I am seriously considering putting $1000 into it. @$14.5 a share is about 69 shares.

Q1 will make or break the company and I think Q2 could really pay off.

Anyone else own BBRY? How much do you have / how much will you get before June 28th? Advice? Predictions?

Posted via CB10 & Z10
    phinsphan likes this.
    05-26-13 10:31 PM
    I am seriously considering putting $1000 into it. @$14.5 a share is about 69 shares.

Q1 will make or break the company and I think Q2 could really pay off.

Anyone else own BBRY? How much do you have / how much will you get before June 28th? Advice? Predictions?

Posted via CB10 & Z10
    455 Shares of BBRY bought at 8.43 or something like that? It was my first stock purchase ever with pretty much all my savings from 16-19 yrs old)
    nquyen likes this.
    05-26-13 10:33 PM
    Why would you say the companies future is hinged on this particular Q1 report? I certainly don't agree with that.
    jojo beaconsfield and Rezia like this.
    05-26-13 10:40 PM
    Why would you say the companies future is hinged on this particular Q1 report? I certainly don't agree with that.
    Thanks for the input. On the second thought you're right about that. A really good Q1 is what I'm hoping for.

Posted via CB10 & Z10
    05-26-13 10:46 PM
    First things first. Do NOT take this as advice! This is only my personal view and should not be taken as fact or used as a deciding factor as to whether you should buy or not.

I think at the current price it's a bargain. I believe that BlackBerry is doing some really good things and will be quite profitable. The current quarter may not be the deciding factor but one or two more will solidify their comeback. If you do decide to get in, be prepared for some give and take on price. This stock is a roller coaster and not for the faint of heart.

And yes, I do own shares and if i had more money to throw at it, I would.

If this is your first venture into the market, be advised that only invest what you are willing to lose. BBRY is not a sure thing but a good bet. It's up to you to decide your risk tolerance.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 10:56 PM
    First things first. Do NOT take this as advice! This is only my personal view and should not be taken as fact or used as a deciding factor as to whether you should buy or not.

I think at the current price it's a bargain. I believe that BlackBerry is doing some really good things and will be quite profitable. The current quarter may not be the deciding factor but one or two more will solidify their comeback. If you do decide to get in, be prepared for some give and take on price. This stock is a roller coaster and not for the faint of heart.

And yes, I do own shares and if i had more money to throw at it, I would.

If this is your first venture into the market, be advised that only invest what you are willing to lose. BBRY is not a sure thing but a good bet. It's up to you to decide your risk tolerance.

Posted via CB10
    Appreciated. It IS a bargain right now. I mean, I don't see it going down. I'd be in it for the long haul...maybe give it a year and hope for >12%

Posted via CB10 & Z10
    05-26-13 11:08 PM
    Appreciated. It IS a bargain right now. I mean, I don't see it going down. I'd be in it for the long haul...maybe give it a year and hope for >12%

Posted via CB10 & Z10
    Smart position. I was worried you were expecting a quick buck. I fully expect a whole lot better than 12% up from the current price though

