View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    BlackBerry Unveils New BlackBerry Q20 Smartphone | Inside BlackBerry

That's... not great - looks like serious slowdown on BBM take-up but could also represent significant falloff of legacy users.
    I wonder how many android and iOS users are part of that figure. Recently the WhatsApp down should have brought a lot of people back on bbm. I think that's not represented in this. It is also clear to me that these message apps are a "little " volatile on user numbers. Telegram got 800.000 new users in my country in a few hours. That could happen also with BBM as the mass against privacy invasion is growing.

Posted via CB10
    jxnb, bungaboy and rarsen like this.
    02-25-14 02:28 AM
    I wonder how many android and iOS users are part of that figure. Recently the WhatsApp down should have brought a lot of people back on bbm. I think that's not represented in this. It is also clear to me that these message apps are a "little " volatile on user numbers. Telegram got 800.000 new users in my country in a few hours. That could happen also with BBM as the mass against privacy invasion is growing.

Posted via CB10
    Even with variation of the type you are describing, it is likely the growth rate on other devices has slowed quite a bit given the time that BBM has now been out - which would explain why earlier on we heard a lot from BBRY about numbers but then it stopped.
    Ribes Nigrum likes this.
    02-25-14 02:31 AM
    Clever moves from BlackBerry. I like what I am seeing. Two more years of this and I think we will have our 100 dollar party.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 02:49 AM
    I guess that's true. BBM wasn't mentioned as an alternative for WhatsApp in the media. So I guess it's not in the picture from the masses. They really should start bill boarding BBM in train and metro stations in Europe to get the attention it needs. BBM could grow again as it did a few years ago. However I see people use BBM and like it. People need to realise how powerful it is. Facebook and WhatsApp in one app. Blazing fast.

I'm really interested in the pre market figures after all the news.

Posted via CB10
    georg4BB, bungaboy and rarsen like this.
    02-25-14 02:53 AM
    Not just the two new big BES clients. A number of smallish ones as well

"Airbus currently has a broad deployment of legacy BlackBerry devices and plans to upgrade their "entire BlackBerry mobile fleet to BlackBerry 10 smartphones." Airbus is reported to have conducted "several months of testing and comparison with other offerings on the market" before settlign on BlackBerry 10 and BES as their system of choice.

In addition to larger companies like Airbus and Daimler, BlackBerry has also signed a few smaller (but still largish) companies on to BES10. They include Italian airline AirDolomiti, Italian bank Banca Ifigest, fuel retailing solutions provider Tokheim, construction design and development firm Vepica, Venezuelan oil company PDVSA, and Brazilian petrochemical and engineering conglomerate Odebrecht."

Like the airbus device upgrades too.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 02:55 AM
    Clever moves from BlackBerry. I like what I am seeing. Two more years of this and I think we will have our 100 dollar party.

Posted via CB10
    Great. I'll hold my shares until that moment. ;-)

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-25-14 02:55 AM
    So no word on BES cloud? Or is BES12 = BES cloud?

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 03:08 AM
    Wow they're making huge strides for the QNX in car systems.

02-25-14 05:14 AM
    Premarket up 2.85% at $10.11

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 05:50 AM
    Premarket up 2.85 3.15% at $10.11 10.14
    Posted via CB10
    FIFY
    Shanerredflag and plasmid_boy like this.
    02-25-14 06:03 AM
    Another great BBRY day in the making! Good luck to all.
    02-25-14 06:08 AM

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 06:49 AM
    Premarket up 2.85 4.37% at $10.11 10.26
    Posted via CB10
    FIFY again. LoL
    02-25-14 06:55 AM
    And official statement from BlackBerry on esuites:
    http://press.blackberry.com/press/20...C-SHARETWITTER

Posted via CB10
    jxnb, rarsen, plasmid_boy and 3 others like this.
    02-25-14 06:55 AM
    Where's the next resistance after 10? From the 1 year chart it looks like a breakout at 10 could take the SP to $14.
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-25-14 06:57 AM
    Decent Headline on the Z3 and upcoming Q20 but usual OLD photo of OLD phone. Are we being unfair to call the media idiots when they do this? Should we just accept that most of them are probably still using those old things?

I do actually think it's poor journalism, but look forward to seeing more BlackBerry 10 phones on the market to flush our these old pics. Maybe BlackBerry need to send more stock pics to the PA and Getty, etc.?
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140225_130644.png

On a side note...haven't got a damn clue what the SP is going to do this week. is it safe to guess that it will spike and then fall back about 8-10% next week?

