View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    BBRY's stock's rightful price is 6 - 7 USD based on current fundamentals. It is highly speculative that BBRY would be priced higher than when after BBRY had courted buyers and fail to find a legitimate investor. (If no actual industry insider like Microsoft, IBM, etc. thinks BBRY is worth 8 USD, why should we?)
    Personally I value it higher than 6-7 dollars because I thin that valuation focuses on BBRY as a hanset maker and doesn't include the value of the messaging business (� la Whatsapp) or the QNX internet of things business. Granted, I don't think the company is making cash hand over fist, but the stock price is an undervaluation that doesn't reflect the actual value (IMO) of the business units ouside the handset business. After seeing what FB was willing to pay for a sup par messaging service like whatsapp, can it really be argued that BBRY is above fair value? I don't think so. The market still doesn't agree with me, but I'm confident that will change. That's why I'm long!

Posted while peeking and flowing on my incredible BBQ10! ?
    bungaboy, sidhuk and zyben like this.
    03-13-14 12:39 PM
    At bungaboy, just as an FYI, the whole Canadian Federal Government has been mandated to upgrade to BES10 with BlackBerry handsets and this year most departments will. Most are already in the pilot mode with some like SSC already rolling out into production. Additionally, many provincial governments will also be doing it. Mostly Q5 for regular users to Z10 and Q10 for higher mgmt.

Posted via swift BlackBerry Z30!
    03-13-14 12:39 PM
    What if, since BBRY is moving written down inventory into enterprise, selling real estate assets, reducing spending on marketing, getting sizeable tax rebates from the government, adding in the BES10 adoption and no longer spending excessively on inventory due to the Foxconn deal...

BBRY ends up with close to 5 billion in the bank.

Any thoughts on what might happen if BBRY ended up with more money in the bank than their market cap and no more signs of bleeding revenues?
    They have debt so it's cash less debt that matters.

Posted via CB10
    dusdal and sidhuk like this.
    03-13-14 12:40 PM
    The "Core" business for BlackBerry is Enterprise $$$, always has and always will be. The consumer market will ebb and flow.
    I'm not going to get into any more of a tennis match over this, but that statement is simply incorrect.

Join the Cause @ BlackBerry Bootleg Marketing Channel - C003483F4
    03-13-14 12:41 PM
    Also look at the doom and gloom trolls returning to the thread as we get closer to the ER.... Go away please! Ply your trade elsewhere... Thank you.

BB you were spot on mate!
    03-13-14 12:41 PM
    Interesting, I thought BES10 was key to firms survival...

Posted via CB10 /w Z10
    03-13-14 12:44 PM
    I am only trying to respond to some of the posts and threads I have seen since Chen made the comment in the interview the other day that he (and it seems many others) liked RIM better. There was a post above mine that said RIM should never have changed their name.

BlackBerry was trying to embrace a new chapter and a new OS when they did it and it made some sense at the time. In the same sense it could make sense again at a future date to move away from BlackBerry as well.
    No problem. Realistically whatever they could change their name to wouldn't change the media hatred of the Company, nor the manipulation of it's stock.
    03-13-14 12:49 PM
    Tell me it didn't make you laugh when it turns out that Tmob will be first with the update :-).
    Yup, some have a twisted sense of humour. LoL
    randall2580 and sidhuk like this.
    03-13-14 12:50 PM

Posted via CB10 /w Z10
    12 unifies 10 and 5 under the same roof. So technically it still is.
    sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    03-13-14 12:51 PM
    Also look at the doom and gloom trolls returning to the thread as we get closer to the ER.... Go away please! Ply your trade elsewhere... Thank you.

Ben, I have only ever been wrong once.

I see some of the "regulars" popping in like clockwork. The code has been sent to the sleeper cells.
    03-13-14 12:53 PM

Posted via CB10 /w Z10
    Exactly. First the Z10 was supposed to outsell the Q10 3:1, then two months or so later, the Q10 was expected to outsell the Z10.

Aren't the main selling points if BES12 the addition of BES5 integration and Windows Phone support? If you're a large company, what's the big deal with adding a few servers to test/use BES10? The BES5 servers are probably getting old by now. Shouldn't BlackBerry be trying to kill BBOS in the enterprise? The longer BBOS lingers, the longer people think the BlackBerry experience is still BBOS.

On the Windows Phone front, I was under the impression that their 3rd place position isn't unassailable I once/if BB10 takes off. Aside from low end phones selling in emerging markets, Windows Phone hasn't been doing very good either. So, if BES12 is now the server enterprise is looking forward to, something doesn't smell right.
    03-13-14 12:58 PM

How can I be a troll? That makes as much sense as your statement that BlackBerry's core business has always been enterprise. Where is the evidence for that?

