View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I agree with you but i think at this point they just need to get bb10 in the hands of as many people as possible. I doubt that there margins will even be 10 percent with the z3 but who cares the z3 isnt about profit
    And additional BBM users.
    jake simmons3 likes this.
    03-13-14 02:26 PM
    My 2 cents...

Extracted from various places. Most of this we already know.

Sims' comments come during rumblings BlackBerry is considering cutting, or diminishing, the significance of its devices division and establishing itself as a enterprise software and services provider.

Moves to make key tools such as BlackBerry Messenger available on other platforms including iOS and Android have done little to dispel these rumours.

Sims moved to downplay this, but said each of the company's four divisions have been tasked to become commercially viable and profitable in their own right.

"I think it's important to note that when John Chen came in as CEO he organised the company into four businesses: the device business, the enterprise business, the messaging business and the QNX business," he said.

"While we want them to work together and be able to provide a gold standard service, we want them to be able to thrive on their own, so each has to do the right thing to survive on their own. This means working with an ecosystem of partners."

For the hardware division this could prove tough, as sales of hardware have dwindled, meaning it could face an uncertain future if new devices don't succeed.

In an attempt to boost its smartphone success, at the recent Mobile World Congress event BlackBerry unveiled its latest smartphone, the Q20, to try to boost interest in its smartphones among "prosumers" and dedicated business users.

"We have to put out more and more attractive devices so they'll want to have a BlackBerry – we need to make it so the so-called prosumer will want a BlackBerry," Sims said, as he underlined how important the device is to the firm's future.

"The new devices that we've announced have got to be successful."
    BlackBerry enterprise chief sees BES 12 as key to firm's survival - IT Interview from V3.co.uk

Sunil Lalvani, India MD at BlackBerry, talks about the phone maker's India strategy that will focus on BBM, enterprise services and new device launches.

"We do not want to play in all price segments. There's always a market for premium models. Besides, we are not just a handset maker any longer (In the three months ended 30 November 2013, about 40% of BlackBerry's $1.2 billion revenue came from hardware [devices], 53% from services and about 7% from software). Our strength is enterprises that trust us for better security levels," countered Lalvani.
    From another source.
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-13-14 02:30 PM
    OT but related. LoL
    Holy future defence attorney batman. Lol

Is that a Z30...yes, yes it is.
    bigbadben10, sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    03-13-14 02:32 PM
    They just got the cash do you think they blew 1 billion
    We can no longer just look at cash and add it to book value. Now we must take 2.x billion minus their debt.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-14 02:35 PM
    How can I be a troll? That makes as much sense as your statement that BlackBerry's core business has always been enterprise. Where is the evidence for that?

Just do a simple Google search for BlackBerry news and revenue when things were going well. I was going to attach pics and links but you can just check for yourself as there are so many. It's phone sales, phone sales, phone sales. Go look at old BlackBerry financial statements and announcements. It's phone sales, phone sales, phone sales.

You know, I really do find it funny how Chen got up and said BlackBerry is going back to its roots and loads of BlackBerry fans start chanting that BlackBerry's roots aren't in device sales. What planet are we on?

If BlackBerry's core wasn't phone sales, why the hell are we in critical condition now that phone sales have crashed? How is that possible? Why is BlackBerry known the world over as a smartphone maker? Is the whole world deluded about the past 8 or so years? I mean, really...beam me up, Scotty...

Join the Cause @ BlackBerry Bootleg Marketing Channel - C003483F4
    So whats your point. IBM was once in the hardware business as well, now they are a software services company. Not a cool company, but pretty darn profitable over the years. You are living in the past with regards to the consumer market, thank god Chen and his crew are looking forward.

Also with regards to the comment you made earlier about SAS, why do care you care if the general public knows who they are. It's obvious that there customers know who they are and use their services, and that's what matters. Oh pretty profitable company as well, but I forgot you are all about the cool.
    leafs123 likes this.
    03-13-14 02:37 PM
    And additional BBM users.
    exactly i still think bbm is a huge huge potential for them if they can monetize it correctly in the public and the enterprise. I would love to see a deal with Samsung to have every phone pre-loaded with bbm
    03-13-14 02:40 PM
    It's not just BBRY having a dip, my whole watch list is red...sigh.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and daithiD like this.
    03-13-14 02:42 PM
    Part of my family is in the UK now attending a 50th party. BBMing, voice and video calling away free of charge via wi-fi. It's sweet and works perfectly.

