View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    OK, I've looked further into this - and I'm worried. First my credentials - my PhD is in mobile information systems and is based around secure systems used by certain govt organisations (wink wink) - I therefore consider myself an expert. In my experiments, I've found that you *can* crack a BB10 device. First you take a hammer, you run at the device and smash at the screen with all your strength and you will find you have cracked it!

I am happy for any reading journalists to turn this into a scoop.
    I shed tears after reading this.. LOL like real.. hahahahah
    03-12-14 10:30 PM
    Let's talk about the cloud and BES for a short time.
    Least we can say is that SAP culture, manpower and example is inspiring Chen.
    So what does have SAP as a vision about the Cloud, for a service I can easilly parallel with BES/eBBM and M2M services?

(translated : source = Le futur PDG de SAP donne sa vision du cloud via @01Business_fr)
    If customers still have a choice and can buy SAP licenses, the cloud is strongly emphasized by the publisher. SAP has 35 million users in the cloud, including major companies such as DaimlerChrysler has fully migrated its ERP in the cloud. By 2017, the publisher table 3 - 3.5 Bill Euros in revenue related to cloud against 950Mill-1Bill in 2014. "I think the majority of our customers will migrate to the cloud. That is why we call SAP "the cloud company powered by Hana"

[...]
    [Currently,] "for every dollar, 90% is spent on equipment and services, CIOs will tell you that it is not tenable. Their efforts must be carried on innovation. "
    Value added services, SAAS, scalability, new targets (small-medium companies) ... well,well, well !
    Let's ride this trend to the max with BES in the Cloud.
    P.S: QNX may have a way larger role than powering infotainment systems, notably in network (NOC) management, if you ask
    03-13-14 03:53 AM
    OT:

Just got an email from HTC advising they are now selling their "flagship" phone unlocked direct from them $100 off.

Struggling?
    All of the phone makers are struggling. Smartphone sales are predicted to be sluggish for some time to come.
    leafs123 likes this.
    03-13-14 06:42 AM
    Use WhatsApp on Android? Your chats are not so secure - The Times of India http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/t...w/31921160.cms
    bungaboy and zyben like this.
    03-13-14 06:44 AM
    There is an SA piece this morning, "Blackberry: Time to Start Improving," which says that BBRY just experienced a death cross. This is not correct, obviously, and instead, as Morgan+8 has let us know, it was a golden cross. Thanks, M+8.
    jfguay2 and morganplus8 like this.
    03-13-14 07:05 AM
    Man.....he must have said the word "really", like a million times. lol
    Half a million times it was immediately followed with "awesome". I'll suffer through it.
    03-13-14 07:13 AM
    03-13-14 07:23 AM
    There is an SA piece this morning, "Blackberry: Time to Start Improving," which says that BBRY just experienced a death cross. This is not correct, obviously, and instead, as Morgan+8 has let us know, it was a golden cross. Thanks, M+8.
    I was just reading that and wondered how that was possible to have both a death and golden crosses at the same time...

Posted via CB10
    jxnb likes this.
    03-13-14 07:23 AM
    Corbu --
    Thanks for linking this particularly insightful and helpful piece!

rarsen, sidhuk and Corbu like this.
    03-13-14 07:29 AM
    my comment at S.A
    Well, this is my noobish view:
    - This ER won't bring much on the market performance track. What's happening now - the good, the bad - is mostly a result of previous management. For enterprises (BES), the very expected BES12 (unified management for iOS, Android, Windows Phone [new !], legacy BlackBerry [new!] and BlackBerry 10 devices) may delay conversions, but word of mouth is as good as for the next Rolling Stones album.
    - Cash is still the key and we have to learn about tax refunds, real estate sales values and the pace of operations cost cuts (CORE, extended). Current inventory state (+ details about the $1Bill write down) and new margins on the devices front are either fundamental points.
    - Finally, what I expect here is the return of short term (next ER) guidance, because the street diktat (random expectations) unfairly kills the SP and wide opens the way to speculators (shorts). BlackBerry performance can't be led by its stock valuation; M. Chen could instill confidence with reasonable targets, quarter after quarter and reach or exceed them, until profitability. Small steps in short periods is what I'm expecting here.
    Edit: Author corrected to "Golden Cross". Thanks to familiar contributors comments

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 03-13-14 at 08:40 AM.
    jxnb, Shanerredflag, Corbu and 8 others like this.
    03-13-14 08:28 AM
    Green... carry on.

