View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Hey guys since its OT time at the moment I was wondering if anyone here is familiar with canadian credit scores? I just got my online score from equifax and it's lower than I expected and when I look at what's effecting my score I don't understand what it means
    03-05-14 11:21 PM
    Good day to all!! I have been told I have been made an honorary member (sort of). Well glad to be here and intend to enjoy the discussion.
    Here-here!

Good to have you join 'The Clan' George.
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-06-14 12:56 AM
    i'm doing some late night phone searching (still tempted to get z30) i've noticed that rogers withhold the "review" section when you go to iphone 5s...how convenient is that, yet Z30 still rates 5 stars best amongst any. I know BB isn't targeting consumers right now but they need to milk this, my friend who just destroyed a note 3 didn't even know about the Z30 until I mentioned it to her. We all know here that this is a ongoing problem!
    bungaboy and zachgeo like this.
    03-06-14 01:25 AM
    Wait.. so you can't block someone on Viber when using an iPhone?! That's pretty funny

Posted via CB10
    03-06-14 02:40 AM
    i'm doing some late night phone searching (still tempted to get z30) i've noticed that rogers withhold the "review" section when you go to iphone 5s...how convenient is that
    I'm fairly certain that the review section was withheld because fans, not unlike those on Crackberry, are constantly trolling the "iSheep" review page.

It's an iPhone for god's sake, the most common smartphone model in existence. Does anybody really need a review?
    03-06-14 02:43 AM
    i'm doing some late night phone searching (still tempted to get z30) i've noticed that rogers withhold the "review" section when you go to iphone 5s...how convenient is that, yet Z30 still rates 5 stars best amongst any. I know BB isn't targeting consumers right now but they need to milk this, my friend who just destroyed a note 3 didn't even know about the Z30 until I mentioned it to her. We all know here that this is a ongoing problem!
    Z30 user satisfaction is really high. I point my friends to the reviews at amazon.de when they want to know why I was soooo stupid to buy a BB, LOL.

In Chen's first public statement he mentioned, that he might need some help regarding marketing. I'am very curious what's his strategy here. Will he wait until new devices create some momentum? The sad thing is, the Z30 is competitive right now, but without marketing, well....
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-06-14 02:47 AM
    Check out this piece from Forbes, written by Gene Marks (who also writes regularly for NYT and inc.com): Here's Why You May be Buying Blackberry Again.

There really is nothing in the article that readers of this thread don't already know, but what I find important is the very clear shift in tone as journalists from major media write upbeat pieces about Blackberry. Opening quote: "BlackBerry? Are those guys still around? Yes, they are–and in a big way."
    Corbu, bungaboy, zyben and 2 others like this.
    03-06-14 05:01 AM
    Apple CarPlay in the 2015 C Class:

MHO....QNX Car 2 is far superior.
    Holly cow, this is ...
    OMG this screen ... In a $90K+ car ?
    OMG A wire ????
    Really ???

I feel so much better now, thanks !
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 03-06-14 at 05:24 AM.
    03-06-14 05:12 AM
    Holly cow, this is ...
    OMG A wire ????
    Really ???

Not a very good showcasing video if you ask me, the guy does not seem to know what he does.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-14 05:33 AM
    Not a very good showcasing video if you ask me, the guy does not seem to know what he does.

Posted via CB10
    Apple CarPlay - Car electronics - CNET Reviews

Another one, still ... once again, they've just added an ... app ... to enhance the limited built-in capabilities restrictions.
    Please BlackBerry, publish a BB10+QNX mirrolink demo and send back this to its level: soooo low.
    03-06-14 05:55 AM
    Holly cow, this is ...
    OMG A wire ????
    Really ???

Apple makes the most outdated products on the market and sells them using the most advanced marketing techniques. You really have to be an ***** to use an outdated apple product.

Posted via CB10
    Mr.Conviviality likes this.
    03-06-14 06:04 AM
    Apple makes the most outdated products on the market and sells them using the most advanced marketing techniques. You really have to be an ***** to use an outdated apple product.