Rock on BlackBerry!
    03-13-14 02:45 PM
    Well, seems that the world as we know it us ending again..

Posted via CB10
    bigbadben10 and bungaboy like this.
    03-13-14 02:56 PM
    IBM's vision for a Smarter Enterprise (QNX Jeep guest appearance):

03-13-14 02:59 PM
    Part of my family is in the UK now attending a 50th party. BBMing, voice and video calling away free of charge via wi-fi. It's sweet and works perfectly.

Rock on BlackBerry!
    Jus got back from US after a week long trip. BBM voice is just great.

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    bigbadben10 and bungaboy like this.
    03-13-14 02:59 PM
    So whats your point. IBM was once in the hardware business as well, now they are a software services company. Not a cool company, but pretty darn profitable over the years. You are living in the past with regards to the consumer market, thank god Chen and his crew are looking forward.

Also with regards to the comment you made earlier about SAS, why do care you care if the general public knows who they are. It's obvious that there customers know who they are and use their services, and that's what matters. Oh pretty profitable company as well, but I forgot you are all about the cool.
    I don't really care that much anymore to be honest. I am very much 'all about the cool'; that is true, because 'cool' sells like crazy. As for your IBM comment, my point was that it is factually incorrect to think that BlackBerry's bread and butter has always been enterprise.

As for SAP, I agree that they are successful, but so are Apple and Samsung, and so was BlackBerry. I'd prefer BlackBerry to be a multi-talented company like Apple or Samsung than something like SAP, but we are all entitled to our own preferences regarding stock prices and profits. Given the choice, I'll take 'the cool' to the bank all day long.

I own a BlackBerry, and that's where my interest in the company started. I doubt many people in here are personally very excited about BES 10 or 12 or 1000, or whatever. We love the devices and BBM, and BlackBerry 10. Would Crackberry.com exist in the first place if BlackBerry weren't about devices? Just let BlackBerry stop selling phones and see how quickly this whole site collapses.

I know I am in the minority in saying that PR and device sales are the answer, but that's fine. Personally, I think that's what BlackBerry need to fix, in addition to keeping enterprise market share. Anyway, I'm done with this conversation for the next long while. We can sit back and see how things go.

georg4BB likes this.
    03-13-14 03:11 PM
    Effectively there are three crowds here in regards to the short-term:

1) BBRY IS DOOMED!
    2) BBRY can pull it back in consumer and enterprise
    3) BBRY should write off consumer and concentrate on enterprise

Now 1 is trolling if all you do is repeat that postion but if you hold position 2 or 3 (I'm a 3), I just see that as a difference of perspective not really trolling..
    03-13-14 03:27 PM
    I don't really care that much anymore to be honest. I am very much 'all about the cool'; that is true, because 'cool' sells like crazy. As for your IBM comment, my point was that it is factually incorrect to think that BlackBerry's bread and butter has always been enterprise.

As for SAP, I agree that they are successful, but so are Apple and Samsung, and so was BlackBerry. I'd prefer BlackBerry to be a multi-talented company like Apple or Samsung than something like SAP, but we are all entitled to our own preferences regarding stock prices and profits. Given the choice, I'll take 'the cool' to the bank all day long.

I own a BlackBerry, and that's where my interest in the company started. I doubt many people in here are personally very excited about BES 10 or 12 or 1000, or whatever. We love the devices and BBM, and BlackBerry 10. Would Crackberry.com exist in the first place if BlackBerry weren't about devices? Just let BlackBerry stop selling phones and see how quickly this whole site collapses.

I know I am in the minority in saying that PR and device sales are the answer, but that's fine. Personally, I think that's what BlackBerry need to fix, in addition to keeping enterprise market share. Anyway, I'm done with this conversation for the next long while. We can sit back and see how things go.

Oh I'm quite sure many in this thread care about bes 10/12, etc. If you are a shareholder, you better as well.

