Huawei makes crappy phones, this will definitely not happen.

Z10? Why yes it is.
    06-30-13 07:57 PM
    BlackBerry in my opinion will not be bought, but as they have been quoted saying, they will license out their BB10 product and make partnerships. Their BB10 product is maturing and just started in February. What company would buy another company until they knew exactly what they could do for them. Not a good M&A prospect. You could argue the cash, security and patents they hold, but in that argument I would say as soon as BlackBerry stops being nice, they could go after every company that owes them money for using their patents. That will be huge... BlackBerry NOT for sale, but looking for strategic partners.

Typed via BB Z10. Find me on Twitter @ahsonn_carter

why is Blackberry nice to others... they have ruined us shareholders, total ruin. Wonder if BBRY manasgement and Board have any empathy whatsover for shareholders that have destroyed. If they do, they will take action tomorrow and not get comfy in those oversized, cushy board seats.
    06-30-13 07:58 PM
    Wow all kinds of speculations surfacing online now there is even one that says Apple maybe interested in a Blackberry takeover

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 09:17 AM
    BlackBerry takeover by Huawei may be imminent.
    Check out this article...

http://qz.com/98908/why-chinese-tele...uy-blackberry/

Posted via CB10
    Likely wont happen, they'd have to pay premium. Why pay for something at this price when it can be had for less?
    07-01-13 09:41 AM
    Imminent. The word is IMMINENT. Why is that so hard to grasp? I've seen two posts so far about something or other being "immient" or "immanent". I'm not about to take anything you say seriously if you can't even spell, ok?

English police out. Peace.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 06:09 PM
    Huawei has about as much chance as Dr. Nono C. Pearson...

http://crackberry.com/let-silly-time...esearch-motion

Personally, I would never buy a BlackBerry again if they were bought by Huawei...

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 04:04 AM
    Rumour I heard today was Samsung have approached the Board and there will be an announcement at the AGM. 2c
    07-05-13 03:10 AM
    The Canadian government would never allow it.
    07-05-13 07:43 PM
    The Canadian government would never allow it.
    The Canadian government have already said they wouldn't necessarily stand in the road either. Especially if the Board recommends it.
    07-05-13 09:30 PM
    If Huawei purchases BlackBerry the brand essentially disappears. What Government would trust them? They would be a great partner for emerging markets to produce low cost touch screen devices but not to own the company.
    Besides, this rumor has been floated for many months.
    07-05-13 09:46 PM
    If Huawei purchases BlackBerry the brand essentially disappears. What Government would trust them? They would be a great partner for emerging markets to produce low cost touch screen devices but not to own the company.
    Besides, this rumor has been floated for many months.
    Yeah, I don't think Huawei is viable. The government would have a big issue with them. They do here in Australia as well. Huawei tendered very well for aspects of our National Broadband Network and were knocked out by the perception of Chinese Government control. Samsung wouldn't have that stigma. I read where HP is coming back into the phone market too. They could do worse than spending a few bucks and buying BlackBerry.
    07-05-13 10:02 PM
    I'd love for an offer to appear.

I'd sell immediately. Wait for the offer to get rejected by BBRy of the Canadian government.... then reenter my position.
    Kid Vibe and Jahcure like this.
    07-06-13 12:14 AM
    If those Huawei models are at Huawei BB10 device launch, extra security will be needed to hold back the tens of millions of buyers.

Huawei is a low cost producer, with BB10 and their industrial design cred, the smartphones will be sure fire winners. BlackBerry needs partnerships like this, hopefully the, Chinese will add to BlackBerry's coffers for the long battle with Silicon Valley titans.

BlackBerry takeover by Huawei may be imminent.
    Check out this article...

Why Chinese telecom giant Huawei could buy BlackBerry � Quartz

Posted via CB10
    07-06-13 12:10 PM
    Imminent. The word is IMMINENT. Why is that so hard to grasp? I've seen two posts so far about something or other being "immient" or "immanent". I'm not about to take anything you say seriously if you can't even spell, ok?

English police out. Peace.

Posted via CB10
    Period goes before the closing quotation marks. You're welcome.
    kevinnugent likes this.
    07-07-13 03:32 AM
    many buyoust have been good. Imagine Amazon getting into the mobile space with Balckberry... apple and google and samsung will counterbid.
    Joining with Amazon might be a really good thing for Blackberry but I'm sure there are probably better choices out there, I just can't think of who?
    07-08-13 12:30 PM
    Nothing but rumors. Expect a lot for a while now - both merger-style and "carl ichan stake"-style rumors, as day-traders attempt to drive the for short term gain on both the up and down sides.

Period goes before the closing quotation marks. You're welcome.
    Depends on if you're in the US or not. You're welcome.

I've always been rather partial to the UK system (observed everywhere but in the US) which leaves it to the discretion of the author. Perhaps it's the programmer in me, but it always seemed more proper that the punctuation goes where it 'belongs' in the context of the sentence: if you're quoting a word (as GP did) it doesn't make sense to put the period in there with it, because the period isn't relevant to the word being quoted. If you're quoting dialog - self-contained sentences or fragments - then inside the quotes is much more logical.
    07-08-13 12:46 PM
41 12