View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Lake Arrowhead, CA. Hope everyone is having a great Sunday

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_00000920.jpg

Posted via CB10
    take99, _dimi_, La Emperor and 5 others like this.
    03-09-14 11:12 AM
    The q30 pics have been leaked

Posted via CB10
    Where? Cant find it anywhere.

Black cards, Black cars - All BlackBerry-thing!
    03-09-14 11:38 AM
    It is not a real leaked pic: it is someone who has (as far as I understand) printed a "really possible" concept on paper and taje a pic of that "thing" next to a 9900 if a remember well..

Posted via CB10
    03-09-14 12:42 PM
    I'm just curious M8 has the Golden Cross proved in the past that a stock is going higher after it crosses or has there been instances where it falls?
    There are countless examples of stocks that actually breakout in advance of the Golden Cross happening. I have a couple of examples where the stock breaks down temporarily to form a Inverse Head & Shoulders pattern and then rockets from there. Thet headfake draws a lot of traders out of their stock but rarely happens. Google any site that talks about Golden Cross patterns and you'll gain some more info on that. We have this happening on Wednesday of this week so watch the stock and the general market too as we need a solid market to allow these patterns to complete in the correct matter. GL
    03-09-14 01:05 PM
    I found another stock that should be experiencing a Golden Cross soon: Embraer Aircraft (ERJ). I wouldn't mind owning stock in this company... not for TA reasons but they seem to be doing really well.
    03-09-14 02:13 PM
    Thanks M8! I was actually reading up on the "Golden Cross" and there were a lot of naysayers so I wanted to just double check, I know nothing is ever for certain though but it'll be nice to see the stock mid teens in coming months.

OT: So i'm stuck with Rogers because Telus can't match my current plan and I refuse to pay $120 for 6GB of data when i'm paying only $30 now. Anyways went into a rogers store today, ordered the Z30!! thanks to that $0 promotion. I paid $280 to break my contract (3 years) and I signed up for a new 2 year contract and got a lot more features for no extra cost. Basically for $280 I got my Q10 and Z30 with reduce contract terms and new features. I'm pretty happy haha
    03-09-14 03:02 PM
    QNX is already the market leader in operating system platforms for automotive infotainment systems, with a market share of more than 50%, according to data from market research firm IHS Automotive.

As Andrew Poliak, director of automotive business development for QNX Software Systems, puts it, the QNX platform is a bit like �Switzerland,� helping connect automotive systems with mobile devices across multiple automakers and device manufacturers.
    Much more with the link:

Carphone comeback: How tech giants are racing to win the smart car battle | Financial Post
    03-09-14 04:07 PM
    BlackBerry is said to have cooperated with Secusmart, but I wonder if it shouldn't have gone beyond that:
    On Sale Now: Merkel�€™s BlackBerry for Regular Folks - Businessweek

I would not have minded BlackBerry offering those types of ultra-secure phones, on top of its other devices... A niche market, no doubt, but a wise marketing move for the brand's image.
    Shanerredflag and rarsen like this.
    03-09-14 05:24 PM
    yup-yup ...
    http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...tising-912687/
    bungaboy and zyben like this.
    03-09-14 05:38 PM
    03-09-14 05:51 PM
    Korea's quirky messaging apps go on offensive in text-happy Indonesia | Technology | Reuters

We all know this but man, the fact that BBRY lost a few years spinning its wheels really hurts... It's an uphill battle now. But all is not lost!

SEOUL/JAKARTA (Reuters) - South Korea's pioneering mobile messaging apps have taken their oversized emoticons to Indonesia, intent on breaking the dominance of BlackBerry Ltd's BBM messaging service in one of the world's most active social media markets.

Leader BBM looks far from willing to surrender. The market appears so important to BlackBerry that the company has code-named its low-end smartphone Z3 "Jakarta" which it plans to launch first in Indonesia in April.

"Indonesians still have a strong emotional attachment to BBM. Though its growth rate appears to be slowing, many think it won't completely go away any time soon," said Line Plus' Cho.
    03-09-14 06:08 PM
    03-09-14 06:20 PM
    Talking about marketing, this guy has done his share.

Remember this?

He just came out with this:

Well done!
    Really well done to say the least, did actually learn a thing or two at the same time!

Posted via CB10
    Corbu, rarsen, georg4BB and 1 others like this.
    03-09-14 07:29 PM
    OT M+8 can you give your thoughts on XOMA and Where you think the stock will go in the next few weeks. Do you feel we are at or near low and do you see a bounce coming? Thanks.

PS sorry superfly I know you hate when we go OT but we must try to make some while we wait for bbry to take off.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-14 07:36 PM
    OT but Hey Morgan, are you planning on going down there to see Villeneuve race ? I miss the days where he had a good car with Williams (96-98), mind you that is way back. Have you watched the Montreal Nascar races in the last few years ? He was always such an aggressive driver then, putting on a great show with the car he had.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-14 07:44 PM
    Asking for automotive smartphone integration as an optional extra

"The software running inside cars needs to be incredibly resilient to any potentially out-of-bounds or insecure action performed in userspace � as a real-time microkernel implementation done well, QNX fits this bill."

