View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I don't think that I would need touch screen if I get all the old buttons back. Not sure if that will save in battery usage. I would love to have the track pad back. Even though I am loving z30 right now.
    Phone calls features will be much faster and I wouldn't have to reach all the way up for the settings regardless of the screen size. Plus I always used keyboard short cuts for the keyboard blackberries.
    Either way, better to have more choices for the consumers because every one has different opinion.

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    morganplus8, rarsen and bondary like this.
    02-24-14 09:43 AM
    I don't think that I would need touch screen if I get all the old buttons back. Not sure if that will save in battery usage. I would love to have the track pad back. Even though I am loving z30 right now.
    Phone calls features will be much faster and I wouldn't have to reach all the way up for the settings regardless of the screen size. Plus I always used keyboard short cuts for the keyboard blackberries.
    Either way, better to have more choices for the consumers because every one has different opinion.

That's true. Ideally they might have a track pad Q phone and one without as well for those Q men who like that sort of thing.

Join the Cause @ BlackBerry Bootleg Marketing Channel - C003483F4
    sidhuk likes this.
    02-24-14 09:57 AM
    I worry that the "belt" brings more fragmentation to the brand giving devs another reason to stay away from making native apps.

I know there are a whole group here on CrackBerry who will welcome this news. There have even been threads here that the legacy OS will make a return this year for the want of things missed by BB10.
    02-24-14 09:58 AM
    Apple rushes to fix glaring security flaw: 'As bad as you could imagine'

Joseph Menn
    San Francisco — Reuters
    Published Monday, Feb. 24 2014, 10:10 AM EST
    Last updated Monday, Feb. 24 2014, 10:10 AM EST

Apple rushes to fix glaring security flaw: 'As bad as you could imagine' - The Globe and Mail
    sidhuk, Superfly_FR, zyben and 4 others like this.
    02-24-14 09:59 AM
    I thought the security issues at Apple would hit the stock price of AAPL hard, but it's nice and green... imagine the same headlines about BB, the stock would dive. I will never understand this.
    02-24-14 10:05 AM
    That's true. Ideally they might have a track pad Q phone and one without as well for those Q men who like that sort of thing.

Why not? Specially the hardware inventory risks are gone for BlackBerry. Samsung is making phones for every size and shape. Let the consumer decide. As long as any manufacturer is willing to produce for BlackBerry they should throw out full kitchen sink, blackberry should go for it and seems like they are going that route. As we heard before, phones are like movies, blackberry just haven't had a hit yet.

I want trackpad. It's very handy for text-editing. I sometimes use old BB9900 and I find I am able to edit text on it twice as fast, thanks to trackpad. I am
    Why do a lot of people think "how will we use trackpad with BB10 UI"? Well, you may not use trackpad all the time, but you will probably use it when you are editing text. Just because it exists, it doesn't mean you've to use it ALL the time to do all your navigation. And I am no newbie user of Q10, I am a power-use, I know shift+scrolling etc. But despite those shortcuts, trackpad based text editing is much faster.

As long as they figure out a way to integrate trackpad without compromising screen real-estate, I'd be happy with it. For example, if trackpad is only going to be used for text-editing, then they might integrate a micro-trackpad on the side of the phone (below the volume buttons). Like they used to have a side-roller/jog-wheel on the side before.
    Apple rushes to fix glaring security flaw: 'As bad as you could imagine'

Joseph Menn
    San Francisco � Reuters
    Published Monday, Feb. 24 2014, 10:10 AM EST
    Last updated Monday, Feb. 24 2014, 10:10 AM EST

Apple rushes to fix glaring security flaw: 'As bad as you could imagine' - The Globe and Mail
    You are a hard grinder bro. Lol

bungaboy and rarsen like this.
    02-24-14 10:07 AM
    I worry that the "belt" brings more fragmentation to the brand giving devs another reason to stay away from making native apps.

I know there are a whole group here on CrackBerry who will welcome this news. There have even been threads here that the legacy OS will make a return this year for the want of things missed by BB10.
    I heard that bb10 screen size is dynamic? I might be wrong. I am not a developer.

bungaboy likes this.
    02-24-14 10:09 AM
    Would love to see 10 today
    02-24-14 10:17 AM
    I thought the security issues at Apple would hit the stock price of AAPL hard, but it's nice and green... imagine the same headlines about BB, the stock would dive. I will never understand this.
    LoL. When titanic got hit, people didn't believe for some times that it could sink.
    Same thing with blackberry in early days.
    Most people are just followers. They believe in apple because they been told that apple will fix it and apple has the most money.

02-24-14 10:19 AM
    This twitter account is getting some teeth

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140224_083151.png

Posted via CB10
    02-24-14 10:32 AM
    oh gang, I'm so glad to be back THAT day ... we've got the news, we've got the hype ...
    Now and enjoy !

