Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    So, um...GREEN!!!! lol

Z30 - Das Phone.
    Ribes Nigrum, zyben and bungaboy like this.
    02-18-14 08:55 AM
    Toronto is recovering...
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140218_160649_edit.png
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    02-18-14 09:09 AM
    I hope they introduce BES10 cloud to the public soon. Was looking at the Mobile Congress 2014 website and it seems BlackBerry won't be attending?!

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-18-14 09:24 AM
    So 75.26 percent of the share are held by Institutions
    02-18-14 10:04 AM
    Hey Morgan what do you think need earnings will look like with the sale of the restate and tax benefits.
    02-18-14 10:44 AM
    02-18-14 10:50 AM
    So BB fans and investors. Where do we see us in next few weeks ? Looks like all negativity is gone now other than what shorts got in their fantasy land. May be chen/Foxconn will surprise us at MCW. I am guessing it won;t be like BB, announce today and release in months, it will be like available within few weeks
    02-18-14 11:00 AM
    So BB fans and investors. Where do we see us in next few weeks ? Looks like all negativity is gone now other than what shorts got in their fantasy land. May be chen/Foxconn will surprise us at MCW. I am guessing it won;t be like BB, announce today and release in months, it will be like available within few weeks
    I just hope it's available in the UK. The Z3 will sell to the youngsters over here, as well as generally. I'm really hoping to see it land in shops soon.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-18-14 11:13 AM
    I just hope it's available in the UK. The Z3 will sell to the youngsters over here, as well as generally. I'm really hoping to see it land in shops soon.

Posted via CB10
    If it does well in asian market then BB might make it available to UK, Africa and middle east. Those days are gone when one phone other than iphone sells like hot cake, too many phones to compete so it sells few millions to start it will be good start. Jakarta is just to keep the brand and OS live. Like AMazon makes no money and gives away free stuff or at cost so it can stay relevent.
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-18-14 11:18 AM
    If it does well in asian market then BB might make it available to UK, Africa and middle east. Those days are gone when one phone other than iphone sells like hot cake, too many phones to compete so it sells few millions to start it will be good start. Jakarta is just to keep the brand and OS live. Like AMazon makes no money and gives away free stuff or at cost so it can stay relevent.
    Agreed BBRY will make hardly any money on the z3 if its is 200 and under but thats not there plan here.They want to get bb10 in the hands of as many ppl as possible
    02-18-14 11:24 AM
    If it sell a 'few million' it would be by far the most successful BB10 phone... given the current brand weakness of BBRY in the UK, you have to be looking at a sub-�100 price for it to be competitive with phones like the Moto G, Lumia 521 and the Samsung... beats the **** out of me what they call the cheapo samsung - Galaxy awesome tab seven alpha something?
    02-18-14 11:24 AM
    If it sell a 'few million' it would be by far the most successful BB10 phone... given the current brand weakness of BBRY in the UK, you have to be looking at a sub-�100 price for it to be competitive with phones like the Moto G, Lumia 521 and the Samsung... beats the **** out of me what they call the cheapo samsung - Galaxy awesome tab seven alpha something?
    We wont see it sub 100 pounds that is for sure with the leaked spec we can see it being around 200 USD
    02-18-14 11:28 AM
    Hey Morgan what do you think need earnings will look like with the sale of the restate and tax benefits.
    The next Q is their 2014 final Q and it is going to be messy. They are rolling out CORE savings and dealing with contraction in revenues at the same time. Everyone wants to hear that they have stopped burning cash, if they can show a bottom in cash outflow and a bottom in Enterprise sub reductions via revenues, the stock will take off. I was very disappointed in their slow pace of CORE in Q3, they need to speed that part of the business up and fast. The sooner Chen can tell us that they are cash neutral the better. Then the tax inflow comes in fiscal 2015 and even if we are looking out 2 more quarters for flat revenues, cash and an increase in tax returns, the market will love them for it. I think BBM-X will be a huge success when they offer voice for everyone. We just have to accept that CORE is a slow improvement to the bottom line with some possible positives coming in flat Enterprise revenues and a surprise in Z30 sales. Don't forget all of that inventory that needs to find a home now, we could see a slightly positive trade in the stock while taking on some more negative data simply because there is light at the end of the tunnel. Hard to say more than that with zero data! I personally still love the trade but I know that it might be June before we see an end to the negative press.
    02-18-14 12:08 PM
    The next Q is their 2014 final Q and it is going to be messy. They are rolling out CORE savings and dealing with contraction in revenues at the same time. Everyone wants to hear that they have stopped burning cash, if they can show a bottom in cash outflow and a bottom in Enterprise sub reductions via revenues, the stock will take off. I was very disappointed in their slow pace of CORE in Q3, they need to speed that part of the business up and fast. The sooner Chen can tell us that they are cash neutral the better. Then the tax inflow comes in fiscal 2015 and even if we are looking out 2 more quarters for flat revenues, cash and an increase in tax returns, the market will love them for it. I think BBM-X will be a huge success when they offer voice for everyone. We just have to accept that CORE is a slow improvement to the bottom line with some possible positives coming in flat Enterprise revenues and a surprise in Z30 sales. Don't forget all of that inventory that needs to find a home now, we could see a slightly positive trade in the stock while taking on some more negative data simply because there is light at the end of the tunnel. Hard to say more than that with zero data! I personally still love the trade but I know that it might be June before we see an end to the negative press.
    Great read on things Morgan. You are on the money when you say we need to see the light at the end of the tunnel and when we do we will see a nice gap up.
    02-18-14 12:13 PM
    Great read on things Morgan. You are on the money when you say we need to see the light at the end of the tunnel and when we do we will see a nice gap up.
    When you don't hear from me much on the board it is because I'm really pleased with what I see happening here. their products are getting better, the BB OS 10.2.1 update is the start of some amazing improvements the like of what Apple will never be able to keep up with. The phone selection is getting better with the Z30 a big hit in a small way. I see countless ads for a trade from iPhone and Samsung to the Z30. You never see a Z30 trade back to iPhone. This includes the iPhoe 5S which tells you a lot about the BB 10 OS.

