View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I am curious as to why some folks here get so agitated when things don't go well or as planned. I mean this is the stock market, and **** goes up and down. Why all the fuss and drama?
    Because this isn't actually a stock thread, it can't be, given where it is - if this was hosted on "superstocks.com" sure but crackberry.com? No, in the same way a stock thread over at imore isn't actually a stock thread.
    Mr BBRY likes this.
    03-11-14 05:50 PM
    104,929,510 short interest up
    The way I see it, 10M more shares need to be purchased. The question is at what price. Let's see how it plays out. I'm waiting for an earning surprise, one way or the other.
    morganplus8, Corbu and bungaboy like this.
    03-11-14 05:51 PM
    Thanks for the reality check BBB. I know I needed it. I think Morgan has all of us expecting to see something, and if it doesn't happen as planned, panic sets in. But how could you really blame us after what we've been through with this stock? Anyhow, we need to remember to not focus on these short term moves on no news. 2014 will be a great year for BBRY, so let's get through it with poise.
    No worries mate! I think we maybe spend way too much time micro managing our investments. Again if you are a short term player then you get what you deserve both good and bad. I am not a short player. I am new to this game and I have learnt to be objective and not second guess my choices. Do all the research you deem fit, take some hints and listen to some of the folks here who clearly are far more well versed than most of us..cough cough M+8

At the end of the day it is your choice. Be patient and you will be rewarded. That has yet to fail me and that is the truth!

Off my soap box now....next
    rarsen, Mr BBRY, sidhuk and 5 others like this.
    03-11-14 05:51 PM
    I don't make my investments based on Morgan's predictions. Although, I love his posts and have gained a great deal of knowledge from him. I can not thank him enough for his contribution to this thread. At the end of the day , one should know that we have to wipe our own aace. Cause I assume we are all grown up. Morgan can not baby sit us

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    Thanks for the response, sidhuk. I should have been more clear in my earlier comment. I didn't mean to put any of the burden on Morgan. I am appreciative of his input as much as anyone else here. I too make my own decisions and am always willing to man up to the consequences (or rewards). I was trying to answer as to why this board seemed to be "fussing" today. So I thought I would remind myself and others not to have such short term expectations based on events that Morgan predicts (i.e. Golden Cross). Fair?
    03-11-14 06:03 PM
    Thanks for the response, sidhuk. I should have been more clear in my earlier comment. I didn't mean to put any of the burden on Morgan. I am appreciative of his input as much as anyone else here. I too make my own decisions and am always willing to man up to the consequences (or rewards). I was trying to answer as to why this board seemed to be "fussing" today. So I thought I would remind myself and others not to have such short term expectations based on events that Morgan predicts (i.e. Golden Cross). Fair?
    Sorry mate, all is good. I knew what you were saying. Just piggy backed on your comment and elaborated further for the kids and some old civil engineers.
    LoL.

Corbu, bungaboy and Mr BBRY like this.
    03-11-14 06:23 PM
    I think you have made a valid point here, we can't micro-manage each stock. Hopefully most of us hold a few stocks in different sectors and we are just as interested in those stocks as we are in BBRY. I wasn't home today from lunchtime onward and missed the trade in the stock. I updated to the most current messages in this thread and then went on my way to review 8 other companies that I hold stock in. The Golden Cross is something that is a positive for BBRY, it doesn't mean that we should run to our broker and buy up all the one week to expiry Call Options that we can get. It means that BBRY has come of age and has some very positive TA credentials going for it. There is a likeyhood that BBRY will now base here and move higher, perhaps much higher in the days ahead. The back drop to this is the final 2014 Q numbers, we have to work past some bad numbers and some positive comments from Chen. I'm very pleased with the trading in BBRY, it is sitting on support, the chart pattern is looking better and we can expect more positive days ahead for it. I for one will be watching it closely tomorrow to see if it can stay above it's averages and base out for the next leg up here. Your comments are well received, no need to explain yourself to me.
    03-11-14 06:32 PM
    I'm bailing not because of today's stock action, is because of shorts piling back in. This was already a decision I made when last short interest was updated. Shorts still control this stock and that's not likely to change any time soon as the company is still very much struggling.

I am curious as to why some folks here get so agitated when things don't go well or as planned. I mean this is the stock market, and **** goes up and down. Why all the fuss and drama?
    03-11-14 06:48 PM
    I'm bailing not because of today's stock action, is because of shorts piling back in. This was already a decision I made when last short interest was updated. Shorts still control this stock and that's not likely to change any time soon as the company is still very much struggling.
    Those confident shorts keeping me on the side lines too from investing more in to this.

Last edited by sidhuk; 03-11-14 at 07:04 PM.
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-11-14 06:51 PM
    I have just completed my research and have the following theory . . .

