For all those that have been burned by being misled by the jokes who have managed this company into oblivion.

I thought it would be important to get a thread going to collect and make connections to what's been said by the company and management and the inverse relation it has had on the company and their performance. This will be a massive undertaking, but if we collectively pool our resources to get to the bottom line of how badly managed this company has been and the destruction of shareholder value.

My goal is to produce a timeline, and work in finding inferences to prove the deception we have all invested in. I appreciate any support, let's try to get date/time combined with events, then create a broader schedule of points against this deceptive organization.

If we accumulate enough information, I am willing to work towards getting a suit pushed and certified as class action and possibly even act as lead plaintiff for the devastating losses we've endured from the hot trash that is FailBerry.
    techvisor likes this.
    11-20-19 01:05 PM
    Are you talking about BlackBerry Limited, or Blackberry Mobile (TCL)?

How have you been mislead regarding BlackBerry Cylance, QNX Auto, BlackBerry Radar, BlackBerry Workspaces, or BlackBerry UEM?

BlackBerry was within a hair's breath of complete insolvency back in 2013. I'm not sure how you can complain about stock price today, after having just completed a massive transition to a completely new company.

Frankly, it's a complete miracle that they're even around today in any form.
    11-20-19 01:11 PM
    For all those that have been burned by being misled by the jokes who have managed this company into oblivion.

I thought it would be important to get a thread going to collect and make connections to what's been said by the company and management and the inverse relation it has had on the company and their performance. This will be a massive undertaking, but if we collectively pool our resources to get to the bottom line of how badly managed this company has been and the destruction of shareholder value.

My goal is to produce a timeline, and work in finding inferences to prove the deception we have all invested in. I appreciate any support, let's try to get date/time combined with events, then create a broader schedule of points against this deceptive organization.

If we accumulate enough information, I am willing to work towards getting a suit pushed and certified as class action and possibly even act as lead plaintiff for the devastating losses we've endured from the hot trash that is FailBerry.
    File a formal complaint with the appropriate regulators and let them do the heavy lifting
    app_Developer and rarsen like this.
    11-20-19 01:15 PM
    File a formal complaint with the appropriate regulators and let them do the heavy lifting
    When have you actually found the regulators to do anything, many made a myriad of reports over the years and not even so much as a reply from the SEC or OSC.

It's time to build and file a civil case against this misleading company.
    techvisor likes this.
    11-20-19 01:53 PM
    Are you talking about BlackBerry Limited, or Blackberry Mobile (TCL)?

How have you been mislead regarding BlackBerry Cylance, QNX Auto, BlackBerry Radar, BlackBerry Workspaces, or BlackBerry UEM?

BlackBerry was within a hair's breath of complete insolvency back in 2013. I'm not sure how you can complain about stock price today, after having just completed a massive transition to a completely new company.

Frankly, it's a complete miracle that they're even around today in any form.
    Blackberry Limited, and they have misled investors over the years countless times. It's stupid to repeat, although I'm sure others will begin to post their points. I have a number of points and documents on hand that connect misleading statements, fairly strange timing and apparent manipulation to deceive shareholders and mislead into investing in a company that wasn't at all what it claimed to be or have.
    John Albert and techvisor like this.
    11-20-19 01:55 PM
    Blackberry Limited, and they have misled investors over the years countless times. It's stupid to repeat, although I'm sure others will begin to post their points. I have a number of points and documents on hand that connect misleading statements, fairly strange timing and apparent manipulation to deceive shareholders and mislead into investing in a company that wasn't at all what it claimed to be or have.
    It's "stupid to repeat", yet you're asking for other examples? Maybe if we knew what you had, we can save some time.
    rarsen and Jake2826 like this.
    11-20-19 01:57 PM
    It's "stupid to repeat", yet you're asking for other examples? Maybe if we knew what you had, we can save some time.
    I'll be aggregating it all into one data set with a timeline.

Any and all points of contention are acceptable, doesn't matter the validity since we can confirm that once we have a timeline and actions this company has taken that has had a direct impact of destruction of shareholder value.

No need to participate if you aren't interested.
    techvisor likes this.
    11-20-19 02:02 PM
    When have you actually found the regulators to do anything, many made a myriad of reports over the years and not even so much as a reply from the SEC or OSC.

