View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    this solidifies qnx in cars. no wonder ford is thinking of moving towards qnx.
    I posted this on another thread..

I think the play here with QNX is handling the gauges and sensors a car uses and relaying that info to manufacturers. It can advance a service visit and inform the driver to bring it to a service center because a certain part or component is about to fail or is falling close to accepted level.
    It can help improve the life of the car and at the same time safety of passengers. Lots of possibilities here.

Of course it's great for BB if the interface chosen for infotainment is BB, but regardless of what it is , I believe QNX makes a play on the internal system of the car.

Remember the OTA announcement sometime in October/November time frame of last year.
    zyben, sidhuk and rarsen like this.
    03-03-14 02:30 PM
    End of day climbing?

Nice to see.

Any bets on how long before we move to $15? I'd say we'll be moving towards that number by the ER at the end of the month.
    03-03-14 02:31 PM
    Another nice Green day. I'd like to see this stock get to eleven soon. I'm pretty sure next earnings release is going to be make or break. The losses don't have to stop but there needs to be a clear trend to why they will stop and where the company might get profitable again. If they show that, then the stock will jump. If they don't, then we might be back in the five or six price range.

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk, Shanerredflag and JLagoon like this.
    03-03-14 02:35 PM
    I'd be interested to know how the revenue split will be for QNX for both of roles as the primary car system and as "behind the scenes" system in the case of CarPlay. Does Apple pay QNX or do the car makers pay QNX its piece and Apple gets theirs?

Imo, this is important.
    03-03-14 02:36 PM
    Just checking in again. Hope everyone is doing ok!
    03-03-14 03:02 PM
    I'd be interested to know how the revenue split will be for QNX for both of roles as the primary car system and as "behind the scenes" system in the case of CarPlay. Does Apple pay QNX or do the car makers pay QNX its piece and Apple gets theirs?

Imo, this is important.
    Of course it would be nice if we can, but my guess is it's too early to tell because the tech is in its infancy. What I like with the news with Apple is it would help put QNX in a lot of many cars. Someone has to pay a license for the OS isn't it.

From personal experience, and I'm not even sure it's a good gauge , but a license for VXworks per system we install costs $75. Vxworks is the twin ( archenemy if you want ) of QNX. They are both RTOS and have been around for decades and are both used in so many vertical applications. Nuclear, spacecraft, locomotives , ACTS, etc.etc.

So for some hypothesis, if the car industry produces 85 million cars a year worldwide( just read it somewhere ), and lets say 30% of that has some form of systems described above, with QNX commanding 60% share of that number, assuming someone pays $50 per license, then we're looking at $ 765M on licensing alone.

85M x .3 X .6 x $50 = $ 765M

Add that with some revenue it can possibly generate for services, software updates and all sort of other goodies it can apply to help manage your car then we're talking.

PS. I just threw in the $50 per license there. If anyone has some knowledge of this kindly correct it. Thanks
    Last edited by La Emperor; 03-03-14 at 03:20 PM.
    sidhuk, bungaboy and rarsen like this.
    03-03-14 03:02 PM
    Hey how you doing LC? Haven't heard from you in awhile. Hope all is well.
    03-03-14 03:06 PM
    Hey how you doing LC? Haven't heard from you in awhile. Hope all is well.
    Everything is just fine. Got the new house almost completely setup and am still commuting every two weekends from El Paso to Colorado Springs until I find a job there. Life is good.
    03-03-14 03:13 PM
    Hey buddy. Good to see you again. Hope all is well with your and yours!
    Superfly_FR and lcjr like this.
    03-03-14 04:21 PM
    Hey guys sorry missed today was at a conference in T.O . Great move in the sp even in a down market

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-03-14 04:47 PM
    Hey buddy. Good to see you again. Hope all is well with your and yours!
    Oh yeah, you know my glass is always half full. Good to see BBRY doing so well too. In fact, BBRY is doing awesome. I would buy more shares but I’m currently using my extra funds to stockpile supplies in my basement for the Zombie Apocalypse. Seriously though, feels good to have a few of my stocks doing really well for a change. lol
    sidhuk, Randeman, bungaboy and 4 others like this.
    03-03-14 04:48 PM
    http://gizmodo.com/police-hid-use-of...full+(Gizmodo)

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    bungaboy and rarsen like this.
    03-03-14 05:51 PM
    I'll just leave this here. Morgan is usually the one with the explanations. I just like drawing random lines.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry.png

Also been following another stock. Ballard Power.
    I'll also leave this chart here.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bldp.png
    bungaboy and JLagoon like this.
    03-03-14 05:52 PM
    Of course it would be nice if we can, but my guess is it's too early to tell because the tech is in its infancy. What I like with the news with Apple is it would help put QNX in a lot of many cars. Someone has to pay a license for the OS isn't it.