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    02-24-14 10:35 AM
    You are a hard grinder bro. Lol

No "grinder" here. LoL

My twitter account (which I don't use) got hacked a couple of days ago. So, what it my iPhone 4s (that has never had a SIM card in it because I hate it), my MacBook Pro, my new Nexus 7 32 FHD (that I got for $150), my new HTC One (I bought as I am an informed BlackBerry FanBoy ) or an old rooted SamSung Galaxy I re-activated to install BBM on Gingerbread?

Needless to say I changed all passwords and feel both Scroogled and iForked!!!

What's the difference between Sheep and Lemmings?
    sidhuk likes this.
    02-24-14 10:35 AM
    This twitter account is getting some teeth

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140224_083151.png 
Views:	739 
Size:	432.9 KB 
ID:	250565

Posted via CB10
    I think this focus on security is the way to go for BlackBerry right now, from BES10 to BlackBerry 10 to BBM. Line and WhatsApp have way more users, but they won't even bother to be as secure as BlackBerry.

With privacy and security becoming buzz words, BlackBerry can use their marketing to make people start fearing for their data and security, and they can provide real products and services to help protect them. This is what can make BBM special, and what can obviously promote the returning to BlackBerry devices.

02-24-14 10:37 AM
    I heard that bb10 screen size is dynamic? I might be wrong. I am not a developer.

Not about the screen size per se. Just concerned if some devices have the "belt" and others do not it will require different programming for different devices. I remember in the beginning BB10 was bragging how easy it is to program for with 2 screens that would not change and lack of fragmentation. This will add a bit of complexity to a platform that is already wanting for dev support I am guessing as I too am not a dev, just asking a question.
    sidhuk likes this.
    02-24-14 10:40 AM
    so been surfing around some of the car sites today reading the various reports how Ford is ditching MS for BB. Good litmus test is in the comments because these are car people responding to what is essentially non-car issues (at least not in a traditional sense).

Amazing how many people respond with "why, BB is bankrupt?". Amazing how much damage the media has done to this brand ..... it's staggering.
    02-24-14 10:58 AM
    so been surfing around some of the car sites today reading the various reports how Ford is ditching MS for BB. Good litmus test is in the comments because these are car people responding to what is essentially non-car issues (at least not in a traditional sense).

Amazing how many people respond with "why, BB is bankrupt?". Amazing how much damage the media has done to this brand ..... it's staggering.
    I agree looking at these comments really show how much damage the media has done. Don't you think a share price increase of 100 percent will get the medias attention
    morganplus8 and rarsen like this.
    02-24-14 11:00 AM
    No "grinder" here. LoL

My twitter account (which I don't use) got hacked a couple of days ago.
    Needless to say I changed all passwords and feel both Scroogled and iForked!!!

What's the difference between Sheep and Lemmings?
    My condolences. Around the world in 2 years and back to blackberry for me. LoL.

bungaboy likes this.
    02-24-14 11:07 AM
    Not about the screen size per se. Just concerned if some devices have the "belt" and others do not it will require different programming for different devices. I remember in the beginning BB10 was bragging how easy it is to program for with 2 screens that would not change and lack of fragmentation. This will add a bit of complexity to a platform that is already wanting for dev support I am guessing as I too am not a dev, just asking a question.
    I heard with qnx kernel it is more flexible. LoL.

02-24-14 11:10 AM
    A few years ago, when the Blackberry Playbook was just out, I wrote that Blackberry should invest on the car Infotaiment system that has docking station with playbook or BB phone. The idea I presented at that time were as follows:
    1. Car manufacture only installs the display screen in the car so it will be a few hundreds $ saving for the customers when they buy the car,
    2. The "Brain" will be on the customer's playbook or BB10 phone.
    3. Once the driver gets into the car, he just needs to insert the playbook or BB10 phone into the docking station and the car Infortaiment will be fully fuctional.
    4. Whenever the driver off the car, he just needs to take the PB or BB10 phone with him, then the car is secured because it cannot start without the brain (PB or BB10 Phone) identified with the owner's specific PB and BB10 phone I.D. number.

In this way, Blackberry can sell lot more phones because anyone who buys a new car will want to buy a BB phone to save the $$$ in the Infotaiment system.
    02-24-14 11:37 AM
    LoL, funny how Mark avoided NSA Fakup question.
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-24-14 11:41 AM
    Hey Morgan

Where are we on the TAC side of things
    02-24-14 11:41 AM
    The problem was fixed via an update. I suspect all OS have things like this, people just have not discovered them as of yet. Blackberry is not immune to todays hackers, even though most think so, they are not.
    02-24-14 11:44 AM
    10.06 +0.92
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-24-14 11:44 AM
113,250 ... 24462447244824492450 ...