View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Lol. More like ads to BBM Channels. Not Bbm messenger side.

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    Channels is part of BBM no? My annoyance would be with sponsored invites and how BBM will handle notifications for sponsored content.
    03-03-14 08:20 PM
    I have mixed feelings about this. I'm glad. That this will be a means to monetize BBM, but I'm worried the adds will ruin/take away from the experience. I wonder if they'll offer an option to pay some kind of fee to opt out of ads.

Posted while peeking and flowing on my incredible BBQ10! ?
    I agree. It is too early for ads. They should be clear 1st (or 2nd) with at least 500M users before even thinking of adding advertising.

Play Starcraft? Join our Channel: C001242DE
    03-03-14 08:22 PM
    Channels is part of BBM no? My annoyance would be with sponsored invites and how BBM will handle notifications for sponsored content.
    The way I read it.
    If you keep your self BBM messenger side without going in to channels then no way to see these ads.
    If one ventures in to channels which is an extension of BBM, only then ads can be seen.
    If you read further in that news that notifications controls for bbm messages and channel notifications needs to be separated.
    "
    Multi-Platform BBM Getting Ads Soon
    News
    by Lucas Atkins - Mar 3, 2014 - 5 Comments

Many have wondered how BlackBerry would monetize BBM now that it?s gone multi-platform. We previously reported that BlackBerry was looking to use ?sponsored invites? through BBM Channels, as outlined in a Beta Zone survey.

Furthermore, we explained why BBM would remain free on other platforms due to BBM Channels. According to the Android BBM beta, we will see these Channel ads coming soon.

There will apparently be two types of ads on multi-platform BBM:

As sponsored invites in the invites section of BBM
    As sponsored Channel posts in the Updates section of BBM
    Fortunately, these types of ads on BBM do not sound too intrusive and annoying. However, if BlackBerry does not allow you to filter out their notifications, that could have you erroneously checking your device each time. Let us know your thoughts on BBM ads in the comments below."
    Attachment 252550
    bungaboy, rarsen and zyben like this.
    03-03-14 08:27 PM
    "As sponsored Channel posts in the Updates section of BBM"
    The Updates section has all your most recent BBM chats and BBM Channels postings. Basically all BBM related upates. Hence "Updates".
    Not sure how many people use this, but this is the middle tab at the bottom of the screen. Some people were complaining that the new "Updates" tab is useless and they want their contacts tab back, but the reason is because they want BBM Channels to be very easily accessible so they can monetize. Of course the other thing is, the "Updates" tab is kind of like your twitter feed or facebook wall feed.

So if you never venture into the "Updates" tab, yeah, you'll never see the ads. But if you do use the "Updates" tab, then you might see them.
    bungaboy, rarsen, zyben and 1 others like this.
    03-03-14 08:41 PM
    And Berry review explains it better than I could.

"@djghettoredneck let me know that BlackBerry is testing out some ads in BBM within certain Beta Zone builds of BBM. The ads are essentially in two different areas with sponsored invites and sponsored channels. The new ads sort of remind me of how Twitter is monetizing their company. The sponsored invites ads will show up in the invites section of BBM. The sponsored channel posts will show up in the updates section of BBM. The ads are really only for one version of BBM and very limited so I doubt this will intrude.

I am not sure if this is the best way for BBM to monetize itself but I doubt it will hurt. Still it will not stop people complaining that ads are coming to the platform. I just hope BlackBerry keeps it tactful. I can see sponsored channels getting some top billing as an acceptable medium. People are also okay with sponsored Tweets in Twitter so sponsored updates should work too"

bungaboy and zyben like this.
    03-03-14 09:02 PM
    Chef Tyler Florence is promoting BB/Channels on Instagram:

I just started my BBM Channel. Play around with it. It's like Instagram, Twitter and tumblr but with no limits. You can load 16 bits of data. Longer videos, lots of pics, plus you can call and video chat with friends right from the app. Very interesting. Works with iOS and Android.

no one is paying me. I like tech and I follow business trends. Fascinating story. They're getting their act together. I won't bore you with why I think it's BB's year. It's not the same company it was a few years ago. Don't count them out.

Instagram
    Wait. How did you get video onto BBM Channels?
    03-04-14 12:28 AM
    They should have waited to get video and screen share across first perhaps, but I wonder if they are a bit worried about cash burn and needed to rush this one a bit. So long as it stays out of the actual messaging section it should be fine, but we don't need any negative drag on the brand right now and it's a risk putting this out when it will probably attract criticism, even if that criticism is unfair. It seems like it is potentially the typical BlackBerry folly of focusing on shareholders and stock analysts without paying enough attention to general culture, but again, hopefully it will be fine.

