View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Still holding above 10. Bulls will have a field day tomorrow.

Posted via CB10
    LoL were you on the "Jockey Club". Better luck next time.
    sidhuk likes this.
    02-28-14 11:08 AM
    If BBRY goes to $10 or lower, I am getting back in. I did not expect it to take a nose dive this soon.
    02-28-14 11:23 AM
    BBM’s next release will increase file transfer limit to 16MB and will support multi-person chat photo sharing

BBM's next release will increase file transfer limit to 16MB and will support multi-person chat photo sharing - BlackBerry Empire
    Superfly_FR, sidhuk, jxnb and 2 others like this.
    02-28-14 11:28 AM
    Odebrecht Purchasing 3500 BlackBerry 10 Smartphones for Operations in Brazil

Odebrecht announced today that Odebrecht will be purchasing 3,500 BlackBerry 10 smartphones, a mix of BlackBerry Z10 and BlackBerry Q5 models during the first year of contract. The company has also decided to deploy the BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 (BES10) EMM solution to manage and secure the smartphones.

Odebrecht, a Brazilian organization with global presence with more than 190,000 employees and 41,5 billion dollars in revenues in 2012 has decided to upgrade their mobile communications to BlackBerry 10 devices and BES10 as it was their best option considering BlackBerry is in a class of its own when it comes to security.

See full announcement:

Sao Paulo, Brazil � BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ: BBRY; TSX: BB), a world leader in mobile communications, and Odebrecht, a Brazilian organization with global presence with more than 190,000 employees and 41,5 billion dollars in revenues in 2012, announced today that Odebrecht will be purchasing 3,500 BlackBerry� 10 smartphones, a mix of BlackBerry� Z10 and BlackBerry� Q5 models during the first year of contract. The company has also decided to deploy the BlackBerry� Enterprise Service 10 (BES10) EMM solution to manage and secure the smartphones.

Odebrecht�s choice was based on one of BlackBerry�s most crucial differentiators: security. �BlackBerry 10 smartphones and BES10 provide the security and reliability we need for our daily operations,� said Odebrecht�s CIO Andre Schneiter. �In addition, BlackBerry Balance technology offers great flexibility and privacy to our executives, which was also a decisive factor.�

Odebrecht needed a solution that would meet the company�s demanding requirements for information security. BES10 is designed to meet corporate requirements in regulated industries and government, and was the best solution for Odebrecht with their on-premise email servers and requirements for a high level of IT controls. With unique functionality like BlackBerry� Balance� technology, corporate and personal data are kept separated, with Odebrecht able to secure and manage the corporate data on a user�s BlackBerry 10 smartphone. In addition, users can run personal applications in their personal space but are prevented from sharing corporate data with personal contacts, which provides more thorough protection for the business.

�At BlackBerry, our goal is to provide customers like Odebrecht with a secure mobile platform that helps employees be productive and connected to their business. BlackBerry is recognized as the most secure enterprise mobility management solution on the market and it allows organizations to separate and secure a user�s personal content from work data,� explained Wes Nicol, Regional Managing Director for Latin America at BlackBerry. �This implementation is the direct result of a well-planned, collective effort. We worked hand in hand with Odebrecht to identify the company�s security and communication needs.�

Founded in 1944, Odebrecht is a Brazilian organization with global presence. Leader in the engineering, construction, chemical and petrochemical industry in Latin America is also active in the bioenergy, environmental engineering, defense, real estate, oil and gas, marine, transportation and logistics industry. Present in 26 countries, the organization has more than 190 thousands of professionals from 70 different nationalities and exports products and services to more than 70 countries on five continents. More information can be found at Odebrecht.

Odebrecht Purchasing 3500 BlackBerry 10 Smartphones for Operations in Brazil - BlackBerry Empire
    02-28-14 11:36 AM
    190k employees and only ordering 3.5k of devices? Let's hope this is just a first batch....

Posted via swift BlackBerry Z30!
    02-28-14 11:45 AM
    If BBRY goes to $10 or lower, I am getting back in. I did not expect it to take a nose dive this soon.
    I have a limit buy order set at $10.
    02-28-14 11:50 AM
    190k employees and only ordering 3.5k of devices? Let's hope this is just a first batch....

During the first year of the contract.

Makes sense to do a staggered roll out.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-14 11:53 AM

During the first year of the contract.

Makes sense to do a staggered roll out.

Posted via CB10
    It's also another big win for BES10!
    dusdal and bungaboy like this.
    02-28-14 11:55 AM
    Hmm, maybe averaging down a bit again. As it hits 10.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-14 11:56 AM
    Look like the gap has been filled.
    02-28-14 12:17 PM
    ummmmm.
    Morgan asked for $10.10
    thats why.
    LoL
    LoL, it did hit $10.06
    02-28-14 12:18 PM
    "BlackBerry has provided multi-platform OS management for nearly 2 years now, so let’s put that to rest. Good Technology may talk about 5,000 customers but with 30,000 new BES10 servers installed in the past year alone, I’d argue that we’re the ones getting the calls from customers. ... We’re fully transparent with our customers about what they get from us; our new pricing structure is crystal clear and most importantly, unlike other companies, when we say something is free, we mean that it’s free."
    BlackBerry CEO says Good is not good enough when it comes to security | CrackBerry.com
    Corbu, jxnb, 3_M4N and 8 others like this.
    02-28-14 12:34 PM
    here here. from BGR. cant believe this guy
    Apple has the size, Google has the momentum, but the smart money has been on BlackBerry in 2014
    BlackBerry Vs Apple, Google and Microsoft: Stock Price 2014 comparison | BGR
    jxnb, bungaboy, rarsen and 2 others like this.
    02-28-14 01:28 PM
    Scaling back in around here.
    02-28-14 02:04 PM
    Scaling back in around here.
    I'm still looking to buy my block back at $ 9.90/shr, I'll leave it there for the balance of the day. Plenty of stocks getting creamed today. I lowered my purchase price thinking we'll do a bit of TA damage if we close down here. We'll see. GL
    Bacon Munchers likes this.
    02-28-14 02:09 PM
    Yup. Was counting on Max Pain today seeing as the gap to close was only few cents away from wiping out tons of calls. Still holding a big cash reserve in case we dip on some knee jerk news.

