View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Yes, for me bbm voice has been a lifesaver internationally.

Less significant domestically.

Posted via CB10
    rarsen, bungaboy and Reed Richards like this.
    02-13-14 02:04 PM
    Morgon or anyone else ? What does chart says now ? Are we going back to 8s again before 10s ? Today's news should hit it with 10s but it did not. Instead went down in up market. The sentiment is bearish now for short term until MCW and next ER. Not sure what other news can make shorts **** again..
    02-13-14 02:11 PM
    Morgon or anyone else ? What does chart says now ? Are we going back to 8s again before 10s ? Today's news should hit it with 10s but it did not. Instead went down in up market. The sentiment is bearish now for short term until MCW and next ER. Not sure what other news can make shorts **** again..
    Hi BBNation:

It looks like the SP is right at the support line of the uptrend pattern with low volume. This is right on the line--red thick line on the chart. It is oversold on the 30 minute, and is ready to bounce again. Who knows how the market will play this again though.

Daily:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2014-02-13-3.20.06-pm.png

30 minute:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2014-02-13-3.20.24-pm.png
    morganplus8, Corbu, zyben and 7 others like this.
    02-13-14 02:22 PM
    I don't think we have much to worry about here. The BIG news this week is the constant departure of so many senior staff I don't think the stock can rally against this news when the CEO is not explaining where we are headed. I for one wouldn't want to be loading up on BBRY until I knew what direction they are going. While I'm not surprised that Chen is moving out the old, surely there were some bright individuals there that could help BB transition into a securities/software company. So the uncertainty is not helping the stock at a time when we really needed some good news. The BBM news is good news but it doesn't generate subs or revenue and will likely not do so for many months to come. The hurdle to get the stock over $ 10.00/shr is huge when you think that 125 MM more shares kick into play. On a technical basis, we needed to find support close to the 200-dma and we have clearly parted company with that challenge. The fact that we stayed too long at the 200-dma didn't help us here. I'm seeing this problem with several other stocks, they aren't regaining their mojo at this time either. I would be shocked to see the stock drop down into the low $ 8.00/shr range. Anything can happen at this time while we wait for the end of CORE to happen. The longer they take to rationalize the business model, the lower the stock could go. I wish I could tell you more but I'm like everyone else, I'm waiting to see the bottom in this story. As soon as we see the bottom, the stock will be blasting off but we aren't there yet. GL
    02-13-14 02:25 PM
    BBM Voice and BBM Channels Now Available for Android and iPhone Customers

News Sources - The Globe and Mail
    OT ALERT:

Lol, I was late for an appointment because I was setting up the BBM update with my 7 year old son!
    Works real good between bb10 devices.

WhatsApp who???
    02-13-14 03:10 PM
    Anyone disappointed by the lack of an update on the current BBM user base? Wouldn't it be great to say we have this many users and we're giving them even more features today.
    rarsen likes this.
    02-13-14 04:44 PM
    Anyone disappointed by the lack of an update on the current BBM user base? Wouldn't it be great to say we have this many users and we're giving them even more features today.
    Maybe it hasn't grown in any significant way. If that's the case, it could be detrimental to announce it. And if I'm not mistaken, I still haven't heard, from BlackBerry themselves, anything beyond downloads. I can't recall hearing any active user numbers.

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8, rarsen, Corbu and 3 others like this.
    02-13-14 04:51 PM
    I'm not sure we've seen a huge or impressive increase in users. Maybe, but I'm not confident there. I think that this is the update that was needed to really get people interested. Before this, most people were satisfied with WhatsApp because they don't really care about D and R. With BlackBerry Video, and perhaps self - destructing messages, BBM should be in a good position to be the number one messaging app. In the meantime, I think we will now see a much more impressive user migration - hopefully we will have some good news on numbers in a couple of months.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-14 04:53 PM
    I support BBRY and I bought shares today. Can't say no to bargains.
    02-13-14 07:18 PM
    I love all the new features in BBM 2.0 but I am miffed as to why you can't attach pictures in a multi-person chat still. This is such a basic but critical feature! You can record a voice note, share through Dropbox, and use the glimpse feature in the multi-person chat but you can't attach a picture. Did Blackberry just forget to add this? You can attach pictures in a group chat.
    02-13-14 07:38 PM
    I love all the new features in BBM 2.0 but I am miffed as to why you can't attach pictures in a multi-person chat still. This is such a basic but critical feature! You can record a voice note, share through Dropbox, and use the glimpse feature in the multi-person chat but you can't attach a picture. Did Blackberry just forget to add this? You can attach pictures in a group chat.
    To me it makes sense. Not all chat members are always present in the chat so posting to the thread would mean not fully sharing it with the group. The other way saves it for posterity and allows comments on the pic itself.
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-13-14 07:41 PM
    Interesting...
    BBM In-App Purchases Explained |

I reached out to BlackBerry for some clarification on why the app stores state BBM contains items for sale. We had heard talks about suggested paid additions for the free IM client but have yet to see any of those additions make it into official releases. I have speculated since November of last year that BlackBerrys purchase of Scroon back in May was all about monetizing the BBM platform.

I believe they will utilize BBM and “in app purchases” to help monetize the BBM Channels aspect of the social platform allowing deeper feature integration and accessibility for Channel managers. I highly suggest you read out dissection of the Scroon purchase for background information on what those in app purchases could be.