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 11:19 PM
    I also own BB shares and I strongly believe it is a bargain at $14.80. Q1 Earnings report on June 28 should surprise a lot of people in a very positive way. I keep my fingers crossed and good luck investing!
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    05-26-13 11:30 PM
    It would not be a good idea to buy. Why?
    - stock price fell during the Q4 report (after running up right up to it)
    - Thorstein and company's vagueness do not inspire confidence
    - my recent checks at local dealers; they tell me almost nil sales after initial euphoria
    - I have not seen anyone anywhere having a Z10 or a Q10 (except me)
    - Loss of subscribers will reduce profitability
    I DO hold Blackberry shares but at an average price of $15.5; Do I wish for the best? Yes. Am I hopeful? Unfortunately, not.
    angad7.10 likes this.
    05-26-13 11:30 PM
    It would not be a good idea to buy. Why?
    - stock price fell during the Q4 report (after running up right up to it)
    - Thorstein and company's vagueness do not inspire confidence
    - my recent checks at local dealers; they tell me almost nil sales after initial euphoria
    - I have not seen anyone anywhere having a Z10 or a Q10 (except me)
    - Loss of subscribers will reduce profitability
    I DO hold Blackberry shares but at an average price of $15.5; Do I wish for the best? Yes. Am I hopeful? Unfortunately, not.
    Your analysis is incorrect
    According to published numbers blackberry acquired 18% market share in Canada in 4q of last year.
    With sales of the z10 and now q10 Blackberry will have 25% market share in Q1(Sales are robust and still achieving strong sell through)
    Carphone warehouse in the Uk has 3 Blackberry's in the top ten bestsellers list ( I translate that into 13 to 15 percent market share)
    Blackberry still owns 51% of the south Africa market
    Uae completely sold out of Blackberry q10 and you can hardly bye a Zed. Than we can talk about India, Indonisia,and South America, shall I go on.
    I estimate total shipment of BB10 devise's at 4.5 to 5 million units and BBos shipments at 4 million .Q1 shipments to outpace Q4 by 2 to 3 million.
    But I also see at net subscriber loss to 74 million from 76, this is due to the transition to BB10 and away from Bis. In another note Blackberry will maintain there cash.
    05-27-13 12:25 AM
    According to published numbers blackberry acquired 18% market share in Canada in 4q of last year.
    With sales of the z10 and now q10 Blackberry will have 25% market share in Q1(Sales are robust and still achieving strong sell through)
    Carphone warehouse in the Uk has 3 Blackberry's in the top ten bestsellers list ( I translate that into 13 to 15 percent market share)
    Uae completely sold out of Blackberry q10 and you can hardly bye a Zed. Than we can talk about India, Indonisia,and South America, shall I go on.
    I estimate total shipment of BB10 devise's at 4.5 to 5 million units and BBos shipments at 4 million .Q1 shipments to outpace Q4 by 2 to 3 million.
    But I also see at net subscriber loss to 74 million from 76, this is due to the transition to BB10 and away from Bis. In another note Blackberry will maintain there cash.
    I am hoping (with fingers crossed) that ultimately it all translates into a much higher stock price.
    However, seems like a lot of people are betting against Blackberry (It's a heavily-shorted stock.)
    40blind40 likes this.
    05-27-13 01:50 AM
    I am hoping (with fingers crossed) that ultimately it all translates into a much higher stock price.
    However, seems like a lot of people are betting against Blackberry (It's a heavily-shorted stock.)
    Refer to this link and you will see the position shorts are now in (let me know what u think after u read)
    http://www.stockhouse.com/bullboards...l=0&r=0&t=list
    Frenchman75 likes this.
    05-27-13 01:58 AM
    Refer to this link and you will see the position shorts are now in (let me know what u think after u read)
    http://www.stockhouse.com/bullboards...l=0&r=0&t=list
    Great link, I am long, and like CJCAMBELL stated ,this stock is not for the faint of heart.It might come down ,this week and in the weeks leading up to the 28th of June ,there is going to be a lot of BS out there trying to bring the stock down,and they usually succeed in doing so.It truly is a pity, but I suspect that there is conspiracy going on to get this company to be sold for table scraps.someone wants it, and can manipulate the price with their huge amount of cash that they have.I also want to say that when RIM decided to be listed on NASDAQ quite some time ago they would end up in this situation.Buy it and hold it,
    Frenchman75 likes this.
    05-27-13 02:35 AM
    If I had the cash I would put at least 2000.00

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 02:41 AM
    I'm having the same thoughts, and might buy some, just don't know how, sorry for my ignorance.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 02:47 AM
    I don't give advice on buying stock but you should preferably buy your stocks BEFORE eg q1 or other big events BlackBerry fell @ launch event whilst rising up to it. Also a general advise is to buy stocks in uptrend, was the stock lower priced the previous month? Set your targets down and up, and your time horizon
    05-27-13 03:13 AM
    Great link, I am long, and like CJCAMBELL stated ,this stock is not for the faint of heart.It might come down ,this week and in the weeks leading up to the 28th of June ,there is going to be a lot of BS out there trying to bring the stock down,and they usually succeed in doing so.It truly is a pity, but I suspect that there is conspiracy going on to get this company to be sold for table scraps.someone wants it, and can manipulate the price with their huge amount of cash that they have.I also want to say that when RIM decided to be listed on NASDAQ quite some time ago they would end up in this situation.Buy it and hold it,
    Totally agree. Short interest is huge (approx. 180MM shares right now or 1/3 of the float). I think a short squeeze is around the corner at the end of June and if that is the case, the price is going to soar!
    05-27-13 01:28 PM
    imo it's still to volatile. I'd wait a little longer.
    05-27-13 01:57 PM
    Some of Chris' articles on BlackBerry and their future make me think the stock is undervalued right now. In part due to the heavy amount of people shorting the stock, partial sales numbers in the last report and analysts stock manipulation like Detwiler Fenton.