Just do a simple Google search for BlackBerry news and revenue when things were going well. I was going to attach pics and links but you can just check for yourself as there are so many. It's phone sales, phone sales, phone sales. Go look at old BlackBerry financial statements and announcements. It's phone sales, phone sales, phone sales.

You know, I really do find it funny how Chen got up and said BlackBerry is going back to its roots and loads of BlackBerry fans start chanting that BlackBerry's roots aren't in device sales. What planet are we on?

If BlackBerry's core wasn't phone sales, why the hell are we in critical condition now that phone sales have crashed? How is that possible? Why is BlackBerry known the world over as a smartphone maker? Is the whole world deluded about the past 8 or so years? I mean, really...beam me up, Scotty...

zachgeo likes this.
    03-13-14 01:09 PM
    How can I be a troll? That makes as much sense as your statement that BlackBerry's core business has always been enterprise. Where is the evidence for that?

Just do a simple Google search for BlackBerry news and revenue when things were going well. I was going to attach pics and links but you can just check for yourself as there are so many. It's phone sales, phone sales, phone sales. Go look at old BlackBerry financial statements and announcements. It's phone sales, phone sales, phone sales.

You know, I really do find it funny how Chen got up and said BlackBerry is going back to its roots and loads of BlackBerry fans start chanting that BlackBerry's roots aren't in device sales. What planet are we on?

If BlackBerry's core wasn't phone sales, why the hell are we in critical condition now that phone sales have crashed? How is that possible? Why is BlackBerry known the world over as a smartphone maker? Is the whole world deluded about the past 8 or so years? I mean, really...beam me up, Scotty...

Ben didn't mention you specifically, and I stand corrected here but I don't think it was meant for you either.
    03-13-14 01:18 PM
    They have debt so it's cash less debt that matters.

Posted via CB10
    They just got the cash do you think they blew 1 billion
    03-13-14 01:19 PM
    03-13-14 01:25 PM
    Ben didn't mention you specifically, and I stand corrected here but I don't think it was meant for you either.
    Well in any case, most of what I said stands. I think a lot of folks are rewriting the last eight years in their minds in the face of overwhelming opposing evidence.

I like the exchange of ideas in here, but don't ever wish to carry on an extended text-boxing match. Time will tell which BB strategies made sense, and I hope that it's a positive story.

03-13-14 01:42 PM
    It not services OR devices ...
    It's multi-platform services first THEN devices ...
    bungaboy and Mr BBRY like this.
    03-13-14 01:51 PM
    Just to be clear BBUK14, the remark was NOT directed at you Peace!
    03-13-14 01:55 PM
    It not services OR devices ...
    It's multi-platform services first THEN devices ...
    As a short term strategy, I think that makes some sense.

Superfly_FR likes this.
    03-13-14 02:00 PM
    OT but related. LoL
    03-13-14 02:11 PM
    I think it had alot to do with price now with the z3 i think that could change things. I would also like them to release a even cheaper model
    I am not sure the cheap, commodity handset business is worth it, even with Foxcomm. Yes less risk,but it also has an effect on the high end phones too and brand image.
    03-13-14 02:16 PM
    OT but related. LoL
    LoL. Too funny. That poor Mom is in for a long road.
    sidhuk, Shanerredflag and georg4BB like this.
    03-13-14 02:16 PM
    LoL. Too funny. That poor Mom is in for a long road.
    I see a "Smack" coming LOL That made me laugh!
    sidhuk, Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    03-13-14 02:22 PM
    I am not sure the cheap, commodity handset business is worth it, even with Foxcomm. Yes less risk,but it also has an effect on the high end phones too and brand image.
    I agree with you but i think at this point they just need to get bb10 in the hands of as many people as possible. I doubt that there margins will even be 10 percent with the z3 but who cares the z3 isnt about profit
    OMGitworks and Reed Richards like this.
    03-13-14 02:24 PM
    They just got the cash do you think they blew 1 billion
    Cash burn will be a big factor in the ER. Some of their more drastic steps will cost a little now and save in the long run (terminating employees) some will build cash now but cost in the long run (selling r/e and leasing back). Tax credits/refunds are a large item for BBRY as well.

Cash burn is a number analysts will look at immediately and maybe not understand, right away, why/how the number changed. Then Mr. Chen comes in on the conf call and straightens it all out.....
    bungaboy and Bacon Munchers like this.
    03-13-14 02:25 PM
113,252 ... 24952496249724982499 ...