Here is the official statement regarding the “Contains Items For Sale” placeholder within BB World, Google Play and the App Store:

"Hi James,

Thanks f‎or reaching out. Yes, we see that is included in the meta-data. We’ve already stated that virtual goods are coming in a future version and that statement is a place holder for now."

This then begs the question what additions would you be willing to pay for to enhance your BBM experience? I believe BBM will become a hub/console for managing multiple social accounts all from one dashboard. And that is something I would surely pay for.
    Props to James, from BerryFlow.
    02-13-14 07:50 PM
    Interesting...
    BBM In-App Purchases Explained |

Props to James, from BerryFlow.
    Thanks. I was wondering what the in app purchase was all about.
    bungaboy, Superfly_FR and Corbu like this.
    02-13-14 07:54 PM
    To me it makes sense. Not all chat members are always present in the chat so posting to the thread would mean not fully sharing it with the group. The other way saves it for posterity and allows comments on the pic itself.
    The feature you are describing is only available in "Groups." I like Groups (use it with coworkers) but I only use it for a specific event or purpose. It is too involved to have to invite everyone then wait for their acceptance in order to correspond with them. I use multi-person chats a lot more frequently and unfortunately, I am going to have to keep using SMS group texting because we (my friends and I) need the ability to share pictures.
    02-13-14 07:58 PM
    The feature you are describing is only available in "Groups." I like Groups (use it with coworkers) but I only use it for a specific event or purpose. It is too involved to have to invite everyone then wait for their acceptance in order to correspond with them. I use multi-person chats a lot more frequently and unfortunately, I am going to have to keep using SMS group texting because we (my friends and I) need the ability to share pictures.
    Oh ok. I haven't used multi person much and definitely haven't attempted to attach anything. I'll try it out soon and see if I can attach stuff or if there's any sort of work around.
    02-13-14 08:15 PM
    Bbm is now the ultimate messaging app. I'm so impressed with it. It exceeded my expectations. You can see bbm for enterprise will be very useful.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-14 08:25 PM
    I am sure some BlackBerry haters will hate that bbm 2.0 is ******* amazing. Even with out video I love it.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-13-14 08:37 PM
    So what are some good channels to join, now that I'm rocking BBM 2.0.

Also, I'm seriously considering picking up a Z30 to play with. Getting sick of Android s#it.
    02-13-14 10:13 PM
    In all honesty I think pics should be in chat as well as posted in the group gallery. This eliminates any kind of problem. Best of both worlds.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-14 10:48 PM
    In all honesty I think pics should be in chat as well as posted in the group gallery. This eliminates any kind of problem. Best of both worlds.

Posted via CB10
    +1 to that.

Yep. I want to be able to share pictures/videos/files in multi-person-chat/group-chat windows. I want a thumbnail of picture/video/file to appear in-line in the chat so we know what was shared/when/and in what order.

Of course, the picture/video/file should get saved in group-albums automatically.

Basically, all we need is in chat-window, a shortcut to send picture/video/file which gets uploaded to album directly. A thumbnail appears in the chat.

I don't think people are going to completely switch from WhatsApp until BBM starts supporting this picture/video/file sharing in group/multiperson chat windows directly.

Posted via CB10
    Korepab and morganplus8 like this.
    02-13-14 11:32 PM
    So what are some good channels to join, now that I'm rocking BBM 2.0.

Also, I'm seriously considering picking up a Z30 to play with. Getting sick of Android s#it.
    Z30 is the best smartphone you ever would ever experience in near future unless you want 100s of anroid apps. The best screen, battery, whatsup, BBM and bb10. what else anyone want in the phone .. Battery alone worth the cost. The funny thing is my work paid $300 to bell for iCrape 5C and $0 for Z30. I am no MBA but senseless decision to purchase icrape. Apple got executives on their side and no one lose the job for such $ and sense decision. As world getting smarter the common sense seems to be rare commodity..
    JLagoon, bungaboy and morganplus8 like this.
    02-13-14 11:40 PM
    No NSW news never made to Yahoo, Google or american media. BBM guy leaves and 4 places post. BBM2.0 released within 48 hours after his departure no biggie..Unfair world and media. May be Andrew supposed to release it video but he screwed up.
    rarsen, Corbu and bungaboy like this.
    02-13-14 11:42 PM
    Once the shorts have exited there position and taken long positions you will see the media change. The remaining 90 million or so shorts won't be gone until we see numbers that prove john the real deal Chen is indeed turning the ship around. You can talk a good game but until you have numbers to back it up it means nothing. Shorts and investors are waiting on proof of the turn around and then will cover there position or take a long position respectively.

Posted via CB10
    techvisor and JLagoon like this.
    02-14-14 12:17 AM
    I am sure some BlackBerry haters will hate that bbm 2.0 is ******* amazing. Even with out video I love it.

Posted via CB10
    Soooo, will you be changing your handle then? Perhaps after the next update?
    02-14-14 01:23 AM
    I think they lost a lot of momentum. I know I'm my personal group everyone is still using whatsapp.

I'm not a great barometer though coz I really don't have any friends!

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8 likes this.
    02-14-14 02:59 AM
113,256 ... 24212422242324242425 ...