Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%

Gotta wonder where it went wrong..

Posted via CB10
    Do you have to wonder? He says it right in the video haha. 'we're the worst diversified portfolio...'

You can see right in this video exactly why BlackBerry nearly died. He had no desire to be flexible at all, and even laughed at the idea lol. Thanks for posting this. I'd forgotten how tragically arrogant and naive BlackBerry thinking was. It's changed a lot, and will hopefully continue to. They should watch clips of this every morning as a reminder of how not to think lol

Join the Cause @ BlackBerry Bootleg Marketing Channel - C003483F4
    techvisor likes this.
    02-23-14 05:16 AM
    Do you have to wonder? He says it right in the video haha. 'we're the worst diversified portfolio...'

You can see right in this video exactly why BlackBerry nearly died. He had no desire to be flexible at all, and even laughed at the idea lol. Thanks for posting this. I'd forgotten how tragically arrogant and naive BlackBerry thinking was. It's changed a lot, and will hopefully continue to. They should watch clips of this every morning as a reminder of how not to think lol

I think I've mentioned this before but when I used to meet BBRY execs, if you asked them about competition, they looked at you like you had two heads - the actual quote I always remember is "We don't react to the market, we are the market".
    techvisor likes this.
    02-23-14 05:19 AM
    Everybody up early in the AM. Canadian boys make us proud again like last time!

Posted with my gorgeous Z30
    Got coffee and beer in hand. Game will start soon. My 10yo soon is also up watching with me. GO CANADA!!!

Posted via CB10
    02-23-14 05:42 AM

Just being a little sarcastic :-) it's staggering really. Studies at Harvard, CEO of a 66 billion company at that time, .. and he says the one thing you should never say in public.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-14 05:51 AM
    I think I've mentioned this before but when I used to meet BBRY execs, if you asked them about competition, they looked at you like you had two heads - the actual quote I always remember is "We don't react to the market, we are the market".
    That's amazing. What a fool. That's what happens when you are excellent at something but lack an understanding of history - and common sense. It really is absolutely astonishing that they could have thought that. They are still suffering badly from a lack of understanding of the general public, but it's getting better (i hope), and hopefully the new additions are better at this.

02-23-14 05:55 AM
    That's amazing. What a fool. That's what happens when you are excellent at something but lack an understanding of history - and common sense. It really is absolutely astonishing that they could have thought that. They are still suffering badly from a lack of understanding of the general public, but it's getting better (i hope), and hopefully the new additions are better at this.

Tied to that, when the iphone started to make ground, the original BBRY strategy wasn't to replicate features it was to try and explain to consumers why they didn't actually want these features - full browser? No, it will cost you money and so on...
    02-23-14 06:00 AM
    Here we go:
    *CA* Go Team Canada Go*CA*

Z30 - Das Phone.
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    02-23-14 06:13 AM
    Allright gang, hope hockey is fine !
    Driving back home today, starting within an hour or so, BBM Glympse, video and voicenote all way back with my darling wife & girls
    Hey, give me a BBM vid sometimes, I'm alone for a 7 hours ride !

Cheers,
    Enjoy your Sunday, back in business tomorrow /
    SF
    02-23-14 06:26 AM
    Here we go:

Z30 - Das Phone.
    1-0 Canada!

Keep working boys!

CB10'n it via da Z
    bungaboy, Shanerredflag and sidhuk like this.
    02-23-14 06:29 AM
    Here we go:

Z30 - Das Phone.
    GOAL!!

Posted via CB10
    02-23-14 06:30 AM
    Tied to that, when the iphone started to make ground, the original BBRY strategy wasn't to replicate features it was to try and explain to consumers why they didn't actually want these features - full browser? No, it will cost you money and so on...
    Absolute madness.

02-23-14 06:34 AM
    LOL...LOVE Cherry's suit.

Z30 - Das Phone.
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    02-23-14 06:47 AM
    Absolute madness.

It's history. Water under the bridge now. Keep Moving! LoL
    Corbu, _dimi_, sidhuk and 1 others like this.
    02-23-14 06:47 AM
    In other competition news, MSFT have just announced changes to the WP reference model that (if I am unferstanding this correctly) so that it will run on pretty much any android hardware allowing OEMs to recycle designs (including dual sim) and as part of this Lenovo, foxconn and about 10 other new partners are on board - sounds like it's moving to the windows desktop model of OEM relations.
    02-23-14 06:49 AM
    Simple actually . . .

Bloomberg: BlackBerry to get major boost from Ford • 2:34 AM

• Ford (F) is set to drop Microsoft (MSFT) Windows as the basis for the car-maker's next-generation Sync system and use BlackBerry's (BBRY) QNX instead, Bloomberg reports.
    • The move follows technical difficulties, while QNX will also be faster, cheaper and more flexible.
    • Sync, which is in over 7M vehicles that are on the road, allows drivers to make mobile-phone calls and play music using voice-activation.
    Getting Sync right appears to be rather important - surveys indicate that in-vehicle technology is the leading selling point for 39% of auto buyers,
    02-23-14 06:55 AM
    In other competition news, MSFT have just announced changes to the WP reference model that (if I am unferstanding this correctly) so that it will run on pretty much any android hardware allowing OEMs to recycle designs (including dual sim) and as part of this Lenovo, foxconn and about 10 other new partners are on board - sounds like it's moving to the windows desktop model of OEM relations.
    So it paid billions for Nokia for what?

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, _dimi_, sidhuk and 3 others like this.
    02-23-14 07:04 AM
    GOAAAAAAAL

Z30 - Das Phone.
    plasmid_boy and bungaboy like this.
    02-23-14 07:22 AM
    Foxconn was announced today as Windows Phone hardware partner.

Indeed very confusing why Microsoft announced all those OEM partners when they bought Nokia?
    rarsen and techvisor like this.
    02-23-14 07:33 AM
    2-0 after 40 minutes.
    02-23-14 07:33 AM
    What a game so far. Half in the bag at 8:30 to boot

Posted via CB10
    02-23-14 07:43 AM
    Those darn bags lol

Z30 - Das Phone.
    bungaboy and cjcampbell like this.
    02-23-14 07:45 AM
    Yes!

bungaboy, Shanerredflag and rarsen like this.
    02-23-14 08:00 AM
    3 - ZIP!!!!
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    02-23-14 08:01 AM
    So it paid billions for Nokia for what?

Posted via CB10
    Beats me, having said that we don't know what happens behinds closed doors - they might have an agreement to use Nokia to drive volume and then exit stage right so partners can profits or they might be attempting what Motorola failed to do for Google.
    02-23-14 08:07 AM
    Well done, Canada!

02-23-14 08:30 AM
113,250 ... 24432444244524462447 ...