View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Yet another person wants to switch to BlackBerry 10 after seeing my Z10 last night. I wouldn't worry too much about poor sales right now, BUT I will certainly be worried if BlackBerry do nothing to promote the next phones that come out. I really hope this Jakarta is cheap enough to sell in large numbers. All people need is exposure to BlackBerry 10 and they are sold.

I pray Chen will have the sense to release some OS advertisements this year. It doesn't matter whether they use the Z30 or Q30 or Z10, or Q10, or all of the above in the ad. They just need to show people that BlackBerry 10 is NOT the old BlackBerry, and actually let people know it's the fastest browser and best multitasker in town.

I know people in here agree with this because we've all been shouting it at the tops of our lungs for ages. Any bets on whether BlackBerry will do this, or whether they will simply push devices into a void, or toxic wasteland of public negativity without any support?

My bet is that BlackBerry will probably mess up the pricing and marketing again and fail to promote BlackBerry 10, BUT I think there is a decent chance that the next line of phones will sell much better because of less toxic 'BlackBerry is Dead' drag on the products, and that word of mouth will slowly get things going.

With near 0% sales in the US right now, any clear improvement in 2014 is likely to be very delicious for the SP. Oh, please BlackBerry...we beg you: get the specs and the price right in 2014 and let's put this near death experience behind us!!

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 08:59 AM
    Morgan and all pros here,
    Now that BlackBerry held $9 in normal session and went up over, 3% after Loeb news came out what are your thoughts considering the news, chart, bear week and the bull news after hours. Morgon, would you load up now? Does anything change with 9$ support and mcw around the corner.
    Plz share your thoughts.

Posted via CB10
    Hey, there is no denying that BBRY had a bad week, we gave up on the uptrend line that started last year, and, we closed below $ 9.00/shr which signaled a possible test down to the $ 8.60/shr area. My plan was to sell naked Puts against the stock at that level and as of AH, I might not get that chance.

So here is the chart showing the breakdown in the price of the stock and where we could go from here:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-chart-feb-15th-2014.png

We have overhead resistance from the $ 10.85/shr area on down to the departure from the 200-dma. We accelerated the drop when news began floating around on Friday that Indonesian sales of BB phones are really poor. We ended the day prior to a long weekend, near the lows. So where do we go from here? Last night's news appears to have stopped the drop down to $ 8.60/shr for now, what is important to know is what price did Loeb make his purchases at, and what are his intentions in holding this stock? We are due for a technical bounce from here and as you can see, the 200-dma and the downtrend line in blue are resistance. On the flip side, the blue uptrend line has be clearly broken and there is little hope that we can regain that channel formation anytime soon. So that leaves us looking at the green line as our next possible start for a long lasting uptrend line. We have all week to work our way over to it and establish our very first trend for the year. In order to get above $ 10.00/shr though, we need some good news and what that is will likely have to do with BB finally showing signs of bottoming out in some division of the business. If Enterprise subs/revenue were to show signs of bottoming out, we would be off to the races. I don't think that the Loeb news is enough to stop the uncertainty here, it will take something from BBRY to build from here.

My plan is to watch the TA and if things start working their way back towards $ 8.50/shr, I'm prepared to write those Puts, ($ 9.00/shr strike for April/2014) to acquire more shares. My green line suggests that we might see $ 8.60/shr and climbing from there, we have all week to try and close above the 200-dma which is currently at $ 9.75/shr and dropping daily. A rally to the 200-dma makes a ton of sense, whether we have enough strength to get through that level remains to be seen!
    02-15-14 09:41 AM
    Interesting twist to the Third Point purchase of BBRY shares. Dan Loeb, who controls the fund was sued by Prem Watsa eight years ago when he, and a number of other hedge funds, took short positions in Fairfax.

Dan Loeb builds 1.9% BlackBerry stake - FT.com
    bungaboy and zyben like this.
    02-15-14 10:25 AM
    Interesting twist to the Third Point purchase of BBRY shares. Dan Loeb, who controls the fund was sued by Prem Watsa eight years ago when he, and a number of other hedge funds, took short positions in Fairfax.

Dan Loeb builds 1.9% BlackBerry stake - FT.com
    Billionaire feuds! This should be interesting.

Jokes aside,I would imagine prem and Dan are both on the same side now?

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-15-14 11:21 AM
    Gang, in case youy missed it, here it is, finally !
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...achesi-904841/
    02-15-14 11:25 AM
    Morning Gang. Traveling at full swing. Try story maker for BlackBerry with your photos. This is one heck of a story making app.
    I am using z30 as only traveling device. Working great so for.

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    02-15-14 11:33 AM
    Good weekend read on Cybersecurity from Michael Brown, Vice President, Security Product Management and Research at BlackBerry

Cybersecurity in the surveillance age | Government Security News

Security in this environment cannot be an afterthought. It must be built in at every layer -- hardware, software, and network infrastructure -- to ensure end-to-end protection.
    Props to BerryFlow for this (BlackBerry security VP discusses cybersecurity in the surveillance age |)
    02-15-14 12:33 PM
    Was at a Valentines party last night til the wee hours. All the young ones I hang with mid 20's are starting to be intrigue by BlackBerry all because of BBMx.

With the new update they are starting to see the value of BlackBerry and most have never owned one before. I would say that all the females have iPhone so talking the benefits of moving to BlackBerry is quite easy.

I could not have said this 6 months ago, I really believe we are gaining some traction. This will eventually turn into sales for BlackBerry.

