View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    There was a comment made from a SA article BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY) news: BlackBerry: Pent Up Good News - Seeking Alpha
    saying there will be no fee or cost for people to switch to BES10. From what I read this is inaccurate because from another article blackberry said it is offering a no fee/cost to clients who have switched away from BB as a incentive to return, can someone confirm this?
    02-27-14 02:08 PM
    Just wait until the next report and i bet we see the short interest under 75 million
    Not so sure of that. BBRY has risen here quite a bit. Shorts don't have to hate a stock or a long term story, just think the stock is ahead of itself. Not saying BBRY is, but its year to date performance has been about 30% above the NASDAQ and 60% over the last 3 months. Those kind of numbers alone will get the short's interest. I don't and won't ever short a stock, but if something is outperforming the market by 60%, then thinking it might level off is not a ridiculous short thought .
    bungaboy and 3_M4N like this.
    02-27-14 02:11 PM
    here, some African market studied.
    A world where people still dream of new BlackBerry
    Thanks Sid, beat me to it.

Can't wait til they launch the Foxconn devices in this market. Is the Z3 slated for Africa after the Indonesian launch ?
    This is an excellent opportunity for this sub 200 device.

A snippet from the article.

"BlackBerry will continue to meet the needs of users across fast-growing markets, including those in Africa, as figures show the continent's mobile market is expected to reach 1 billion users by 2015 "
    bungaboy, sidhuk and rarsen like this.
    02-27-14 02:20 PM
    Not so sure of that. BBRY has risen here quite a bit. Shorts don't have to hate a stock or a long term story, just think the stock is ahead of itself. Not saying BBRY is, but its year to date performance has been about 30% above the NASDAQ and 60% over the last 3 months. Those kind of numbers alone will get the short's interest. I don't and won't ever short a stock, but if something is outperforming the market by 60%, then thinking it might level off is not a ridiculous short thought .
    Could it not be ahead of the market bc of short covering ? and realistically how can a stock get ahead of itself if it trading under book value. The more the light we see at the end of the tunnel blackberry will trade closer and closer to book value and i dont see that as getting ahead of itself. Anything after book value with no eps then you can say itself getting ahead of itself aka TWITTER
    La Emperor and bungaboy like this.
    02-27-14 02:29 PM
    Thanks Sid, beat me to it.

Can't wait til they launch the Foxconn devices in this market. Is the Z3 slated for Africa after the Indonesian launch ?
    This is an excellent opportunity for this sub 200 device.
    South Africa was said to be shortly after the Indo launch in April.

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk, rarsen, bungaboy and 1 others like this.
    02-27-14 02:33 PM
    "Sync 1 and 2 was done with Microsoft but we are not married with them. For us, it's a supplier, so every time we keep evaluating is it the right partner," he said.

That doesn't mean that Microsoft is out and that BlackBerry's QNX is in, though: "That is a rumor. What we are in the process of, we are spec'ing out our requirements for the next generation: what we want to do, what features we want to add, what functionality. Then you go through a normal supply selection process. Those requirements for the next generation get sent out to everybody, to Microsoft, to Apple, to everybody, and they come back with offers... We go to evaluation and make a choice and that choice hasn't been made yet."
    Ford 'not married' to Microsoft for next-gen Sync, but BlackBerry isn't necessarily in | Mobile - CNET News

So while they might pick QNX, they aren't actually past the specification stage yet...
    02-27-14 02:36 PM
    Ford 'not married' to Microsoft for next-gen Sync, but BlackBerry isn't necessarily in | Mobile - CNET News

So while they might pick QNX, they aren't actually past the specification stage yet...
    I think is this a pretty obv pick lol. No one wants there car to be ran by Android lol unless you want your brakes hacked or download a bad app and your car wont start lol. They could pick Apple butwe all know there OS can run on any chip set or hardware that isnt top of the line so that would be pretty expensive for hard to implement in every car. Then there is microsoft with there expensive licensing costs and not to mention well sync 1 and 2 suck and it was microsoft. Thats why they are looking else where now. Last but not least you have QNX , licensing fees are prop the lowest of the 4 and the performance if better then any of the others. Not to mention you can run it on some low spec hardware oh and its secure.

Take your pic Ford
    rarsen and bungaboy like this.
    02-27-14 02:44 PM
    @OMG, not that I disagree with your comment here, but why is it that companies such us; AMZN, TSLA, NFLX, ICPT, and more just keep going up like crazy and shorts don't attack them as much as BBRY, AMD, etc...

Posted via swift BlackBerry Z30!
    02-27-14 02:45 PM
    shorts did attack those companies and they ended up getting a bad surprise
    sidhuk, rarsen, bungaboy and 1 others like this.
    02-27-14 02:50 PM
    shorts did attack those companies and they ended up getting a bad surprise
    well take one look at any of those companies PE and you will notice they are way over valued they are valued at growth for the next 1000 years lol. Once any of thoses companies growth start to slow down you will see the short army on then aswell.
    02-27-14 02:54 PM
    There was a comment made from a SA article BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY) news: BlackBerry: Pent Up Good News - Seeking Alpha
    saying there will be no fee or cost for people to switch to BES10. From what I read this is inaccurate because from another article blackberry said it is offering a no fee/cost to clients who have switched away from BB as a incentive to return, can someone confirm this?
    Hi Slipstream, here's the language:

BBRY2460_Social_LinkedIn_InMail_WebBannerWe are pleased to announce new pricing and licensing for BlackBerry� Enterprise Service 10 (BES10). Today we are also launching �EZ Pass�, a new promotional program that allows customers to deploy BES10 at no cost when upgrading from earlier generations of BlackBerry�s mobile device management (MDM) platforms or migrating from other MDM vendors.

