View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I must say it: 6% lost in two days... I must be missing something but I don't get it.

Seems to me we deserve better than this. Cheers!
    BNN News is reporting that 11,000,000 handsets were sold in the reporting period in Indonesia, and of those, BlackBerry only represented 14%. I can't find the official report for this but that is why the stock is down today. This and a lack of senior management to greet you at the main office isn't helping things.

On another note, gold is doing very well CJ!

On still another note, Catherine Murray on BBN News won't return my 350 requests today to use her as my backup choice for a Valentine's girl. What up with that?

Anyways, glad the week is over.
    rarsen, Randeman, Corbu and 11 others like this.
    02-14-14 04:05 PM
    02-14-14 04:14 PM
    BNN News is reporting that 11,000,000 handsets were sold in the reporting period in Indonesia, and of those, BlackBerry only represented 14%. I can't find the official report for this but that is why the stock is down today. This and a lack of senior management to greet you at the main office isn't helping things.

On another note, gold is doing very well CJ!

On still another note, Catherine Murray on BBN News won't return my 350 requests today to use her as my backup choice for a Valentine's girl. What up with that?

Anyways, glad the week is over.

Thanks, Morgan!

Anxious to see how Foxconn/BBRY will tackle the Indonesian market. Seems to me Foxconn wants to make things happen. We should start learning a bit more about this new venture 10 days from now, with MWC.
    02-14-14 04:26 PM
    02-14-14 04:30 PM
    If BBMx can get Video and Screen Share across as soon as possible, and get some more big names into BBM Channels, and perhaps add a cool feature or two, WhatsApp and Viber won't stand a chance over the long term. It's quality that matters now. The numbers will come eventually once that is in place. I do think that even though money is tight BlackBerry should do at least a bit of BBM advertising to help get some users. London Tube ads and ads in select cities in the US and elsewhere would be great. In the meantime, we need to see the undervaluation of BBM as a good thing and not a bad thing. As investors, would we really want to have to pay for BBM instead of getting it for free?

Posted via CB10
    BBMX is great the way it is , my main concern is the volume of the notifications on iOS my Wife, Son, Father.... etc are all iPhone users
    they all really like bbmx but all complain they can't adjust the notification volume. So guess what they end up either texting or using
    iMessage, I keep giving them heck but, I really think for day to day users this is a major flaw in bbmx.
    02-14-14 04:36 PM
    I think, this supports the move for BlackBerry to enter the more affordable phone tier.

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-g...&utm_term=Tech Chart Of The Day&utm_campaign=SAI_COTD_021414

Attachment 247922
    02-14-14 04:47 PM
    Primecap increases stake in BBRY by 20% or 5.655 Million shares, and fidelity doubled there stake to about 5 Million shares.
    But the big one is Third Point discloses a 10 Million share stake

Posted via CB10
    The shorts are about to have a long and sleepless weekend. I can almost feel a gap up on Tuesday.
    02-14-14 05:40 PM
    Morgan and all pros here,
    Now that BlackBerry held $9 in normal session and went up over, 3% after Loeb news came out what are your thoughts considering the news, chart, bear week and the bull news after hours. Morgon, would you load up now? Does anything change with 9$ support and mcw around the corner.
    typically Toronto goes up on Mondays when there is a long weekend in US. Then US starts with huge gap. I seen this 3 times in last couple years. Then we fill the gap. Few gaps to fill before the book value.

I think shorts were waiting for the latest data an d then they started shorting more this week after data came out on Tuesday.

Plz share your thoughts.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 06:32 PM
    Morgan and all pros here,
    Now that BlackBerry held $9 in normal session and went up over, 3% after Loeb news came out what are your thoughts considering the news, chart, bear week and the bull news after hours. Morgon, would you load up now? Does anything change with 9$ support and mcw around the corner.
    typically Toronto goes up on Mondays when there is a long weekend in US. Then US starts with huge gap. I seen this 3 times in last couple years. Then we fill the gap. Few gaps to fill before the book value.

I think shorts were waiting for the latest data an d then they started shorting more this week after data came out on Tuesday.

Plz share your thoughts.

Posted via CB10
    I believe the TSX is closed on Monday as well for 'Family day'.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 06:38 PM
    I can't view this here in the States, but it sounds like a nice story:

CTV Kitchener: Giving back with apps | CTV Kitchener News
    bungaboy, erbby, BBNation and 2 others like this.
    02-14-14 06:40 PM
    02-14-14 07:17 PM
    I can't view this here in the States, but it sounds like a nice story:

CTV Kitchener: Giving back with apps | CTV Kitchener News
    Nice story. So much for free trade!!! You can't watch a Canadian TV video.

