View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Thanks M8! I bought 60 contracts for march expiry $14 strike, let's make some money

At $ 14.15 you are only a little over a buck higher than the 8.8 MM shares that were issued and paid for with $ 120 MM bucks. You might be safe here. I do think it is part of the ACAD drop and the XOMA margin calls, it is day two of the XOMA sell-off and you usually wait until day three to buy those drops as they always include margin problems on day two. ACAD is below the issue price now and that would indicate money is being raised to take-up the issue.

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8 likes this.
    03-06-14 01:53 PM
    You know, the more I look at that ad the dumber it gets. Shouldn't the idea be to show how secure BB is comparison to other things that claim to be secure?

A cookie jar doesn't even have a lock on it lol...all the ad is saying is that the Z30 is more secure than a couple things that are aren't secure at all...? AWFUL.

Join the Cause @ BlackBerry Bootleg Marketing Channel - C003483F4
    The midpoint could have been "iPhone," which would get across that it is barely more secure than the cookie jar. But then, that could also mean that BB isn't all that much more secure either, if it is only the same distance up from iPhone. Yup, it is a dumb ad no matter how you look at it.
    OMGitworks likes this.
    03-06-14 01:56 PM
    OT, but look at my IPWR go today! Woohoo!!

Ideal Power Inc. (IPWR) Interactive Chart Analysis - NASDAQ.com
    03-06-14 02:01 PM
    OT, but how the hell do I get WhatsApp off of my Z10?! I've deleted it but it's still in the hub (with no info in it). Is it impossible to get rid of this damn thing?

03-06-14 02:07 PM
    Here is my version of the BBRY ad the way it should have been. The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-ad.jpg
    03-06-14 02:29 PM
    Here is my version of the BBRY ad the way it should have been. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bbry ad.jpg 
Views:	1131 
Size:	131.9 KB 
ID:	253287
    ROFL!!!! Great! Nothing confusing there.
    lcjr, rarsen and Superfly_FR like this.
    03-06-14 02:33 PM
    Hey Morgan,

OT but seeing the trend of cord cutters recently moving away from cable TV (including myself) trying to find online content that is more "on demand", such as what Netflix and Hulu are offering, what are your views on Netflix as it stands? The P/E is overinflated at 252, but I still wonder if there is value in taking the plunge. How would you read Netflix' chart?

Thanks in advance...

JF
    03-06-14 02:34 PM
    At $ 14.15 you are only a little over a buck higher than the 8.8 MM shares that were issued and paid for with $ 120 MM bucks. You might be safe here. I do think it is part of the ACAD drop and the XOMA margin calls, it is day two of the XOMA sell-off and you usually wait until day three to buy those drops as they always include margin problems on day two. ACAD is below the issue price now and that would indicate money is being raised to take-up the issue.
    Just curious what a good entry point on Xoma might be on day three after the sell off?
    03-06-14 02:36 PM
    Chen was interviewed by Bloomberg. Highlights should be up and some point.
    bungaboy, rarsen, lcjr and 1 others like this.
    03-06-14 02:39 PM
    Hey Morgan,

OT but seeing the trend of cord cutters recently moving away from cable TV (including myself) trying to find online content that is more "on demand", such as what Netflix and Hulu are offering, what are your views on Netflix as it stands? The P/E is overinflated at 252, but I still wonder if there is value in taking the plunge. How would you read Netflix' chart?

Thanks in advance...

JF
    We have netflix, mostly for House of Cards, but I can't believe how many subscribers it has becuse to me the content is seriously bad.

As a stock, its very expensive and due to what I wrote above, I can't invest in it. Their CEO is quite a character which also would worry me a bit as an investor.
    bungaboy and jfguay2 like this.
    03-06-14 02:42 PM
    Hey Morgan,

Thanks in advance...

JF
    I like the Netflix story and I would never consider shorting it at these levels. I can't get my head around the P/E on that stock and feel the stock itself can't double from here. If I buy a basket of Biotechs, I'm likely to see my investment in them double over the next 12 months. If you can see that much upside to Netflix, you might be able to take on that risk. For me, I'd rather own a few stocks that all have the same chance to double, rather than just one that will be lucky to return 20% this year. Just me thought, Netflix is making plenty of investors look bad isn't it?

Same thing with Telsa, I have a close friend who is at the top of the management in that company and he asks me all the time what he should do with his stock options. I tell him to forget about those options and do the best job you can at the company. The options will look after themselves. So far, that advice is keeping us friends! LOL

To take it one step further, BBRY will, in all likelihood, gain at least 20% this year, that's not a stretch is it? I'm not sure Netflix will do that.
    Corbu, bungaboy, jfguay2 and 4 others like this.
    03-06-14 02:42 PM
    Just curious what a good entry point on Xoma might be on day three after the sell off?
    Actually, right now isn't a bad price, it is near the lows, it is the close of day two, and the volume is way down. I think you have a great starting point. In the next few days expect a pop, followed by a re-test of the recent lows so $ 6.50/shr is nice in here.
    bungaboy and JLagoon like this.
    03-06-14 02:46 PM
    You know, I was just thinking: is the 94% TMO thing that much of a disaster? In a country where BlackBerry has nearly zero percent market share, a 6% sales figure might not be that awful.

It's still pretty awful though...

