View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Ok... Last one. I promise (beers going down and having fun with this) I zoomed in to the 15 minute chart and found what could be a falling wedge. This could explain the lower volume as many wait for the right buying op. Notice that I didn't touch the lines from the previous chart and you can see that Monday is an important day. If it falls, man, it could be a rough one. Odds are though (JUST MY OPINION AND SHOULDN'T BE TAKEN AS ANYTHING EVEN REMOTELY AS FACT OR ADVICE) it should break to the upside.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screenshot-26-.png
    lcjr, Corbu, morganplus8 and 7 others like this.
    03-07-14 04:48 PM
    I know a lot of people like that exist, but the fauxtrepreneur thing...it makes me cringe...i do agree that SOME of those ads aren't bad though...

Join the Cause @ BlackBerry Bootleg Marketing Channel - C003483F4
    None should be bad. It's like they hired some English PhD student straight out of college and don't think that they need to peer review his work.

Posted via CB10
    lcjr likes this.
    03-07-14 04:51 PM
    None should be bad. It's like they hired some English PhD student straight out of college and don't think that they need to peer review his work.

Posted via CB10
    Haha. No English PhD would ever produce anything that bad. That's the work of business or finance majors or alcoholic bus drivers or lunatics (forgive me - just a bit of Liberal Arts snobbery and banter).

'Fauxtrepreneur' is my favourite lol. Unbelievable. 'Nontrepreneur' would have been a bit better, if still absolutely awful, but at least it's good for a laugh. okay, enough ill-spirited criticism...I'd better behave. It's either laugh or cry really...i prefer laughter.

lcjr likes this.
    03-07-14 05:04 PM
    Fauxtrepreneur reminds of the PlayBook marketing campaign, "Amateur hour is over".
    OMGitworks and lcjr like this.
    03-07-14 05:16 PM
    I would rather hear Chens 50/50 survival prediction if it is his truthful opinion than the garbage lies that Heins was spewing out.
    As for market reaction to it, it should be good considering that almost all the media had given BlackBerry maybe a 5% chance of surviving a few months back.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-14 05:26 PM
    And a happy Friday to all:

Substitute southern cross for Golden Cross.
    Is that a Z30...yes, yes it is.
    Corbu and bungaboy like this.
    03-07-14 05:33 PM
    Fauxtrepreneur reminds of the PlayBook marketing campaign, "Amateur hour is over".
    I've actually figured it all out. They went and hired a crack team of uncool dads in socks and woolen socks. The interview process is having them tell jokes at a children's birthday party. Most embarrassing dad gets the job...

I'd actually missed the 'amateur hour' thing. Oh dear...

georg4BB likes this.
    03-07-14 05:33 PM
    I've actually figured it all out. They went and hired a crack team of uncool dads in socks and woolen socks. The interview process is having them tell jokes at a children's birthday party. Most embarrassing dad gets the job...

Having purchased a PlayBook from day 1, the "amateur hour" marketing ended up being very fitting and ironic to the product.
    georg4BB likes this.
    03-07-14 05:39 PM

I found their mantra:

cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    03-07-14 05:48 PM
    I can't really imagine those comic style app symbols of apple in a high End car.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-14 06:20 PM
    Awesome Shane. Reminds me of the old days here in the thread where we'd go down the 70's memory road and share some thoughts.
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    03-07-14 06:51 PM
    Thoughts for the group.

Do any of you think Chen will issue a warning prior to earnings? Or alternatively, issue an earnings beat!

I don't recall what his guidance was for the this quarter.

Posted by the indomitable Zed Ten.
    03-07-14 07:03 PM
    And a happy Friday to all:

Substitute southern cross for Golden Cross.
    lcjr and Shanerredflag like this.
    03-07-14 07:04 PM
    Thoughts for the group.

Do any of you think Chen will issue a warning prior to earnings? Or alternatively, issue an earnings beat!

He said, he expects to break even or go positive next year. So, we are expecting loss this quarter. Not sure if there is guidance for how much loss they might be expecting though.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-14 07:11 PM
    God I love this stuff! I'm back!!

03-07-14 09:26 PM
    Better if we don't. The last time he mentioned it, in December, the media spin was that the President "hast to" have a BB for security, but that he would "prefer" an iPhone.
    Throw him a Z30 for a Month, see what happens....
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-07-14 09:33 PM
    Thoughts for the group.

That's a good question. I think we won't know how JC operates until after this upcoming ER. It would of course be great to get early warning, but I think personally JC is "sandbagging" to make himself look better. Just a thought mind you....
    03-07-14 09:38 PM
    Just a random OT thought, with a nifty TAT video:

Why would Seacrest name a typing keyboard a 'Typo' anyway?
    BlackBerry should market a commercial that says something like "We've manufactured a typing experience so good, that it will take care of all the world's Typos".

That said, a little tit-for-TAT:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=5mTLEb9wG3w

Man! Surely BlackBerry can do something more with the PlayBook.
    03-07-14 09:44 PM
    Watching that video, do you now understand why the DoD has to stay with Blackberry??? OMG, ..... No, I better not..
    03-07-14 09:50 PM
    Just a random OT thought, with a nifty TAT video:

Why would Seacrest name a typing keyboard a 'Typo' anyway?
    BlackBerry should market a commercial that says something like "We've manufactured a typing experience so good, that it will take care of all the world's Typos".

That said, a little tit-for-TAT:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=5mTLEb9wG3w

Man! Surely BlackBerry can do something more with the PlayBook.
    Ok, since I'm online and have the time, lol... every brand is going to have issues. BB included. I have a 9930 and am waiting for the latest and greatest but I know that with every software update or phone introduction there are issues. That's life. There's no perfection, period. Let's enjoy BB as they continue to achieve success and move on through the security measures.
    03-07-14 10:13 PM
    CJ, what are you up to tonight?
    03-07-14 10:19 PM
    CJ, what are you up to tonight?
    Just had a friend over, probably pissed off the neighbors with unnecessarily loud music and am pretty hammed

Posted via CB10
    03-07-14 10:27 PM
    Yeah, I'm trying to upload a pic of my "long term" hotel but it takes forever. While I"m still here in El Paso looking for a job in Colorado Springs, I live in this luxury room and commute to my home in Colorado Springs every two weeks. If it takes longer than June, then I will open up my own business.
    03-07-14 10:44 PM
    Just had a friend over, probably pissed off the neighbors with unnecessarily loud music and am pretty hammed

Posted via CB10
    Here, crank this...the neighbors will LOVE you lol:

bungaboy likes this.
    03-07-14 10:49 PM
    Hey Shane, I lost your Twitter account. Hook me up man.
    03-07-14 10:49 PM
113,250 ... 24812482248324842485 ...