As for the stock, it has institutional support now, meaning that everytime the stock drops to support, they start buying it up again. We are so close to forming our first uptrend line, I think this will happen this week. When we form an uptrend line, you will be able to time the stock for trading purposes. I like everything about this trade now, just the slow move towards CORE bums me out. I'm a buyer of more stock on weakness and will make my purchases selling naked Puts. Great day today, the 200-dma is at $ 9.72/shr/US and falling, it's a matter of time now.
    rarsen, georg4BB, bungaboy and 6 others like this.
    02-18-14 12:24 PM
    Next possible positive catalysts:
    2 FoxConn phones released within next few months
    more MDM contracts
    Cash position as Morgan explained
    Cash bleeding pause, stop or reduction
    BBMX with Video, desktop, BBM money
    BB Business Blend,

Negative

More cash bleeding
    Governments dumping BBs, BB10
    Governments dumping BES
    Chen and executives leaves BB

Anything else ?
    morganplus8, dusdal, jxnb and 4 others like this.
    02-18-14 12:25 PM
    Next possible positive catalysts:
    2 FoxConn phones released within next few months
    more MDM contracts
    Cash position as Morgan explained
    Cash bleeding pause, stop or reduction
    BBMX with Video, desktop, BBM money
    BB Business Blend,

Negative

More cash bleeding
    Governments dumping BBs, BB10
    Governments dumping BES
    Chen and executives leaves BB

Anything else ?
    I highly doubt we will see any regulated companies drop BB that is for sure. The only thing im concerned about is cash burn. I want to see that coming to an end
    02-18-14 12:54 PM
    more MDM contracts
    It'll be interesting to see how last year's CAL trade up program went. BlackBerry changed the terms last week so that all traded up CALs are being converted to perpetual EMM CALs. Original terms required trade up AND activations before the perpetual CAL would be granted for the activated CALs.

So unless I'm mistaken this change will dampen EMM/MDM revenues a bit.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-14 12:58 PM
    In addition to the 10,000,000 shares newly acquired by 3rd Point, some one may already mention that in the latest fillings which show:
    1. JERICHO CAPITAL ASSET MANAGEMENT L.P. -> 6,726,349 shares (new)
    2. TWO SIGMA INVESTMENTS LLC -> 3,672,470 shares (new)
    3. REDIT SUISSE AG - > 3,419,534 shares (new)
    4. DAVIDE LEONE & PARTNERS INVESTMENT CO LLP -> 6,969,572 shares (net increase)
    02-18-14 12:58 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=906051

For those who are interested, I started a thread for us to help with a bit of bootleg advertising using the social media and contacts available to us. This is the biggest BlackBerry community in the world...i thought we may as well pitch in with some marketing of our own in addition to watching the ticker all day. I've made two BlackBerry 10 and BBM comic pics today using one that the WhatsCrap folks were using to bash BlackBerry...I'd love to see and share what others can come up with after ten minutes in PhotoShop. I won't post a message like this in this thread again...just think with a group effort we've got the ability to help out as well as cheer on...I've found that a lot of people are finally willing to give BBM a shot...a big collective push by us through our various phone contacts and social media really can make a bit of a difference right now...especially for BBMx.

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 249044
    Attachment 249045
    zyben, Randeman, georg4BB and 1 others like this.
    02-18-14 01:10 PM
    It'll be interesting to see how last year's CAL trade up program went. BlackBerry changed the terms last week so that all traded up CALs are being converted to perpetual EMM CALs. Original terms required trade up AND activations before the perpetual CAL would be granted for the activated CALs.

So unless I'm mistaken this change will dampen EMM/MDM revenues a bit.

Posted via CB10
    Does not matter what BB do for this but how does customer know. We used to get call from BB sales and the last call/visit was about 2 years ago. BB need to follow up, call customers to let them know what is going on CAL cost, promotion, etc. Some people still think it cost $100 per device for bes license
    02-18-14 01:19 PM
    So Morgan i took the jump and entered a call option position with BBRY Expiry date Jan 15 2016. I wanted to make sure i gave chen enough time to turn the ship around and turn a profit. I know they where a bit expensive but if bbry does turn around i will make a good profit on the calls. I just want to be rewarded well if bbry does turn the ship around
    morganplus8 likes this.
    02-18-14 01:23 PM
    So Morgan i took the jump and entered a call option position with BBRY Expiry date Jan 15 2016. I wanted to make sure i gave chen enough time to turn the ship around and turn a profit. I know they where a bit expensive but if bbry does turn around i will make a good profit on the calls. I just want to be rewarded well if bbry does turn the ship around
    I do not know but I find that long is too early to buy calls. Why not wait until major crashed on the way to Jan 16 and keep adding more
    02-18-14 01:38 PM
    I do not know but I find that long is too early to buy calls. Why not wait until major crashed on the way to Jan 16 and keep adding more
    It is a long way out but im protecting myself from losing my entire investment by giving chen some time to turn the ship around. Who knows it could be anywhere in Jan 2016 but im better its higher then 12 dollars lol
    morganplus8 and bungaboy like this.
    02-18-14 02:16 PM
    02-18-14 02:27 PM
113,256 ... 24282429243024312432 ...