It's time to build and file a civil case against this misleading company.
    Which goes to my point, the SEC, FINRA and the DOL have the resources and do pursue criminal and civil actions for the very complaints you mention. BB and the regulators did battle 10-15 years ago. Unfortunately, that means that BB and it’s BOD know where the lines are drawn. The fact that you’re not seeing action suggests there’s nothing actionable. Even law firms that specialize in securities law have personnel who’s full time job is to identify cases, haven’t filed claims. This all suggests there’s smoke but it’s not the fire you’re suggesting.
    rarsen likes this.
    11-20-19 02:32 PM
    The shareholders?

They are the ones that asked to move the company into the position it's in now. They are the ones that hired Chen to push the company out of handsets and into a broader range of systems that they are in today.

How did they mislead? Anyone with half a brain knew what was happening by the end of 2013.

Now, if you want to see misleading statements, look at Thorsten Heins and his regurgitation of RIM talking points left over from the Lazaridis and Balsillie days about how things are fine, great things are coming, and all that. But the BOD and shareholders took care of that problem.

If they ran over your dog... maybe you might have something. But at this point, hurt feeling won't get you anywhere.

Others have suggested such class action lawsuits before. In 2017, a member asked about such a suit because we never got the "promised" 10.3.4 OS. Another member in 2016 was upset that BlackBerry was abandoning the Passport so soon after he bought one.

Oh, and back in 2015, some investors did proceed with a class action suit against BlackBerry under the Ontario Securities Act. Perhaps you want to get in on that suit.

https://www.newswire.ca/news-release...818703530.html

Of course, you had to have had stock between March 28, 2013 and Sept 20, 2013.

Good luck. Come back and let us know how it goes.
    rarsen and Jake2826 like this.
    11-20-19 02:33 PM
    I do feel that the CrackBerry thread, I support BBRY and I buy shares , improperly influenced unsophisticated investors into purchasing a very speculative stock. There should have been a disclaimer IMO.
    techvisor likes this.
    11-20-19 02:53 PM
    I do feel that the CrackBerry thread, I support BBRY and I buy shares , improperly influenced unsophisticated investors into purchasing a very speculative stock. There should have been a disclaimer IMO.
    The internet does that everyday. People don’t read and don’t listen when greed kicks in.
    11-20-19 03:12 PM
    100% agree...

There was a group there that didn't want to even consider something unless it pointed to their $100 party. Even ran off Chris that did pretty balanced blog post after each earnings report.

There is no doubt in my mind that Chen has pushed some boundaries in honesty... but I think he knew just how far he could go and be legal. Bottom line is hardware was a dead end road and BlackBerry didn't have a software business that was worth too much. BES was a terrible MDM beyond BOS and BB10 and QNX was too tiny. Clearly Chen's two year turn around was optimistic to say the least... but in the end he did the best he could with what he had. If he was a 100% candid with shareholders in 2013/2014, the stock would have collapsed - doing no one any good.

It is sad that six years after he took over and two years after he declared the turn around accomplished and a year after he spent $1.4 Billion the stock is lower than when he took over. I'm not sure what's going on with their UEM business, nor what Cylance chances are against their formidable competition... but there is a chance there. Which is better than it was...
    techvisor likes this.
    11-20-19 03:46 PM
    The internet does that everyday. People don’t read and don’t listen when greed kicks in.
    Starting to get the impression that you either work for, or are somehow connected to blackberry. Why are you so hell-bent on defending a company that has given no reason to defend and has underperformed while it's in the tech field and it's in a growing field that should be recognized but is not.

Such a lack of demand for shares even at this rock bottom prices paints a clear picture of the destruction that is this company .
    techvisor and John Albert like this.
    11-20-19 04:16 PM
    100% agree...

There was a group there that didn't want to even consider something unless it pointed to their $100 party. Even ran off Chris that did pretty balanced blog post after each earnings report.

There is no doubt in my mind that Chen has pushed some boundaries in honesty... but I think he knew just how far he could go and be legal. Bottom line is hardware was a dead end road and BlackBerry didn't have a software business that was worth too much. BES was a terrible MDM beyond BOS and BB10 and QNX was too tiny. Clearly Chen's two year turn around was optimistic to say the least... but in the end he did the best he could with what he had. If he was a 100% candid with shareholders in 2013/2014, the stock would have collapsed - doing no one any good.

