View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    1. Car manufacture only installs the display screen in the car so it will be a few hundreds $ saving for the customers when they buy the car,
    2. The "Brain" will be on the customer's playbook or BB10 phone.
    In this way, Blackberry can sell lot more phones because anyone who buys a new car will want to buy a BB phone to save the $$$ in the Infotaiment system.
    I don't think you understand why car manufacturers sell these infotainment systems - they are among the most profitable accessories they can include in a vehicle. They are probably willing to install full $1000+ systems that interface with smartphones but they aren't going to offer screens for a few hundred dollars.
    02-24-14 11:55 AM
    I don't think you understand why car manufacturers sell these infotainment systems - they are among the most profitable accessories they can include in a vehicle.
    That is exactly the point for Blackberry to do so because Blackberry can develop a car Infortaiment system much cheaper and better than that from the car manufacture. If a car manufacture does not want to be partnership with Blackberry, then Blackberry can sell the infotaiment system as "After-market" items for both the new or old cars.
    02-24-14 11:59 AM
    That is exactly the point for Blackberry to do so because Blackberry can develop a car Infortaiment system much cheaper and better than that from the car manufacture. If a car manufacture does not want to be partnership with Blackberry, then Blackberry can sell the infotaiment system as "After-market" items for both the new or old cars.
    Not going to happen when you buy a car you want a integrated system not some after market item
    OMGitworks likes this.
    02-24-14 12:00 PM
    Not going to happen when you buy a car you want a integrated system not some after market item
    Then how do you explain that most people bought the cars (i am one of them) by excluding out the GPS navigation system option and then buy a GPS from the market to do the same thing. The only difference is that the price of GPS navigation system from the car dealer is $950 while it only cost me $150 for the after-market GPS.
    morganplus8, bungaboy and rarsen like this.
    02-24-14 12:09 PM
    I work at one of the �Big 5� banks in Canada. One of my co-workers just got a new BB � it�s a Q10!.He hasn�t had much time to �play around� with it yet but I was trying to show him some features (i.e. The Hub) and to hype up BB in general � hope I didn�t overdo it � he seemed genuinely impressed.

Earlier today I was speaking to one of my Managers and, pointing to his desk, asked � �Is that a Q10?� His BB 9900 keyboard crapped out on him and the Q10 was what IT replaced it with. His comment to mine was �Yeah�it pretty slick�
    Not sure about the other 4 banks but it doesn�t look like BB is going away from this bank anytime soon. Not a peep of BYOD anywhere either 
    Last edited by bobor9; 02-24-14 at 01:32 PM.
    02-24-14 12:11 PM
    Hi all:

Here's a quick update on my BBRY charts.

30 minute chart shows that we are losing steam to go up. $9.55 is my estimated support. Daily chart is looking great. All news that were released during the weekend, and today are great. I think, the key here is to stay above MA200. The SP is above MA200 at last on both the 30 minute and daily chart. On the daily chart in particular, MA50 is on its way to cross MA200--another golden cross.

Daily:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2014-02-24-1.02.28-pm.png

30 minute:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2014-02-24-1.02.51-pm.png
    sidhuk, cjcampbell, zyben and 13 others like this.
    02-24-14 12:14 PM
    Car companies know that they will eventually lose the market for GPS navigation systems to people's smartphones and portable GPS devices. However, they won't give up those profits without a fight. They would rather force you to use a portable GPS device with a suction cup, or make you have to pay for an aftermarket installation. Still, there will be plenty of people that will just opt for the expensive nav system if it's $1500 more but is built in.
    02-24-14 12:14 PM
    Car companies know that they will eventually lose the market for GPS navigation systems to people's smartphones and portable GPS devices. However, they won't give up those profits without a fight. They would rather force you to use a portable GPS device with a suction cup, or make you have to pay for an aftermarket installation. Still, there will be plenty of people that will just opt for the expensive nav system if it's $1500 more but is built in.
    OK. Maybe for a rich guy, he or she is willing to pay the $1500 extra for the same function. But for a poor guy (like me LOL), i will never pay such extra for so called "integrated" system. Not only the initial cost but also the repair cost. I had a friend (rich guy?!) who bought the Honda Odyssey in 2004 (the same year I bought mine) and paid $950 extra for the car navigation system while I bought the after-market GPS for $150 (Garmin nuvi 255w). Guess what, six years later, he had problem with the car navigation system and the dealer quoted for $600 to fix it while my little Garmin GPM still works. Well, the end of store was that he bought a Garmin GPS at $189.99 (more advanced model than mine) rather paying the $600 to fix his car navigation system. I was teasing him that why he didn't want to pay the $600 for fixing this time while willing to pay the extra $950 for that at the beginning. He stared at me, said "Don't even try that again on me. I was out of my mind at that time, OK?"
    rarsen likes this.
    02-24-14 12:30 PM
    Think I've said this before. But that BlackBerry bootleg ad has me thinking about it again.