Join the Cause @ BlackBerry Bootleg Marketing Channel - C003483F4
    zyben likes this.
    02-25-14 07:12 AM
    FWIW:

Posted via CB10
    rarsen, sidhuk, La Emperor and 5 others like this.
    02-25-14 07:14 AM
    New security bug on iOS: http://www.macrumors.com/2014/02/25/...-touch-inputs/

Good job, US Air Force.
    sidhuk, rarsen, bungaboy and 5 others like this.
    02-25-14 07:25 AM
    FWIW:

Posted via CB10
    Do you subscribe to the pay portion of her site?
    02-25-14 07:26 AM
    looks like another good day for the SP! Chen is acting and doing the right things. I am a little concered if BBM is only at 85M at this point and will stick to my previous posts that they need to sell at least the consumer side in the 30-60 days to cash in on this. QNX is making headway which is great as well. Hopefully BES and corporate sales are doing well, that's the 3rd leg of the BBRY stool that needs to be in place. Great to see progress under the new regime....and the trackpad..... Next big decision whcih will tell me a lot is if they can dump their proclivity for way overpricing handsets on relese. Break this old habit and I think BBRY has a real chance here.
    02-25-14 07:40 AM
    looks like another good day for the SP! Chen is acting and doing the right things. I am a little concered if BBM is only at 85M at this point and will stick to my previous posts that they need to sell at least the consumer side in the 30-60 days to cash in on this. QNX is making headway which is great as well. Hopefully BES and corporate sales are doing well, that's the 3rd leg of the BBRY stool that needs to be in place. Great to see progress under the new regime....and the trackpad..... Next big decision whcih will tell me a lot is if they can dump their proclivity for way overpricing handsets on relese. Break this old habit and I think BBRY has a real chance here.
    I was actually relieved to hear the 85 million active users. All we've heard out of BB up until now is over 20 million downloads of the app. Considering, I think with the added downloads and the ones that just tried and left, that's a pretty decent retention rate. I was half expecting it to be in the 70's especially seeing how quiet they've been about the active users.
    02-25-14 07:49 AM
    If anyone is interested, I'll present my non-biased bear side
    cjcampbell, snejpa, sidhuk and 1 others like this.
    02-25-14 07:51 AM
    5" inch screen with BB 10.2 OS under $200? I think this phone is going to sell like hot cakes.
    02-25-14 08:01 AM
    Some of my personal excerpts from the Press Conference:

"This will be a subscription service, so that's how we'll monetize eBBM."
    "SAP will be joining us w/ their apps (Fioree?)"
    Q: Are there any flagship devices to be announced this year?
    A: "Yes, we have some high end devices that we are working on. But I'm not able to show or share with you right now."
    Q: In a year from now, how will we be able to tell if this new strategy is successful?
    A: "I should be able to get to break even this fiscal year and profitable by end of next fiscal year. I'm managing bottom line very carefully. We'll know in a year from now if that's going to be a reality or not."
    Q: What was your reaction to the Whatsapp deal last week? Does it change your strategy?
    A: No, not really. We have always been working on putting BBM on every phone there is. You can even argue on every device there is, EVEN BEYOND A PHONE. We believe the world is going to go a machine to machine world. Even at the Qualcomm booth where we have the QNX car, you should go take a look at the dashboard. And we definitely want to put BBM into the hands of enterprise. It's secure, and there's features we can give them that they need.
    Q: How to do plan on marketing mid-market phones? Seems everybody is going after that market now.
    A: Given our focus on security, enterprise, productivity, we need to build high end phones that are geared towards enterprise. Think of BlackBerry as SERIOUS computing. Not just another phone that is the cheapest phone. I want to build phones in verticals. But we need to build high-end phones for enterprise.
    02-25-14 08:03 AM
    Wow, a lot of good news from Barcelona! BES 12, BBM protected and two phones. This is going to be a very good day for the sp. I'm really surprised BlackBerry will make a phone with trackpad again. But his phone will be the opportunity to let the users of legacy devices upgrade to bb10. Except for those who want to stay with a BIS phone. High hopes for the Z3, really looking forward to the pictures.
    Latest news two new BES customers Daimler AG and Airbus! That's good! That's restoring my faith in the management of BlackBerry as a shareholder.
    As a consumer I'm waiting for is the Q30 and desktop BBM!

Posted via CB10
    Once BBM is available on Window phone, it can be ready for the desktop in a week.
    02-25-14 08:04 AM
113,256 ... 24502451245224532454 ...