03-06-14 02:55 PM
    Here comes the 4pm drop!
    jfguay2 likes this.
    03-06-14 02:58 PM
    Regarding the QNX vs. Apple CarPlay thing, Apple isn't going to be going into the nuts and bolts of automobile functions like climate, sound, driver controls, etc. However, Apple will try to use the screen and connected iPhone to maintain dominance over the ecosystem of music content, navigation, voice calling, messaging, etc. that QNX was hoping to get into. Eventually, people may want to use Siri voice commands to change climate of the vehicle and car manufacturers may push for it.
    theRock1975 likes this.
    03-06-14 03:09 PM
    Chen was interviewed by Bloomberg. Highlights should be up and some point.
    Anyone see the highlights yet? I'm bored lol

Posted via CB10
    03-06-14 04:43 PM
    You guys wanna know why I'm nervous about the upcoming ER?

http://i.imgur.com/NMl04zH.png

Look familiar? I don't plan to hold much, if anything going into earnings. If it gaps up, oh well. But if it dumps, well, you know what happens.
    Not sure what indicator is the most valuable, yet on Nasdaq page, it has been pretty stable: lastest update was +2% something like a month ago if I remember correctly.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    bungaboy and Reed Richards like this.
    03-06-14 04:48 PM
    Regarding the QNX vs. Apple CarPlay thing, Apple isn't going to be going into the nuts and bolts of automobile functions like climate, sound, driver controls, etc. However, Apple will try to use the screen and connected iPhone to maintain dominance over the ecosystem of music content, navigation, voice calling, messaging, etc. that QNX was hoping to get into. Eventually, people may want to use Siri voice commands to change climate of the vehicle and car manufacturers may push for it.
    My take is that is is a way to integrate low cost infotainment systems and use device features. High range infotainment systems actually do much better and more than any iPhone will ever be able to.

I found a very usefull QNX page about it (mirrorlink - dated Sep 2012), I believe it explains a lot of things we may be questioning about.
    QNX Auto Blog: MirrorLink misunderstood: 8 myths that need busting
    bungaboy, rarsen and OMGitworks like this.
    03-06-14 04:55 PM
    JC Interview. Just out.

There we go...

I Have Briefed White House on IT: BlackBerry CEO: Video - Bloomberg

March 6 (Bloomberg) -- BlackBerry CEO John Chen discusses mobile device management and the company's strategy with Jon Erlichman at the Oasis Conference in Santa Monica, CA. (Source: Bloomberg)
    zyben, bigbadben10, take99 and 5 others like this.
    03-06-14 05:08 PM
    Target earnings hit hard with that data breach. Lesson learned for the CIOs of this world.

She wasn't canned but after this resignation, her career is likely over anyway.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140306_174504.png

Posted via CB10
    Corbu, zyben, bungaboy and 3 others like this.
    03-06-14 05:13 PM
    My take is that is is a way to integrate low cost infotainment systems and use device features. High range infotainment systems actually do much better and more than any iPhone will ever be able to.[/URL]
    It looks like we will be having an in-dash UI battle starting this year. So far, the only notable car manufacturers who aren't on the list of the ones offering Apple CarPlay are Volkswagon and Tesla. I would imagine that the high-end infotainment systems will also give the user the option of plugging in their iPhone and running apps in CarPlay. The initial 3rd party app list include iHeartRadio, Spotify, and Stitcher so people who subscribe to those services will be able to browse their content immediately via their dash UI.

I think it's safe to say that most mobile content (traffic, retail, Yelp, Nest, podcasts, streaming music) is going to appear on an iPhone well before it shows up on a native dash UI, especially as it seems that adding the CarPlay UI to iPhone apps is pretty easy for developers once they are given permission. That means this content will be available in CarPlay mode first. It will be up to car infotainment systems to somehow find a way to do it better. Plus, they have to convince third party developers that they have the install base numbers to make a free custom in-dash version worthwhile when they are already on CarPlay.
    03-06-14 05:16 PM
    Target earnings hit hard with that data breach. Lesson learned for the CIOs of this world.

She wasn't canned but after this resignation, her career is likely over anyway.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140306_174504.png 
Views:	1696 
Size:	190.5 KB 
ID:	253318

Posted via CB10
    Best thing is that my wife will never try to drag me into another Target, ever. One of my most hated places on Earth. Wally world is no 1, going on 3 years since I set foot inside one.

Canadian tire? I've heard good and bad but never been in one.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-14 05:18 PM
    Damn eh JC briefing the Whitehouse? Heins never had that kind of juice

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and rarsen like this.
    03-06-14 05:30 PM
    After hours reading. At some point the issue of smartphone security is going to force itself onto the consumer:

Smartphones becoming prime target for criminal hackers
    As mobile devices become more popular, hackers take a greater interest

Smartphones becoming prime target for criminal hackers - Technology & Science - CBC News
    bungaboy and rarsen like this.
    03-06-14 05:31 PM
    It looks like we will be having an in-dash UI battle starting this year. So far, the only notable car manufacturers who aren't on the list of the ones offering Apple CarPlay are Volkswagon and Tesla. I would imagine that the high-end infotainment systems will also give the user the option of plugging in their iPhone and running apps in CarPlay. The initial 3rd party app list include iHeartRadio, Spotify, and Stitcher so people who subscribe to those services will be able to browse their content immediately via their dash UI.

I think it's safe to say that most mobile content (traffic, retail, Yelp, Nest, podcasts, streaming music) is going to appear on an iPhone well before it shows up on a native dash UI, especially as it seems that adding the CarPlay UI to iPhone apps is pretty easy for developers once they are given permission. That means this content will be available in CarPlay mode first. It will be up to car infotainment systems to somehow find a way to do it better. Plus, they have to convince third party developers that they have the install base numbers to make a free custom in-dash version worthwhile when they are already on CarPlay.
    Sorry, but if I was making an automobile I would not limit my vehicle sales to people using a certain flavor of device...I think the secret is the OS "allowing" these smart devices to work on the vehicle platform.

Is that a Z30...yes, yes it is.
    03-06-14 05:47 PM
113,252 ... 24772478247924802481 ...