View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I have to quote this from the globe and mail article.

"Like many former �CrackBerry� addicts, Chen converted to an Apple iPhone years ago, switching back when he joined BlackBerry. It took him a while to get used to the BlackBerry 10 operating system, but now, �I never use the iPhone any more,� he says. �The iPhone now feels like a toy. I don�t think you�ll find [I�m] the only person saying it.��
    02-24-14 04:41 PM
    and thats why i dont trust everything on the news anymore. better use my own brain. pole dancing (because of plastic artwork) has 100 times more credibility than these dressed up news people. it is bad to the point that, even if they are reporting genuine story, i still doubt them.
    sidhuk and rarsen like this.
    02-24-14 05:02 PM
    Blackberry needs to stop advertising to business customers as being rational.

Posted via CB10
    Corbu likes this.
    02-24-14 05:11 PM
    QNX to run next generation of intelligent vending machines? Speculation, but here's a job post for a position at Bsquare:

Senior Software Engineer Team Lead-QNX Team
    BSQUARE - Greater Atlanta Area

Have you ever wanted to be at the forefront of developing technology for bleeding-edge products? Would you like to be a part of a team creating revolutionary, smart connected devices? This is your opportunity to join the team building feature rich consumer products used by millions!

Bsquare is looking for a motivated Embedded Software Engineer with excellent technical leadership skills. This is an opportunity to join the team working on the next generation of intelligent vending machines. Bsquare team members tackle some of the toughest technical problems alongside the brightest and most innovative talent in the embedded industry. This is a fast paced team that values the new ideas and contributions.

Bsquare, a global leader in embedded solutions, applies experience and expertise on leading platforms to create new connections with customers, new business models and new ways of working and communicating. Bsquare partners across ecosystems, forging a unique combination of world-class professional services with essential hardware, software and licensing resources to enable smart-connected devices that are reliable and valuable to end-users, and successful for our customers.

Responsibilities

Develop the next generation of intelligent vending products
    Write embedded applications, middleware, and drivers for QNX on an Arm-based processor
    Provide strong technical leadership
    Be the primary interface between project teams working on-site and remotely
    Work in a cohesive team environment working with internal and external customers
    Work in an entrepreneurial environment, independently as a self-starter
    Develop software in an Agile/Scrum environment The majority of software will be UI and middleware code running on the QNX operating system
    Provide QNX platform level support as required
    Work on projects with the number one brand in world

Senior Software Engineer Team Lead-QNX Team at BSQUARE in Greater Atlanta Area - Job | LinkedIn
    bungaboy, sidhuk, Corbu and 9 others like this.
    02-24-14 05:21 PM
    02-24-14 05:29 PM
    How QNX in-car tech is a rare bright spot for BlackBerry Ltd

-- If Ford does indeed shift to QNX, the move would provide BlackBerry�s software company with enough momentum to ensure the company remains the market leader through 2020 and beyond, according to Egil Juliussen, principal analyst of infotainment for IHS Automotive.

�They have a good start in in-car technology,� Mr. Juliussen said. �They tend to be early with anything new, and they�ve done a very good job of positioning themselves � QNX is probably the most reliable system and takes the least amount of computing hardware to operate.�

How QNX in-car tech is a rare bright spot for BlackBerry Ltd | Financial Post
    snejpa, sidhuk, bungaboy and 4 others like this.
    02-24-14 05:36 PM
    The ignorance is overwhelming. Pull out a 10 year old blackberry and ask why Ford is switching to Blackberry....Even the knowledge guy didn't have the positive points except to say MSFT is worse.

How about OTA secured updates saving manufacturers $$$. How about a system that won't 'reboot' except siloed modules, which is why it runs nuclear plants..

Ford picks BlackBerry for sync system - CNBC
    Well I wouldn't sign those guys up to head my marketing team - "QNX: Not quite so buggy".

