View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    My apologies, it was meant to make you guys smile.
    Glad to hear you made it back safe and sound.
    Lol.

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    No buddy it's all good really . I have been giving her a hard time about Regina for the past week. No need to say sorry, we goof around like this 24 x 7
    sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    02-26-14 10:36 PM
    Can someone check other sources to confirm the following statement:
    --The Canadian smartphone maker just announced a new contract with the Pentagon to provide 80,000 new BlackBerry phones to Department of Defense employees in a rollout that began January 31, meaning it�s still far and away the provider of choice when it comes to U.S. secure government agencies.--
    Boeing Black Secure Smartphone Hits The FCC, Aims To Be The Next BlackBerry | TechCrunch
    02-26-14 11:45 PM
    Morgan, JLagoon, and others who enjoy technical analysis... thought this perspective from Marketwatch would be of interest.

Could the Stock of the Year be BlackBerry?

First, the stock is very close to the longer-term resistance level offered in our real-time trading report for the company, but there is a twist. Blackberry hit this longer-term resistance level earlier in the year, and normally we would expect support to be tested after resistance levels are tested, but that did not happen. Instead the stock retraced only moderately (not all the way to support) and then rebounded. Now, it sits very close to its longer-term resistance line again, but with that twist in mind, opportunities for potential investors also could surface.

By rule we are never buyers of stocks when they are testing longer-term resistance; we could only be buyers if resistance levels break higher. Thus far, BBRY has not broken longer-term resistance, so we cannot condone the stock as a buy for new investors here. But if it breaks above longer-term resistance, that will change. The twist that was explained above suggests this is very possible because when stocks retest resistance lines without testing support levels in between, breakout potential increases.

Regardless, our entry levels are much lower, and Blackberry is a stock that we believe in for 2014. If the company, with proper guidance from management, stays on track, we believe BBRY will prove us right and be the turnaround stock for 2014 by the time this year is over.
    No comment on my part, as I know extremely little about Technical Analysis beyond the rudiments, but would like to hear any thoughts.
    jxnb, bungaboy, rarsen and 1 others like this.
    02-27-14 12:37 AM
    --The Canadian smartphone maker just announced a new contract with the Pentagon to provide 80,000 new BlackBerry phones to Department of Defense employees in a rollout that began January 31, meaning it’s still far and away the provider of choice when it comes to U.S. secure government agencies.--
    Boeing Black Secure Smartphone Hits The FCC, Aims To Be The Next BlackBerry | TechCrunch
    It's news from end january and it's proven wrong. From the source of your source:
    According to the report, 80,000 new and old BlackBerry phones will be hooked up to the new system beginning January 31st, alongside just 1,800 iOS and Android devices combined.
    The 80,000 number relates to all devices (New iOS, legacy BB', etc.) which are hooked up to BES. No confirmation of new BB10 devices.
    02-27-14 03:23 AM
    --The Canadian smartphone maker just announced a new contract with the Pentagon to provide 80,000 new BlackBerry phones to Department of Defense employees in a rollout that began January 31, meaning it’s still far and away the provider of choice when it comes to U.S. secure government agencies.--
    It never happened.

If I were a betting man I would say Boeing has a better chance as these phones are all made by expensive UNION LABOR make the phone two to three times over what it should cost! At this price there is little doubt that the government will buy them! Supporting the unions at ALL COSTS is the priority in todays government procurement practices.
    02-27-14 06:23 AM
    I'm not saying you're wrong, but I can't see why they would HAVE to manufacture the phones in the US.

Join the Cause @ BlackBerry Bootleg Marketing Channel - C003483F4
    02-27-14 06:44 AM
    So finally BBM has got some attention in Germany - but not as I wanted: BBM Rated 'Very Critical' by German Stiftung Warentest. This rating is extremely important in Germany - just read the thread...
    sidhuk likes this.
    02-27-14 06:45 AM
    If one really analyzes this, it is a huge success-in-the-making for BlackBerry. Here is my biased take-away from what I have seen so far:

1) OS is A long way from being innovative enough for anyone outside of Korea to even bother.

2) Obvious inspirations from BB10; more so than Android; nice subliminal advertising for BB10.

3) Samsung burns money and reserves for a P.O.S. System that won't take flight.

4) This proves the poor relation between Samsung and Google that we have heard rumors of. (The enemy of my enemy...).

