Not sure if I'm in the right thread but people are complaining about slow OS updates to all the carriers. My question is how does Apple/Droid do their updates?

What I mean but this, is you have Verizon,At&T, Sprint, T-Moblie and in Canada, Rogers, Bell, Telus, MTS, and all the other smaller guys. Then you have the rest of the world. So when OS update 2 comes out do they or SHOULD they wait to launch it till all carriers are able to optimize it for their network so every network gets it to release it at the same time. That is probably a dozen different companies you have to wait on.

I'm trying to find a way to stop ppl complaining about slow roll out of updates. If T-mobile is dragging their heels to release ver 1 now, who is to say they won't drag on ver 2, If were trying to release it all at once we could be waiting on ppl like AT&T for weeks, then we get people complaining about late releases.

Anyone have an idea on how to solve this?

I think Apple just does software release straight to phones and to hell with the networks?
    07-03-13 02:29 PM
    I can not imagine that OS updates are still on the "front burner" at Blackberry.
    07-03-13 02:40 PM
    From a thread posted yesterday

BlackBerry restricts software updates to carrier-endorsed things. Contrast this with Apple, which refuses to allow carriers to "approve" their IOS updates (and thus everyone gets them at once) or Samsung, which has the carriers push OTA updates but makes manual updates available over KIES on a PC if you want them.

07-03-13 02:53 PM