View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    If today is not a good day for BBRY, they will never have one!

Good Luck to all and hoping for over $10 today!
    02-24-14 05:35 AM
    Greg, why today. What is in the news?

Posted via CB10
    02-24-14 06:23 AM
    BlackBerry to bring back function keys to win back former fans

BlackBerry to bring back function keys to win back former fans - The Globe and Mail
    02-24-14 06:32 AM
    Greg, why today. What is in the news?

Posted via CB10
    Ford dropping Windows for QNX and BBM going to WP. Both of those should give the sp a bit of a boost. In theory of course.
    02-24-14 06:33 AM
    Here's the headline!

Apple's 'Gotofail' Security Mess Extends To Mail, Twitter, iMessage, Facetime And More

sidhuk, zyben and rarsen like this.
    02-24-14 06:46 AM
    BlackBerry to bring back function keys to win back former fans

BlackBerry to bring back function keys to win back former fans - The Globe and Mail
    Good move IMHO. Never used a qwerty device but whenever I watched some using a 9900 I thought he's extremely fast with the touch pad.
    Hope they manage to add a good portion of coolness to this device .

EDIT
    Maybe a virtual Trackpad?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by georg4BB; 02-24-14 at 07:18 AM.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    02-24-14 06:50 AM
    Guys, Globe and mail reports they're restoring the trackpad?! Market watch is reporting this. Could anyone verify pls?

Posted via CB10
    02-24-14 06:57 AM
    Sorry, seems you're already providing links!

Edit: I hope this is and stays a rumour..

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by _dimi_; 02-24-14 at 07:10 AM.
    02-24-14 06:58 AM
    Guys, Globe and mail reports they're restoring the trackpad?! Market watch is reporting this. Could anyone verify pls?

Posted via CB10
    Some quotes.

. . . . . Sources familiar with the company say chief executive officer John Chen will announce Tuesday at a mobile industry conference in Barcelona that the Waterloo, Ont.-based company will restore its trademark “belt” of five function keys that sat between the screen and keyboard. . . .

. . . A company spokesman declined to confirm the announcement. In a recent interview, to be published later this week in Report on Business Magazine, Mr. Chen said that future BlackBerry 10 smartphones “will have some of the features our power-users love” but were not included on the first phones launched a year ago on the platform, the all-touchscreen Z10 and the Q10, which features both a keyboard and touchscreen. . . .
    morganplus8, rarsen and _dimi_ like this.
    02-24-14 07:09 AM
    FWIW, up 4.50% in Pre-Market.
    02-24-14 07:09 AM
    02-24-14 07:10 AM
    If all this good news doesn't bring Bbry above 10 today I will be disappointed

Posted via CB10
    02-24-14 07:15 AM
    It's feels like BB10 technology would go backwards rather than forward. Now, if JC decides to go ahead he must have a valid reason. My guess is he spoke to many enterprises / governments and that's the feedback he got. I just hope that this time around they will have sold the devices ahead of production.

Posted via CB10
    Reed Richards, bungaboy and zyben like this.
    02-24-14 07:15 AM
    So if I'm understanding this correctly 10.10 is the number we need to pass (and stay above)... that should trigger some algorithms to propel further...fingers crossed.

Z30 - Das Phone.
    bungaboy, sidhuk and rarsen like this.
    02-24-14 07:21 AM
    It's feels like BB10 technology would go backwards rather than forward. Now, if JC decides to go ahead he must have a valid reason. My guess is he spoke to many enterprises / governments and that's the feedback he got. I just hope that this time around they will have sold the devices ahead of production.

Posted via CB10
    It was probably just cheaper to produce the first year of phones without the trackpad.

But for complete functionality, the trackpad is a definite plus. I wouldn't mind seeing them implement a software version of it though that pops up with a gesture. It's been done with certain browser apps, just incorporate it into the OS.
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    02-24-14 07:22 AM

Posted via CB10
    an arguement could be made that if you blend the speed and stability of BB10 with functionality of BBOS hardware, you get a jacked up 9900 that many might appreciate. Might not be a bad thing persay...... but not for me mind you. I prefer the BB10 OS gestures by a country mile, but there are those that like the old trackpad.

I think thou, it brings them back to a slow and old device perception (too many people equate the trackpad device of yester-year with spinning hourglasses and battery pulls. Perhaps they plan to add a virtual trackpad....that could be pretty slick? Either way, interesting direction, I just hope they have an all glass option I can stick with
    zyben, Reed Richards and Supa_Fly1 like this.
    02-24-14 07:24 AM
    02-24-14 07:32 AM
    Perhaps they plan to add a virtual trackpad....that could be pretty slick? Either way, interesting direction, I just hope they have an all glass option I can stick with
    You wouldn't even need a real trackpad (like in origami browser) for this, just give us a gesture to show the pointer and let the screen behave like the old trackpad. I am not a fan of this rumor changing hardware boldwise. Looking for ways to optimize screen size while keeping the keyboard seems to me the right way to go.
    ibpluto and bungaboy like this.
    02-24-14 07:41 AM
    You wouldn't even need a real trackpad (like in origami browser) for this, just give us a gesture to show the pointer and let the screen behave like the old trackpad. I am not a fan of this rumor changing hardware boldwise. Looking for ways to optimize screen size while keeping the keyboard seems to me the right way to go.
    In the space of user interface, the "More Advanced" way does not equal to the better way to do things. When people used to something, many of them do not want to change it and they will absolutely hate something that someone forced on them. The good example is the UI between Win 7 and Win 8. Win 8 may be better than Win 7 but lot people (including myself) hate Win 8 because Win 8 took away the popular start up menu.
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-24-14 08:26 AM
    Good move IMHO. Never used a qwerty device but whenever I watched some using a 9900 I thought he's extremely fast with the touch pad.
    Hope they manage to add a good portion of coolness to this device .

