View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I can't imagine Boeing being able to put together and sell this phone for anywhere under $2k. With their low volume and high cost business model due to the nature of their other business they typically will not be penny pinching, their existing suppliers would.not be competitive at all in a consumer market. Aerospace and military markets compared to consumer markets are two different animals. I actually wouldn't be surprised if these phones would cost closer to $5k a piece.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-26-14 04:27 PM
    Amendment from Fairfax on BlackBerry Shows Raised Stake from 10.5% as of Feb. 11th to 16.8%
    La Emperor, rarsen, dusdal and 3 others like this.
    02-26-14 04:41 PM
    Some of us need to read this
    http://m.theglobeandmail.com/globe-i...ness+News%2529

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    rarsen and bungaboy like this.
    02-26-14 05:29 PM
    Amendment from Fairfax on BlackBerry Shows Raised Stake from 10.5% as of Feb. 11th to 16.8%
    Just got an email saying he reduced his position?

Posted via CB10
    02-26-14 05:31 PM
    This is not good:
    Boeing Black Secure Smartphone Hits The FCC, Aims To Be The Next BlackBerry | TechCrunch
    Would have been nice if Boeing had worked with BlackBerry instead.

Posted via CB10
    wow, the US does not trust anything they don't fully control. this does not help, but since Boeing is going to make a secret phone, the quantity is going to be small anyways...
    morganplus8, rarsen and bungaboy like this.
    02-26-14 05:34 PM
    wow, the US does not trust anything they don't fully control. this does not help, but since Boeing is going to make a secret phone, the quantity is going to be small anyways...
    Yep. The specs aren't even going to be released. This one will be above the security clearance of BlackBerry and beyond what BlackBerry has been a part of to date anyway. I wouldn't worry about it too much.
    rarsen likes this.
    02-26-14 05:41 PM
    Just got an email saying he reduced his position?

Posted via CB10
    You could be right. I just took the news from a couple people I follow on Twitter.
    02-26-14 05:57 PM
    Did it bought those additional shares from the open market or through debt conversion? Thx.
    02-26-14 06:13 PM
    Did it bought those additional shares from the open market or through debt conversion? Thx.
    I highly doubt it would be debt conversion for two reasons. There would have to be a filing for such a move, and the price is no where near stable enough to risk the guaranteed interest for an on par swap for shares. Wouldn't make any sense. He'd be better off at $15 or higher (smart money would wait till higher) to convert.
    Corbu and jxnb like this.
    02-26-14 06:23 PM
    Hmm so what percentage would he own if he converted.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-14 06:38 PM
    Fairfax not bumping up stake in BlackBerry

Investment company Fairfax Financial Holdings Ltd. is not boosting its shares of BlackBerry Ltd., holding fast at a 10.5-per-cent equity stake in the smartphone maker.

Wednesday’s reports that the company was increasing its position stem from a filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission that appeared to attribute to Fairfax a 16.8-per-cent investment stake in BlackBerry.

But the form includes the convertible debt that Fairfax owns in Blackberry, accounted for as if the investment were converted at $10 per share, in addition to the equity stake Fairfax holds. What looks like a major increase, actually covers a small sale of five million shares as Fairfax rebalanced its investment portfolios.

The rebalancing follows the move Fairfax made to increase its investment in the Waterloo-headquartered Blackberry in January, when it took on a second investment of $250-million of convertible debt. In total, the company has invested $500-million in convertible debentures.

Fairfax and a consortium of investors invested an initial $1-billion in Blackberry debt late last year. The filing does not account for the conversion of the other $750-million in convertible debt.

The real changes worth paying attention to at BlackBerry come not from filings, but the vision BlackBerry’s new CEO John Chen has for the firm.
    Last edited by bungaboy; 02-26-14 at 07:35 PM.
    cjcampbell, rarsen, Corbu and 9 others like this.
    02-26-14 06:51 PM
    Hmm so what percentage would he own if he converted.

Posted via CB10
    I'd have to do the math, but remember, when/if he converts, that adds shares to the market so it's not getting more of the current float.
    02-26-14 06:54 PM
    I highly doubt it would be debt conversion for two reasons. There would have to be a filing for such a move, and the price is no where near stable enough to risk the guaranteed interest for an on par swap for shares. Wouldn't make any sense. He'd be better off at $15 or higher (smart money would wait till higher) to convert.
    This SC13D/C form was designed not to let common people like you and me to understand. On his previous filing (13D/C), it declared that he owns 17.7% voting power. Based on the new filing, it decreased to 16.8% so reduced by 0.9% (about 8 million shares)
    02-26-14 06:58 PM
    I suppose if they make security number one and don't sell it to consumers they can make it more secure than blackberry. But I don't see the government placing 50,000 unit orders for this thing. On the other hand, when we talk about defense contracts anything is possible. Dropping a billion by the us army is just another day at the office for them.

