View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    02-18-14 02:29 PM
    In my opinion this is a great move by John Chen.
    Corbu, rarsen, zyben and 5 others like this.
    02-18-14 02:40 PM
    BBRY deflating now but it was a good day and I made some money!

The real question is can this continue tomorrow?

I am betting it will. Maybe through the week.
    02-18-14 02:46 PM
    BBRY deflating now but it was a good day and I made some money!

The real question is can this continue tomorrow?

I am betting it will. Maybe through the week.
    With my limited expertise on tech side it should try to cross 200MA within next few days base and then try to stick around $10. Unless some really real bad news come up. At the same time based on response from Chen today he would have kept quite if any bad news were coming out from BB within next few days. Based on his positive, polite and yet aggressive attitude I can only expect bull news. I think it is going up at least until Friday due to monthly OPEX
    02-18-14 03:53 PM
    02-18-14 04:10 PM
    With my limited expertise on tech side it should try to cross 200MA within next few days base and then try to stick around $10. Unless some really real bad news come up. At the same time based on response from Chen today he would have kept quite if any bad news were coming out from BB within next few days. Based on his positive, polite and yet aggressive attitude I can only expect bull news. I think it is going up at least until Friday due to monthly OPEX
    I am looking forward to this:
    "And for our loyal customers on the T-Mobile network, know that we have an offer in the works designed especially for you. Watch this space for an update very soon."
    zyben, bungaboy and rarsen like this.
    02-18-14 04:11 PM
    In my opinion this is a great move by John Chen.
    I am currently with T-Mobile with unlocked BB10 devices and I am not aware of such nonsense. If I ever received offers from T-Mobile asking me to switch to a different smarkphone, my response would be pretty simple. I'd switch the carrier, not my phones!
    Last edited by rim4ever; 02-18-14 at 05:47 PM.
    zyben, sidhuk, bungaboy and 3 others like this.
    02-18-14 05:33 PM
    As mentioned here earlier, In addition to Third Point which has position in BBRY, another hedge fund has it as his LARGEST position!
    He has a very interesting background, see below....

DAVIDE LEONE & PARTNERS INVESTMENT CO LLP Institutional Portfolio - NASDAQ.com

FN 40 Under 40 Hedge Fund Rising Stars - profiles in full - Financial News

excerpt below:

- Davide Leone

Founder, Davide Leone and Partners Investment Company

Age 35

Leone spent more than a decade working for Farallon Capital Management, Thomas Steyer�s San Francisco-based hedge fund, before leaving to strike out on his own. He worked as a portfolio manager at Farallon both in the US and at Noonday Asset Management, the firm�s exclusive sub-adviser in London. Last year Leone set up Davide Leone and Partners Investment Company and in April he launched the DL Partners Opportunities fund, a global event-driven strategy. He continues to run money for Farallon at the new venture.
    Corbu, bungaboy, rarsen and 5 others like this.
    02-18-14 05:34 PM
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...A1H23820140218

Excellent bit of PR from Chen. There are several other major pieces in the media on this as well. Great move.

Posted via CB10
    Corbu, bungaboy, rarsen and 2 others like this.
    02-18-14 05:56 PM
    02-18-14 06:05 PM
    I am currently with T-Mobile with unlocked BB10 devices and I am not aware of such nonsense. If I ever received offers from T-Mobile asking me to switch to a different smarkphone, my response would be pretty simple. I'd switch the carrier, not my phones!
    We had several threads get started on it.
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-18-14 06:07 PM
    Switched over from the other guys to BlackBerry Z10 the 1st of the year, amazing phone. Now that I have learned most of the ins & outs I'll never switch back. Placed my order with my broker today and purchased shares this afternoon.

