View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Can someone remind me of the date of the next Qtrly report?

Join the Cause @ BlackBerry Bootleg Marketing Channel - C003483F4
    03-02-14 11:58 AM
    We'll see what Chen has to say soon, his words will drive the price of the stock not the results of Q4.
    I agree. Last quarter, just prior to earnings, I sold half my interest anticipating less than encouraging news at earnings report. I was prepared to quickly re-enter depending on what Chen had to say. It worked out well.
    03-02-14 12:13 PM
    Will Apple counter Facebook move? - CNBC

License iMessage. These US apple bubble boys are on crack. They only push that many iMessages because (from what I understand) iOS to iOS defaults to iMessage vs SMS. No one will license iMessage. BBM is far superior. The only smart Apple move would be to buy BBRY for 10B and be an instant leader in enterprise MDM, secure IM, secure money payments. With Apple balance sheet behind the technology there will be no worry about BBRY going bankrupt and enterprise moving away from BES. This would be the smartest play Apple could make instead of paying 14B to prop up their SP.
    03-02-14 12:20 PM
    Can someone remind me of the date of the next Qtrly report?

Join the Cause @ BlackBerry Bootleg Marketing Channel - C003483F4
    2X of March
    sidhuk likes this.
    03-02-14 12:44 PM
    This to me is the first truly positive article I have read because they acknowledge the advanced tech that is BB10.

This is the sort of article that changes perception. The sad part I suppose is it took them a year to acknowledge that BB10 is in fact technologically excellent.
    Agreed, ibpluto, there haven't been too many of those really positive mainstream articles over the last year but we are starting to see some changes in the media. I guess we have almost turned the corner from "The Company is Dead" theme...

I would be the last one to defend the US media insofar as BBRY is concerned. However, to play devil's advocate, I would submit that 1) BB10 was very poorly launched a year ago (imagine what it could have been if the launch had been handled by John Chen and his group), and 2) BB10 as it is now is a far more polished product than it was at launch.

BBRY has to assume it's share of the responsibility for the mess that it found itself in. And it should thank us for being such a devoted, resilient group!
    bungaboy, rarsen, Mr BBRY and 2 others like this.
    03-02-14 12:53 PM
    Sorry what do you mean by CORE?

Posted via CB10
    "Cost Optimization and Resource Efficiency (CORE)"
    03-02-14 01:17 PM
    Agreed, ibpluto, there haven't been too many of those really positive mainstream articles over the last year but we are starting to see some changes in the media. I guess we have almost turned the corner from "The Company is Dead" theme...

I would be the last one to defend the US media insofar as BBRY is concerned. However, to play devil's advocate, I would submit that 1) BB10 was very poorly launched a year ago (imagine what it could have been if the launch had been handled by John Chen and his group), and 2) BB10 as it is now is a far more polished product than it was at launch.

BBRY has to assume it's share of the responsibility for the mess that it found itself in. And it should thank us for being such a devoted, resilient group!
    Ya, BlackBerry didn't do themselves any favors, but neither did anyone else.

Nice to see the "pile-on" has stopped for now

CB10'n it via da Z
    Corbu, rarsen, zyben and 1 others like this.
    03-02-14 01:29 PM
    03-02-14 01:35 PM
    3gees.
    Good gutsy and genius move. this will force blog writers to admit and mention.

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    bungaboy and Corbu like this.
    03-02-14 01:44 PM
    Does BlackBerry have a solution for this?
    Healthcare organizations under massive attacks from cyber thieves stealing your information

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/#ixzz2uq24ykJF

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and Bacon Munchers like this.
    03-02-14 02:14 PM
    Yup they do.

I think it's BES10 with BlackBerry 10 devices.

Posted via CB10
    zyben and bungaboy like this.
    03-02-14 02:51 PM
    "Cost Optimization and Resource Efficiency (CORE)"
    LoL. What was once referred to as . . . . . managing your business!
    sidhuk, rarsen, Corbu and 1 others like this.
    03-02-14 03:38 PM
    LoL. What was once referred to as . . . . . managing your business!
    And thinking about the shareholders!
    rarsen likes this.
    03-02-14 04:09 PM
    Watching the Oscars and it's insane how much money Samsung spends on marketing and product placement.
    03-02-14 09:39 PM
    Mogan, I bought back my first block last Friday at $9.00. I will definitely buy back my second block at $9.60 the coming week.
    rarsen and morganplus8 like this.
    03-02-14 09:48 PM
    Doing my taxes right now and wondering if I could force a capital loss without completely selling my shares. (I'm thinking ahead for tax year 2014)

From what I understand if you sell a stock and buy it back in 30 days, you have a superficial loss.
    But what if you purchased additional shares and then immediately sold them. You would get at least a capital loss of the difference between the adjusted cost base and the selling cost.

