View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Facebook to buy whatsapp for about $16b cash and stock
    and yet analysts were assigning ZERO valuation to BBM.

WhatsApp had nearly 400M users. BBM is not even 100M yet (last official announcement put them less than 100M). BBM needs to step-it up quickly!
    02-19-14 04:13 PM
    Good Lord, $16 billion plus stock for WhatsApp

Edit: Actually, $4B cash plus $12B stock.
    02-19-14 04:14 PM
    Approximately $45 per user. I think they're about 350 'registered' users aren't they?

Edit: closer to 450 million by now, so ~ $36 per user.

http://www.statista.com/statistics/2...hatsapp-users/

Posted via CB10
    Definitely bad news for BBM, Facebook has the users and money to make WhatsApp even bigger.
    Well... it's telling that they could have taken out BBRY in its entirety for far less and then strip out BBM but didn't...

Could see a squeeze here - whatsapp on the consumer and lync on the enterprise size (lync excluding exchange is already a billion dollar business for MSFT).

Approximately $45 per user. I think they're about 350 'registered' users aren't they?

Posted via CB10

A bit more than $45 if they only have 350 users
    God dammit. Remember the headlines about TH travelling to FB headquarters over the weekend...

Posted via CB10
    02-19-14 04:15 PM
    Definitely bad news for BB/BBM, Facebook has the users and money to make WhatsApp even bigger.
    It makes no difference. All it does is add some sense of valuation for a widely used IM client. What this does mean, however, is that for WhatsApp users, their information is less private than before, and they will be able to receive more tightly targeted adds. Good for them.
    02-19-14 04:15 PM
    It makes no difference. All it does is add some sense of valuation for a widely used IM client. What this does mean, however, is that for WhatsApp users, their information is less private than before, and they will be able to receive more tightly targeted adds. Good for them.
    Except it doesn't - the market never seems to value integrated business Units in the same way it does stand-alone companies - which it often seems to irrationally overvalue - in less than twelve months this could be another Motorola.
    02-19-14 04:18 PM
    Except it doesn't - the market never seems to value integrated business Units in the same way it does stand-alone companies - which it often seems to irrationally overvalue - in less than twelve months this could be another Motorola.
    After hours trading would disagree with the lack of valuation credentials. You may be right about what it holds, and how it is valued, but it does show value for a messenger with millions of subs.
    zyben, silversun10 and morganplus8 like this.
    02-19-14 04:20 PM
    Definitely bad news for BBM, Facebook has the users and money to make WhatsApp even bigger.

Link:
    Facebook - Current Report
    Do you ever see the glass . . . half full? Just curious.

And I don't think it is bad news for BBM. People are getting more and more fed up with the Facebook/Google ways.
    02-19-14 04:21 PM
    BBRY bouncing around after hours. Up 6% at the moment.
    bungaboy and rarsen like this.
    02-19-14 04:21 PM
    We are rocketing up AH. Now up 7.66%! Any idea what is driving it?
    jake simmons3 likes this.
    02-19-14 04:23 PM
    yes, i don't think as a BBM user or even a whatsapp user you don't want to be ruled by companies like Facebook or Google or Microsoft. and agree again the positive is, it puts a price tag on BBM. These big monster companies are too big and intrusive. If you don't like the NSA, you should hate these Three Bad Amigos...and then i didn't even mention Apple, same difference...
    02-19-14 04:23 PM
    We are rocketing up AH. Now up 7.66%! Any idea what is driving it?
    this has been trading funny for weeks now.
    02-19-14 04:24 PM
    7.1% up now. It's the Facebook Whatsapp deal effect.
    02-19-14 04:24 PM
    After hours trading would disagree with the lack of valuation credentials. You may be right about what it holds, and how it is valued, but it does show value for a messenger with millions of subs.
    You were sure to see a cheeky punt based on the facebook action, it will bleed away - having said that, BBM along with the Enterprise is where the value is in the company - even the upgrades have written off hardware and BB10.
    02-19-14 04:25 PM
    Great news for BBM
    bungaboy and rarsen like this.
    02-19-14 04:27 PM
    Do you ever see the glass . . . half full? Just curious.

And I don't think it is bad news for BBM. People are getting more and more fed up with the Facebook/Google ways.
    Well I disagree, WhatsApp is clearly a force to be reckoned with, they have over 450 million people using the service each month (70% of those people active on a given day), messaging volume approaching the entire global telecom SMS volume and are currently adding more than 1 million new registered users per day.

What's the latest on BBM numbers.......crickets......................

Facebook to Acquire WhatsApp - Facebook Newsroom
    02-19-14 04:28 PM
    7.1% up now. It's the Facebook Whatsapp deal effect.
    It's nice to see that the market translates this to positive news for BBM. Funny trading is right Jake S.
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-19-14 04:29 PM
    You were sure to see a cheeky punt based on the facebook action, it will bleed away - having said that, BBM along with the Enterprise is where the value is in the company - even the upgrades have written off hardware and BB10.
    Regardless of what the upgrades have or have not included in their target pricing, my point stands.
    zyben and bungaboy like this.
    02-19-14 04:31 PM
    A picture's worth.....

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-8.jpg
    02-19-14 04:33 PM
    Well I disagree, WhatsApp is clearly a force to be reckoned with, they have over 450 million people using the service each month (70% of those people active on a given day), messaging volume approaching the entire global telecom SMS volume and are currently adding more than 1 million new registered users per day.

The Market doesn't seem to agree with you! Either do I.

Time will tell.

Think I will go troll at the fFacebook and Whatsapp Forums for a while.

Later.
    02-19-14 04:34 PM
    Well, the good news about the Whatsapp deal, I'd say for BBM, is now BBM can have a nice evaluation too... In the 1B mark? Who knows...

Dun Dun DUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN...
    02-19-14 04:35 PM

Not sure if anything was said regarding WhatsApp user numbers so not sure why you brought it up. It's no secret and nobody here would contend that they are huge. I believe that what being alluded to, is that it's no longer just WhatsApp, it's now Facebook and WhatsApp together.
    02-19-14 04:36 PM
    Facebook is just trying to use there over valued stock before it crashes
    02-19-14 04:36 PM
    Well, the good news about the Whatsapp deal, I'd say for BBM, is now BBM can have a nice evaluation too... In the 1B mark? Who knows...

Dun Dun DUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN...
    Closer to 3.5 Billion I think.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, rarsen and sidhuk like this.
    02-19-14 04:37 PM
113,256 ... 24322433243424352436 ...