As far as crackberry and bbry, it's 2 very different things. Apples and bowling Balls!!!
    03-13-14 03:30 PM
    Every now and then . . .

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-patience_grasshopper.jpg
    Shanerredflag, Corbu, jxnb and 5 others like this.
    03-13-14 03:42 PM
    Sarah Jessica Parkers Smartphone of Choice: BlackBerry

Sarah Jessica Parkers Smartphone of Choice: BlackBerry |
    03-13-14 03:46 PM

1) BBRY IS DOOMED!

Now 1 is trolling if all you do is repeat that postion but if you hold position 2 or 3 (I'm a 3), I just see that as a difference of perspective not really trolling..
    Out of curiosity, how much do you think BBRY could be worth as an enterprise-only business? As we already have huge market share in the areas BlackBerry wants to focus on, I wonder where the growth comes from over the long term. Obviously, we aren't going to be seeing hundreds of new governments popping on on Mars that need secure data, so assuming BlackBerry can claim almost all government contracts, and claims all of big business it had before, where does the exciting growth come from? QNX?

03-13-14 03:50 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screenshot-28-.png

Well wasn't that a fun day eh? lol Now I can see why BThunder decided to not take part in the shorts game. Even with the bullish signal of the golden cross, they still controlled this one all the way down to a crucial (in my opinion) support level of $9. It held today, but tomorrow is crucial (again.... in my opinion) that it holds and makes some headway back on up to take back the $10 area. If not, I think a lot of stops will get trigged and it "could" see the mid to low 8's again before regrouping.
    03-13-14 03:52 PM
    Well boys, between the missing jet, the BS in Ukrainian, the very real possibility the Chinese bubble is actually going to burst and the fact most markets here in the western hemisphere are over bought on goodness knows what I don't see any reason at all for the decline the last while.

Is that a Z30...yes, yes it is.
    03-13-14 04:21 PM
    BlackBerry's Z3 May Thrive in African Market

BlackBerry's Z3 May Thrive in African Market
    03-13-14 04:55 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (28).png 
Views:	1599 
Size:	172.0 KB 
ID:	254907

Well wasn't that a fun day eh? lol Now I can see why BThunder decided to not take part in the shorts game. Even with the bullish signal of the golden cross, they still controlled this one all the way down to a crucial (in my opinion) support level of $9. It held today, but tomorrow is crucial (again.... in my opinion) that it holds and makes some headway back on up to take back the $10 area. If not, I think a lot of stops will get trigged and it "could" see the mid to low 8's again before regrouping.
    Honest question: how do we know it's the short impacting the sp?

Posted via CB10
    03-13-14 06:18 PM
    Honest question: how do we know it's the short impacting the sp?

Posted via CB10
    Can't say definitively, but when you look at the short interest rising as it gets to the 6 month highs, and the price start to subsequently slide, and the last week and a bit has been the longest sustained slide in a very long time, one starts to put two and two together. The price has also ignored every bullish indicator as of late. Market movers are obviously in control of this one again and I expect them to play it to their advantage.
    03-13-14 07:42 PM

1) BBRY IS DOOMED!

#3 is BlackBerry only option. The USA elite / NSA will never allow the slave masses to own a BlackBerry made phone. BlackBerry is only allowed for the elite, governments and the elites business interests (enterprise) . Everyone else will be re-educated to use iPhone or Android via media re-education programing.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-14 07:52 PM
    #3 is BlackBerry only option. The USA elite / NSA will never allow the slave masses to own a BlackBerry made phone. BlackBerry is only allowed for the elite, governments and the elites business interests (enterprise) . Everyone else will be re-educated to use iPhone or Android via media re-education programing.

Posted via CB10
    Guess the therapy is not working?
    03-13-14 08:59 PM
    How is 1 trolling? If blackberry runs out of cash before they can turn the company around, then what? I work in the tech sector, everyone still hates Blackberry, they've not exactly wowed anyone with their latest products quite yet. Their die hard user base is shrinking.
    I also posted a transcript of an exchange between Blackberry tech support and a paying client, they still treat customers like crap.

What's changed since Chen took over?

1) BBRY IS DOOMED!

03-13-14 09:40 PM
113,256 ... 24962497249824992500 ...