Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Can someone tell me when BlackBerry reports their quarterly results? Thanks

Posted via CB10
    I believe it is on the 28th of this month. The chart is holding up today and we will see the 50-dma raise above the 200-dma tomorrow! The 200-dma is falling at a rate of $ .02/shr/day. BBRY is looking good today let's get above $ 10.00 and hold it..

PS. Will the media pickup on this great event?
    rarsen, Corbu, bungaboy and 5 others like this.
    03-10-14 09:12 AM
    OMG it's unbelievable.
    Last year I bought a prepaid SIMM from a small carrier at a reandom discounter market (in Germany). The carrier doe's not even sell BB devices. I got every OS updates soon after launch, like the rest of the world - except US.
    I'm not a friend conspiration theories, but these artificial delays smell like the US carries want to demoralize BB user so they finally switch the platform.
    They carriers are simply pushing their customers to what they are selling to most of. Walk in the door of most carriers and it is hard to find a Blackberry displayed. I am concerned that most of their X-Blackberry customers moved on and are not looking to come back. The USA market for Blackberry phones has become very limited.
    03-10-14 10:08 AM
    They carriers are simply pushing their customers to what they are selling to most of. Walk in the door of most carriers and it is hard to find a Blackberry displayed. I am concerned that most of their X-Blackberry customers moved on and are not looking to come back. The USA market for Blackberry phones has become very limited.
    One thing to think of..Do you think the US Government wants consumers to be using a blackberry
    03-10-14 10:14 AM
    03-10-14 10:34 AM
    Can anyone explain why we consistently get the 10 : 30am drop in share price?
    Morgan any ideas?
    If it wasn't for the commissions someone could make a lot of money just playing that.

Posted via CB10
    Bacon Munchers likes this.
    03-10-14 10:53 AM
    One thing to think of..Do you think the US Government wants consumers to be using a blackberry
    Don't think it matters. The average consumer uses the big name free email services and free, big-data data driven instant messaging platforms. Government would get access from either end. The most a BlackBerry phone can offer is limited protection in transit. But then again, the government probably already has access to that as well.

The one thing BlackBerry can't do is go it alone (while using a NOC setup) in terms of "super strong" security or privacy. If they did, all a government would have to do is simply ban the phone for security reasons. India, Saudi Arabia, and a few other countries come to mind?
    OMGitworks likes this.
    03-10-14 10:55 AM
    Google is paying $15 for every business user that signs up for Google apps in business.

Referral Program ? Google Apps for Business
    03-10-14 11:00 AM
    They don't care, they get and take whatever info they want.
    techvisor likes this.
    03-10-14 11:06 AM
    I do not think the government cares. It is the carrier who uses phones to sell service contracts. I do not think even the carrier cares except to increase it's customer base and keep "churn" as low as possible.

Do you think the government does not want us to have Blackberry because they can't spy on Blackberry users?
    That is simply not so and I bet they have access to everything.
    03-10-14 11:14 AM
    If anyone is interested, Snowden is doing a livestream. Security loaded of course.

Livestream: Edward Snowden at SXSW | The Texas Tribune
    03-10-14 11:20 AM
    Can anyone explain why we consistently get the 10 : 30am drop in share price?
    Morgan any ideas?
    If it wasn't for the commissions someone could make a lot of money just playing that.

Posted via CB10
    I'm not convinced that there is a statistic for that type of move, the major problem with many stocks is that they start off optimistic and rally out of the gate. We get a pop in the first 30 minutes that fails to continue as there is no news. When a stock rallies and there is no reason for it to do so, it naturally gives up its gain and than the bears take over and push it down to support. BlackBerry started off with such a rally only to be met with selling on light volume when the general market, the DOW, fell over 100 points. We can't expect BBRY to trade higher on no news when the DOW keeps making new lows. There are so many stocks that try to rally first thing in the morning but are then met with selling an hour later when the general market gives them no reason to find support at higher levels. If you look at the chart on BBRY, we have traded 10 straight days below the previous days highs which means we aren't ready to rally yet. Look at the 10-day chart and draw a line across the tops:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-chart-march-10-2014.png