EDIT
    Maybe a virtual Trackpad?

Posted via CB10
    I miss the trackpad. Miss typing a full email without having to look at the phone. Miss picking up and hanging up calls with a simple click. Having said that, I love the BB10 virtual keyboard.
    Corbu, bungaboy, sidhuk and 2 others like this.
    02-24-14 08:32 AM
    In the space of user interface, the "More Advanced" way does not equal to the better way to do things. When people used to something, many of them do not want to change it and they will absolutely hate something that someone forced on them. The good example is the UI between Win 7 and Win 8. Win 8 may be better than Win 7 but lot people (including myself) hate Win 8 because Win 8 took away the popular start up menu.
    I sure and with you on the Win 8 UI.
    sidhuk likes this.
    02-24-14 08:43 AM
    9.73 +0.59 (6.45%)

Up up and away
    02-24-14 08:52 AM
    02-24-14 09:19 AM
    an arguement could be made that if you blend the speed and stability of BB10 with functionality of BBOS hardware, you get a jacked up 9900 that many might appreciate. Might not be a bad thing persay...... but not for me mind you. I prefer the BB10 OS gestures by a country mile, but there are those that like the old trackpad.

I think thou, it brings them back to a slow and old device perception (too many people equate the trackpad device of yester-year with spinning hourglasses and battery pulls. Perhaps they plan to add a virtual trackpad....that could be pretty slick? Either way, interesting direction, I just hope they have an all glass option I can stick with

The only perception that that BB10 has brought to the market has been failure. Chen gets it, Thor and his pals didn't. They will not be able to compete in the broad consumer space, period!!!. What they needed to do, and what Chen is aiming to do is get a good percentage of the remaining base of users (80% of which are enterprise) to upgrade to BB10 in the next 12-18 months. If that means bring back the track pad, and keys so be it The days of shipping 10-12 million device per quarter are over for BBRY. If they can ship 3-4 million BB10 devices per quarter, this would be huge positive for the devices division and even bigger positive for the stock price.

Now with the "belt" coming back to qwerty models, you see a lot of comments on CB stating that it takes up to much "precious" real estate space. Actually what it will do is allow for a much larger screen display for the next qwerty (4 inches). Also, one hand use on the larger display will still be possible with the addition of the trackpad.
    Last edited by Im Mo Green; 02-24-14 at 09:32 AM.
    02-24-14 09:20 AM
    The only perception that that BB10 has brought has to the market has been failure. Chen gets it, Thor and his pals didn't. They will not be able to compete in the broad consumer space, period!!!. What they needed to do, and what Chen is aiming to do is get a good percentage of the remaining base of users (80% of which are enterprise) to upgrade to BB10 in the next 12-18 months. If that means bring back the track pad, and keys so be it The days of shipping 10-12 million device per quarter are over for BBRY. If they can ship 2.5-3.5 millions per quarter, this would be huge positive for the devices division and even bigger positive for the stock price.

Now with the "belt" coming back to qwerty models, you see a lot of comments on CB stating that it takes up to much "precious" real estate space. Actually what it will do is allow for a much larger screen display for the next qwerty (4 inches). Also, one hand use on the larger will still be possible with the addition of the trackpad.
    This idea that BlackBerry will never be able to compete in the consumer space is very, very short-sighted, and I hope that isn't the attitude at BlackBerry. We known the reasons that BlackBerry 10 didn't sell well on launch and for the rest of 2013, and they weren't because of the quality of the OS or hardware.

I don't think any of us can say what the consumer market share pie will look like in five years, but there is no reason BlackBerry can't have a considerable portion of it.

As for these keyboard phones with trackpads, I don't know what to think because I haven't seen one yet, and will never buy one. I do think it's a mistake to assume that customers can tell you what they really want, but we will see. Just because people are complaining about a lack of a track pad doesn't mean they will love BB10 if it gets one, or that the phones will sell in big numbers. Obviously, I hope they will sell, but I also hope they don't start designing backwards instead of forwards.

I'm, like everyone else, really looking forward to seeing this Z3, and it's price. It's the brand negativity that is depressing sales, along with almost a total lack of knowledge about BlackBerry 10. A cheap BlackBerry 10 phone, and BBM for everyone, will be a great start. Throw in a bit of proper advertising, and we're off.

Again, I hope that if they do advertise they will start focusing on why people should buy BlackBerry 10, and not on telling people who BlackBerry people are, or what they do (and no more 'Fauxtrepreneur' ads please.)

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-your-data-your-business-black-1-.jpg

Join the Cause @ BlackBerry Bootleg Marketing Channel - C003483F4
    morganplus8, Corbu and rarsen like this.
    02-24-14 09:39 AM
113,251 ... 24452446244724482449 ...