I'm still looking to buy my block back at $ 9.90/shr, I'll leave it there for the balance of the day. Plenty of stocks getting creamed today. I lowered my purchase price thinking we'll do a bit of TA damage if we close down here. We'll see. GL
    morganplus8 likes this.
    02-28-14 02:12 PM
    OT

Hey Morgan, just wondering if you invest in the oil industry and if you do i'd be curious to hear your thoughts on Ithaca Energy.

Thanks in advance.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-14 02:13 PM
    I have a limit buy order set at $10.
    Checked and just got filled.
    morganplus8 and JLagoon like this.
    02-28-14 02:14 PM
    OT

Hey Morgan, just wondering if you invest in the oil industry and if you do i'd be curious to hear your thoughts on Ithaca Energy.

Thanks in advance.

Posted via CB10
    That's a little guy, I'll post about it on the OT later. Don't want to mess with BBRY thoughts right now.
    02-28-14 02:21 PM
    thats enough for today kids. lol
    02-28-14 02:21 PM
    Good grief, so many great deals!
    I wish I had more money in all of my accounts to buy more stocks, lol. When everyone is running it is the season of buying

morganplus8, bungaboy and rarsen like this.
    02-28-14 02:22 PM
    Love this post/news.
    ?We?re the ones getting the calls from customers.? - BB CEO John Chen retaliates against another ?ditch your BlackBerry? offer
    Since taking the rudder at BlackBerry last year, John Chen has established himself as a confident, outspoken leader with strict character. He is chiefly seen boasting about BBM, plotting strategies, unveiling new phones, and arguing with other CEOs who publicly depreciate the company with their practices - intentionally or not. So far, his forthright delivery hasn't failed to provoke a desired change.

Not long after he made T-Mobile amend its BB-undermining promotion, Chen once again stood up to secure his company's image. This time, it's Good Technology's good-lookin' CEO, Christy Wyatt, that grinds his gears. In January, the enterprise mobility firm began to offer free-with-a-catch migration to its software suite for BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES) users. Now, we might be missing some of the finer details here, but the short recap is that, as BlackBerry's situation looked particularly bleak in the end of 2013, those customers felt that being tied to maintenance contracts for a "burning platform" wasn't in their best interest. Switching to another solution, however, would pile in the cost of early termination fees, in addition to that of the switch.

Another important reason, cited by Wyatt at MWC 2014, is BES's inability to manage devices other than legacy BlackBerry phones and tablets. This puzzled us quite a bit, as it's a false claim. BES10, which adds support for Android, iOS, and Windows Phone, was announced in early 2013, together with BB10, related phones, and RIM's name change to BlackBerry. Furthermore, at this year's MWC, the Canadian company introduced BES 12, which covers old and new devices of different platforms. What we're able to deduce so far is that Good Mobility's customers are still running BES5, which is an older, Berries-only solution. And only their IT execs know why they would opt for a wholly different solution over an upgrade to BES10.

Commenting on Good's migration offer, Mrs. Wyatt expressed good intentions towards serving customers without libeling BlackBerry - "This isn't about 'let's kick them when they're down'.", she said in an interview. Regardless, her reasoning, along with Good's promotion itself, pretty much came off as a "BlackBerry can't manage other devices, so have our software for free!" proposal. Good's promotion page for contact also claims that "Good provides the only secure mobility solution for iOS, Android and Windows Phone", which is yet another false claim, as we explained above.

Obviously, John Chen cannot let the competition get away with such behavior. Riding high on the announcements of its new phones and BES12, Chen seized the opportunity, and penned a rebuttal for a blog post, titled "Good is not Good Enough". “BlackBerry has provided multi-platform OS management for nearly 2 years now, so let’s put that to rest." - laconically proclaimed the CEO, before reaching for the salt-shaker. "Good Technology may talk about 5,000 customers but with 30,000 new BES10 servers installed in the past year alone, I’d argue that we’re the ones getting the calls from customers.”

John Chen also took a good swing at Good's pricing plan, which offers BES users to migrate for free - but only until June 30, after which a timed subscription contract comes into force. Meanwhile, BlackBerry gives its loyal customers free MDM perpetual licenses for BES10 via its EZPass program. “We’re fully transparent with our customers about what they get from us; our new pricing structure is crystal clear and most importantly, unlike other companies, when we say something is free, we mean that it’s free.” Good sport!
    Last edited by BergerKing; 03-01-14 at 01:45 AM. Reason: Added QUOTE code.
    zyben, morganplus8, Corbu and 8 others like this.
    02-28-14 02:35 PM
    Weekly options end right on the $10 strike.
    02-28-14 03:00 PM
    Damn I hope we start moving upward soon, like others have said a lot of bargains but we need to see $12!! OT bought HALO calls today for cheap im thinking there would be a nice bounce before march 22 expiry
    morganplus8, Corbu and rarsen like this.
    02-28-14 03:09 PM
    Weekly options end right on the $10 strike.
    All it took was 5 million shares trading in the final 30 minutes of an otherwise low volume day. Some people play a different game than this humble investor.
    02-28-14 03:13 PM
113,256 ... 24632464246524662467 ...