427 37.82%
    My opinion of devices to come out in the next 12-16 months

Z3
    Q20
    Slider
    Z50
    Q30
    Playbook 2
    Even though I came from a 9810 slider, and really liked it, to Z10 then Z30 I don't think they will bring out a new slider.
    ibpluto and sidhuk like this.
    02-27-14 09:42 AM
    Even though I came from a 9810 slider, and really liked it, to Z10 then Z30 I don't think they will bring out a new slider.
    Who says it has to be a traditional slider.
    02-27-14 09:50 AM
    Who says it has to be a traditional slider.
    ME! LoL
    Corbu, sidhuk and Bacon Munchers like this.
    02-27-14 09:56 AM
    I'd get a tablet if it was high resolution and under $200.

Otherwise no. I don't buy expensive tablets. I wait for them to get cheap.

Posted via CB10
    ibpluto and sidhuk like this.
    02-27-14 09:56 AM

Posted via CB10
    With the foxconn deal i think we would see a someone cheap tablet if we do see one
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    02-27-14 09:57 AM

Posted via CB10
    I'm same as you. Even the highest end tablet is still very much limited as a mobile computer (exception of MS surface pro ....but it's really pricey), so I see no reason to spend the money on it. I also like the 7-8" form factor better. There are still some Galaxy tab3 7.0's hanging about (at Best buys as an eg.)that you can grab for $150. Perfect little toy to play around with IMO
    02-27-14 10:35 AM
    Hum?

Short interest in BlackBerry Ltd. (NASDAQ: BBRY) rose 1% in the first two weeks of February to a total of 94.51 million shares, or 19.4% of BlackBerry's float. Days to cover is five for this highly volatile stock. Short sellers are being cautious with this one, as every little snippet of good sends the shares higher. Go figure. Shares closed at $10.33, in a 52-week range of $5.44 to $16.82. BlackBerry's share price dropped more than 8% in the two-week period.
    02-27-14 10:49 AM
    Hum?
    And that's the thing I am afraid of. These numbers are there convincingly and I don't expect these to be just normal stock buyers IMO.
    Historically, shorts knew more than longs. That's one of the reason I am reluctant to add more shares. Can any one else comment on this?

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    ibpluto and Bacon Munchers like this.
    02-27-14 10:53 AM
    It looks like that Ford deal is not quite finished, if at all as per this article : http://arstechnica.com/information-t...next-sync-yet/

I'm actually shocked that Bloomberg would have printed something that's not quite true, not!

Posted via swift BlackBerry Z30!
    georg4BB likes this.
    02-27-14 11:06 AM
    And that's the thing I am afraid of. These numbers are there convincingly and I don't expect these to be just normal stock buyers IMO.
    Historically, shorts knew more than longs. That's one of the reason I am reluctant to add more shares. Can any one else comment on this?

Just wait until the next report and i bet we see the short interest under 75 million
    02-27-14 11:42 AM

With so many executives having left BlackBerry (or been asked to leave) since John Chen took leadership, maybe 'souce' (or mole) that was relaying info to shorts is gone!!

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 11:44 AM

Posted via CB10
    We don't have to get an expensive one, that's even the point (and the reason they gave up PB, IMHO): give it miracast/BT/wifiDirect/mirorlink or whatever and we're happy campers with a peripheral (screen) accessory as cheap than $100 or even less !
    Make M2M real.
    02-27-14 12:01 PM
    This is pretty cool:

Published on Feb 26, 2014

This is an automated air hockey table I built as part of a BlackBerry Hackathon. (I work for Blackberry/TAT Sweden)

The setup has a BlackBerry Z30 mounted above the table. The Z30 uses its camera to detect the puck (based on the colour) and move the "Goalie" to the correct position.

The goalie is controlled via Bluetooth with an Arduino. The code is based on the "BestCamera" app and the "R�ck2000" demo app. All that the Arduino does is switch the arm left/right/off using an H bridge. The Z30 takes care of all the rest.

02-27-14 12:19 PM
    BlackBerry Ltd. needs to cut costs at a much faster pace than it currently plans if it wants to eke out a profit, according to a new report from Raymond James analyst Steven Li.

The struggling smartphone and services company is currently targeting operating expenditures of $2-billion a year by fiscal 2015 following a restructuring.