From personal experience, and I'm not even sure it's a good gauge , but a license for VXworks per system we install costs $75. Vxworks is the twin ( archenemy if you want ) of QNX. They are both RTOS and have been around for decades and are both used in so many vertical applications. Nuclear, spacecraft, locomotives , ACTS, etc.etc.

So for some hypothesis, if the car industry produces 85 million cars a year worldwide( just read it somewhere ), and lets say 30% of that has some form of systems described above, with QNX commanding 60% share of that number, assuming someone pays $50 per license, then we're looking at $ 765M on licensing alone.

85M x .3 X .6 x $50 = $ 765M

Add that with some revenue it can possibly generate for services, software updates and all sort of other goodies it can apply to help manage your car then we're talking.

PS. I just threw in the $50 per license there. If anyone has some knowledge of this kindly correct it. Thanks
    I have no clue, but It would be hard to believe they would have sold the whole company to RIMM for $200M if these numbers are even close. If the numbers are close BBRY got a GREAT deal. Here's hoping
    03-03-14 06:05 PM

Imo, this is important.
    My guess is the automakers pay QNX and required functionality specs that the infotainment system it must be compatible with iOS and Android.

There is the back end stuff that QNX does then for the vehicle and then I suspect there is a gateway to the infotainment system that iOS and Android and BBRY can utilize. I think iOS and Android only get a small sliver of QNX is doing in an automobile. Important for that one area but nothing to do with the rest of QNX.

Hopefully BBOS can leverage QNX and come up with some killer functionality that iOS and Android can't/doesn't have and get it out SOON.
    La Emperor and rarsen like this.
    03-03-14 06:10 PM
    I'll just leave this here. Morgan is usually the one with the explanations. I just like drawing random lines.

Also been following another stock. Ballard Power.
    I'll also leave this chart here.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BLDP.png 
Views:	995 
Size:	143.0 KB 
ID:	252505
    OT: I picked up Ballard today and it's been on a great run. Same with PLUG as well. These two go together it seems.
    03-03-14 06:19 PM
    BlackBerry bringing ads to BBM.

http://n4bb.com/multi-platform-bbm-getting-ads-soon/
    3_M4N, sidhuk, zyben and 1 others like this.
    03-03-14 06:25 PM
    I posted this on another thread..

I think the play here with QNX is handling the gauges and sensors a car uses and relaying that info to manufacturers. It can advance a service visit and inform the driver to bring it to a service center because a certain part or component is about to fail or is falling close to accepted level.
    It can help improve the life of the car and at the same time safety of passengers. Lots of possibilities here.

Of course it's great for BB if the interface chosen for infotainment is BB, but regardless of what it is , I believe QNX makes a play on the internal system of the car.

Remember the OTA announcement sometime in October/November time frame of last year.
    My 2010 Chevy Equinox already does this through On Star

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    03-03-14 06:27 PM
    My 2010 Chevy Equinox already does this through On Star

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    Yeah, I know. But Onstar is celestial ( expensive to send satellites up there and maintain ) , while the new systems are cellullar.

That's why the Qualcom/QNX announcement was key I think, which was announced not too long ago.
    bungaboy and Superfly_FR like this.
    03-03-14 06:44 PM
    OT: I picked up Ballard today and it's been on a great run. Same with PLUG as well. These two go together it seems.
    I've been afraid of picking up Ballard because it is VERY HEAVILY overbought. Waiting until it drops back down.......
    Though I've been saying this since $3........and now it's almost at $5......
    bigbadben10 and bungaboy like this.
    03-03-14 07:07 PM
    Yeah, I know. But Onstar is celestial ( expensive to send satellites up there and maintain ) , while the new systems are cellullar.

That's why the Qualcom/QNX announcement was key I think, which was announced not too long ago.
    Well, here's the thing. You won't always get a signal if you drive to the middle of nowhere that has no cell signal. On the other hand, satellite pretty much always works as long as you're not underground.

Oh, also OnStar is powered by QNX.
    03-03-14 07:09 PM
    I have mixed feelings about this. I'm glad. That this will be a means to monetize BBM, but I'm worried the adds will ruin/take away from the experience. I wonder if they'll offer an option to pay some kind of fee to opt out of ads.

Posted while peeking and flowing on my incredible BBQ10! ?
    03-03-14 07:48 PM
    Lol. More like ads to BBM Channels. Not Bbm messenger side.

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    Last edited by sidhuk; 03-03-14 at 08:15 PM.
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-03-14 08:03 PM
    Really happy to see them racing to turn Bbm into a rev stream

Posted via CB10
    Bacon Munchers likes this.
    03-03-14 08:13 PM
    Nice to see such good buy-in to the QNX Car OS.

I heard today that Apple already made an app for it called 'CarPlay'.

I imagine Google and Microsoft will want one soon too then.

Posted via CB10
    rarsen and OMGitworks like this.
    03-03-14 08:19 PM
113,256 ... 24682469247024712472 ...