I wouldn't be surprised at all to see this stock go above the $20 range in the future. The gross margin on BlackBerry 10 is in excess of 40% especially on the q10. It's just a question now of how are they doing on sales. Will they get a huge Department of Defense, other government and major business orders? Will there be a huge uptick in bes 10.1 users 10,000 as of BlackBerry Live, how much revenue will they generate from bbm going cross platform? Can they leverage QNX for more mobile computing opportunities in cars and other devices to generate more service revenue? Will they gain back lost market share? Will they get the q10 released on time in the US before the newest financial results are out? Things of that nature.

I think they're all headed in the right direction though. The company is officially in the black at $2.9 billion cash with no debt on the books. So despite the volatility of the stock I think it will see a stable rise after the next quarters results are out and going forward.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    Frenchman75 likes this.
    05-27-13 02:05 PM
    For those that insist on using this specific CB forum for Penny Stock Trading:
    1) Don't "doo-doo" where you play, it clouds one's judgment.

2) Qtr 1 and 2 will determine the longevity of BB, at least, if poor results. Opinion: Expect results to be better than projected end of June. And, for following Qtr, pretty much on expectations too but with poorer revs than projected. In the latter case, BB will need truly spectacular end of year holiday sales' numbers.

Remember, in the short run, if you stare at a liability (revenues) long enough they become assets (earnings). Translation: BB still has some accounting games it can draw upon. ... If not favorable through early fall reports, our BB is burnt toast.

3) Cash position appears suitable but just for perspective: 50mm phones x $50 = $2.5B. or 35mm x $70 = $2.5B. Therefore a major error, or flaw, in a BB phone or OS10 would end in a catastophy. We better hope these troublesome OS issues are rectified pronto. (Cell gods forbid that there is a de facto recall/exchange that would not only hurt current earnings but put a strain on BB cash.)

4) Not likely but possible that a competitor will fumble and hand BB some mkt share. (After all, that's how BlackBerry, inpart, opened the door to let its competition enter and dominate.)

Today, now, this very minute, I'm just not seeing the Z phones on the street that I think are needed but there's still some time to improve results with the Q entering the U.S.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 02:39 PM
    Great info here.

BlackBerry has yet to do an advertising blitz.. from what I've gathered reading on CB, they're being cautious in the timing to spend money for TV and promotion to the masses here in the US.

I believe BBRY is quietly building a solid foundation before its phones go totally mainstream. I have a feeling the snowball will roll faster every week.

Posted via CB10 & Z10
    05-27-13 03:02 PM
    Check out how Blackberry Market shares are trending in two countries where the Q10 launched:

UK
    StatCounter Global Stats - Browser, OS, Search Engine including Mobile Market Share

and Canada:
    StatCounter Global Stats - Browser, OS, Search Engine including Mobile Market Share

and how the Q10 is selling in the UK:
    Browse Our Full Range of Mobile Phones - Vodafone

and France:
    T�l�phone portable, Toutes les offres : Tous les mobiles SFR

I think this stock is poised to skyrocket at the end of June!
    05-27-13 08:13 PM
    I own 1200 shares. Because of shorts you need an iron gut to ride out at least 2 quarters to benefit.

One possibility is a short squeeze but this is likely not to happen with Q1 unless there were incredible sales of phones, and there are no sales of the Q10 in the US.

In the event shares do rise over $20, it will be due to the shorts driving up the price to cover their positions. My strategy is to sell a portion if it hits $24 and buy back when the price drops.

I am very bullish on BlackBerry and in for the long term, e.g. 10 years.

Posted via CB10
    Knightcrawler likes this.
    05-27-13 08:24 PM
    ha!!! no way,,, i just don't see that happening,,, even SHIPPING 3 mill is being generous,,, any way, they could ship 10 mill, but if they're not selling, it does no one any good...
    05-27-13 08:28 PM
    op,,, i'd wait 'til the day of the report,,, the price will drop right after the report goes public,,, you heard it here 1st...
    Knightcrawler likes this.
    05-27-13 08:30 PM
83 123 ...