That's 10 straight days of following the same pattern and the same result. When there is no news, we are controlled by the TA and in this case, we start off the day trying to set a new course and end up right back where we began with a slight penalty for trying.
    rarsen, bungaboy, jxnb and 1 others like this.
    03-10-14 11:25 AM
    Hey M8 in regards to TA how do you interpret this? when I was looking at the chart for HALO it seems like whenever the stock gets oversold and touches/breaks the lower BB it starts to rally several percentage points, is this a bad way to estimate a trend?
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-halo-22-march-14.png  
    03-10-14 11:44 AM
    Americans are not Allowed to Use BlackBerry. Do you not get it? Working class slaves will not enjoy the privilege of security or privacy. Only the elite will be able to use BlackBerry made phones. Why else would the rich and powerful only use BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    Bacon Munchers likes this.
    03-10-14 11:49 AM
    Some News..

BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) announced today that The Brazilian Bank Ita� Unibanco is upgrading its more than 7,000 Blackberry smartphones to BlackBerry 10 smartphones. To start, the bank is initially deplying about 1,000 BlackBerry Q5 smartphones and will be upgrading its base to BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.2.1 and BlackBerry� Enterprise Service 10 for enterprise mobility management (EMM)......

BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY): Brazilian Bank, Ita� Unibanco upgrades its smartphones and Management Solution to BlackBerry 10
    03-10-14 11:51 AM
    Hey M8 in regards to TA how do you interpret this? when I was looking at the chart for HALO it seems like whenever the stock gets oversold and touches/breaks the lower BB it starts to rally several percentage points, is this a bad way to estimate a trend?
    That's a perfect way to estimate the trend and it does work. They are doing a conference tomorrow that may have some investors sitting on the sidelines here. This have been quite the draining sell-off and you are right, we are now close to the bottom. Torley needs to bring us some news on the 440 patient enrollment progress, the 28-day report that she promised. Several biotechs are looking like they bottomed out today but this one keeps drifting without a bounce. Let's see if it pops off the lower band later today. The good news is that the volumes aren't predicting more downside and we are ripe for a major bounce here. Nice call.
    03-10-14 11:53 AM
    I do not think the government cares. It is the carrier who uses phones to sell service contracts. I do not think even the carrier cares except to increase it's customer base and keep "churn" as low as possible.

Do you think the government does not want us to have Blackberry because they can't spy on Blackberry users?
    That is simply not so and I bet they have access to everything.
    I don't believe this.

Yes, BlackBerry's crash coincided the 2008 market crash, but it also coincided with the passing of new amendments to the FISA act, which directly related to foreign communications entering and leaving America.

Ten years from now they'll probably attributing large portions of the crash to American companies freaking out that their tax evading actions would suddenly come under scrutiny by the government who was recording all their conversations with foreign institutions they were using to hide their revenue.
    La Emperor, zyben and rarsen like this.
    03-10-14 11:57 AM
    Saw this on my TDW news section, looks like brookfield bought the BB US HQ

UPDATE: MT Newswires Stocks To Watch: Blackberry Up More Than 1%; Also RBC, Pretium Resources2 hours ago

10:15 AM EDT, 03/10/2014 (MidnightTrader) -- Canadian-based real estate investment firm Brookfield Property Group has bought BlackBerry Ltd.'s (BBRY, BB.TO) U.S. headquarters campus in Las Colinas, according to a report Friday in the Dallas Business Journal. It said terms of the deal were undisclosed. As part of the deal, BlackBerry will lease back a portion of the project, or about 37% percent of the property, which illustrates BlackBerry scaling back its U.S. operations, the Journal added. Meanwhile, a report on Seeking Alpha says BlackBerry shareholders shouldn't speculate on singular events such as the earnings release later this month. According to this report, "serious" long-term investors should "ride the full recovery". The reporter sees Blackberry as a "strong contrarian Buy." Blackberry is up more than 1% in early TSX trading.
    03-10-14 12:13 PM
    Thanks for your insight.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-14 12:29 PM
    Americans are not Allowed to Use BlackBerry. Do you not get it? Working class slaves will not enjoy the privilege of security or privacy. Only the elite will be able to use BlackBerry made phones. Why else would the rich and powerful only use BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    I'll say it again, counseling might help.
    techvisor likes this.
    03-10-14 12:31 PM
    They don't care, they get and take whatever info they want.
    Let's clear this out for good (sort of), as I just listened to Snowden at SXSW.