Posted via CB10
    zyben, Corbu, bungaboy and 10 others like this.
    02-18-14 06:43 PM
    02-18-14 06:53 PM
    http://n4bb.com/bbm-senior-product-m...es-blackberry/

Very worrisome that BBM is losing this much talent. There must be something going on behind the scenes that we are not aware of. I always fear the worst.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-14 07:26 PM
    BBM Senior Product Manager, Sumit Parab, Leaves BlackBerry - N4BB

Very worrisome that BBM is losing this much talent. There must be something going on behind the scenes that we are not aware of. I always fear the worst.
    Indeed, but we can also hope for the best. Change is hard but seldom a bad thing.
    02-18-14 07:44 PM
    BBM Senior Product Manager, Sumit Parab, Leaves BlackBerry - N4BB

Posted via CB10
    Don't!
    sidhuk, rarsen and Shanerredflag like this.
    02-18-14 07:46 PM

Posted via CB10
    I see it as a positive. I like to see who replaces them.

Posted via CB10
    jxnb and bungaboy like this.
    02-18-14 09:48 PM

Posted via CB10
    The real talent lies with group who designed and programmed BBM. As long as those programmers, engineers and designers are there then BBM will be fine.

Z10 STL100-3 |10.2.1.2141 | Bell | CB10
    notafanboy, georg4BB, jxnb and 3 others like this.
    02-18-14 10:46 PM
    BBM Senior Product Manager, Sumit Parab, Leaves BlackBerry | N4BB

Posted via CB10
    We got to hope that these people were part of Blackberry's problem. If Blackberry is to have a chance to move forward, you GOT to make changes. All we can hope is that they are the right changes! And yes, you can be "much" is going on behind closed doors.

Today will tell much, it will be an interesting ride! Best of luck to "most" of you!
    02-19-14 05:57 AM
    Looks like more and more of none believers are finally seeing BlackBerry products for what they really are.... fantastic! As per link, Dan Nessel, the founder of DadDoes.com and very big iPhone fan goes BlackBerry Z30 for 7days.
    http://n4bb.com/iphone-fan-impressed...rry-z30-video/

Posted via swift BlackBerry Z30!
    02-19-14 06:07 AM
    Looks like more and more of none believers are finally seeing BlackBerry products for what they really are.... fantastic! As per link, Dan Nessel, the founder of DadDoes.com and very big iPhone fan goes BlackBerry Z30 for 7days.
    http://n4bb.com/iphone-fan-impressed...rry-z30-video/

Posted via swift BlackBerry Z30!
    Thanks for sharing this...love it.

Z30 - Das Phone.
    rarsen, Superfly_FR and bungaboy like this.
    02-19-14 07:01 AM
    Thanks for sharing this...love it.

Z30 - Das Phone.
    Definitely starting to see a turning of the tide. Still a long way to go, but getting there.

Here's another bootleg BlackBerry ad for the fun of it. I'll keep dropping more into the Social Media Campaign thread every few days

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 249271
    02-19-14 07:06 AM
    Hi guys, just a pop
    I'm on digital rehab here for a week, but don't fear, I'm still watching ... sometimes !
    Cheers
    SF
    02-19-14 07:30 AM
    It is a long way out but im protecting myself from losing my entire investment by giving chen some time to turn the ship around. Who knows it could be anywhere in Jan 2016 but im better its higher then 12 dollars lol
    Why do you think you are "protecting myself from losing my entire investment" by going out that long? What's the strike price? There's no protection there, its a pure bet. Your entire investment is absolutely at risk with no hedge or protection. I know you say you are betting its higher in 2016 and I hope it is, but its not protected from anything.

I've made and lost money on BBRY calls before, but please don't think you are in any way protected. Going out 3 years is a costly way to do it. I would, personally, never go out that far, but its your money so good luck!
    02-19-14 07:32 AM
    Hi guys, just a pop
    I'm on digital rehab here for a week, but don't fear, I'm still watching ... sometimes !
    Cheers
    SF
    Come on you can do it. Let go of your Z30 already... ;-)
    02-19-14 07:33 AM
113,256 ... 24292430243124322433 ...