427 37.82%
    If anyone is interested, I'll present my non-biased bear side
    Please do

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR and plasmid_boy like this.
    02-25-14 08:08 AM
    OMG ... fly me to the moon !

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    georg4BB, sidhuk, rarsen and 3 others like this.
    02-25-14 08:16 AM
    I was actually relieved to hear the 85 million active users. All we've heard out of BB up until now is over 20 million downloads of the app. Considering, I think with the added downloads and the ones that just tried and left, that's a pretty decent retention rate. I was half expecting it to be in the 70's especially seeing how quiet they've been about the active users.
    For some reason, perhaps alcohol, I thought they had announced 80M a few months ago? My comment about selling at least consumer BBM soon is that FB is NOT going to let whatscrap fail at this point and has too much $$ and existing users for BBM to really challenge it in the long run. Enterprise yes, consumer side I think FB just jumped the value of BBM but only for a short while, then it will take it down and bury it on consumer side.

In any event Chen really deserves credit for getting stuff done.
    02-25-14 08:19 AM
    Did I say $0.50 gap up today? LOL
    02-25-14 08:27 AM
    Who stole my $10.10 resistance ?
    02-25-14 08:30 AM
    Did I say $0.50 gap up today? LOL
    lol indeed i said 11 last night after hearing the news
    02-25-14 08:31 AM
    Here's my bear case against Blackberry

* BBM uptake has been disappointing to say the least. Great initial surge (from former Blackberry users no doubt) but looks like growth has come to a screeching halt. Still no BBM desktop on the horizon.

* BES12, nothing new here. Everyone knows that they had new version coming that would let companies manage BB10 and legacy devices in a single package.

* Z3, Q20. Nothing to see here either. Neither Z3 nor Q20 is likely to reverse the sales trend. In fact, it seems like behind the scenes the Z30 is a greater success than the Q10, so why not capitalize on that? Still no hybrid/slider on the horizon. We know that they have other phones in the pipeline which is expected but nothing yet to get excited about

* BBM Money, nothing changed here. Until they enter a major market in Europe or North America, it's still a very niche product.

* QNX, while good news isn't a major source of revenue for Blackberry, we're still waiting to see how they can really capitalize on that, until then, can't really be considered a major asset.

Overall, based on everything I read from the presentation, no wow factor. Nothing exciting for non-Blackberry diehards. Comments in articles still reflect a very negative view of the company.

That being said, I do like Chen's approach, but this feels exactly like November, December of 2012 where we all thought that Heins was doing a great job, how did that turn out?

This post isn't meant to bash Blackberry, it's just a simple reality check. Blackberry still has a lot of work to do before anyone can really get excited about its future.
    02-25-14 08:34 AM
    So where is all the volume lol
    02-25-14 08:45 AM

* BBM uptake has been disappointing to say the least. Great initial surge (from former Blackberry users no doubt) but looks like growth has come to a screeching halt. Still no BBM desktop on the horizon.

* BES12, nothing new here. Everyone knows that they had new version coming that would let companies manage BB10 and legacy devices in a single package.

* Z3, Q20. Nothing to see here either. Neither Z3 nor Q20 is likely to reverse the sales trend. In fact, it seems like behind the scenes the Z30 is a greater success than the Q10, so why not capitalize on that? Still no hybrid/slider on the horizon. We know that they have other phones in the pipeline which is expected but nothing yet to get excited about

* BBM Money, nothing changed here. Until they enter a major market in Europe or North America, it's still a very niche product.

* QNX, while good news isn't a major source of revenue for Blackberry, we're still waiting to see how they can really capitalize on that, until then, can't really be considered a major asset.

Overall, based on everything I read from the presentation, no wow factor. Nothing exciting for non-Blackberry diehards. Comments in articles still reflect a very negative view of the company.

That being said, I do like Chen's approach, but this feels exactly like November, December of 2012 where we all thought that Heins was doing a great job, how did that turn out?

This post isn't meant to bash Blackberry, it's just a simple reality check. Blackberry still has a lot of work to do before anyone can really get excited about its future.
    Take a closer look at the venue Chen is used for these presentations.

Much less formal, much more up close and personal.

This is a humbler BlackBerry.

When the FaceBook/WhatsApp bubble pops, BlackBerry will still have real products worth selling.
    bungaboy and La Emperor like this.
    02-25-14 08:46 AM
    Stock rallies as BlackBerry strikes back

Stock rallies as BlackBerry strikes back - The Globe and Mail
    bungaboy and zyben like this.
    02-25-14 08:47 AM
    Playing devil's advocate here

What does the choice of venue have to do future and profitability of Blackberry? Samsung unveiled the S5 in a rather small, quiet ceremony too

Take a closer look at the venue Chen is used for these presentations.

Much less formal, much more up close and personal.

This is a humbler BlackBerry.

