Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    03-01-14 01:41 PM
    About $300.

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    03-01-14 01:45 PM
    Lol. I meant for news. That's a new site opened by BlackBerry fans from here and it stemmed from their channel which was about Crackberry trolls. Not saying it's not entertaining, just wouldn't be using it for any sort of news source without going and finding corroborating sources.

Posted via CB10
    You wouldn't use UTBBlogs as a news source?

Awwww, that's a shame, you'd have known of the India Sales story 3 hours ago complete with corroborating source...
    cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    03-01-14 03:14 PM
    About $300.

And what's that, about �200?

That's close enough to the �189 you can get a Z10 for SIM free in the UK and they are selling with no marketing whatsoever.

Imagine how many would get shifted if someone actually told somebody about it!
    bungaboy and morganplus8 like this.
    03-01-14 03:21 PM
    Quick question for a friend - how are people finding the q10 battery?
    Solid. No issues. Full day is never a problem for me. And often I don't plug it in at night since I can plug it in at work at some point during the day.

Also easily replaceable battery means that once this battery loses some capacity, I will buy a new battery and be back to full capacity. I figure I will do that once battery is a year or a year and half old.

I'm running 10.1 though. I've heard 10.2 can hit battery a bit harder.

Posted via CB10
    zyben likes this.
    03-01-14 04:06 PM
    First off, this is a great little company, I like everything about this one with the exception that they carry a huge amount of debt. I don't invest in companies with debt, working capital/cash-flow is different, but heavy debt straps a company so I avoid them. They have a great drilling program and those wells last, they don't have high production drop-off rates hence the ability to borrow capital against their assets. In conclusion, I would be a buyer of the stock once I can see them paying down their debt and operating more on working capital from cash-flow. Nice find!
    Thanks Morgan. There Stella project should be coming online near the end of the year and double there current production. That will definitely help pay down the debt caused by the Stella development.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and morganplus8 like this.
    03-01-14 05:23 PM
    Bunga, I personally hold manulife and sunlife for the dividends which i've held for a very long time and bought more into the 08 recession.
    MFC.TO = $0.53 annually
    SLF.TO = $1.44 annually
    Hey Slip. I did the exact same thing with both of those stocks, but mostly with MFC. They've more than doubled since I first bought. They should double again once interest rates finally move up.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and slipstream89 like this.
    03-01-14 06:44 PM
    From another thread. Hadn't seen this yet.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2454097,00.asp

Nice to see them speaking openly about android compatibility.

How would you go about getting a store natively onto the platform?:
    - continue encouraging them to convert to bar and submit to BlackBerry World?
    - create a separate BlackBerry World section for apk?
    - create/partner on a native BlackBerry10 amazon or 1mobile store?

Posted via CB10
    Corbu, sidhuk, rarsen and 3 others like this.
    03-01-14 10:54 PM
    Yah these were great i've gained around 87% since i bought SLF so i'm pretty happy with this long term holding

Hey Slip. I did the exact same thing with both of those stocks, but mostly with MFC. They've more than doubled since I first bought. They should double again once interest rates finally move up.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and Randeman like this.
    03-02-14 01:00 AM
    I'm hoping to see 'BBM Gold' (I've made that title up, so don't bother searching for it) offered to the general public as a paid BBM upgrade with enterprise level security and encryption. This is a bit OT, but I was just having a look at the Boeing Black thing mentioned earlier in the thread, and thought that this phone and the Blackphone (these names are hilarious) might actually be good for BlackBerry.

Whereas BlackBerry might have been hesitant to release truly secure messaging to the masses for fear of government harassment, now the market is beginning to make such things necessary in order to compete. The Boeing phone has the immediate problem of not being a consumer phone, and will face the same challenges that BlackBerry has faced in recent years, as people will still find having two phones a bit annoying.

Likewise, with Blackphone offering encrypted messaging, BlackBerry can offer the same, and hopefully better, without being centred out.