Posted via CB10
    Carplay will be a huge success in the US. Now Carplay is not an OS. So the car might still be running QNX when the iphone is not plugged in. But lots of iphone are going to get plugged in. Don't bet against it. And it isn't marketing either. It is design which is a different thing.

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    03-06-14 06:09 AM
    Carplay will be a huge success in the US. Now Carplay is not an OS. So the car might still be running QNX when the iphone is not plugged in. But lots of iphone are going to get plugged in. Don't bet against it. And it isn't marketing either. It is design which is a different thing.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed, and so far, BlackBerry has not marketed any of their product to layer on top of QNX, so eventually someone bound to do it.

Betting against apple and the appeal it has on consumer, well that is one big gamble. BBRY need to come up with something that not only unleash all of the potential that QNX has, but also need something proprietary that will set them apart in the car industry. One just hopes it will be sooner than later.

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    03-06-14 06:37 AM
    03-06-14 07:03 AM
    OT: Treshold Pharmaceuticals (THLD) published their Q4 results today. A bit (-0.03 EPS) under expectations if I'm not mistaken. Any thoughts, Morgan? Did anyone else buy into this stock? :-)

Posted via CB10
    Corbu and take99 like this.
    03-06-14 07:21 AM
    bigbadben10[/B];10086473]OT: Morgan, do you have any insight into Spartan Energy Corp (CVE:SPE). Thank you! ...looking to diversify a little.
    I'll be brief here, SPE is a very small shell company that has just completed a 1:4 share consolidation, they are merging their pre-consoldiation assets with Renegade Energy and they have also issued 153 MM warrants convertable into common stock at $ .49/shr. All of this was done with the top underwriters in Alberta and surrounding oil/gas patches. They are now a going concern, with 150,000 acres of land to drill for light sweet crude oil in Sask.. The negative here is all of the stock outstanding, the positives are management, the underwriting team, the land base, the revenue stream and the conversion of warrants to $ 75 MM in cash one day. The number of shares outstanding is huge for a small company and at today's stock price for those shares, they need to generate huge cash-flow from existing wells and maintain great margins to turn a profit while they grow the company. The risk involved then is that of the quality of the land and its future prospects and we can value it based upon its reserves in the ground but we really need to see them drill some holes before we can venture a guess as to where the stock will trade after the underwriters release the stock to trade on its own. For that reason, I would be sitting on the sidelines and watching this one operate under new management for at least 6 months in order to get a feel for how well it will do. They paid a huge premium for Renegade but they needed the asset so badly that it might be worth that premium. If you are buying this one, just consider scaling into it and you should be fine. This type of business development happens all of the time in Canada, take some assets and pool them to form a new entity with strong management and grow it bassed upon a five year plan, often they do work out. GL
    03-06-14 07:36 AM
    Soumaila Somtore[/B];10086524]OT. Hi M+8, bought some OMER shares last year, the share is looking very good know, do you think the share still has room to go up or should I exit now (I already took some profit). THANK you as always for your insight.
    That is an amazing chart pattern, good news today, the stock float is light and they have cash!! I think it has some legs left as they are making 52 week highs and pulling back to rest.

This is exactly what we want BBRY to do in the coming months, to march steadily higher, pause to refresh, and move again on some positive news. Great investment that you have there!

I would say that this chart pattern is one of the best ones out there today, we should be so lucky to eventually have this pattern for BBRY, and it just might happen. BBRY is about to see a [B]Golden Cross on Wednesday [/B ]of next week, from that time on, the stock will officially become bullish to everyone in the free world. When the "old months" of trading drop off in the months ahead, the chart for BBRY will develop into a wonderful one year chart too. It is worth stating that BBRY can also have a great chart pattern and it can happen in the latter half of 2014. Thanks
    bungaboy, Mr BBRY, Corbu and 5 others like this.
    03-06-14 08:04 AM
    BlackBerry receives patent for tactile keypad overlay with touch-sensitive display

textile keyboard 615x327 BlackBerry receives patent for tactile keypad overlay with touch sensitive displayBlackBerry has just registered a new patent for a tactile keypad, something very similar to the Windermere with the featured gesture-based keyboard that we reported on a few weeks ago. Sounds like BlackBerry’s CEO John Chen wants to take the already impressed BlackBerry QWERTY keyboard that everyone loves an enhance it with some features we never seen before.

