View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Has this been posted here yet? Not sure. Sorry if it has...

02-25-14 10:45 AM
    I really think strong money is coming in BBRY and that we could see this hold
    Don't forget we are dealing with BBRY. Not a normal stock.

I won't be surprised to see profit taking after 14:00 hrs today.
    Corbu, Superfly_FR, sidhuk and 2 others like this.
    02-25-14 10:56 AM
    One requisite of the $100 party is that you can't sell at $25. Lol.

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    can't sell *all*
    Must say that I'm buying a new home for my old days right now (with a 20yrs mortgage) and some small change would be appreciated for wall paintings . Rest assured I'd keep at least 50% for later party ! (hey, I was supposed to go in for 5-10 shares at first lol).
    sidhuk, bungaboy and rarsen like this.
    02-25-14 10:57 AM
    Five Reasons Ford’s Switch from Microsoft to Blackberry QNX is a Good Thing

Five Reasons Ford's Switch from Microsoft to Blackberry QNX is a Good Thing » AutoGuide.com News
    02-25-14 11:01 AM
    Morgan, we really like to hear your comment on today's news and SP action.
    Thanks for asking:

First off, I too like the news and the way Chen handles himself. All of their changes are what we would expect from BlackBerry and that is comforting to hear. I'm in that camp that wants them to add voice and video to their cross platform BBM offering too, though and I didn`t get the feeling those features are around the corner just yet. When they take their time developing voice and video, they must know that the BBM-X numbers are going to fall. We should be seeing over 100 MM on BBM-x and we have pulled back at this time. A complete package would include Voice, Video and Channels for everyone and we are on hold at this time. When it comes to their hardward offering, its just as I would have expected and hoped for so that`s good news but we won`t see any benefits for at least two more quarters here. A great day for BBRY with a solid rally above the 200-dma to $ 10.90 shr so far.

Now will they be able to rally the stock much higher from here? I'm not so sure we can make a meaningful high at this time without seeing a bottom in subs, Enterprise revenue etc.. I decided to sell out of one of my accounts about one hour ago so that I can go to complete cash in that account and move it to a different brokerage house. I have been wanting to move that money for sometime now and today is my day. When those funds reach their new account, all of that money will go back into BBRY. At $ 10.85 shr, (these were the shares that I traded last time, sold them at $ 10.82 shr and bought them back at $ 9.80 shr) that account is now my trading account for BBRY and I'll sell shares on big rallies in just that account. Now, the stock is very bullish short-term, it can move into the mid $ 11.00 area on this move and that's okay with me as I'll get my shares back writing naked puts. If you are looking out 12 months, just sit back and enjoy the ride, for me, I wanted to find a pop to sell out of this one account and transfer funds to a new account.

A quick story, the firm that this account is currently with, called me up one day and said they had a change in policy and that becuase of their change my account was now too small for them. They required $ 100,000 minimum for me to stay in their "select group" of investors, for just that one account; they did like my other accounts though, no surprise there. While, I never forgot that insult and today, all of my accounts are something they would dream of having and they are going to be losing them all.
    take99, zyben, cjcampbell and 21 others like this.
    02-25-14 11:04 AM
    Here's my bear case against Blackberry

* BBM uptake has been disappointing to say the least. Great initial surge (from former Blackberry users no doubt) but looks like growth has come to a screeching halt. Still no BBM desktop on the horizon.

* BES12, nothing new here. Everyone knows that they had new version coming that would let companies manage BB10 and legacy devices in a single package.

* Z3, Q20. Nothing to see here either. Neither Z3 nor Q20 is likely to reverse the sales trend. In fact, it seems like behind the scenes the Z30 is a greater success than the Q10, so why not capitalize on that? Still no hybrid/slider on the horizon. We know that they have other phones in the pipeline which is expected but nothing yet to get excited about

* BBM Money, nothing changed here. Until they enter a major market in Europe or North America, it's still a very niche product.

* QNX, while good news isn't a major source of revenue for Blackberry, we're still waiting to see how they can really capitalize on that, until then, can't really be considered a major asset.

