I monitor the stock daily and today i've seen quite a jump. At the moment, its at a 28 cent gain on the NASDAQ market... mostly in the last half hour. Was there any news that came out or announcement delivered?

https://www.google.com/search?q=bbry...sm=93&ie=UTF-8
    06-12-14 01:30 PM
    06-12-14 01:36 PM
    It could be the mobile payment agreement - BlackBerry announces three-year deal with EnStream for secure financial transactions | CrackBerry.com

I thought so too, but the news was released this morning... The stock would have jumped first thing in the morning, I would have figured. So it makes me think that something was announced at around 1:30 EST... But I may be very wrong.
    --------------------

Screen Timeout app - keep your BB10 screen awake as long as you need
    06-12-14 01:41 PM
    Perhaps the rumors of announcing further job cuts?
    06-12-14 01:44 PM
    Perhaps the rumors of announcing further job cuts?
    lol, why would that bring it up?
    06-12-14 01:45 PM
    lol, why would that bring it up?
    They market loves when you cut operating costs

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-12-14 01:48 PM
    They market loves when you cut operating costs

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, but what could be the growth strategy if they ditch BB10?

--------------------

06-12-14 01:53 PM
    Yeah, but what could be the growth strategy if they ditch BB10?

--------------------

I don't think it necessarily signals that BB10 is done just because they are rumored to be cutting the Dev Relations team and cutting more fat elsewhere . Even if it is that would just mean BB is concentrating on profitable sectors of their business.
    neteng1000 likes this.
    06-12-14 01:59 PM
    Not to pee on anyone's parade, but it's hard to get excited here. 3 months ago stock was regularly over 9. 6 months it had bounced around 10, a year ago - it was trading over 14. Depending on the call next week the stock could jump back to the $12-14 range where many analysts think it belongs, or it could fall to below $6 again. Honestly, the only thing that should excite anyone is sales numbers. If they are climbing at a good clip, I don't care about market share or US sell through or NASDAQ price, they are all backwards looking reactionary numbers. Once sales increase, everything good follows. If sales drop or remain sluggish, everything bad follows.
    06-12-14 02:01 PM
    ER number leak? Another deal?

I doubt it would be from the EnStream deal. That would have caused a jump hours ago.
    06-12-14 02:03 PM
    Not to pee on anyone's parade, but it's hard to get excited here. 3 months ago stock was regularly over 9. 6 months it had bounced around 10, a year ago - it was trading over 14. Depending on the call next week the stock could jump back to the $12-14 range where many analysts think it belongs, or it could fall to below $6 again. Honestly, the only thing that should excite anyone is sales numbers. If they are climbing at a good clip, I don't care about market share or US sell through or NASDAQ price, they are all backwards looking reactionary numbers. Once sales increase, everything good follows. If sales drop or remain sluggish, everything bad follows.
    I'm just surprised that there was a such a rally with no apparent news... I agree, the current stock price isn't where BBRY should be sitting, but it's nice to see a bit of movement in the stock. It's been relatively stagnant for a month or so, so a rally like this is nice to see. The call next week will be... interesting.
    06-12-14 02:26 PM
    I'm just surprised that there was a such a rally with no apparent news... I agree, the current stock price isn't where BBRY should be sitting, but it's nice to see a bit of movement in the stock. It's been relatively stagnant for a month or so, so a rally like this is nice to see. The call next week will be... interesting.
    There has been quite a battle going on in the options market the last few days with a significant divergence between "calls" and "puts". There has been a lot of interest from Bears to buy BB under 8, with the underlying expectation being a short term pop with the earnings announcement. All a bit speculative.

As to job cuts, I think this story was planted by bears trying to move the Stock lower. The lack of confirmation and followup seems to support this idea. Certainly, one could contemplate continued trimming at BB and a longer term move towards accommodating Android Apps but they are not currently positioned to execute such a move. Perhaps some sort of third party running BB World could be in the cards. It should interesting.
    06-12-14 02:58 PM
    also good new from Indonesia and India and be honest I think blackberry must consider Blackberry QNX Mobile 1.2.2 for consumers and the best way to launch is to spread a loader for samsung S4, S5 and Note 3 so that people can install it on that mobile It could be a start to feel and see the difference for these users and there are also lot of customs rom users. So installing the OS should not be a problem for these users.
    06-12-14 04:03 PM
    It's a mix of the EnStream news, the Mobileiron share price rising, and rumours of involvement with the Amazon phone. Anything else?

Posted via CB10
    anon1727506 likes this.
    06-12-14 06:46 PM
    withdrawn
    06-12-14 06:50 PM
    My guess is this, and so take it for what it is.

If they miss this, they will need some kind of news or else the stock will drop:
    "Analysts expect revenue of about $970-million and a loss-per-share of about $0.25 in the quarter ended May 31. In the same period a year earlier, the company posted revenue of $3.1-billion and an adjusted loss of $0.13 per share."

Now if Blackberry reaches the above or beyond, it's probably because of the following:

1. Revenue from Z10s sold on a discount will definitely prop up the revenue. Margins might be lower because it was sold at a discount, but they also have a hefty tax break to utilize so any profit is fine by me.

2. Stickers... Completely new source of revenue and does not have some limitation where they can't count the sales because of a "return period" like their handsets. Even if only 10% of the population of BBM bought stickers, that's $1.99 x 8 million, or 16 million. My guess is that the number will be closer to 30-50 million, if not more.