5)** Samsung will take a huge hit regarding public perception if they launch this. This opens the door even wider for the next nifty BlackBerry devices to make their appearance and grab some of the Samsung momentum (which BTW is flattening out).

Just MO.
    In the spirit of objectivity, it's probably best to point out that Tizen isn't Samsung owned and isn't based in Korea.

Tizen is like Android, Linux based open source code alliance. Samsung is one of the many parties involved in the project, which include Intel, Panasonic and numerous other OEMs and carriers.

Tizen is closer to Android than BB10. Can't see how that is "subliminal advertising" for BB10.

Lastly, Samsung has the financial resources far greater than any OEM out there and can push out many products quickly whether they're profitable or not. Look at the Gear watch. Just because they're demoing Tizen on a device, they're far from completely switching to Tizen over Android.
    rarsen likes this.
    02-27-14 06:48 AM
    Speaking of WA. Using phone numbers to create an ID can not work on non cellular devices. BBM has been and will be available across all devices as per chan. That includes but not limited to, cars, tablets, desktops etc. Tablet or wifi connected non cellular market is huge. It also gives XBBM the opportunity to allow transfer of large size files in the future. WA has to get in some sort of non phone number ID system if they want to compete across board.
    The BBM voice quality is so great that I try to avoid traditional calls if both parties have good wifi or cellular coverage. Voice calls using tablets or desktop using wifi or hard wired Internet connection would be unforgettable experience cause there are times that some people's voice sound more sweeter over bbm than in person. Lol.

bungaboy, Corbu and rarsen like this.
    02-27-14 06:57 AM
    So finally BBM has got some attention in Germany - but not as I wanted: BBM Rated 'Very Critical' by German Stiftung Warentest. This rating is extremely important in Germany - just read the thread...
    "It could not be clarified if BBM uses end to end encryption?"
    I have problem with their review if they started criticizing BBM with that line.

Here what Chan said yesterday.

?Nobody has a secure messaging infrastructure, and we?re the only ones who have it,? Chen said in the interview.
    http://mobile.bloomberg.com/news/201...sapp-deal.html

Either chan is lying or those review guys don't have their home work done. Either way I would expect blackberry to issue statement knowing how aggressive they are lately.

bungaboy and plasmid_boy like this.
    02-27-14 07:08 AM
    I have problem with their review if they started criticizing BBM with that line.

Here what Chan said yesterday.

?Nobody has a secure messaging infrastructure, and we?re the only ones who have it,? Chen said in the interview.
    http://mobile.bloomberg.com/news/201...sapp-deal.html

Either chan is lying or those review guys don't have their home work done. Either way I would expect blackberry to issue statement knowing how aggressive they are lately.

BBM is not encrypted, it is scrambled.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 07:20 AM
    Plus the "Ballrockreaper" answered you much better in that thread than I could ever do

bungaboy and georg4BB like this.
    02-27-14 07:23 AM
    Yes, it's a poor review in some points. Unfortunally it does'nt matter now. The people are switching right now to the winner. To be honest, I would most likely do the same: Reading the headline and switching to the winner. The "Stiftung Warentest" is THE institution for reviews of all kind and extremely important here. It will be a source for countless press articles in the next days - very bad PR for BB.
    I hope BB makes a press release regarding BBM and privacy. I need good ammo now if I want to have a little chance to convince someone to use BBM. One of my contacts already jumped the ship because of this review...
    02-27-14 07:25 AM
    Yes, it's a poor review in some points. Unfortunally it does'nt matter now. The people are switching right now to the winner. To be honest, I would most likely do the same: Reading the headline and switching to the winner. The "Stiftung Warentest" is THE institution for reviews of all kind and extremely important here. It will be a source for countless press articles in the next days - very bad PR for BB.
    I hope BB makes a press release regarding BBM and privacy. I need good ammo now if I want to have a little chance to convince someone to use BBM. One of my contacts already jumped the ship because of this review...
    There is no doubt that this is a bad PR and I have been seeing too much BS against blackberry for last few years now. In the past, no one cared from blackberry.
    However, seems like the new management wants to protect their brand. Lets see.