Overall, based on everything I read from the presentation, no wow factor. Nothing exciting for non-Blackberry diehards. Comments in articles still reflect a very negative view of the company.

That being said, I do like Chen's approach, but this feels exactly like November, December of 2012 where we all thought that Heins was doing a great job, how did that turn out?

This post isn't meant to bash Blackberry, it's just a simple reality check. Blackberry still has a lot of work to do before anyone can really get excited about its future.
    I do agree on most points. As I said few times BB has been in control of shorts for sometime and until shorts are out of BB we can expect normal BB trading. Shorts short, cover, short, cover, repeat and rinse every few weeks.
    2nd point, Chen has done good job so far in communicating the plan, certain decisions but SP won't go crazy up until fundamentals improve, bleeding stops and shows signs of profit. That is not gonna happen overnight. It will take few quarters before Chen's plan turns into $$$. Z3, Q20 still being made and will be released, marketed, sold, etc. Until then we can expect 2 ups, 2 downs. This thing goes up when shorts cover on bull news and then goes down on no news. It will keep doing for sometime.

I am not bear or short on BB but reality is reality. We can expect the results in few quarters, until then ping pong by day traders, shorts, No big boys will jump in NOW, below $7 was opportunity which missed by most of us..))
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-25-14 11:09 AM
    Thanks for asking:

First off, I too like the news and the way Chen handles himself. All of their changes are what we would expect from BlackBerry and that is comforting to hear. I'm in that camp that wants them to add voice and video to their cross platform BBM offering too, though and I didn`t get the feeling those features are around the corner just yet. When they take their time developing voice and video, they must know that the BBM-X numbers are going to fall. We should be seeing over 100 MM on BBM-x and we have pulled back at this time. A complete package would include Voice, Video and Channels for everyone and we are on hold at this time.
    BBM for Android and iOS now has channels, glympse, and voice with the latest update. These features are generating some buzz among my friends that I have convinced to download BBM. Now, all that is left is video and the abilty to search for channels that you are interested in (categories, most popular etc.). This will cause channels to explode imo.
    02-25-14 11:17 AM
    I have a feeling that QNX could potentially be bigger than today's BlackBerry. Think of all the machines (in addition to phones) and service fees. But for now, lets nail the phones first.
    I totally agree with you. just about time for QNX to shine but will need media's blessings. QNX is mission critical system. it doesn't have to completely freeze or restart which is not the case with other operating systems.
    just one of the old news but important one. The stupid, For sale signs last year killed the momentum.
    "The difference between Android, iOS and QNX, the BlackBerry-owned software on which the BlackBerry 10 operating system is built, could be a matter of life and death. - "
    "The purpose of a general-purpose operating system [GPOS] is to do many things and do them very well," Chris Ault, product manager at QNX Software Systems, said during his presentation. "It's designed to get the most amount of work done. Algorithms are designed for the most amount of throughput. They're not designed to offer strict guarantees of reliability or availability."
    By contrast, a real-time OS (RTOS), which QNX is, is engineered to guarantee availability and reliability, meaning there's never an instance where priority and processing power is shifted from one activity to another.

For this reason, businesses including Honeywell, GE Energy and Cisco have QNX at the cores of their software solutions, and it's used in everything from wind turbines to home dialysis machines."

BlackBerry QNX: In Health Care, We Do What iOS, Android Can't
    02-25-14 11:19 AM
    BBM for Android and iOS now has channels, glympse, and voice with the latest update. These features are generating some buzz among my friends that I have convinced to download BBM. Now, all that is left is video and the abilty to search for channels that you are interested in (categories, most popular etc.). This will cause channels to explode imo.
    It is just appearing now and unfortunately, we lost some new BBM-X subs while they waited. I don't see voice getting out there fast enough due to the late launch and video is so important here. I have friends that love BBM for Enterprise and these new features will keep them on BBM at work but they need to move faster to get the package together here. I hate it when they make such good use of BBM and then FaceTime! Drives me nuts!
    02-25-14 11:34 AM
    Thanks for asking:

First off, I too like the news and the way Chen handles himself. All of their changes are what we would expect from BlackBerry and that is comforting to hear. I'm in that camp that wants them to add voice and video to their cross platform BBM offering too, though and I didn`t get the feeling those features are around the corner just yet. When they take their time developing voice and video, they must know that the BBM-X numbers are going to fall. We should be seeing over 100 MM on BBM-x and we have pulled back at this time. A complete package would include Voice, Video and Channels for everyone and we are on hold at this time. When it comes to their hardward offering, its just as I would have expected and hoped for so that`s good news but we won`t see any benefits for at least two more quarters here. A great day for BBRY with a solid rally above the 200-dma to $ 10.90 shr so far.

Now will they be able to rally the stock much higher from here? I'm not so sure we can make a meaningful high at this time without seeing a bottom in subs, Enterprise revenue etc.. I decided to sell out of one of my accounts about one hour ago so that I can go to complete cash in that account and move it to a different brokerage house. I have been wanting to move that money for sometime now and today is my day. When those funds reach their new account, all of that money will go back into BBRY. At $ 10.85 shr, (these were the shares that I traded last time, sold them at $ 10.82 shr and bought them back at $ 9.80 shr) that account is now my trading account for BBRY and I'll sell shares on big rallies in just that account. Now, the stock is very bullish short-term, it can move into the mid $ 11.00 area on this move and that's okay with me as I'll get my shares back writing naked puts. If you are looking out 12 months, just sit back and enjoy the ride, for me, I wanted to find a pop to sell out of this one account and transfer funds to a new account.

A quick story, the firm that this account is currently with, called me up one day and said they had a change in policy and that becuase of their change my account was now too small for them. They required $ 100,000 minimum for me to stay in their "select group" of investors, for just that one account; they did like my other accounts though, no surprise there. While, I never forgot that insult and today, all of my accounts are something they would dream of having and they are going to be losing them all.
    Morgan, thank you for the reply.

Regarding to BBM-X voice and video, I think the company is in the Catch 22 situation. They already has the video feature in the available to the enterprise version of BBM, it is not much difficult to make it available in the BBM-X version. However, they are just wondering whether such move will be good for the company's bottom line. Chen is trying figure out a way to monetize the BBM-X but has no solution yet.
    02-25-14 11:40 AM
    Regarding BBMx, I think we have to see the recent addition of channels and audio etc as a restart. No one cares about Channels yet, but audio does make BBM more dynamic than WhatsApp and can lead to more numbers. It is of course a race to get everything out, as two years from now (tops) at least four or four apps will have a complete suite of features. BBM will be able at that point to differentiate itself by its security and privacy abilities.

Join the Cause @ BlackBerry Bootleg Marketing Channel - C003483F4
    02-25-14 11:44 AM
    Good day for BB longs, I expect bit of pull back within few days to fill the gap and shorts would want to make up what they lost in last few days. My thoughts but it's BB you never know which way it goes but when it goes it goes fast
    bungaboy and rarsen like this.
    02-25-14 11:47 AM
    Attention...can I have your attention please...CHA-CHING...thank you.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 11:53 AM
    Whoa dude!

This smattering of news today may be the best we have heard yet; all things said.

I have designed circuit board layouts (PCB's) in the past and am very pleased as an investor that BlackBerry looks to be using some of the Z10 and Q10 parts to dissolve that old burden.
    I still have to confirm this.

This two-steps forward approach, including launching of legacy-style devices, will absolutely no doubt shatter grey perceptions going forth.

Happy day indeed fellas!!
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-25-14 11:57 AM
    It is just appearing now and unfortunately, we lost some new BBM-X subs while they waited. I don't see voice getting out there fast enough due to the late launch and video is so important here. I have friends that love BBM for Enterprise and these new features will keep them on BBM at work but they need to move faster to get the package together here. I hate it when they make such good use of BBM and then FaceTime! Drives me nuts!
    Hi Morgan. With all the articles on a possible BBM sale.. you reckon JC was testing the waters for a possible BBM stand-alone entity?