E.g.
    May 2013) Buy 100 shares at $20 (ACB = $2000 | Avg$/Share = $20 )
    Jan 2014) Buy 100 shares at $10 (ACB = $3000 | Avg$/Share = $15 )
    Jan 2014) Sell 100 shares at $10 <--Since my previous Avg$/Share = $15, I am selling at a loss of $5/Share, so I can claim a capital loss of $500?

Is this correct?
    (Note: These are for Canadian tax purposes)
    03-02-14 10:16 PM
    Now that quite period started we won't hear much from BB means shorts will take advantage and bring it down. Hope max pain is 9.60 as Moron said. Since lots of shares covered in last few days more available to short further so do not be surprised to see mid 9s in next few days. This might be last quarter for shorts to cover so they will suck the every millimeter of juice out of every BlackBerry
    Share your thoughts on this..thx
    03-02-14 10:45 PM
    Doing my taxes right now and wondering if I could force a capital loss without completely selling my shares. (I'm thinking ahead for tax year 2014)

From what I understand if you sell a stock and buy it back in 30 days, you have a superficial loss.
    But what if you purchased additional shares and then immediately sold them. You would get at least a capital loss of the difference between the adjusted cost base and the selling cost.

E.g.
    May 2013) Buy 100 shares at $20 (ACB = $2000 | Avg$/Share = $20 )
    Jan 2014) Buy 100 shares at $10 (ACB = $3000 | Avg$/Share = $15 )
    Jan 2014) Sell 100 shares at $10 <--Since my previous Avg$/Share = $15, I am selling at a loss of $5/Share, so I can claim a capital loss of $500?

Is this correct?
    (Note: These are for Canadian tax purposes)
    I am with TDAmeritrade that automatically tracks the capital gain and loss for me. Now you can always sell the shares at the highest cost as option.

For example, if in your account, the highest cost per share of BBRY is $20/share (say 1000 shares) bought long time ago and on Friday, you bought 1000 shares at 10 and sold 1000 shares at 10 also but indicated that you were selling the highest cost shares in the account. If in next 30 days you do not buy any shares. then the program will show you that you had realized $10000 capital loss (1000 shares X (20 -10).

The above example is valid based on US tax law. I am not sure about Canada.
    03-03-14 12:46 AM
    OT ALERT:

http://bgr.com/2014/02/28/how-androi...Genius+Report)

Don't know if anyone posted this already.

Does this little diddy mean that we as BlackBerry users dabbling with Android apps can be even more secure?

Side thought: I wonder how long it will take Tizen to be hacked. Anyone know how secure it is?
    03-03-14 01:16 AM
    Interesting action in the pre-market.

Headfake?
    03-03-14 06:39 AM
    Interesting action in the pre-market.

Headfake?
    Lots of stocks are red in PM because of uncertainty from the Ukraine situation.
    morganplus8, rarsen and Corbu like this.
    03-03-14 06:46 AM
    I am with TDAmeritrade that automatically tracks the capital gain and loss for me. Now you can always sell the shares at the highest cost as option.

For example, if in your account, the highest cost per share of BBRY is $20/share (say 1000 shares) bought long time ago and on Friday, you bought 1000 shares at 10 and sold 1000 shares at 10 also but indicated that you were selling the highest cost shares in the account. If in next 30 days you do not buy any shares. then the program will show you that you had realized $10000 capital loss (1000 shares X (20 -10).

The above example is valid based on US tax law. I am not sure about Canada.
    In Canada I believe you must use ACB method.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-14 06:46 AM
    Mercedes AMG utilizing BBM Channels:
    http://www.mercedesamgf1.com/en/news...-bbm-channels/

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140303_055415.png

Is that a Z30...yes, yes it is.
    03-03-14 06:56 AM
    Apple Car Play. The Apple experience, in your car. I wonder how it stacks up against QNX?

The power and simplicity of Apple Maps come to your dashboard ? complete with turn?by?turn directions, traffic conditions, and estimated travel time. CarPlay can also predict where you most likely want to go using addresses from your email, text messages, contacts, and calendars.

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=7_Z3qtqi

Posted while peeking and flowing on my incredible BBQ10! ?
    03-03-14 07:26 AM
    Apple Car Play. The Apple experience, in your car. I wonder how it stacks up against QNX?

The power and simplicity of Apple Maps come to your dashboard ? complete with turn?by?turn directions, traffic conditions, and estimated travel time. CarPlay can also predict where you most likely want to go using addresses from your email, text messages, contacts, and calendars.

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=V1krhtmJ

Posted while peeking and flowing on my incredible BBQ10! ?
    This is going to be huge competition. Also apple maps and traffic prediction are going to get a lot better with the data this will provide them.
    QNX advantage is stability and predictable performance. Apple might not come out of the gate fully stable. And customers want full stability in their cars.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-14 08:28 AM
113,256 ... 24662467246824692470 ...