1 billion loss Q2 and 4.4 billion loss in Q3 fiscal 2014. Huge loss was due to asset and inventory writedowns. Still had cash reserves.
    Last edited by Bbnivende; 11-22-19 at 10:02 AM.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    11-22-19 08:53 AM
    1 billion loss Q2 and 4.4 billion loss in Q3 fiscal 2014. Huge loss was due to asset and inventory writedowns. Still had cash reserves.
    The Z10!
    11-22-19 08:09 PM
    The Z10!
    ...which I still love to death! I've used my Z10 as a daily driver, careless, for almost 7 years, and it's still incredibly responsive and efficient for my professional communications.

We all know it's shortcomings (age, battery life), but I still think it's the purest expression of what BB10 was originally envisioned to be. The ot downside, IMO, us the lack of USB OtG and FM radio, which the Z30 and Passport have.

From the screen of my trusty Z10 using the exceptional BlackBerry VKB.
    11-23-19 01:54 PM
    ...which I still love to death! I've used my Z10 as a daily driver, careless, for almost 7 years, and it's still incredibly responsive and efficient for my professional communications.

We all know it's shortcomings (age, battery life), but I still think it's the purest expression of what BB10 was originally envisioned to be. The ot downside, IMO, us the lack of USB OtG and FM radio, which the Z30 and Passport have.

Oh I know you still use it. I originally wished I had tried it but went for the Q10 because of the keyboard. Tried to get my wife to get it that day. Then she saw the Galaxy in the store and it was over lol.
    11-23-19 02:16 PM
    Oh I know you still use it. I originally wished I had tried it but went for the Q10 because of the keyboard. Tried to get my wife to get it that day. Then she saw the Galaxy in the store and it was over lol.
    If the Q10 had been released first, that's what I would have gotten. My 9700 had died, and my 6-month iPhone experiment was disastrous! I couldn't wait for the Q10! I.was very skeptical about the VKB after my iPhone experience, but I was hooked on the Z10 within a few hours. After the damned iPhone home button, I couldn't believe how much better the UX was in BB10.

11-23-19 02:20 PM
    If the Q10 had been released first, that's what I would have gotten. My 9700 had died, and my 6-month iPhone experiment was disastrous! I couldn't wait for the Q10! I.was very skeptical about the VKB after my iPhone experience, but I was hooked on the Z10 within a few hours. After the damned iPhone home button, I couldn't believe how much better the UX was in BB10.

Yeah I miss and still after over two years hit the wrong buttons on my K1. Would love to be swiping. I took out my Q10 about a year ago, and it felt and looked like a toy. So I adapt and keep moving on. I actually think I am going to be ready to move on from pkb. Vkb has gotten so much better, and most can type just as fast.
    TgeekB likes this.
    11-23-19 02:26 PM
    Hey...now there's a name for a dreamt of updated hardware bb10 device post 2019: "The BlackBerry Class Action" kind of a spin on the Classic and the "Do more" theme "action". Lawyers would buy them in droves ...you know that niche thing. You know if we put the "/" slash in....."Class/Action" we could compel the rich, students, filmmakers, entrepreneurs, and stockbrokers to join the throngs in the uptake of a new BB10.
    12-16-19 09:08 PM
    I'll be aggregating it all into one data set with a timeline.
    How goes the aggregating?
    12-16-19 10:58 PM
    Starting to get the impression that you either work for, or are somehow connected to blackberry. Why are you so hell-bent on defending a company that has given no reason to defend and has underperformed while it's in the tech field and it's in a growing field that should be recognized but is not.

Such a lack of demand for shares even at this rock bottom prices paints a clear picture of the destruction that is this company .
    Not even close. I’m simply a professional stockbroker that knows how this is done in real life. In the USA, publicly traded companies are part of a litigious society. Executives of publicly traded companies have lawyers help to color inside the lines.

Your oversimplification and unfamiliarity with how the public markets operate in totality suggests your angry with performance while hoping to blame on someone without recognizing you haven’t been disadvantaged.
    With everything going on, I haven’t seen any updates. BlackBerry raises and lowers expectations with guidance. If you’re going to complain and Chen’s execution on running BlackBerry, it’s probably not a good idea to run your thread in the same manner of execution.
    12-17-19 06:14 AM
    With everything going on, I haven’t seen any updates. BlackBerry raises and lowers expectations with guidance. If you’re going to complain and Chen’s execution on running BlackBerry, it’s probably not a good idea to run your thread in the same manner of execution.
    Probably still trying to find a gullible lawyer!
    12-17-19 11:38 AM
    Probably still trying to find a gullible lawyer!
    TT made a statement about speaking as a lawyer...
    12-23-19 03:00 PM
    work in progress, will be putting out a link shortly.
    12-24-19 12:20 PM
    Meanwhile BlackBerry is enjoying a 26% year-over-year growth in software and services revenue. And almost all of the acquisition and restructuring costs will be behind them by the next report.
    12-24-19 05:46 PM
    TT made a statement about speaking as a lawyer...
    Last effort got what, 25 signatures? And with more complaints, why even consider doing more in the future?
    12-25-19 05:57 PM
    Last effort got what, 25 signatures? And with more complaints, why even consider doing more in the future?
    Oh I wouldn't really.... I don't think anything illegal has been done. I think most of those that have soured on BlackBerry stock prices, just should never have invested to begin with as they didn't have an understanding of how things work. CEO is a cheerleader, even if they are in trouble he's got to make it look like things will get better. And that getting investment advise from a FAN site where most the poster are also FANS.... is a bad move.

It good to get insights into what is going on and maybe some tips. But things were often very on sided here.
    12-27-19 08:34 AM
    How is the suite coming....
    05-13-20 11:17 AM
    How is the suite coming....
    I've been on the edge of my seat for so long. Hoping the big payoff will come soon.
    05-13-20 11:23 AM
42 12