Like the cufflinks.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-ctv-kitchener.jpg
    02-14-14 07:26 PM
    The shorts are about to have a long and sleepless weekend. I can almost feel a gap up on Tuesday.
    Yup! LoL

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-nasdaq-feb-14-2014-after-hours.jpg
    rim4ever, Corbu, rarsen and 2 others like this.
    02-14-14 07:27 PM
    Nice. Just downloaded both of them in show of support. I won't use the Chicopee one but Herrle's will be used. Didn't ever even think to look for one.
    bungaboy, erbby, Corbu and 2 others like this.
    02-14-14 07:36 PM
    Interesting read on phones

Microsoft plunges into handset battle as Google withdraws
    JAMES B. STEWART
    The New York Times News Service
    Published Friday, Feb. 14 2014, 5:22 PM EST
    Last updated Friday, Feb. 14 2014, 5:27 PM EST
    Microsoft plunges into handset battle as Google withdraws - The Globe and Mail
    rarsen, zyben, cjcampbell and 1 others like this.
    02-14-14 08:14 PM
    Nice. Just downloaded both of them in show of support. I won't use the Chicopee one but Herrle's will be used. Didn't ever even think to look for one.
    Chicopee and Blue Mountain were where I learned to ski as a kid. Good memories.

Posted via CB10
    cjcampbell likes this.
    02-14-14 08:59 PM
    Chicopee and Blue Mountain were where I learned to ski as a kid. Good memories.

Posted via CB10
    I learned at Chicopee as well, but after living in Whistler for 3 years, and Vancouver for 5 years before that, when I got back to town, I realized I was a tad jaded and unable to enjoy it lol

Posted via CB10
    plasmid_boy likes this.
    02-14-14 09:14 PM
    I like it. Chen knows where he is going, and I see BBRY moving higher over the remainder of the year. The first time in years, blackberry has an identity, and it will be great to see it play out over the next 12-18 months.
    bungaboy, jxnb, Corbu and 1 others like this.
    02-14-14 11:16 PM
    Not to be too negative but an update to a 4th or 5th most popular messaging app is hardly newsworthy. C or high level changes at publically traded companies always hit the wire. I do wish Chen would fill us in on his plan for replacing or consolidating or restructuring these positions.
    Yeah, but let's factor in that this 5th place app can now do what the first place app can, but better, faster, and secure.

What will the world say when BBMX allows for video too with no advertising, as Chen stated.
    02-15-14 12:55 AM
    I was wondering about this a while ago. Thanks.
    If I had extra cash, I would consider a short position in MS or Nokia now. I just don't see this panning out long term.

On a side note:
    I'd love to see QNX burst into gov't/military, etc with a hybrid OS for desktops. It could license the MS office suite, as that is the only stronghold that MS currently has.
    As long as the QNX OS had the same flow as say winXP, or 7, it would be a hit!

Image a world with no viruses, etc....
    02-15-14 01:24 AM
    Or my dream, have it so bb10 when hooked up to a screen mouse and keyboard becomes almost like a desktop OS.

This is similar to what Ubuntu had a need for the edge.

Then they could also create tablet which is just a screen with a battery which does a similar thing. I think that is what the end goal is.

You would make the desktop PC obsolete over night, some people would need one for the processing power.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 02:34 AM
    Then they could also create tablet which is just a screen with a battery which does a similar thing. I think that is what the end goal is.
    I'll add miracast/wifidirect support, BT and an USBOTG port ... and I believe you're pretty near to describe a future OEM peripheral ... by Foxconn ?
    02-15-14 07:36 AM
    I read it like most of you in this forum. From what I can see, here, it is respected when it is pro BBRY and not so much when they have something negative to say.
    That's probably true in some cases as should be expected given the thread's title.

But in your recent comments, particularly the one stating that BlackBerry market share is only 0.5% so no one would notice the recent BBM update (or something to that effect). I looked up the numbers, BlackBerry market share, even in the USA, is around 3%.

So, at least for your particular post, people didn't like it probably not only for its negativity, but likely also because it was factually incorrect or misleading. Moreover, such a comment added zero value to the community, so you shouldn't have expected anymore Likes than it received.
    It's Valentine's day weekend, go get some likes from your significant other!

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 08:20 AM
    That's probably true in some cases as should be expected given the thread's title.

But in your recent comments, particularly the one stating that BlackBerry market share is only 0.5% so no one would notice the recent BBM update (or something to that effect). I looked up the numbers, BlackBerry market share, even in the USA, is around 3%.

So, at least for your particular post, people didn't like it probably not only for its negativity, but likely also because it was factually incorrect or misleading. Moreover, such a comment added zero value to the community, so you shouldn't have expected anymore Likes than it received.
    It's Valentine's day weekend, go get some likes from your significant other!

Posted via CB10
    It actually isn't misleading or factually incorrect. The Blackberry market share for devices in use is around 3% (mostly legacy devices) and the market share of new sales of Blackberry for last quarter was 0.5%. Either way you cut it, it's a dreadful number and isn't going to get much better next quarter.

http://www.latimes.com/business/tech...#axzz2tOvORkoy

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    02-15-14 08:32 AM
    It actually isn't misleading or factually incorrect. The Blackberry market share for devices in use is around 3% (mostly legacy devices) and the market share of new sales of Blackberry for last quarter was 0.5%. Either way you cut it, it's a dreadful number and isn't going to get much better next quarter.

http://www.latimes.com/business/tech...#axzz2tOvORkoy

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    That's why I asked him (following his initial post) whether he was talking about device or BBM users. Neither of those are 0.5%. You simply cannot use new sales in one quarter to represent market share of BBM (which might be close to 80 million). That's misleading in every sense of the word.

Thanks for posting the link, but I have seen that article before.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 08:49 AM
113,256 ... 24242425242624272428 ...