BlackBerry needs a penetration testing team that specializes in exploiting android (Samsung knox) and iOS. Then, they deploy that team with a company's permission to show how insecure the company's data is.

And then just make a sale on BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-14 12:30 PM
    The problem was fixed via an update. I suspect all OS have things like this, people just have not discovered them as of yet. Blackberry is not immune to todays hackers, even though most think so, they are not.
    Problem is not fixed for everyone ... and it may be very late since that hole is so trivial ...
    Apple Inc. has pushed an update for iOS mobile devices to close a gaping hole in its security software, which gave spies and hackers the ability of to grab e-mail, financial information and other sensitive data. An update for its Mac computers is reportedly coming “very soon.”
    "Very soon" ... like "secure enough".
    Nothing is 100% bullet proff but this goto:fail thing isn't even a security flaw; it's a basic, rookie developer mistake.
    And now we know there's one here ... I pray the hackers don't get the others.
    Well, I pray for apple users, because some are friends ...

Edit: ommited the link: here it is : http://www.theglobeandmail.com/techn...ticle17062369/
    zyben, georg4BB, bungaboy and 3 others like this.
    02-24-14 12:40 PM
    I'm calling for a BlackBerry10 $10.10 resistance !!!

Attachment 250600
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    02-24-14 12:49 PM
    02-24-14 12:52 PM
    I'm calling for a BlackBerry10 $10.10 resistance !!!

Attachment 250600
    For today, maybe. Tomorrow is another day. It may gap up at the opening another $0.5. Who knows. LOL
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    02-24-14 12:54 PM
    The problem was fixed via an update. I suspect all OS have things like this, people just have not discovered them as of yet. Blackberry is not immune to todays hackers, even though most think so, they are not.
    No, Apples issue seem much deeper and kinda "scary".
    02-24-14 12:56 PM
    absolutely. Not cool, not sexy, just boring and profitable. Sounds good to me!!
    Superfly_FR, dusdal, Corbu and 3 others like this.
    02-24-14 12:57 PM
    Conflicting reports on BlackBerry Head of Design leaving the company. Here's WSJ (I don't have paywall access). BNN saying otherwise.

BlackBerry Head of Design Leaves Company - WSJ.com
    Corbu and sidhuk like this.
    02-24-14 12:59 PM
    For today, maybe. Tomorrow is another day. It may gap up at the opening another $0.5. Who knows. LOL
    IT very well could depending on what gets announced in 12 hours time
    02-24-14 12:59 PM
    Apparently some reports are now saying the patch Apple issued might not be all that hard to work around. Also that the issue has been around for some time.

Apple security flaw: what you need to know - Technology & Science - CBC News

Will the fix last and what risk remains?

The iOS update fixes the problems with mobile, but the current OS X 10.9.1 for Mac desktop and laptop computers is still open to attack, experts say.
    Industry researchers even warn that hackers could very soon find a way around both Friday's patch and similar fixes in future, prompting comparisons between Apple and Microsoft software, which historically has taken the lion's share of criticism over security flaws that could let hackers beat encryption.

