Just came across this article from George Kesarios for Seeking Alpha:
    BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY): BlackBerry's BBM Is A Threat To Facebook And Twitter, Here's Why - Seeking Alpha..

And when you think about t, it does make sense, Now with BBM channels enabling us to share content and communicate it has become similar to other social media like Facebook and Twitter. But unlike the latter it does lack a desktop version, which greatly limits the amount of potential users. BBRY did announce via a tweet (sic!) that it is working on a desktop version. Please read the article and post your thought.
    12-09-13 09:54 AM
    Coming Soon......

BBM & Channels has a lot of potential and could make it big like Facebook and Twitter.

Or it could more likely end up like: ConnectU, MySpace, Ping, Google+, Yahoo! Buzz, The Hub, Orkut, iYomu, Friendster...

Friendster was one I used for a time "In its prime, the site had more than 115 million users in 2008 but a combination of shoddy programming, flawed infrastructure and poor business decisions meant that the site went on a downward spiral. The collapse was so bad that the site is now the focus of a Harvard Business School case study on how not to manage a tech company."
    12-09-13 10:14 AM
    Managing BBM Channels is already accessible through the browser so you never know.
    12-09-13 10:19 AM
    George the Greek is an eternal optimist that takes delusion to levels of grandeur only imagined by others on this site.
    12-09-13 11:56 AM
    I almost don't want to post this after what m1a1mg just posted!
    nutin' personal!!

BlueStacks is software for Mobile to PC and works great for BBM. Been using it between my Z10 and Windows 8.1
    After you download the App player, you'll find (among other choices) BBM.

The only thing I didn't like about it, at first, is that you can't use it simultaneously. open on PC disables it on the mobile device and visa versa!
    Was confusing for about a day! Otherwise it works flawlessly. (tastes great,too!)

here's the link...and it's FREE!
    BlueStacks - App Player
    12-09-13 12:10 PM
    Seems worthless until you can run BBM on more than one device.

Posted via CB10
    12-09-13 12:15 PM
    Seems worthless until you can run BBM on more than one device.

Posted via CB10
    Why?

Posted via CB10
    12-09-13 12:20 PM
    Why?

Posted via CB10
    I don't want to have to "switch devices" in BBM to my laptop to use BBM.

Posted via CB10
    12-09-13 12:48 PM
    I don't want to have to "switch devices" in BBM to my laptop to use BBM.

Posted via CB10
    Seems worthless is a lazy statement to make. And you couldn't have downloaded it and tried it out in the 10 minutes between our posts.
    So, how did you come up with worthless??
    You don't have to switch devices. it's Automatic. If you're viewing BBM on your computer, which is EXACTLY what's on your Device, only 10X's bigger when you click the mouse or start to type it disables the other one. If you want to go back to the mobile device , you touch it, it enables it.

And, not only do you not have to physically switch, you don't have to get up either.

.But, hey, if it's too much for you to handle, just do without it altogether. Nothing in life is ever going to be perfect. So, things are only going to be as perfect as they are.
    mylrob and wincyUt like this.
    12-09-13 02:14 PM
    Seems worthless is a lazy statement to make. And you couldn't have downloaded it and tried it out in the 10 minutes between our posts.
    So, how did you come up with worthless??
    You don't have to switch devices. it's Automatic. If you're viewing BBM on your computer, which is EXACTLY what's on your Device, only 10X's bigger when you click the mouse or start to type it disables the other one. If you want to go back to the mobile device , you touch it, it enables it.

And, not only do you not have to physically switch, you don't have to get up either.

.But, hey, if it's too much for you to handle, just do without it altogether. Nothing in life is ever going to be perfect. So, things are only going to be as perfect as they are.

Based on this comment:

The only thing I didn't like about it, at first, is that you can't use it simultaneously. open on PC disables it on the mobile device and visa versa!
    Was confusing for about a day! Otherwise it works flawlessly.
    I believed it to work as BBM does in other mulitple device situations: Not at all.

Hence my comment about it being worthless. In fact, IIRC, I mentioned something to that effect (regarding multiple device situations) in my comment.

IME, switching between devices in BBM has been less than smooth. The last time I switched between my 9900 and my Z10, the BBM contacts using iPhones were dropped from the group. I'm not keen on seeing that happen again.

Posted via CB10
    12-09-13 02:50 PM
    My Bad!
    I can see why you were so apprehensive!

Sorry for laying it on so thick!
    But, then again, ya can't be afraid to move forward because of the past.

H e l l... we'd all still be on BB 5, 6 or 7 with a Torch or other fine working device!

But, I love my Z10. I've been a lucky one. haven't had any issues!
    12-09-13 11:53 PM
    I was told that it was "coming very soon"
    There is supposedly 2 versions of it. The 2nd version is much much cooler and better functionality wise but will not be released until later.
    Version 1 will be released in the coming months
    12-10-13 10:00 AM
    If I type a message on my computer and then leave with my devise, will the message reply come to my devise? Or, will there be a broken conversation?

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 10:56 PM
    My concern with this is keeping it secure. Current bbm is a communication that goes to one and only one device. A device that I pretty much always have with me. The other services go to any device where someone enters my user name and password. I don't just want a website where I can enter my pin and a password and get my messages. Because that means anyone can do the same.

Posted via CB10
    mylrob likes this.
    12-12-13 07:47 AM
    In my opinion, if you see any article written by George Kesarios, just delete the link. This guy is one of the worse pumpers I have ever seen on seeking alpha. Its like clockwork

Anytime the stock moves negative with volume, here comes a George Kesarios article like the one you posted. The day before earnings or stockholder meeting, here another George Kesarios article.

Its really funny whenever a flood of bad news comes in, I see like five different George Kesarios articles a week lol. I'd imagine the dude is underwater without any more capital to buy shares, so the only thing he can do is pump BBRY to try and salvage what he can.

And I am actually a Bull on BBRY
    m1a1mg likes this.
    12-12-13 12:13 PM
    I'm not really that familiar with George as you are, but found the desktop concept interesting. That was really the only reason I provided the link; I stopped paying much attention to any of the analysts re:BBRY some time ago.

But you must admit, a desktop version of BBM has a potential to eventually make some money. Let's see if BBRY has enough time to bring this concept to life.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-13 02:34 PM
    Hope they hit it out of the park...ton of work ahead though. All platforms, all features fully implemented would be great.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-13 06:01 PM
    They should focus on adding voice call functionality to BBM instead!!
    12-12-13 06:09 PM