Is that a Z30...yes, yes it is.
    03-13-14 08:38 AM
    golden cross thought id add to my option position.
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    03-13-14 08:41 AM
    BlackBerry: Hearing ITG out positive on BBRY; channel checks for February stabilizing
    03-13-14 08:43 AM
    Seem to be moving back towards $10 today. Might not get there until tomorrow.

I seem to remember there being a lot of options sold around the $10 strike price ending tomorrow. We'll probably stay pegged to that, but it sets up the rally into the ER nicely.
    03-13-14 08:56 AM
    Seem to be moving back towards $10 today. Might not get there until tomorrow.

I seem to remember there being a lot of options sold around the $10 strike price ending tomorrow. We'll probably stay pegged to that, but it sets up the rally into the ER nicely.
    or its just a head fake
    03-13-14 09:10 AM
    or its just a head fake
    Might be. I'd still expect us to start the week of the ER around $10.
    03-13-14 09:13 AM
    Might be. I'd still expect us to start the week of the ER around $10.
    You might be right but the new short numbers really scare me. They are piling back on for the ER
    03-13-14 09:15 AM
    You might be right but the new short numbers really scare me. They are piling back on for the ER
    They're looking at a historical tendency for the stock to tank around the ER.

Chen isn't Heins though, and he's much more savy at the turnaround game. You'll see new metrics presented that will likely throw analysts a curve ball.

Under-promise and over-deliver will likely become Chen's mantra.
    Corbu, La Emperor, rarsen and 1 others like this.
    03-13-14 09:17 AM
    They're looking at a historical tendency for the stock to tank around the ER.

Chen isn't Heins though, and he's much more savy at the turnaround game. You'll see new metrics presented that will likely throw analysts a curve ball.

Under-promise and over-deliver will likely become Chen's mantra.
    I agree , just look at the last ER the numbers where the worst they have ever been but the stock popped soon as Chen spoke. I think the tax refund, real estate and cost cutting could really secure there cash pile but its going to take other metrics to really move the stock.
    Superfly_FR, La Emperor and rarsen like this.
    03-13-14 09:21 AM
    I agree , just look at the last ER the numbers where the worst they have ever been but the stock popped soon as Chen spoke. I think the tax refund, real estate and cost cutting could really secure there cash pile but its going to take other metrics to really move the stock.
    If cash pile is good and cash losses look under control, I think BlackBerry pops at ER. It is still priced at nearly going out of business price. Stability should be all they need to show.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-14 09:32 AM
    I'm not thinking about an extended rally, just a rather large correction.
    03-13-14 09:50 AM
    Next landing spot for the 3G Z3, after Indonesia?
    The Z3 could benefit from BlackBerry’s African dominance | memeburn
    jxnb, bungaboy, sidhuk and 1 others like this.
    03-13-14 09:55 AM
    If cash pile is good and cash losses look under control, I think BlackBerry pops at ER. It is still priced at nearly going out of business price. Stability should be all they need to show.

Posted via CB10
    I agree that we are still priced for going out of business and can see us trading back in the low teens if ER has a positive vibe to it
    03-13-14 10:09 AM
    WOW! what a pump and dump. Clearly bbry is still being controlled
    bungaboy and Superfly_FR like this.
    03-13-14 10:25 AM
    We can all talk about BES 10/12 etc., but I suspect it's likely to be dying consumer sales market share that is going to tear BB a new #$$hole , and potentially bring on another wave of crippling media/cultural negativity once again, which will in turn damage BES uptake.

I really hope I'm wrong about this. On the other side of things, I've definitely seen an increase in BlackBerry 10 phones here in the UK, so hopefully things aren't so bad.

Join the Cause @ BlackBerry Bootleg Marketing Channel - C003483F4
    03-13-14 10:38 AM
113,256 ... 24932494249524962497 ...