To keep this somewhat on topic, I'm a bit concerned that without some really promising decisions regarding BBM and various other things, we may begin to stagnate a bit. I think we need some great news or announcement of some sort of very exciting service in order to tie us over until the Z3 launch, which I hope for goodness' sake gets some proper marketing and sensible pricing. I think BBM news and improvements would be the most likely thing to help out right now.

Join the Cause @ BlackBerry Bootleg Marketing Channel - C003483F4
    03-02-14 05:35 AM
    I'm hoping to see 'BBM Gold' (I've made that title up, so don't bother searching for it) offered to the general public as a paid BBM upgrade with enterprise level security and encryption. This is a bit OT, but I was just having a look at the Boeing Black thing mentioned earlier in the thread, and thought that this phone and the Blackphone (these names are hilarious) might actually be good for BlackBerry.

Whereas BlackBerry might have been hesitant to release truly secure messaging to the masses for fear of government harassment, now the market is beginning to make such things necessary in order to compete. The Boeing phone has the immediate problem of not being a consumer phone, and will face the same challenges that BlackBerry has faced in recent years, as people will still find having two phones a bit annoying.

Likewise, with Blackphone offering encrypted messaging, BlackBerry can offer the same, and hopefully better, without being centred out.

To keep this somewhat on topic, I'm a bit concerned that without some really promising decisions regarding BBM and various other things, we may begin to stagnate a bit. I think we need some great news or announcement of some sort of very exciting service in order to tie us over until the Z3 launch, which I hope for goodness' sake gets some proper marketing and sensible pricing. I think BBM news and improvements would be the most likely thing to help out right now.

I don't think governments would allow this. As you said, Boeing and Black phone won't be sold to the masses. BlackBerry is selling affordable phones to consumers and they've been in trouble before due to governments trying to shut down BIS / BBM (India for example).

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 07:36 AM
    I do tend to agree that governments won't want us to have the luxury of private conversations, but they might prefer us to have secure communications through a company that will cooperate with their legal requests for data, as opposed to any messaging service - one created by anarchists or something - that won't. I suppose it depends on how the technology progresses over the next few years.

Somebody is going to offer it, and if that's so it may as well be BlackBerry that does it first.

_dimi_ and bungaboy like this.
    03-02-14 08:10 AM
    This is OT for After-Hours, but with an interesting opinion and general POV (Point Of View) read on the Value of a "Like" for Facebook.

Facebook Fraud?

Enjoy the weekend, I'm presently struggling making some changes with a new Windows 8 computer ?/# !&!!!
    Corbu, _dimi_, sidhuk and 6 others like this.
    03-02-14 08:29 AM
    What?!

Positive press in the mainstream US media? And no, it wasn't published on April 1st, but yesterday! Good to see...

BlackBerry, hot? Yes — here’s how they did it

BlackBerry, hot? Yes �€” here�€™s how they did it | New York Post
    Last edited by Corbu; 03-02-14 at 01:32 PM.
    03-02-14 08:30 AM
    This is OT for After-Hours, but with an interesting opinion and general POV (Point Of View) read on the Value of a "Like" for Facebook.

Facebook Fraud?

Enjoy the weekend, I'm presently struggling making some changes with a new Windows 8 computer ?/# !&!!!
    Good luck with that, rarsen!
    03-02-14 08:32 AM
    This!

sidhuk, Corbu, zyben and 3 others like this.
    03-02-14 08:34 AM

Facebook Fraud?

Nice OT post. Interesting view of facebook revenue.
    Windows 8 is quite frustrating, isn't it? I just find it so weird that it flips between two graphical interfaces.

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk, bungaboy and rarsen like this.
    03-02-14 08:59 AM
    This is OT

Windows 8 is most frustrating. Latest update made some things simpler. But ugggggggggggg. Drives me nuts.

bungaboy, zyben, georg4BB and 1 others like this.
    03-02-14 09:03 AM
    What?!

Positive press in the mainstream US media? And no, it wasn't published on April 1st, but yesterday! Good to see...
    Also from that edition of the New York Post:

No typo

Talk about a black market!

