702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Android based device and secure?
    really eh?
    lol exactly lol
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-26-14 11:39 AM
    Does anyone here know what is the RTOS behind Samsung's new Gear 2? Samsung's Gear Fit doesn't run Android or Tizen - CNET Mobile
    From this article, "the Fit runs Samsung�s proprietary RTOS (real-time OS)" ... and later, "The Fit uses Samsung�s RTOS, which is probably based on or derived from the Nucleus RTOS (which is basically a very light real-time OS that is suited to low-power embedded devices)."

Nucleus RTOS is apparently this: Nucleus RTOS - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I have no idea of the credibility of the suggestion that this is what they're using, and this is the first I've heard of Nucleus.
    bungaboy and cjcampbell like this.
    02-26-14 11:40 AM
    I think these recent 'black' phones are the result of an assumption by these companies when they actually started developing them that BlackBerry wouldn't be around when the products were ready to come to market, or that BlackBerry would be taking its last breaths. I thought that about the silly Typo, and I think these others phones have possibly been caught out now by a BlackBerry that isn't dead after all. So long as BlackBerry 'keep moving', it's the other guys that are going to feel the heat. They've positioned themselves for a hole in the market and now that they are about ready to go that hope isn't actually there anymore. Nothing to worry about in my view, so long as BlackBerry do the right things.

On a side note, I do think this should be a warning that BlackBerry should not expect to enjoy total hegemony like in years gone by. This is another reason it is important for them to be well balanced between enterprise, consumer, and social media. The all or nothing approach is far too risky.

Join the Cause @ BlackBerry Bootleg Marketing Channel - C003483F4
    rarsen, georg4BB, zachgeo and 3 others like this.
    02-26-14 11:46 AM
    Hey M-8,

How happy are you to see the support we have here after 2 huge days
    02-26-14 12:09 PM
    Dare i say ittttttt ......Greeen!
    02-26-14 12:53 PM
    This is not good:
    Boeing Black Secure Smartphone Hits The FCC, Aims To Be The Next BlackBerry | TechCrunch
    Would have been nice if Boeing had worked with BlackBerry instead.

Posted via CB10
    Let's see how it performs in the real world. Just look at Sammy, as big as they are with all the expertise in communication devices, still struggles with Knox.

For now the end to end solution of BB is still king, imho.
    02-26-14 01:00 PM
    Boeing isn't Samsung. I reckon is they do something they will get it right. They've got tremendously talented people there. I still think they may be too late to the game on this though. They must have started this a year or so ago, when BlackBerry was really not well. They will have a hard time shouldering out a strong BlackBerry, but will almost certainly take SOME business away if they launch a great product.

zachgeo, rarsen and robmac81 like this.
    02-26-14 01:07 PM
    This is not good:
    Boeing Black Secure Smartphone Hits The FCC, Aims To Be The Next BlackBerry | TechCrunch
    Would have been nice if Boeing had worked with BlackBerry instead.

Posted via CB10
    Please remember that "secure" means "private" for this device.
    => Isolated containers and crypted communications/chat
    It's not "secure" full spectrum, AFAIK.

Very busy days so, just a pop here ... and a smile: with these volumes, we keep the $10 behind us ... I like that !
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    sidhuk, bungaboy and jxnb like this.
    02-26-14 01:09 PM
    I struggle to see how BlackBerry could rationally sell BBM. How do you sell an asset or part of your business that contains your name in its acronym?
    They just won't sell it (IMHO).
    More to come.
    I'll update later this week about it.

Cheers
    SF
    sidhuk, rarsen, W Hoa and 1 others like this.
    02-26-14 01:12 PM
    really eh?
    Probably not, but Boeing has a heck of a lot of clout with the Federal government. Other than maybe the Secret Service, I don't have a lot of faith that our government agencies would look that closely beyond the perfunctory representations of security in choosing between Boeing and BlackBerry bids.
    02-26-14 01:14 PM
    Is this phone based on android os?

If so I think the basics aren't even there. Bbry is designed from top to bottom with security in mind.

If is not a consumer product first.