Z10 STL100-3 |10.2.1.2141 | Bell | CB10
    bungaboy and zyben like this.
    02-24-14 05:38 PM
    2am will tell us if we move past 10

Posted via CB10
    02-24-14 06:29 PM
    On the matter of Ford leaving Microsoft and coming to BlackBerry, apparently Ford's ratings have plummeted based on the J.D. Powers Initial Quality Study. According to Powers, Ford has gone from 93 problems per hundred vehicles to 118 causing it to fall from fifth place in quality, right behind Lexus, to 23rd. Technology appears to be the culprit.

The Trouble With J.D. Power's Initial Quality Study - Feature - Car and Driver
    I'm starting to look at Ford as a place to put some money now. If their technology problems are solved by using QNX, surely that will lead to more positive reviews, better rankings, and of course, better sales.

Posted while peeking and flowing on my incredible BBQ10! ?
    02-24-14 07:22 PM
    On the matter of Ford leaving Microsoft and coming to BlackBerry, apparently Ford's ratings have plummeted based on the J.D. Powers Initial Quality Study. According to Powers, Ford has gone from 93 problems per hundred vehicles to 118 causing it to fall from fifth place in quality, right behind Lexus, to 23rd. Technology appears to be the culprit.

The Trouble With J.D. Power's Initial Quality Study - Feature - Car and Driver
    Does that mean no more "Fix Or Repair Daily" or "Found On Road Dead" jokes?
    rarsen and sidhuk like this.
    02-24-14 07:45 PM
    Does that mean no more "Fix Or Repair Daily" or "Found On Road Dead" jokes?
    No!

Lol

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-24-14 08:38 PM
    Traders Have Noticed That The Buy-Apple, Sell-BlackBerry Trade Has Flipped

http://www.businessinsider.com/money...-bberry-2014-2

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk, jxnb, bungaboy and 3 others like this.
    02-25-14 01:01 AM
    Am I wrong or did they just up their MDM pricing to $240 a year?
    02-25-14 01:58 AM
    You would be correct

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 02:01 AM
    02-25-14 02:02 AM
    I think with all this news we will see 11 today

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 02:03 AM
    You would be correct

Posted via CB10
    Nope. Corrected to $19 and $60 a year.
    bungaboy, rarsen and dusdal like this.
    02-25-14 02:06 AM
    Am I wrong or did they just up their MDM pricing to $240 a year?
    Clever on the eBBM suite and BBM protected.

Subscription services look great on the earnings statement.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and zyben like this.
    02-25-14 02:09 AM
    eBBM suite coming to enterprise and also BBM to non-phone/tablet devices.
    dusdal likes this.
    02-25-14 02:12 AM
    Soo this protected Bbm has me worried is Bbm now not protected

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 02:13 AM
    Wow, a lot of good news from Barcelona! BES 12, BBM protected and two phones. This is going to be a very good day for the sp. I'm really surprised BlackBerry will make a phone with trackpad again. But his phone will be the opportunity to let the users of legacy devices upgrade to bb10. Except for those who want to stay with a BIS phone. High hopes for the Z3, really looking forward to the pictures.
    Latest news two new BES customers Daimler AG and Airbus! That's good! That's restoring my faith in the management of BlackBerry as a shareholder.
    As a consumer I'm waiting for is the Q30 and desktop BBM!

Posted via CB10
    zyben, bungaboy, rarsen and 2 others like this.
    02-25-14 02:15 AM
    Yeah, good show in Barcelona! Pleasing Z3, dedicated enterprise BBM, extremely aggressive pricing on BES, good ideas on the marketing side to call the Belt-Q20 the BlackBerry Classic and skipping BES11and last but not least: "I should be able to break even this fiscal year and profitable by the end of next fiscal year...".
    zyben, jxnb, bungaboy and 3 others like this.
    02-25-14 02:16 AM
    He did mention high end device(s) this year as well.

Posted via CB10
    zyben, georg4BB, bungaboy and 1 others like this.
    02-25-14 02:17 AM
    Only 85 million active bbm users.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 02:17 AM
    BlackBerry Unveils New BlackBerry Q20 Smartphone | Inside BlackBerry

Only 85 million active bbm users.

Posted via CB10
    That's... not great - looks like serious slowdown on BBM take-up but could also represent significant falloff of legacy users.
    dusdal likes this.
    02-25-14 02:18 AM
113,256 ... 24492450245124522453 ...