My mate Eric who has a Nexus is pushing BBMx all the time now and he is a new user of it because of me. This is wonderful to see in the younger generation. It also helps that my girlfriend has a Z30 so the younger females feel comfortable talking to her about what BlackBerry has to offer the iPhone crowd.

Things are definitely changing for the better for BlackBerry. It's a slow movement but it is happening. Maybe not as fast as some would like but I am a very patient man.

Posted with my gorgeous Z30
    Last edited by bigbadben10; 02-15-14 at 06:34 PM.
    02-15-14 12:38 PM
    D.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 03:12 PM
    D.

Posted via CB10
    Welcome BanffMoose,
    A+ ?
    02-15-14 06:33 PM
    I support BlackBerry and I do Belize maaan:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-dscn0203.jpg

Z30 - Das Phone.
    Corbu, cjcampbell, sidhuk and 11 others like this.
    02-15-14 07:32 PM
    Welcome BanffMoose,
    A+ ?
    Yes! My first **** post! Sorry all. I gotta make sure this phone's screen is locked...

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    02-15-14 11:26 PM
    Yes! My first **** post! Sorry all. I gotta make sure this phone's screen is locked...

Posted via CB10
    No worries
    add a password while at it, picture password is a no brainer and an awesome feature !
    02-16-14 06:34 AM
    D.

Posted via CB10
    What kind of phone are you using to do that?
    sidhuk likes this.
    02-16-14 06:47 AM
    02-16-14 07:36 AM
    CEO of my company was raging about his Galaxy 4. Battery dies so fast it is like a five hour phone for him he says when he is out of the office and using it.

If Apple doesn't make a five inch iPhone, BBRY could be left with an opening in the large phone market because Android flagship phones just don't have Battary life.

Posted via CB10
    plasmid_boy, sidhuk and zyben like this.
    02-16-14 07:57 AM
    ^^^^

The Z30 will make it on it's own merits, IMO.
    sidhuk and zyben like this.
    02-16-14 09:03 AM
    OT but during after-hours, identifying other technologies permitting surprising visual possibilities:

Eye in the sky can track everyone within a 25 square mile area | DVICE

Swallow a camera, skip a colonoscopy | DVICE
    02-16-14 09:47 AM
    CEO of my company was raging about his Galaxy 4. Battery dies so fast it is like a five hour phone for him he says when he is out of the office and using it.

If Apple doesn't make a five inch iPhone, BBRY could be left with an opening in the large phone market because Android flagship phones just don't have Battary life.

Posted via CB10
    Not true, the LG G2 has fantastic battery life (longer than the Z30) and has a 5.2" 1080p screen with 424 ppi resolution (and is physically smaller\lighter than the Z30).

http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3...&idPhone2=5543

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    techvisor likes this.
    02-16-14 10:01 AM
    Not True.
    I Have Used LG G2. It does not have better battery life than Z30. Z30 when used with dark themes has much longer battery life than iPhone and LG G2. I have never used samsung or Sony phone so I don't know about any of those. Now using dark themes for few months, I can't even imagine going back to normal screens.

G2 is a good phone but it is not a blackberry.

I liked the back buttons but I hated the bottom bezel. Cause it was cutting right in to my finger when typing or resting on my finger.
    I gave up lgG2 after a month or so to go back to Z30. Never again going to get caught in to hardware speck BS.

02-16-14 10:18 AM

Posted via CB10
    Can't have an opening with no marketing and no channel support - if they can get channel support back and spend upwards of $750 million then you might see some movement but without both, not going to happen.

I Have Used LG G2. It does not have better battery life than Z30. Z30 when used with dark themes has much longer battery life than iPhone and LG G2. I have never used samsung or Sony phone so I don't know about any of those. Now using dark themes for few months, I can't even imagine going back to normal screens.

That post is a good indicator of how fast this market moves - the G2 came to market in Sept 2013, it will be replaced by the G3 @ May 2014 at latest or maybe slightly earlier, no sign of similar speed in BBRY line-up.
    02-16-14 10:58 AM
    G3 will not be a blackberry.
    I am fine with my z30 for next few years. Unless blackberry introduces a physical keyboard phone with bigger better screen and may be with track pad.
    Not going to switch away from blackberry. No iPhone or Android no matter what the hardware specks are.been there done that. I am satisfied with bb10 software. I like the way blackberry is tweaking it's operating system.
    Z30 is very fast with the current hardware. And I am satisfied.

02-16-14 11:19 AM
    Not True.

I liked the back buttons but I hated the bottom bezel. Cause it was cutting right in to my finger when typing or resting on my finger.
    I gave up lgG2 after a month or so to go back to Z30. Never again going to get caught in to hardware speck BS.

Most reviews and battery tests would disagree with you. The bottom bezel is awesome on the G2, not sure how is cuts your finger and I have had it since it's launch.

I consistently get 24-30 hours per charge with 4 hours of screen time and 36+ hours on light use.

Sent from my LG-D803 using CB Forums mobile app
    techvisor likes this.
    02-16-14 11:47 AM
    Most reviews and battery tests would disagree with you. The bottom bezel is awesome on the G2, not sure how is cuts your finger and I have had it since it's launch.

I consistently get 24-30 hours per charge with 4 hours of screen time and 36+ hours on light use.

Sent from my LG-D803 using CB Forums mobile app
    So why you post in' this info in the "I support BlackBerry and i Buy Shares" thread? Isn't it better suited for and Android/LG forum?

Seriously.
    02-16-14 12:07 PM

Posted via CB10
    ^ bungaboy, I was responding to this post.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    techvisor likes this.
    02-16-14 12:50 PM
113,250 ... 24252426242724282429 ...