View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Ok its officially **** on apple day lol the media is finally starting to flip sides here.
    While they might **** on Apple, in the end they seem to smell like roses!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-old-7.jpg

I will be in the party mode tonight! $$$
    02-25-14 09:38 AM
    Here's my bear case against Blackberry

* BBM uptake has been disappointing to say the least. Great initial surge (from former Blackberry users no doubt) but looks like growth has come to a screeching halt. Still no BBM desktop on the horizon.

* BES12, nothing new here. Everyone knows that they had new version coming that would let companies manage BB10 and legacy devices in a single package.

* Z3, Q20. Nothing to see here either. Neither Z3 nor Q20 is likely to reverse the sales trend. In fact, it seems like behind the scenes the Z30 is a greater success than the Q10, so why not capitalize on that? Still no hybrid/slider on the horizon. We know that they have other phones in the pipeline which is expected but nothing yet to get excited about

* BBM Money, nothing changed here. Until they enter a major market in Europe or North America, it's still a very niche product.

* QNX, while good news isn't a major source of revenue for Blackberry, we're still waiting to see how they can really capitalize on that, until then, can't really be considered a major asset.

Overall, based on everything I read from the presentation, no wow factor. Nothing exciting for non-Blackberry diehards. Comments in articles still reflect a very negative view of the company.

That being said, I do like Chen's approach, but this feels exactly like November, December of 2012 where we all thought that Heins was doing a great job, how did that turn out?

This post isn't meant to bash Blackberry, it's just a simple reality check. Blackberry still has a lot of work to do before anyone can really get excited about its future.
    What you listed here are current situation which can be changed dramatically into the positive direction in the coming months and years. Here, I will give my very bullish cases about the company:

1. It has all the technology and products that are at least in par or better than that from the competitors. All we need is some good marketing strategy and sedimentation (perception) changes in the space of enterprise and consumer.
    2. The cost base of the company has and will be cut dramatically. It does not take too much revenue increase to become profitable as well as VERY profitable in the near future.
    3. The CEO is the best asset of the company in the next three to four years due to a) his proved turnaround record; b) his charming personality (help the marketing lot); c) his Chinese identity.

Let me explain why JC's Chinese identity is a big plus here.

The Chinese is very similar to the Jewish who like to support the person who has the same I.D. At the moment, Blackberry has very little market share in China. If Chen can cut a deal with Foxcom in two weeks, he may be able to forge a deal with the Chinese government and major Chinese companies to provide its products and services in a year because as I stated, the Chinese love to support the person who has the Chinese I.D. on his face. Once the government and large and well known Chinese company starts to use Blackberry products (phone or service), the majority common Joes will follow. This then will be a completely different ball game for Blackberry.
    I have my faith that this will happen in a year or two.
    02-25-14 09:40 AM
    Isn't the wider problem going to be that the Chinese Govt aren't particularly interested in citizens and corporation having a secure communications platform???
    Superfly_FR and rarsen like this.
    02-25-14 09:43 AM
    Ok its officially **** on apple day lol the media is finally starting to flip sides here.
    "Sentiment is a beautiful thing," said Parets. "If everyone thinks something is going lower (in this case BBRY), there comes a point where anyone with that belief has already acted upon that belief (and sold). Eventually there just aren't any sellers left, and if all we have are buyers - epic squeeze. We saw it in BBRY and we saw it in S&P500 in early 2009. The best part about these extreme sentiment unwinds is that the ensuing rallies last longer and go further than your standard uptrend."

He continued: "In AAPL we're seeing the opposite. All of the great news was priced into the stock by the end of 2012."

Read more: Money Flowing Out Of Apple Into Bberry - Business Insider
    Corbu, sidhuk, plasmid_boy and 7 others like this.
    02-25-14 09:49 AM
    "But I'm going to stand my ground. Obviously, I feel very strongly about our device, so anybody who wants to intrude into our space, we have a very loyal customer base. You can rest assured that BlackBerry is not going to back down."

-John Chen, BlackBerry CEO, to CNBC this morning

Chen, who was all smiles when he talked to CNBC earlier this morning, jokingly said that if he was offered $19 billion for BBM, he would take it.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/2045...nd?source=feed

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    02-25-14 09:51 AM
    Isn't the wider problem going to be that the Chinese Govt aren't particularly interested in citizens and corporation having a secure communications platform???
    Do the Western countries pay their company and citizens to have a secure communications platform?
    Yes, you are right, Chinese Govt will not subside its company and citizens to use Blackberry product. On the other hand, the government has no interesting or say what communications platform of its company and citizens are using.
    02-25-14 09:53 AM
    Yowsa!!!

BlackBerry Limited Real Time Stock Quotes
    BBRY $10.7299 +0.8999 +9.15%
    02-25-14 09:55 AM
    Morgan, we really like to hear your comment on today's news and SP action.
    sidhuk and Greened like this.
    02-25-14 09:59 AM
    I find myself actually in the green on BB once again. Hope it continues.
    02-25-14 09:59 AM
    Yowsa!!!

BlackBerry Limited Real Time Stock Quotes
    BBRY $10.7299 $10.83 +0.8999 +9.15%
    02-25-14 10:01 AM
    Flying-Cam's Oscar-Winning Unmanned Aerial System Takes Flight With QNX Technology