huge.
    ? Foxconn is the money-card for our entry-level devices, and that was a very smart move. We all know that Foxconn is also capable of making elite level devices too, so it will be interesting as to which direction Chen moves with regard to the other lines going forth here.
    ? Brand image will increase indirectly across the board, the same way that Samsung became a thing; sheer volume and good build quality.

2). Chen clearly stated that we are now looking at four levels of approach to the next lineups. This is where I have to disagree that the BlackBerry brand image will suffer:

? Mercedes has very successful sales numbers. I would never buy the entry level (ugly factor), but the 500 series is another story. Either way, the Mercedes names as a whole is very good.
    ? Infinity is Nissan, Acura is Honda, Daimler is Dodge, etc. All still great name brands.
    [Back to my main point]....
    ? If BlackBerry builds Z3 and Q3 for the said markets, Z10/30 and Q10/30 for 'Prosumers', Q20 for Enterprise, and Porsche Editions for the folks with cash to burn, this creates a sort of device Ecosystem that nobody has ever done to my knowledge(?) at least, not to this level.

Imagine, with this same mukti-leveled, structured approach, what could be done with BBM and QNX, and BES?
    Well, we are already seeing this happen.

I for one, can't wait to see how this plays out. For the first time since the launch of bb10, I actually see light at this tunnels' end.
    Last edited by Bacon Munchers; 03-14-14 at 12:03 AM.
    theRock1975 and Mr BBRY like this.
    03-13-14 11:02 PM
    How is 1 trolling?
    As a position it's not and I can see how it is rational to some people - but I'm talking about the discussion of positions, not the positions themselves. Given where this thread is and the name of it - if that is someone's position, what discussion is there really to be had from repeating it over and over here?
    Superfly_FR, cjcampbell and _dimi_ like this.
    03-14-14 03:29 AM
    Just realizing today that the ER isn't for two weeks.

Somehow i've been operating under the false assumption that it was next Friday.

Too excited, I guess.

The $9 dip seems much more reasonable now.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-14 07:08 AM
    And why is it reasonable

Posted via CB10
    03-14-14 07:14 AM
    Under $9 in the pre-market.
    03-14-14 07:18 AM
    Under $9 in the pre-market.
    PM can be far too misleading. I never trust it for any indicator of the days trade unless it's a reaction to news.
    Corbu, georg4BB, bungaboy and 2 others like this.
    03-14-14 07:21 AM
    Let's just be clear on one thing. I still like Blackberry, not as a stock but as a company. In fact, I have Z30 coming in tomorrow (ditching my HTC One) so I really want Blackberry to stick around.

But that being said, I'm keeping my expectations in check. I'm not out to spread FUD about the company, but just like there's more negative posts popping up prior to ER, there's also a surge of unrealistic "pumper" posts.

Fact is that Blackberry is still burning cash, and they haven't had a new significant source of income since last ER, hence it's reasonable to assume that the post ER stock price will reflect that. Additionally, since shorts are piling back in, it is not a good sign in itself. I'd love to be proven wrong.

As a position it's not and I can see how it is rational to some people - but I'm talking about the discussion of positions, not the positions themselves. Given where this thread is and the name of it - if that is someone's position, what discussion is there really to be had from repeating it over and over here?
    03-14-14 07:46 AM
    Let's just be clear on one thing. I still like Blackberry, not as a stock but as a company. In fact, I have Z30 coming in tomorrow (ditching my HTC One) so I really want Blackberry to stick around.

But that being said, I'm keeping my expectations in check. I'm not out to spread FUD about the company, but just like there's more negative posts popping up prior to ER, there's also a surge of unrealistic "pumper" posts.

Fact is that Blackberry is still burning cash, and they haven't had a new significant source of income since last ER, hence it's reasonable to assume that the post ER stock price will reflect that. Additionally, since shorts are piling back in, it is not a good sign in itself. I'd love to be proven wrong.
    Never doubted you for a second Thunder, and...it's Friday...so....

Gorilla apocalypse??
    Is that a Z30...yes, yes it is.
    cjcampbell, sidhuk and rarsen like this.
    03-14-14 07:50 AM
    Fact is that Blackberry is still burning cash, and they haven't had a new significant source of income since last ER, hence it's reasonable to assume that the post ER stock price will reflect that.
    BlackBerry was expected to receive a $500 million rebate from the government in the first half of fiscal 2015, which begins in March. However I believe a large portion of that money was fast tracked late last calendar year.

Under the 'it will take a miracle' category, BlackBerry is owed the equivalent of $0.10 of eps from the currency hold back by Venezuela.It would certainly help if they could unlock those funds.
    Last edited by W Hoa; 03-14-14 at 11:25 AM.
    03-14-14 08:29 AM
    BlackBerry was expected to receive a $500 million rebate from the government in the first half of fiscal 2015, which begins in March. However I believe a large portion of that money was fast tracked late last calendar year.