3. If the z3 sales count, supposedly they might not because Blackberry has some new way of calculating devices actually sold by only counting them 2-3 weeks after they are sold to end users and not returned. I think if that's the case, we might only get sales numbers and not actual revenue. However, it depends on how the deal is setup. If foxconn actually buys the devices from BBRY and they agree to buy x amount non negotiable, we might actually see cash.

4. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, tell me some people upgraded and are finally paying for BB10.

5. Along with #4, please tell me you're selling more bb10 devices than bb07, or at least getting close. I don't care what your revenue is, but if it's still 75% bb07 to bb10, I would want to jump ship as a shareholder

6. Hopefully, the layoffs were predominately taken care of last quarter. With that behind us, I don't think we'll see any significant losses this quarter because of severance packages.

7. Any positive news. Like seriously, it's been quiet for like a month now except for the mobile payment deal.

All in all, with everything I said above, I personally believe 1-7 are all feasible. My guess is that they could have made a profit this quarter but instead chose to take a SMALL GAAP loss to invest in other things. If anything, they might even make money but I'd rather see them invest that money into something that relates to #7 like the NantHealth deal. Keep it above 1 bill revenue and I think we'll see shares back above 10 in no time.
    06-15-14 09:16 PM
    My guess is this, and so take it for what it is.

If they miss this, they will need some kind of news or else the stock will drop:
    "Analysts expect revenue of about $970-million and a loss-per-share of about $0.25 in the quarter ended May 31. In the same period a year earlier, the company posted revenue of $3.1-billion and an adjusted loss of $0.13 per share."

Now if Blackberry reaches the above or beyond, it's probably because of the following:

1. Revenue from Z10s sold on a discount will definitely prop up the revenue. Margins might be lower because it was sold at a discount, but they also have a hefty tax break to utilize so any profit is fine by me.

2. Stickers... Completely new source of revenue and does not have some limitation where they can't count the sales because of a "return period" like their handsets. Even if only 10% of the population of BBM bought stickers, that's $1.99 x 8 million, or 16 million. My guess is that the number will be closer to 30-50 million, if not more.

3. If the z3 sales count, supposedly they might not because Blackberry has some new way of calculating devices actually sold by only counting them 2-3 weeks after they are sold to end users and not returned. I think if that's the case, we might only get sales numbers and not actual revenue. However, it depends on how the deal is setup. If foxconn actually buys the devices from BBRY and they agree to buy x amount non negotiable, we might actually see cash.

4. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, tell me some people upgraded and are finally paying for BB10.

5. Along with #4, please tell me you're selling more bb10 devices than bb07, or at least getting close. I don't care what your revenue is, but if it's still 75% bb07 to bb10, I would want to jump ship as a shareholder

6. Hopefully, the layoffs were predominately taken care of last quarter. With that behind us, I don't think we'll see any significant losses this quarter because of severance packages.

7. Any positive news. Like seriously, it's been quiet for like a month now except for the mobile payment deal.

All in all, with everything I said above, I personally believe 1-7 are all feasible. My guess is that they could have made a profit this quarter but instead chose to take a SMALL GAAP loss to invest in other things. If anything, they might even make money but I'd rather see them invest that money into something that relates to #7 like the NantHealth deal. Keep it above 1 bill revenue and I think we'll see shares back above 10 in no time.
    Making a profit would be the best thing BlackBerry could do to build confidence among corporate buyers. And Chen has already said that isn't going to happen until 2015.... he didn't say that because he wanted to. He said it because all indicators are THEY AREN'T GOING TO MAKE A PROFIT.

Revenues are going to fall! No new devices (other than one low revenue device in one small market for two weeks) and no marketing, why would that change? The real problem they have is two years ago they were selling close to 12 million devices a quarter.... what are those people buying today? With BlackBerry sales around 2 million a quarter, that is ten million BBOS users that are moving to another platform. And that is 10 million BIS (and BES) users that are no longer paying monthly fees. Granted plenty of people would be happy to own a two year old BIS device, so not all of those equal a loss to BlackBerry.
    06-16-14 10:54 AM
    Making a profit would be the best thing BlackBerry could do to build confidence among corporate buyers. And Chen has already said that isn't going to happen until 2015.... he didn't say that because he wanted to. He said it because all indicators are THEY AREN'T GOING TO MAKE A PROFIT.
    His story hasn't changed here. He's always said, "it's going to take the year to get to break even". And he seems to be on that trajectory. They posted a small operating loss this quarter and an accounting profit ... much less than expected and less than previous quarters. They reduced cash burn by 2/3rds, also much better than expected. If he keeps his trajectory, the stock will continue to rise in increments like it has this week. I don't expect any wild crazy jumps up like in the past though. As you say, his job is to deliver a profit and be consistent about it. if he does that, the negative stigma will continue to go away because it doesn't look like BlackBerry is about to die.

Revenues are going to fall! No new devices (other than one low revenue device in one small market for two weeks) and no marketing, why would that change?
    They also have that other little problem of Thorsten Heins previously counting revenue after stuffing the channel for devices that sold into the channel (particularly in the US) which then didn't move to consumers. That billion dollar charge they took a few quarters back is still being deal with. "The company recognized revenue on" and "Channel inventory improved by 22%".
    06-21-14 07:33 AM
    Crow is best served cold...old proverb...can't remember from who...but it sure fits...eh.

Eazzy Peazzy
    06-21-14 08:32 AM