BlackBerry�s partnership with Foxconn should make it break-even on hardware sooner, but Mr. Li estimates the company still needs to cut another 40% to hit $1.2-billion a year in operating expenses in order to earn about 20� in earnings per share.
    BlackBerry Ltd may need further cuts to break even | Financial Post

Thoughts?
    02-27-14 12:26 PM
    He seems to be fishing for info.. like us :-)

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8 likes this.
    02-27-14 12:34 PM
    This is pretty cool:

Published on Feb 26, 2014

This is an automated air hockey table I built as part of a BlackBerry Hackathon. (I work for Blackberry/TAT Sweden)

The setup has a BlackBerry Z30 mounted above the table. The Z30 uses its camera to detect the puck (based on the colour) and move the "Goalie" to the correct position.

The goalie is controlled via Bluetooth with an Arduino. The code is based on the "BestCamera" app and the "R�ck2000" demo app. All that the Arduino does is switch the arm left/right/off using an H bridge. The Z30 takes care of all the rest.

LoL, the cold hard winter can make you do anything.
    bungaboy and Superfly_FR like this.
    02-27-14 12:36 PM
    Here's an example of what's wrong with Blackberry.

I got a buddy who works at a major financial institution and they're evaluating BES10. This is a log of conversation with Blackberry tech support. (Names, Time redacted).

BBBB = Blackberry Tech Person
    XXXX = Client

February 24, 2014 from BlackBerry BBBB to All Participants: XXXX I am sorry I got another call please give us a call back for further support. Thanks

February 24, 2014 from XXXX to All Participants: I just flipped it back to SHA1 on both Certificate authority side and on the BES10 and its still failing to activate

February 24, 2014 from XXXX to All Participants: uhm, we're not done here.

February 24, 2014 from BBBB to All Participants: the case number is YYYYYYYYY

February 24, 2014 from XXXX to All Participants: I'd like to get escalted as this is a production issue.

February 24, 2014 from BBBB to All Participants: there we have the notes about it

February 24, 2014 from BBBB to All Participants: I am sorry sr
    [END]

Edit: Correction, they're not evaluating, this is in full production and they have a paid support contract with Blackberry.
    02-27-14 12:38 PM
    Doesnt really add to much to the mix here. As you can see the SP hasnt moved lol
    02-27-14 12:43 PM
    LoL, the cold hard winter can make you do anything.
    Indeed. Apparently he used the motor of a BMW windshield wiper arm to build his opponent.
    sidhuk, bungaboy and rarsen like this.
    02-27-14 12:46 PM
    He seems to be fishing for info.. like us :-)

Posted via CB10
    These 'experts' don't know a damn thing. Didn't Citibank put a target price on BlackBerry of about $3 just before the stock headed $7 in the other direction? These guys are always calculating based on fixed variables that are bound to change.

What BlackBerry need to bloody well do is price this Z3 low enough to sell so that the next flagships aren't facing any drag when they launch. That would be my plan for the Z3. Sell it for a penny if you have to (hyperbole) but make it sell so that the rock star phones aren't bottlenecked by stupid sales staff saying that no one wants BlackBerry phones anymore. If BlackBerry can break the back of the 'BlackBerry is dead' chanters we won't need to worry about cutting anything or listening to boring analyses by these hopeless experts.

Join the Cause @ BlackBerry Bootleg Marketing Channel - C003483F4
    zyben, Corbu, W Hoa and 4 others like this.
    02-27-14 12:51 PM
    My opinion of devices to come out in the next 12-16 months

Z3
    Q20
    Slider
    Z50
    Q30
    Playbook 2
    I think you've nailed it, in the correct order. I however, see at least one "prestige" model coming out in there as well. Most people criticize BlackBerry for the Porsche phones, I would personally love to see a whole line of them. Talk about catering to the people with power and money. Not to mention brand valuing!
    02-27-14 01:06 PM
    02-27-14 01:08 PM
    I think you've nailed it, in the correct order. I however, see at least one "prestige" model coming out in there as well. Most people criticize BlackBerry for the Porsche phones, I would personally love to see a whole line of them. Talk about catering to the people with power and money. Not to mention brand valuing!
    Ye i can see a prestige model of one of the above models but i didnt think to mention that because it doesnt really add anything.
    02-27-14 01:09 PM
    Still holding above 10. Bulls will have a field day tomorrow.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 01:18 PM
    here, some African market studied.
    A world where people still dream of new BlackBerry
    bungaboy, W Hoa, zyben and 5 others like this.
    02-27-14 01:44 PM
113,250 ... 24602461246224632464 ...