According to Adam Langley, a senior software engineer at Google, writing for a blog on ImperialViolet.org, there's a "subtle bug deep in the code."
    Well good luck Air Force .....LOL@U
    La Emperor, Corbu, zyben and 6 others like this.
    02-24-14 01:05 PM
    It's not about Nav Systems anymore. It's the whole infotainment and car control systems. It's the GPS guys that are worried! Their only hope is selling Map updates to the Vehicle owners.
    sidhuk and OMGitworks like this.
    02-24-14 01:07 PM
    This is an example of what I've been frustrated with regarding BlackBerry marketing. Have a look at the poster in the background: 'The Choice of Those Who Make The Calls'. That might sound great, but it's the marketing of a company that is ALREADY at the top and can afford to be arrogant.

It just makes little sense to me in the current climate. Almost none of the BlackBerry ads (just have a look on their Facebook pages for more examples) have anything to do with informing the audience of why BlackBerry 10 etc matters, what it does, and why they need it. It's all just ego ads (frustrated sigh).

I do hope we are seeing the SP move above $10 USD for good this week, but I fear that unless BlackBerry are able to actually engage their audience with effective marketing instead of this vanity marketing, we may see yet another disappointing period of sales.

Now, obviously I've just been slapping these little bootleg ads together quickly in PhotoShop, but I really do think that at this point in time we might actually be a bit more effective than the BlackBerry marketing team if we can work together a bit and spread the stuff I'm making around along with stuff you guys come up with (I'd love to share some of your stuff too! ).

Right now, it just seems to me that BlackBerry are fixated on this vanity marketing approach, which I don't find very effective at all. Below is the image with the ad mentioned above, and under that is the sort of thing I think they would be better off with. Again, I'd love to also see and share marketing images you guys come up with geared towards actually informing an audience of the relevance and value of BlackBerry 10, BBM, etc.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-blackberry-mwc-keynote.jpeg
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-your-data-your-business-black-1-.jpg
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-privacy-matters-blue.jpg

Join the Cause @ BlackBerry Bootleg Marketing Channel - C003483F4
    Corbu, bungaboy, sidhuk and 2 others like this.
    02-24-14 01:10 PM
    02-24-14 01:11 PM
    Conflicting reports on BlackBerry Head of Design leaving the company. Here's WSJ (I don't have paywall access). BNN saying otherwise.

BlackBerry Head of Design Leaves Company - WSJ.com
    The BlackBerry Ltd. executive in charge of software design and one of the key drivers behind its current operating system has left the company, the latest in a string of executive departures under the new leadership of Chief Executive John Chen .

Don Lindsay, BlackBerry's vice president of user experience since 2009, left the company in January, according to a person familiar with the matter.

Mr. Lindsay, a longtime Apple Inc. and Microsoft MSFT -0.41% Corp. designer, was instrumental in the development of BlackBerry 10, the operating system the company made its debut along with several new devices early last year.

Mr. Lindsay was also a key player in the company's 2010 acquisition of The Astonishing Tribe, the small Swedish company that became the backbone for the look and feel of BlackBerry 10.

A BlackBerry spokeswoman didn't immediately respond to a request for comment.

Since taking over at Waterloo, Ontario-based BlackBerry in November, Mr. Chen has overseen a wide-ranging executive overhaul, ousting most of the senior leadership team and installing several of his former colleagues from SAP AG in top positions.

Earlier this month, Andrew Bocking , the BlackBerry executive in charge of the company's messaging application BlackBerry Messenger, or BBM, left the company. In December, executives in charge of global sales and mergers and acquisitions also departed.
    rarsen, sidhuk and Korepab like this.
    02-24-14 01:11 PM

For the next 18 months, you will see us put a strong focus on our enterprise customers, including finding new ways to be closer to our most critical customer segments to better understand their pain points.
    Corbu, sidhuk, rarsen and 1 others like this.
    02-24-14 01:19 PM
    The head of design leaving related to the change of direction in regards to the return of the trackpad.
    02-24-14 01:20 PM
    02-24-14 01:22 PM
113,256 ... 24472448244924502451 ...