Asking for automotive smartphone integration as an optional extra | ZDNet
    03-09-14 08:56 PM
    03-09-14 09:35 PM
    OMG it's unbelievable.
    Last year I bought a prepaid SIMM from a small carrier at a reandom discounter market (in Germany). The carrier doe's not even sell BB devices. I got every OS updates soon after launch, like the rest of the world - except US.
    I'm not a friend conspiration theories, but these artificial delays smell like the US carries want to demoralize BB user so they finally switch the platform.
    Corbu, bungaboy, rarsen and 1 others like this.
    03-10-14 03:53 AM
    BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY) news: BlackBerry: We Will Win If We Don't Need The Market - Seeking Alpha
    my thoughts exactly, but in plain and understandable English thanks to the author
    Conclusion
    With new bits of information about to be released at the end of the month, investors are likely to put BlackBerry's quarterly results under the microscope. However, turnarounds don't consist of an uninterrupted sequence of positive news and a linear rise in share price. Delays and disappointments with respect to BlackBerry's structural shift toward an enterprise model will occur.
    I believe Blackberry will prove to be a textbook turnaround example a few years from now and the majority of gains are likely to accrue to those who neither trade or speculate. I like to compare BlackBerry to an Alcatel-Lucent (ALU) stake in 2012 -- since then Alcatel-Lucent has gained 300% as the company worked hard to restructure its business and ultimately succeeded in changing investor perceptions.
    A long-term mindset carries tremendous power: By not needing the market, investors are not giving in to short-term excitement and volatility but are staying true to their long-term turnaround thesis. While I think that BlackBerry has an intrinsic value of around $17-18, I wouldn't really be too surprised if BlackBerry becomes a favorite mainstream investment once again and achieves significantly higher prices than $17 down the road in 2016/2017. Strong contrarian BUY.
    03-10-14 04:51 AM
    Not sure if the new "Powered by BlackBerry" ad was posted.

03-10-14 07:30 AM
    Not new to us here but nice to see others spreading the news.
    Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) Gives BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) A Boost | ETF DAILY NEWS

http://etfdailynews.com/2014/03/09/a...-bbry-a-boost/

Is that a Z30...yes, yes it is.
    bungaboy, rarsen, smart548 and 3 others like this.
    03-10-14 07:36 AM
    Seriously? CNBC? Wowsa :

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101461331

Is that a Z30...yes, yes it is.
    03-10-14 07:42 AM
    OT M+8 can you give your thoughts on XOMA and Where you think the stock will go in the next few weeks. Do you feel we are at or near low and do you see a bounce coming? Thanks.

PS sorry superfly I know you hate when we go OT but we must try to make some while we wait for bbry to take off.

Posted via CB10
    Aside from what I would call a boring quarter, XOMA is really a victim of the general sector sell-off in all biotechs last week. Just about all of the Baker Boys' stocks have gone to market to raise cash and that total is huge now. The ACAD financing closes today and hopefully we can start to build bases from here going forward. Look for the stock to drop at the open followed by a short pop that takes it positive and something that holds. I suspect this will happen later today or tomorrow. You can't place a valuation on stocks like these (BBRY included) when you don't have an EPS to drive them. It is our best guess at what level the large Funds are willing to come back into the stock again. My personal belief is that almost all of the money that is going to ACAD came out of these biotech stocks and little or nothing has come from new money. Look for a bounce soon and get back to me if it isn't playing out this way within the next two days. GL
    03-10-14 08:51 AM
    Can someone tell me when BlackBerry reports their quarterly results? Thanks

Posted via CB10
    03-10-14 08:53 AM
    OT but Hey Morgan, are you planning on going down there to see Villeneuve race ? I miss the days where he had a good car with Williams (96-98), mind you that is way back. Have you watched the Montreal Nascar races in the last few years ? He was always such an aggressive driver then, putting on a great show with the car he had.

Posted via CB10
    Hi jfguay2!!!

You and I are clearly huge fans of JV!!! He is simply an amazing driver, just like his Dad was in his day. JV was two laps down in the 1995 Indy 500 and came back to win it. I was watching him very closely and knew when he regained the first lap, then the second and then finally he caught up with the pack. The best race I have ever seen. Getting tickets for that race is very difficult and I have to drive there as I'm banned from flying so I'm going to be watching it on TV.

Remember how many times he would run the crap out of his BAR Honda and walk a couple of miles back to the garage? He made a huge mistake by not staying with a strong team, his driving scared Michael S. and that rivalry could have been an epic one if JV had continued to drive top cars (I know, he went with BAR for $ 100 MM reasons but ....). I'll be watching that race and many more from JV as he has picked up a ride for 2014.
    jfguay2 likes this.
    03-10-14 09:09 AM
113,256 ... 24842485248624872488 ...