02-27-14 07:31 AM
    sidhuk and rarsen like this.
    02-27-14 07:39 AM
    I'll be paying attention to any statement or lack thereof regarding BBM. I'm actually reaching my buying SP limit ($12 CDN). I don't feel comfortable buying any more until I have a clue what Chen and Co have in mind. I know we have heard some things, and I like many of them, but I'm still unsure regarding their plans for the consumer market. I know 'it's all about enterprise', but as I don't think an all-in enterprise strategy is going to work without an at least modestly successful consumer side, I'm just going to sit on what I've got (purchased at 6.90 CDN) and wait.

As for BBM, I think the obvious thing to do is assume that at least four or five IMs will have the whole suite of features within 18 months, and then ask how BBM will stand out. The answer needs to be security of course, and so I would like to see real messaging security offered straight to the consumer, as an add-on if it can't be done for free. I would happily pay 50/year for top level personal mobile privacy/security, and I imagine quite a few others would pay, say, $9.99/year for 'BBM Gold'? I've just made these numbers up of course, but security is going to matter going forward now, and I think people are going to be willing to pay for privacy. A basic BBM, coupled with 'BBM Gold' for the individual consumer not on eBBM would differentiate BBM from others, and bring in money. And then of course there is BBM Money to hear about.

Whatever they decide, I think they need to make BBM the gold standard in IM security, not just for big biz and government, but for all those who want it.

morganplus8, rarsen and georg4BB like this.
    02-27-14 07:59 AM
    I suppose if they make security number one and don't sell it to consumers they can make it more secure than blackberry. But I don't see the government placing 50,000 unit orders for this thing. On the other hand, when we talk about defense contracts anything is possible. Dropping a billion by the us army is just another day at the office for them.

Posted via CB10
    General Dynamics had a molded blackberry they sold to the government that had better security.

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk likes this.
    02-27-14 08:11 AM
    I'm not saying you're wrong, but I can't see why they would HAVE to manufacture the phones in the US.

Due to the security issues with the phone, I believe that ITAR restrictions will dictate not only that the phones are assembled in the U.S. but most likely the bare printed circuit boards as well.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 08:15 AM
    Plus the "Ballrockreaper" answered you much better in that thread than I could ever do

Plus, can be solved by using BBM on a BB phone
    bungaboy, sidhuk, rarsen and 1 others like this.
    02-27-14 08:45 AM
    Looks like a "Pump 'n Dump" day. W0W!
    sidhuk likes this.
    02-27-14 08:47 AM
    As per N4BB article, BlackBerry is considering PlayBook 2 : http://n4bb.com/blackberry-consideri...-anytime-soon/

Posted via swift BlackBerry Z30!
    morganplus8, 3_M4N, rarsen and 2 others like this.
    02-27-14 09:22 AM
    As per N4BB article, BlackBerry is considering PlayBook 2 : BlackBerry Considering PlayBook 2, But Not Anytime Soon | N4BB

I think in a year we will see a tablet. I have always wanted a bb10 tablet.
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-27-14 09:29 AM
    As per N4BB article, BlackBerry is considering PlayBook 2 : http://n4bb.com/blackberry-consideri...-anytime-soon/
    A playbook with 10.2.1 would be amazing. I hope they release one sooner rather than later. Even if it's just in small quantities. I enjoy my PlayBook, but it just can't keep up with my phone!

Posted while peeking and flowing on my incredible BBQ10! ?
    02-27-14 09:32 AM
    Very interesting and positive article here. This guy tells it like it is. A few select quotes:

Finally there's John Chen. I like this guy. I especially like the fact that he's willing to take the nut shot when it has to be done, and he does it cleanly, below the belt, and with class. The recent T-Mobile dust-up left T-Mobile's CEO looking like a petulant child with his snipes about MySpace posted on Twitter. Chen, for his part, was both business-like and take-no-prisoners in his approach, making quite-clear that he had recognized that T-Mobile had intentionally sabotaged what was claimed, in public, to be a partnership.

Anyone who has followed so-called "carrier relations" in this country knows this is not a singular problem confined to BlackBerry devices. Cell companies in the US have played "gatekeeper" on firmware and updates forever, steering customers to this or that depending on their whim .... That John Chen was willing to put a knee in the nuts of Lagarde is a major and positive shift in this dynamic -- for the benefit of customers
    What Is There To Take From BlackBerry Now? in [Market-Ticker]
    02-27-14 09:34 AM
    My opinion of devices to come out in the next 12-16 months

Z3
    Q20
    Slider
    Z50
    Q30
    Playbook 2
    02-27-14 09:37 AM
113,256 ... 24592460246124622463 ...