EZ Pass makes it easier to take advantage of BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 | Inside BlackBerry for Business Blog
    bungaboy and slipstream89 like this.
    02-27-14 02:55 PM
    @OMG, not that I disagree with your comment here, but why is it that companies such us; AMZN, TSLA, NFLX, ICPT, and more just keep going up like crazy and shorts don't attack them as much as BBRY, AMD, etc...

They do, and continue to do so. Unfortunately, they continue to surprise and the shorts continue to get screwed. TSLA had a short interest of 33%.
    rarsen and Bacon Munchers like this.
    02-27-14 03:11 PM
    OT - since its after hours. For those holding onto $HALO the earnings report is out: Halozyme Reports Fourth Quarter And Year End 2013 Financial Results - Seeking Alpha

Halozyme Therapeutics, Inc. (HALO): Q4 EPS of -$0.19 misses by $0.02.
    Revenue of $12.5M (-42.6% Y/Y) misses by $3.89M.

Morgan - thoughts?
    rarsen, sidhuk, Corbu and 1 others like this.
    02-27-14 03:25 PM

Both TSLA and NFLX can attribute their current SP to shorts covering. Of course they had to show good numbers, but both had big short floats. TSLA is still going.
    02-27-14 04:23 PM
    Both TSLA and NFLX can attribute their current SP to shorts covering. Of course they had to show good numbers, but both had big short floats. TSLA is still going.
    So is NFLX lol. God. I declined to buy at around $50 a little over a year ago
    02-27-14 04:28 PM
    I bought BBRY last November.

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    02-27-14 04:34 PM
    Tons of info from Sims

http://m.cnet.com/news/the-monetized...f-bbm/57619660

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 05:29 PM
    Tons of info from Sims

http://m.cnet.com/news/the-monetized...f-bbm/57619660

Posted via CB10
    Bbm money is how you get 1 Billion people on a common IM platform.

Posted via CB10
    dusdal, morganplus8, Corbu and 3 others like this.
    02-27-14 05:40 PM
    OT - since its after hours. For those holding onto $HALO the earnings report is out: Halozyme Reports Fourth Quarter And Year End 2013 Financial Results - Seeking Alpha

Morgan - thoughts?
    I'll take a stab. HALO is about potential not one quarter. They didn't miss by much either. The -6% after hours will recover over the next week. I'm holding calls and I was thinking about selling out today and then buying back in after the ER. Ah well. Can't guess right all the time.
    bungaboy, sidhuk and Corbu like this.
    02-27-14 06:05 PM
    If this BBM money becomes real, it will be very big.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 06:29 PM

Morgan - thoughts?
    Sorry for the delay, I missed the Webcast and had to call it up and listen to it. Torley didn't play her cards on future events and I think many were hoping she had additional in formation on their Cancer programs. As for revenues, they don't mean anything at this time, give them one more quarter to get some royalties in the mix and a full quarter of revenues to the bottom line. This company isn't about its financials, its all about their Hy20 program and how that is developing. I would wait patiently for her update on clinical results for CONSISTENT 1, HALO's late-stage insulin pump study with Hylenex and for HTI-501 in cellulite. We get that information in the next 4 weeks and this along with an FDA conclusion is what will drive the stock price. I have to listen to the Webcast again but I came away thiking big money likes the results, retail investors wanted more, I think that Torley is holding her best news for a later date here and that we will likely see some shares shift from weak hands or traders to the Funds for the next Q report. I'm neutral on the report as she really didn't give much away in her conversation.
    rarsen, Corbu, sidhuk and 4 others like this.
    02-27-14 06:41 PM
    Sorry for the delay, I missed the Webcast and had to call it up and listen to it. Torley didn't play her cards on future events and I think many were hoping she had additional in formation on their Cancer programs. As for revenues, they don't mean anything at this time, give them one more quarter to get some royalties in the mix and a full quarter of revenues to the bottom line. This company isn't about its financials, its all about their Hy20 program and how that is developing. I would wait patiently for her update on clinical results for CONSISTENT 1, HALO's late-stage insulin pump study with Hylenex and for HTI-501 in cellulite. We get that information in the next 4 weeks and this along with an FDA conclusion is what will drive the stock price. I have to listen to the Webcast again but I came away thiking big money likes the results, retail investors wanted more, I think that Torley is holding her best news for a later date here and that we will likely see some shares shift from weak hands or traders to the Funds for the next Q report. I'm neutral on the report as she really didn't give much away in her conversation.
    I think some were disappointed over Torley feeling like she was reading off a script vs being more like Frost on the call. In the end, imo, she was brought in to make a deal and that she will do.
    02-27-14 07:05 PM
    I think some were disappointed over Torley feeling like she was reading off a script vs being more like Frost on the call. In the end, imo, she was brought in to make a deal and that she will do.
    I totally agree with you regarding the script part but to be honest here, that wasn't her quarter. She had nothing to do with the direction the company was going in at that time, nor did she control the financials. She was hired to promote HALO to large suitors, that's her thing. I didn't expect anything from this report, she will talk about her accomplishments in due time. The next Q will be entirely different. March should be a good month to clear things up.
    leafs123, Corbu, rarsen and 1 others like this.
    02-27-14 07:23 PM

You are only looking now. Netflix and Tesla were heavily shorted and by professionals and they got creamed. Green Mountain Roasters too. Its a tough way to play the market and I love it when shorts get creamed
    02-27-14 07:42 PM
    You are only looking now. Netflix and Tesla were heavily shorted and by professionals and they got creamed. Green Mountain Roasters too. Its a tough way to play the market and I love it when shorts get creamed
    Green Mountain still has a healthy short float. I was quite surprised to see that many left after the news.

Posted via CB10
    OMGitworks likes this.
    02-27-14 07:46 PM
113,256 ... 24612462246324642465 ...