Posted via CB10
    silversun10 likes this.
    02-26-14 07:40 PM
    http://techcrunch.com/2014/02/26/boe...usaolp00000591

Would this not be to little too late or is that just American propaganda against companies that are not American?

Posted via CB10
    02-26-14 08:46 PM
    http://m.cnet.com/news/samsung-still...-year/57619351

I doubt we'll ever see one :-)

Posted via CB10
    If one really analyzes this, it is a huge success-in-the-making for BlackBerry. Here is my biased take-away from what I have seen so far:

1) OS is A long way from being innovative enough for anyone outside of Korea to even bother.

2) Obvious inspirations from BB10; more so than Android; nice subliminal advertising for BB10.

3) Samsung burns money and reserves for a P.O.S. System that won't take flight.

4) This proves the poor relation between Samsung and Google that we have heard rumors of. (The enemy of my enemy...).

5)** Samsung will take a huge hit regarding public perception if they launch this. This opens the door even wider for the next nifty BlackBerry devices to make their appearance and grab some of the Samsung momentum (which BTW is flattening out).

Just MO.
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-26-14 09:43 PM
    Rabbit and quail casserole with garlic mash potatoes along with a glass or two of Cava!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140226_191601.jpg

Posted with my gorgeous Z30
    sidhuk, Corbu, georg4BB and 3 others like this.
    02-26-14 09:43 PM
    Rabbit and quail casserole with garlic mash potatoes along with a glass or two of Cava!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140226_191601.jpg 
Views:	788 
Size:	49.0 KB 
ID:	251257

In Regina ? LoL.
    No way.

02-26-14 09:48 PM

"... but a new Android device forthcoming...."

Ok, I've heard enough, thanks.
    sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    02-26-14 09:50 PM
    If one really analyzes this, it is a huge success-in-the-making for BlackBerry. Here is my biased take-away from what I have seen so far:

1) OS is A long way from being innovative enough for anyone outside of Korea to even bother.

2) Obvious inspirations from BB10; more so than Android; nice subliminal advertising for BB10.

3) Samsung burns money and reserves for a P.O.S. System that won't take flight.

4) This proves the poor relation between Samsung and Google that we have heard rumors of. (The enemy of my enemy...).

5)** Samsung will take a huge hit regarding public perception if they launch this. This opens the door even wider for the next nifty BlackBerry devices to make their appearance and grab some of the Samsung momentum (which BTW is flattening out).

Just MO.
    Either way, they are making it look like that knox is a big thing. Huge ad in front of luggage claim area in Vegas and some other places are so deceiving if some knows about the security business. But they Are building the brand name in the eyes of average consumers by displaying advertisements which is working for them. Plus they have tech sites in their pocket.

bungaboy likes this.
    02-26-14 09:55 PM
    In Regina ? LoL.
    No way.

Oh Bro. My girlfriend is sooo pissed at you for saying that. That's too funny!!!

Back in Kelowna...hehe

sidhuk, bungaboy and rarsen like this.
    02-26-14 10:00 PM
    Either way, they are making it look like that knox is a big thing. Huge ad in front of luggage claim area in Vegas and some other places are so deceiving if some knows about the security business. But they Are building the brand name in the eyes of average consumers by displaying advertisements which is working for them. Plus they have tech sites in their pocket.

Yeah, I don't know anything about Knox, but from I've seen so far regarding Tizen?
    El Crapo.
    sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    02-26-14 10:07 PM
    Oh Bro. My girlfriend is sooo pissed at you for saying that. That's too funny!!!

Back in Kelowna...hehe

My apologies, it was meant to make you guys smile.
    Glad to hear you made it back safe and sound.
    Lol.

bungaboy likes this.
    02-26-14 10:16 PM
    Sure could use one of these

Tinomane, take99, georg4BB and 2 others like this.
    02-26-14 10:26 PM
    Pretty good 3 minutes with JC on CNN talking about BlackBerry's turnaround strategy.

BlackBerry unveils new Q20 phone - Feb. 25, 2014

sidhuk, bungaboy, rarsen and 1 others like this.
    02-26-14 10:32 PM
113,250 ... 24582459246024612462 ...