The document describes the structure and operation of the keyboard, which apparently is pretty standard overlay for the phone and the screen, some have seen already on the market. More information on the patent description:

BlackBerry receives patent for tactile keypad overlay with touch-sensitive display - BlackBerry Empire
    03-06-14 08:23 AM
    [QUOTE=_dimi_;10088517]OT: Treshold Pharmaceuticals (THLD) published their Q4 results today. A bit (-0.03 EPS) under expectations if I'm not mistaken. Any thoughts, Morgan? Did anyone else buy into this stock? :-)

Posted via CB10[/QUOTE]

What a great find!!! The first thing I want people to notice is that this stock (THLD) is about to undergo a Golden Cross !!! It is just 3 pennies away from turning bullish here. Take the time to watch the trading in this stock in the days after the 50-dma crosses up through the 200-dma. BBRY will have this event happen next Wednesday and BBRY is a heavily followed stock unlike [BTHLD[/B].

As for this one, THLD is a real going concern that few people even know about. You have to wonder why it hasn't moved yet, they have a ton of cash, a Phase III drug that will have data available this year, they barely lose money and receive royalty payments now. The stock has been range bound for 12-months despite the Baker Brothers owning 2 MM shares. You have a very promising company here and an exciting 2014 ahead of them and little to no interest. At some point, the stock is likely to rocket under those conditions. I pointed this one out in December for a 2014 investment and it is a sleeper. The best it has done is rally off the December lows and now it is near the critical $ 5.75/shr mark which is the start of a major breakout. I would hold this one in my account along with a basket of other biotechs as they are usually working on 2 - 3 drugs at a time and cancer is a tough illness to cure. The risk is in their Phase III results, if they are good, the stock rockets to crazy highs, if they suck, they fall back to cash value. This is one of my long term favs. Thanks.

PS. The financial results mean nothing. Sorry about that!
    _dimi_, Corbu, bungaboy and 5 others like this.
    03-06-14 08:28 AM
    That car play video actually made me laugh.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-14 08:31 AM

Posted via CB10
    It looks like a Garmin running the latest OS from Play-Doh.. :-)

Posted via CB10
    03-06-14 08:40 AM

Posted via CB10
    But is is by iCrape so it is so good. Most iFreaks do not even know how good QNX looks like in few cars. I already sent few carplay vids from friends telling how cool it is..
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-06-14 08:41 AM
    OT:

Morgan just wondering if you have any thoughts on WPRT?

Back on topic.

My 2008 Chrysler Aspen MyGig with uConnect will do everything that iCarp thingy does. And does it better!
    rarsen and sidhuk like this.
    03-06-14 08:59 AM
    By trimming down to only what's necessary to support the M2M and enterprise, BBRY can afford to let companies like Apple and MS continue to market aging UI paradigms while they provide the underlying functionality and security... for a price. They're not building and marketing the devices themselves, just locking them down and making sure they work as expected.

What's more important in terms of the long term viability of a platform, robust and secure software architecture or rubber band effects?
    03-06-14 09:18 AM
    Good morning Gang.
    OT.
    I am traveling but yet I have time for this before I forget about this LoL
    This is to add Custom/desired search engine providers to the existing list in bb10.
    I use Duck Duck go (lol) or ixquick. Both of these are quick add free non tracker engines.
    Go to this page in your BB10 browser and search your desirable search
    http://mycroftproject.com/
    provider. Once results show up then look carefully which link you like because you would have the choice of country specific engine etc
    Click on the link which ends up with ssl.
    You ll get a prompt if you want to add this to your search list. Click OK and it is done.
    After that I hope you know how to setup your default search engine.
    Once again, sorry for the interruptions. You can resume you inelegant stock market discussions and get super rich (or super poor) of blackberry stock.
    Lol.
    Edit: I hate google suggested/paid results. With above engines that's not the case (I hope LoL)

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    Last edited by sidhuk; 03-06-14 at 10:17 AM.
    03-06-14 09:42 AM
113,256 ... 24742475247624772478 ...