Under the 'it will take a miracle' catergory, BlackBerry is owed the equivelant of $0.10 of eps from the currency hold back by Venezuela.It would certainly help if they could unlock those funds.
    The tax rebate and the real estate sales and maybe the Venezuela issue would all be nice to help the ER but what i really want to see is there operation cost reduced a good deal and some headway in the enterprise
    Shanerredflag and Korepab like this.
    03-14-14 08:41 AM
    Guess the therapy is not working?
    I got one end of Feb - good thing I guess I got in before the re-education process begins
    Shanerredflag and OMGitworks like this.
    03-14-14 08:59 AM
    Discussing BlackBerry 10 with Mercedes AMG Petronas IT Director, Matt Harris

Discussing BlackBerry 10 with Mercedes AMG Petronas IT Director, Matt Harris - N4BB
    bungaboy, rarsen, sidhuk and 1 others like this.
    03-14-14 09:34 AM

Under the 'it will take a miracle' category, BlackBerry is owed the equivelant of $0.10 of eps from the currency hold back by Venezuela.It would certainly help if they could unlock those funds.
    Geeze,
    All. Of the latest doom and gloom campaign made me forget about these cash sources.
    Thanks for reminding.

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-14-14 09:47 AM
    Geeze,
    All. Of the latest doom and gloom campaign made me forget about these cash sources.
    Thanks for reminding.

They need sustainable revenue, not one time payouts. Direction of the company is going to be far more important than the resulting balance sheet after these payments

Posted via CB10
    03-14-14 09:56 AM
    They need sustainable revenue, not one time payouts. Direction of the company is going to be far more important than the resulting balance sheet after these payments

Posted via CB10
    sustainable revenue along side of operational costs
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    03-14-14 10:03 AM
    So does anyone know how much a BES server costs? How many devices can be supported by a single server? Cost per device accessing the BES server?

These numbers are what will drive the majority of earnings into the foreseeable future. Device sales will become a lesser but still significant source.

As the revenue model changes from legacy model, to the new model, income was bound to plummet.

I believe that the big market players knew thus and helped drive the stock price to the floor. In the near future as the earnings model shifts those same players will push the stick higher.

The long term earnings potential for BlackBerry is very big, on lower fixed expenses.

Tim Smith from my Z10 on Rogers
    Shanerredflag, sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    03-14-14 10:37 AM

Posted via CB10
    Agreed, on top of that JC said that since they won't be manufacturing hand sets any more, they won't be occurring minimum required patent use expenses beginning October or so this year. The current amount is around 800 mil per year. I may be explaining it wrong.

Busy day today so, please don't ask me to provide link. LoL.

morganplus8, bungaboy and rarsen like this.
    03-14-14 11:13 AM
    Agreed, on top of that JC said that since they won't be manufacturing hand sets any more, they won't be occurring minimum required patent use expenses beginning October or so this year. The current amount is around 800 mil per year. I may be explaining it wrong.

Busy day today so, please don't ask me to provide link. LoL.

Sid, I also remember there was discussion about this on this thread awhile back.
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    03-14-14 11:19 AM
    BlackBerry PT Raised to $9.50 (RIMM) | Ticker Report
    Separately, analysts at TD Securities raised their price target on shares of BlackBerry from $9.50 to $10.50 in a research note on Thursday, February 20th. Six equities research analysts have rated the stock with a sell rating, four have assigned a hold rating, two have given a buy rating and one has assigned a strong buy rating to the company’s stock. The company currently has an average rating of “Hold” and an average price target of $13.93.
    zyben, bungaboy, Mr BBRY and 3 others like this.
    03-14-14 11:25 AM
    busy day but these keep on ringing, what can I do?
    Press Releases - News - Stockhouse
    New Neato BotVac Robot Vacuum Cleans Up with QNX Technology
    03-14-14 11:39 AM
    Yes, privacy and security matter to customers. BBM delivers on both. | Inside BlackBerry http://blogs.blackberry.com/2014/03/bbm-security/
    zyben, morganplus8, Corbu and 2 others like this.
    03-14-14 12:01 PM
    Man, I hope that BBRY is doing everything it can to keep those existing customers. Can't let them slip away...
    Severn Trent looking past BB10 with “much wider, holistic view” for five-year BYOD plan - 14 Mar 2014 - Computing News
    Bacon Munchers likes this.
    03-14-14 12:36 PM
    Man, I hope that BBRY is doing everything it can to keep those existing customers. Can't let them slip away...
    Severn Trent looking past BB10 with �€œmuch wider, holistic view�€� for five-year BYOD plan - 14 Mar 2014 - Computing News
    "BlackBerry's CIO, John Chen, revealed the company's plans to become an MDM provider across platforms back in February 2014 at Mobile World Congress. Read Computing's analysis of Chen's business plan to find out more."

Must be a good article lol CIO lol
    bungaboy and Shanerredflag like this.
    03-14-14 12:53 PM
    Today's trading is a really fun watch. So far, it's been following some beautiful TA patterns. If it can just push through the 9.20 mark, and hold it, we could be in for some more fun.

Posted via CB10

Edit -. Lol. I didn't think it would happen right as soon as I posted
    03-14-14 01:04 PM
    Today's trading is a really fun watch. So far, it's been following some beautiful TA patterns. If it can just push through the 9.20 mark, and hold it, we could be in for some more fun.

Posted via CB10

Edit -. Lol. I didn't think it would happen right as soon as I posted
    Nice one CJ..thank you
    bungaboy, cjcampbell and sidhuk like this.
    03-14-14 01:18 PM
113,256 ... 24972498249925002501 ...