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk, rarsen and bungaboy like this.
    02-26-14 01:19 PM
    Boeing isn't Samsung. I reckon is they do something they will get it right. They've got tremendously talented people there. I still think they may be too late to the game on this though. They must have started this a year or so ago, when BlackBerry was really not well. They will have a hard time shouldering out a strong BlackBerry, but will almost certainly take SOME business away if they launch a great product.

I know, but Boeing is not mistake free either. Remember the battery fiasco of the Dreamliner. Anyway, it would be interesting to see how this Black Phone performs in the wild or rather survive...
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-26-14 01:20 PM
    They just won't sell it (IMHO).
    More to come.
    I'll update later this week about it.

Cheers
    SF
    I think you are probably right.

bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    02-26-14 01:28 PM
    really eh?
    lol exactly lol
    Does not Blackberry depend on Android software for it's apps. Even without the blackberry would not stop the NSA. You are fooling yourself if you think they would allow the general public to use a device that they could not cut through like hot butter. Likely they have a big back door to the servers with the help of Blackberry.
    02-26-14 01:47 PM
    Hey M-8,

How happy are you to see the support we have here after 2 huge days
    Personally, I'm really happy with the way the stock is trading here. Without so much as any sign that BBRY will be turning a profit this year, or that they have captured cash-flow and won't be losing any more capital, we are above $ 10.00/shr/US. I mentioned that I sold out of a block of BBRY yesterday to close my account and move it to another brokerage house. Today I have my order in to replace all of those shares at $ 10.10/shr which is the closing of the gap from yesterday. We aren't far off that price now and if the general market backs up a bit, I should get filled. But the most important aspect of this trade is the formation of our first uptrend line. If we are successful at forming that trend line, we can trade the stock all the way up to $ 30.00/shr over the next 12 months. So far, BBRY is doing something it hasn't done in over a year and that is to form a trend that it can maintain for many months to come. Next month we'll have the golden cross happen and from that point on, we should make higher highs all year. As I say, my order is right back in and I might have all of those shares and 7% more by the end of this week. I couldn't be happier with how stable the stock is given the type of news we are getting these days. GL
    02-26-14 02:18 PM
    Dare i say ittttttt ......Greeen!
    Haha a definite jinx if I ever saw one

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-26-14 02:41 PM
    Haha a definite jinx if I ever saw one

Posted via CB10
    ummmmm.
    Morgan asked for $10.10
    thats why.
    LoL
    morganplus8, bungaboy and Corbu like this.
    02-26-14 02:49 PM
    Ah, fair enough. Too much sorcery to keep up with.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    02-26-14 02:55 PM
    its not sorcery its black magic
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-26-14 03:01 PM
    94,508,101 short interest is up
    02-26-14 03:05 PM
    really eh?
    Chicken Little Dancers. LoL.
    sidhuk likes this.
    02-26-14 03:09 PM
    I don't know anything but this stock seems awfully fickle to me...

Still, we are making some progress. I suspect we need 6 months of solid, concrete news to turn things around.
    sidhuk, rarsen and bungaboy like this.
    02-26-14 03:14 PM
    its not sorcery its black magic
    Voodo child.
    sidhuk likes this.
    02-26-14 03:18 PM
    Settlement Date Short Interest Avg Daily Share Volume Days To Cover Price on Settlement Date
    2/14/2014 94,508,101 17,938,115 5.268564 8.98
    1/31/2014 93,612,769 38,240,903 2.447975 9.45
    02-26-14 03:20 PM
    Thank you for this info @ peter9477

From this article, "the Fit runs Samsung�s proprietary RTOS (real-time OS)" ... and later, "The Fit uses Samsung�s RTOS, which is probably based on or derived from the Nucleus RTOS (which is basically a very light real-time OS that is suited to low-power embedded devices)."

Nucleus RTOS is apparently this: Nucleus RTOS - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I have no idea of the credibility of the suggestion that this is what they're using, and this is the first I've heard of Nucleus.

Posted via swift BlackBerry Z30!
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    02-26-14 03:20 PM
113,251 ... 24572458245924602461 ...