For individuals, if you use BBM, it is not secured, it's "scrambled" (single key).
    For Enterprises users, uneless you have the encryption keys, you can not break it.
    These are general rules, with the below implications :

1/ Even the simpliest encryption would have made the global "systematic track and record" Prism program reduced by much. It's all about the costs. They would have targeted to lower the bill while it would actually raise the bill if they had to be selective (when not forced to).
    2/ In the enterprise, private keys encryption make the work so dramatically costy (provided they could break encryption and as of date no one really proved it doable) and it is very likely a spy will use other means to perform a hack or steal informations.
    3/ If NSA targets you and wants your data: they will get it, no matter how.

Don't want to slide OT too much, just generic.
    03-10-14 12:34 PM
    I don't believe this.

Yes, BlackBerry's crash coincided the 2008 market crash, but it also coincided with the passing of new amendments to the FISA act, which directly related to foreign communications entering and leaving America.

Ten years from now they'll probably attributing large portions of the crash to American companies freaking out that their tax evading actions would suddenly come under scrutiny by the government who was recording all their conversations with foreign institutions they were using to hide their revenue.
    I think I am going to stick with the the collapse of Lehman brothers, near bankruptcy of AIG and others and the the whole housing bubble and mortgage back securities debacle as the cause of that one.
    Mr BBRY and techvisor like this.
    03-10-14 12:39 PM
    I think I am going to stick with the the collapse of Lehman brothers, near bankruptcy of AIG and others and the the whole housing bubble and mortgage back securities debacle as the cause of that one.
    There are the public reasons and then the private ones.

Unless you think the Libor scandal was just a couple of people joking around with arbitrary numbers that meant nothing to trillions of dollars of global value.
    zyben likes this.
    03-10-14 12:51 PM
    Can we have a separate thread for the tinfoil hat stuff - if the Illuminati or lizard people wanted to take out BBRY, they could have simply bought it out and then dismantled it over time.
    anon(4086547) and techvisor like this.
    03-10-14 12:54 PM
    Every day I'm more and more impressed with the potential of what BBM could become.

However, if BlackBerry wants to encourage people to post.. maybe they should start by updating their 'the BBM channel' or 'verified channels' more often. Right now their BBM channel has more followers than the BBM Twitter page. Use it wisely! Also, I mostly add verified channels because they're generally more interesting / trustworthy but right now the dedicated channel for verified channels is only showing a few. And I'm sure there are plenty of others. Either update the channel or get rid of it.

On a different note: I'm glad they're doing small updates to the BlackBerry homepage. I found myself browsing through their website a few months back wondering if they could've made it any more confusing / outdated. I personally like their biz blog, which should have a more central role in the future I hope.

I know, way off topic. But how could you possibly run a business nowadays with a website that only confuses clients

Posted via CB10
    zyben, bungaboy, Korepab and 4 others like this.
    03-10-14 12:58 PM
    Can we have a separate thread for the tinfoil hat stuff - if the Illuminati or lizard people wanted to take out BBRY, they could have simply bought it out and then dismantled it over time.
    Only with the agreement of the Canadian government, which opens up a whole new can of worms.

You can't initiate a random hostile takeover in Canada by a foreign power. Especially since the company in question is deeply involved in national security.

Anyone who thinks Apple or Microsoft could have just waltzed in an bought BBRY for a song is living in a dream world that doesn't reflect the reality of the situation at all. The Canadian financial regulatory system staved off the worst effects of the Great Depression, the Market Crash of 2008 and a number of other failures of the American financial system by having tighter regulations that prevent companies from doing the kinds of things you seem to believe they're capable of doing.
    03-10-14 01:00 PM
113,256 ... 24852486248724882489 ...