When the FaceBook/WhatsApp bubble pops, BlackBerry will still have real products worth selling.
    plasmid_boy likes this.
    02-25-14 08:51 AM

I think that you were looking for a burst, but I was simply looking for signs that BB will survive short term. Long enough to buy time for people to wake up and smell the BlackBerrys...LOL
    So, it was exciting to me and I like what I see.
    02-25-14 08:52 AM
    Playing devil's advocate here

What does the choice of venue have to do future and profitability of Blackberry? Samsung unveiled the S5 in a rather small, quiet ceremony too
    Samsung's profits aren't growing at the same pace as their sales.
    02-25-14 08:54 AM
    Not looking for a burst, looking for signs of change.

I think that you were looking for a burst, but I was simply looking for signs that BB will survive short term. Long enough to buy time for people to wake up and smell the BlackBerrys...LOL
    So, it was exciting to me and I like what I see.
    plasmid_boy likes this.
    02-25-14 08:56 AM
    Thought I was the resident skeptic here

Chen is clearly a different leader. What concerns me and why I can't invest in BBRY now is that the rise in price seems to be based on QNX and the valuation of BBM without any update on how BES is doing and conversions from that free trial period. That is the future of BBRY. QNX growth is nice but it can't carry BBRY. What is the core business doing? I was also concerned how quickly the Third point investment stock gain faded. RIsk/reward just doesn't work for me at these levels but I wish everyone the best of luck and it is nice to see BBRY perk up here and at least try!
    anon(4086547) likes this.
    02-25-14 08:57 AM
    After WhatsApp and Telegram fail this happens....
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-mockit_25022014131322.jpg
    Photo source @ Crackberry.com

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and zyben like this.
    02-25-14 09:00 AM

At this stage I think any positives will make the SP move up vs dwelling on old negatives. There was so much negative priced in, that it was hard to imagine it getting worse.

Appreciate your dose of reality thou, it's good to try and remain even keel and realize that we are not out of the woods yet

CB10'n it via da Z
    02-25-14 09:04 AM
    Chen is clearly a different leader. What concerns me and why I can't invest in BBRY now is that the rise in price seems to be based on QNX and the valuation of BBM without any update on how BES is doing and conversions from that free trial period. That is the future of BBRY. QNX growth is nice but it can't carry BBRY. What is the core business doing? I was also concerned how quickly the Third point investment stock gain faded. RIsk/reward just doesn't work for me at these levels but I wish everyone the best of luck and it is nice to see BBRY perk up here and at least try!
    Hmm. The Airbus / Daimler news shows, that BES might do well. When these big ones choose BES other will follow (even more whith the current IOS news in mind).
    MWC is not the place to provide numbers...
    02-25-14 09:05 AM

I have a feeling that QNX could potentially be bigger than today's BlackBerry. Think of all the machines (in addition to phones) and service fees. But for now, lets nail the phones first.
    sidhuk, Corbu, morganplus8 and 6 others like this.
    02-25-14 09:06 AM

* Z3, Q20. Nothing to see here either. Neither Z3 nor Q20 is likely to reverse the sales trend. In fact, it seems like behind the scenes the Z30 is a greater success than the Q10, so why not capitalize on that?
    I'm curious how you work that out? The Z30 had so a tiny distribution that I can't see how it sold more than the q10? I would think in terms of sales it would Z10 >> Q10 >> Q5 >> Z30.
    02-25-14 09:07 AM
    This is based on user comments I've come across over the past few months. I've seen a lot of "The Z30 looking interesting. Z30 could be my next phone", I've never seen a "Q10 looks interesting" aside from Blackberry users. I understand it's anecdotal evidence, but since it's coming from non Blackberry users, I take it at higher value.

I should add that I'd love nothing more than be proven wrong. I want Blackberry to succeed. Just not seeing that right now.

I'm curious how you work that out? The Z30 had so a tiny distribution that I can't see how it sold more than the q10? I would think in terms of sales it would Z10 >> Q10 >> Q5 >> Z30.
    morganplus8, rarsen and Greened like this.
    02-25-14 09:12 AM
    Well, when I look at my mails ... there's somehow something more than simply encouraging
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    Yet, let's set our expectations to a reasonable level. We're still on a "well, they may not die finally, how comes ?" trend.
    Still far from the homerun, but all players are on their bases.
    sidhuk, Corbu, bungaboy and 4 others like this.
    02-25-14 09:14 AM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-snoopy21.jpg
    sidhuk, Corbu, morganplus8 and 5 others like this.
    02-25-14 09:20 AM
    Ok its officially **** on apple day lol the media is finally starting to flip sides here.
    02-25-14 09:34 AM
    Good morning Gang ,
    I like the details in this news. It makes lot more sense to me why Chen has been successful in the past. Because he gets it. And that alone is worth investing in BBRY.
    http://www.berryreview.com/2014/02/2...-bes-licenses/

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    02-25-14 09:35 AM
113,256 ... 24512452245324542455 ...