The lawsuit between BlackBerry and Ryan Seacrest�s Typo keyboard for iPhone has made the sought-after device difficult to find on store shelves, but some Tinseltown talent agents love the device so much they�re willing to spring triple the price on eBay. Typos retail at $99.
    03-02-14 09:08 AM
    I too am a shareholder and you cannot pry this Q10 from my hands!!!!

Posted via CB10
    rarsen, sidhuk, bungaboy and 2 others like this.
    03-02-14 09:21 AM
    Thought I would post a simple chart of BBRY so that you can see where we have come from:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-chart-march-2-2014.png

We are seeing a solid uptrend channel develop here, we have broken out of a down-trending line that held us back and now we are basing out for a rally. The downside is only $ 9.60/shr and the upside is $ 14.00/shr so buying at these levels isn't such a bad idea. I know that we have Q4 numbers ahead of us and that they won't look pretty, but clearly, Funds are looking beyond Q4 and into Q2 2015 for a sense of bottoming out here. I placed my second purchase at $ 9.90/shr/US and just missed on Friday, this number is a bit high if you think the stock can drop back to full support here but I feel like Friday's trade was more to do with end of Month and Quarter squaring by Funds and that we can pop from here. Now the world is looking at a possible war here so the stock market might not want to hold up well during these times but BBRY is looking good anytime it is below $ 10.00/shr. It was only a few weeks ago that some were thinking the stock could be heading for the low $ 8.00's and that just doesn't look like a possibility here. A very interesting channel is developing and we are at the low end of it now.
    03-02-14 10:06 AM
    What?!

BlackBerry, hot? Yes — here’s how they did it | New York Post
    This to me is the first truly positive article I have read because they acknowledge the advanced tech that is BB10.

This is the sort of article that changes perception. The sad part I suppose is it took them a year to acknowledge that BB10 is in fact technologically excellent.

CB10'n it via da Z
    03-02-14 11:14 AM
    Hey Morgan,

How bad do you really think are next earnings will be. I'm fine as long as we don't see more huge write downs

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 11:24 AM
    Hey Morgan,

How bad do you really think are next earnings will be. I'm fine as long as we don't see more huge write downs

Posted via CB10
    Chen just has to say, " we are done with CORE now". The stock will open up $ 2.00/shr higher and go from there. The world awaits the news that CORE is over, that BBRY has found its footing and that the company will not be going under anytime soon. So the next Q4 could be ugly as their revenues aren't stabilizing and their costs are still climbing here. If they can preserve $ 2.0 B in cash and have some one time gains in sales of real estate and tax benefits.on top of that, the stock is at $ 14.00/shr. I see all of this happening by June of this year, with the market discounting 6 months out, BBRY will be able to maintain its channel. It isn't a small feat to absorb an additional 125 MM shares so this $ 10.00 mark is the toughest thing for BBRY to handle right now. We'll see what Chen has to say soon, his words will drive the price of the stock not the results of Q4.
    kfh227, W Hoa, Corbu and 9 others like this.
    03-02-14 11:36 AM
    Chen just has to say, " we are done with CORE now". The stock will open up $ 2.00/shr higher and go from there. The world awaits the news that CORE is over, that BBRY has found its footing and that the company will not be going under anytime soon. So the next Q4 could be ugly as their revenues aren't stabilizing and their costs are still climbing here. If they can preserve $ 2.0 B in cash and have some one time gains in sales of real estate and tax benefits.on top of that, the stock is at $ 14.00/shr. I see all of this happening by June of this year, with the market discounting 6 months out, BBRY will be able to maintain its channel. It isn't a small feat to absorb an additional 125 MM shares so this $ 10.00 mark is the toughest thing for BBRY to handle right now. We'll see what Chen has to say soon, his words will drive the price of the stock not the results of Q4.
    Sorry what do you mean by CORE?

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 11:51 AM
113,250 ... 24652466246724682469 ...