The closer we get to ERs . . . . the number of negative and trash threads and comments on CB escalates.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-einstein_laughing.jpeg
    rarsen, Corbu, sidhuk and 9 others like this.
    03-11-14 06:55 PM

The closer we get to ERs . . . . the number of negative and trash threads and comments on CB escalates.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Einstein_laughing.jpeg 
Views:	4155 
Size:	32.4 KB 
ID:	254363
    Thanks for posting my picture bro. It was taken right when I made it to the airport. I was leaving minus 40c for plus 25c.

bungaboy likes this.
    03-11-14 07:07 PM

Stellar work BB

Posted with my gorgeous Z30
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    03-11-14 07:19 PM
    I hope this wasn't directed at me. Just keeping my expectations in check, you should too. This does feel exactly like this time last year.

anon(4086547) likes this.
    03-11-14 07:27 PM
    I hope this wasn't directed at me. Just keeping my expectations in check, you should too. This does feel exactly like this time last year.
    LoL, you flatter yourself.

Have a look at the recent posts on CB.

Don't be paranoid. If I was gonna comment about you I would do it straight up. Not to worry.

From my Z30 via CB10
    sidhuk likes this.
    03-11-14 09:00 PM
    I was wondering how long before this crazy train (PLUG and BLDP) is going to stop, lol.

Posted via swift BlackBerry Z30!
    I also didn't know when BLDP was going to stop rallying, but look at exactly where it dropped to.
    This is the same graph I posted last week, just extended.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bldp.png
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-11-14 09:28 PM
    https://www.zawya.com/story/BlackBer...0140312042136/
    BlackBerry, STC launch integrated carrier billing
    03-12-14 12:40 AM
    Looks like we are saved everybody . . . with this kind of analysis, BBM has to be worth at least $10B!! Fun read - If WhatsApp Is Worth $19B, Then WeChat’s Worth “At Least $60B” Says CLSA | TechCrunch

“WhatsApp only generates US$1/download,” they write. “WeChat could generate revenues from mobile games, advertising, eCommerce, O2O, mobile payment and Internet financing." . . . "each subscriber worth some $142"

BBM doesn't have all the same revenue streams, so lets just make it $120 per subscriber for a $10B valuation, I would be okay with that

Obviously joking . . . just wish these analysts at CLSA would publish a report like this about BBM
    03-12-14 02:01 AM
    Another carrier has given up on BBRY:

Three UK says “BlackBerry is dying off slowly” | N4BB
    03-12-14 06:00 AM
    A few things to consider:

1. BlackBerry's bill of materials will reduce significantly with the Foxconn partnership.. which should result in much lower prices for their smartphones and more sales. I wonder how good Foxconn's bill of materials is compared to Samsung, Microsoft,... my guess is it can't get much better.

2. Smartphone penetration:

"Despite the high growth expected in many emerging markets, 2014 will mark the year smartphone growth drops more significantly than ever before. 2014 volumes are expected to be 1.2 billion, up from 1 billion in 2013, representing 19.3% year-over-year growth."

"Nonetheless, worldwide smartphone shipments will slow to 8.3% annual growth in 2017 and 6.2% in 2018."

IDC: Global Smartphone Growth to Fall to Single Digits by 2017 | Mobile Marketing Watch
    03-12-14 06:19 AM
    Seems to be nailed to 9.35 in the pre-market today.

Golden cross this week, Chen's first ER as CEO for a Quarter 2 weeks after.

Going to be interesting.
    bungaboy, morganplus8 and sidhuk like this.
    03-12-14 06:24 AM
    Goldman Sachs raises price target to $9.5 from $7.8 rating neutral. just out
    Last edited by crackerdoodle; 03-12-14 at 07:24 AM.
    03-12-14 07:12 AM
    We're not going beyond $10 until after the ER.
    03-12-14 08:02 AM
    03-12-14 08:27 AM
    If we happened to close above 9.70 today, we'd have a key reversal to coincide with the golden cross.

Wouldn't that make for an interesting bloodbath.
    03-12-14 08:41 AM
    Uh oh got a fidelity alert this morning.

BBRY crossed below 50 day EMA @ 9.23 Trigger as of 03/12/2014 09:30AM EDT. To trade, go to fidelity..

White Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.1925 = heaven.
    03-12-14 08:48 AM
    Goldman Sachs raises price target to $9.5 from $7.8 rating neutral. just out
    What a bold call ... not. So they are late, raise their target to just about the current market price and slap a neutral rating on it, fantastic. Any wonder people are so skeptical about GS and the other big places?
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-12-14 08:58 AM
113,256 ... 24902491249224932494 ...