I do think that ads in the friends invite section is a terrible idea though. It's going to mean that one of the first things new users are exposed to are ads. I'd prefer ads in Channels, and sponsored invites from companies to join their channels as opposed to ads being attached to individual invites.

Join the Cause @ BlackBerry Bootleg Marketing Channel - C003483F4
    03-04-14 01:24 AM
    With from Paris
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bh4ltvbimaaxpnu.png-large.png
    03-04-14 06:14 AM
    With from Paris
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bh4LtVBIMAAxPnU.png large.png 
Views:	1601 
Size:	520.6 KB 
ID:	252670
    One surly looking group of CrackHeads!
    03-04-14 06:25 AM
    With from Paris
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bh4LtVBIMAAxPnU.png large.png 
Views:	1601 
Size:	520.6 KB 
ID:	252670
    Superfly_FR . . . .you win the prize for the most colourful coat. LoL
    Corbu, georg4BB, sidhuk and 3 others like this.
    03-04-14 06:38 AM
    Lol. BlackBerry's car play way before.
    This was posted by blaze in another thread.

03-04-14 08:13 AM

Why blackberry QNX

03-04-14 08:17 AM
    Lol. BlackBerry's car play way before.
    At the end of the video he calls it "QNX operating system's implementation of Nokia Terminal Mode" so I'm guessing that this is Nokia's version of CarPlay. I wonder whether we will see a video of the same guy will be making a video of "QNX's implementation of Apple CarPlay."
    sidhuk and morganplus8 like this.
    03-04-14 08:22 AM
    Sounds more and more like everything will be running on QNX eventually.

If you want to trust it not to crash on you... which is a big thing in a car, I'm sure.
    sidhuk, Corbu, morganplus8 and 4 others like this.
    03-04-14 08:30 AM
    Yeah, I know. But Onstar is celestial ( expensive to send satellites up there and maintain ) , while the new systems are cellullar.

That's why the Qualcom/QNX announcement was key I think, which was announced not too long ago.
    Not true - Onstar works through cellular networks. In fact the original OnStar (versions 1-4) worked with the old analog Verizon network and when they closed it down a few years ago all the older cars with the original OnStar don't work any more. The current models including my Equinox works with Verizon digital. The only part of the OnStar system that is satellite based is the obvious GPS parts.
    03-04-14 08:36 AM
    03-04-14 08:43 AM
    Good morning gang! Seems this is a long time coming.

BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) today; signs deal in South Africa, BBM Ads rumor

BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) today; signs deal in South Africa, BBM Ads rumor | Markets Emerging
    03-04-14 08:47 AM
    App store Purchase through carrier billing is available in canada for some times now. I use it all the times

03-04-14 08:59 AM
    Excellent article from Forbes on why companies will be buying BlackBerry again.

Enter COPE http://www.forbes.com/sites/quickerb...ckberry-again/

Posted via swift BlackBerry Z30!
    sidhuk, lcjr, bungaboy and 3 others like this.
    03-04-14 09:02 AM
    Excellent article from Forbes on why companies will be buying BlackBerry again.

Enter COPE http://www.forbes.com/sites/quickerb...ckberry-again/

WTF? LoL
    This article almost sounds too positive. Cause I an used to the bashing.

lcjr, bungaboy, zyben and 4 others like this.
    03-04-14 09:11 AM
    WTF? LoL
    This article almost sounds too positive. Cause I an used to the bashing.

I know, especially from Forbes. This is definately good advertizing.
    sidhuk, bungaboy and rarsen like this.
    03-04-14 09:13 AM
    Woah huh what's left going on

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-04-14 09:37 AM
    There she goes.

Mind the gap people.
    sidhuk likes this.
    03-04-14 09:38 AM
    Over the last several weeks I've been noticing a lot of positive articles from many naysayers. Additionally, they finally started addressing the company by its rightful name; BlackBerry as opposed to RIM and showing the photos of more recent phones. Could it be that we are finally changing BlackBerry images perception?

sidhuk and Corbu like this.
    03-04-14 09:39 AM
    10:30 Dip . . . . reversed today. LoL
    sidhuk likes this.
    03-04-14 09:49 AM
113,256 ... 24692470247124722473 ...