(post edited)

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 11:57 AM
    With the Crackberry app, how can you jump to the last page? Scroll trough 3000 replies?

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 11:59 AM
    I'm not sure how BlackBerry could sell BBM and still offer it to enterprise as a secure communications service. I personally an against this sell-your-body parts idea. I can't stand it. I think we all want to see BlackBerry thrive over the long term as a strong company with many talents. Some key and exciting acquisitions would be lovely. Selling one of the children is not lovely.

Join the Cause @ BlackBerry Bootleg Marketing Channel - C003483F4
    02-25-14 12:11 PM
    Pull down slightly, at the top, scroll down to the last page.

Posted by the indomitable Zed Ten.
    02-25-14 12:12 PM
    See second post.

Posted by the indomitable Zed Ten.
    02-25-14 12:12 PM
    Hey M-8,

What do you think the next catalyst will be here. Next earnings is the only thing i see in the near future.
    02-25-14 12:17 PM
    I want qnx in ovens and stoves all networked through link.

Same for thermostats.

Things like fridges have less utility.

I'd say TVS but if Netflix isn't on bb10 there is no point

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 12:27 PM
    I want qnx in ovens and stoves all networked through link.

Same for thermostats.

Things like fridges have less utility.

I'd say TVS but if Netflix isn't on bb10 there is no point

Posted via CB10
    My Honeywell thermostat runs on QNX and I can view/control it using my Z10 from anywhere in the world - it's kinda cool.
    02-25-14 12:38 PM
    With the Crackberry app, how can you jump to the last page? Scroll trough 3000 replies?

Posted via CB10
    Pull down from the top and you will see a page bar. Not from top bezel just move your fingers swiping down slowly and get to top of pg

? BlackBerry Q10 ?
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-25-14 12:45 PM
    Morgan, thank you for the reply.

Regarding to BBM-X voice and video, I think the company is in the Catch 22 situation. They already has the video feature in the available to the enterprise version of BBM, it is not much difficult to make it available in the BBM-X version. However, they are just wondering whether such move will be good for the company's bottom line. Chen is trying figure out a way to monetize the BBM-X but has no solution yet.
    You are so right, there are 3 camps when it comes to BBM, there are people like us who own BlachBerry phones and love them, we understand how great BBM really is. Then there are all the others who are trying BBM when it first came out, they own other brands of phones and they just want to communicate amongst their friends. They tried BBM when it first came out and there was that attrition rate that followed. How do you get them back? The third group are Enterprise users who are made up of all of the brands of phones with some holding BB's too. They see their limitations as something that is akin to a "gap" which will close in time to that of their follow BlackBerry phone users and they love what's coming next.

BlackBerry needs to address this group first, those who have endorsed the BBM-X product for their companies and need all of the features today because they love Groups already and have seen Channels and want that too. We say, they have almost everything now, it's not true, the features were just made available and it takes time to understand channels and voice for everyone. Delays, delays delays. These people have money, they wil pay for BBM features that retail consumers don't even want. The goal here should be to serve Enterprise first, give them what they want in security, services, communication and a way to advertise their businesses to the rest of the world. This occurs at a level that retails could care less about. I need to see Chen address this issue and focus on what Enterprise wants.

The retail side of BBM can be more about social, shopping, communication and full featured BBM at that level. Chen needs to stay focused on the money, it's in Enterprise and their formula for success. If he can build out a Corporate BBM every business in the free world will have to adopt it as their primary means of communication. You have to be on LinkedIn these days, not because you want to but because someone who wants to hire you also wants to see your profile. You are really using the social media as your means of finding a job these days. BBM could be just as important in getting your personal message out there. But business comes first for BlackBerry and Chen needs to feed the fire under Enterprise when it comes to voice, video, channels, groups and security.
    Corbu, La Emperor, jxnb and 8 others like this.
    02-25-14 12:46 PM
    Yeah but I still have to scroll trough 3000+ pages to get from the first to the last page.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 12:54 PM
113,256 ... 24532454245524562457 ...