It is sad that six years after he took over and two years after he declared the turn around accomplished and a year after he spent $1.4 Billion the stock is lower than when he took over. I'm not sure what's going on with their UEM business, nor what Cylance chances are against their formidable competition... but there is a chance there. Which is better than it was...
    At least a rational response. Much appreciated.
    techvisor likes this.
    11-20-19 04:18 PM
    Well if we win can I suggest a new Passport II running BB20 or whatever corresponding year as the OS title for a settlement?
    Just a thought.

Hammered out on my Precious Passport
    11-20-19 04:40 PM
    Starting to get the impression that you either work for, or are somehow connected to blackberry. Why are you so hell-bent on defending a company that has given no reason to defend and has underperformed while it's in the tech field and it's in a growing field that should be recognized but is not.

Such a lack of demand for shares even at this rock bottom prices paints a clear picture of the destruction that is this company .
    Your thesis is clear, but you haven't given a single example to back it up with evidence. You can assert that BlackBerry executives misled investors, but if you can't provide evidence, you won't get very far.

Companies fail to achieve their goals all the time. That's not evidence of misdeeds. The share price is not evidence at all. To have a case you'll need to show intentional deception, not incompetence or bad outcomes.

John Chen has, in my observations , usually erred on the side of frankness. I can't think if a time since he took over that it wasn't pretty clear to investors what the plans and results were.

From the screen of my trusty Z10 using the exceptional BlackBerry VKB.
    11-20-19 04:50 PM
    I'll be aggregating it all into one data set with a timeline.

Any and all points of contention are acceptable, doesn't matter the validity since we can confirm that once we have a timeline and actions this company has taken that has had a direct impact of destruction of shareholder value.

No need to participate if you aren't interested.
    Just out of curiosity, what's your financial damage - approximately, of course.

Which jurisdiction are you looking at? Remember that RIM is a Canadian company, not an American one - you may be trying to apply American laws to a Canadian situation.
    11-20-19 04:59 PM

Not even close. I’m simply a professional stockbroker that knows how this is done in real life. In the USA, publicly traded companies are part of a litigious society. Executives of publicly traded companies have lawyers help to color inside the lines.

Your oversimplification and unfamiliarity with how the public markets operate in totality suggests your angry with performance while hoping to blame on someone without recognizing you haven’t been disadvantaged.
    11-20-19 06:06 PM
    Not even close. I’m simply a professional stockbroker that knows how this is done in real life. In the USA, publicly traded companies are part of a litigious society. Executives of publicly traded companies have lawyers help to color inside the lines.

Your oversimplification and unfamiliarity with how the public markets operate in totality suggests your angry with performance while hoping to blame on someone without recognizing you haven’t been disadvantaged.
    People who can't interpret a prospectus or a financial statement should simply never buy individual company shares unless it's part of an indexing strategy. If you haven't established a valuation based on rational assumptions and you don't have an exit strategy you shouldn't enter a trade.

That's what index and sector funds are for.

From the screen of my trusty Z10 using the exceptional BlackBerry VKB.
    11-20-19 06:35 PM

Chen's first job as CEO was to announce a $4.4 billion quarterly loss, and then was forced to burn through hundreds of millions of dollars of supplier commitments - all while pivoting away from the handset boat-anchor towards software and services.

How do you define under-performing in this context?
    11-20-19 06:58 PM
    Chen's first job as CEO was to announce a $4.4 billion quarterly loss, and then was forced to burn through hundreds of millions of dollars of supplier commitments - all while pivoting away from the handset boat-anchor towards software and services.

Sounds like over performing to me.
    A Noise Annoys likes this.
    11-20-19 08:17 PM
    I'm enjoying the absolute ridiculousness of this thread
    11-21-19 09:04 PM

Somebody published a video interview in the thread about stocks here in CB... Well, Chen said in the interview that he lost the first quarter 1B....not 4,4.
    techvisor likes this.
    11-22-19 12:16 AM
    Somebody published a video interview in the thread about stocks here in CB... Well, Chen said in the interview that he lost the first quarter 1B....not 4,4.
    Well, you can review the financial statements. It's 4.4. billion.
    TgeekB likes this.
    11-22-19 01:08 AM
    Well, you can review the financial statements. It's 4.4. billion.
    Then Chen in the video was not sincere...or forgot the real numbers...
    techvisor likes this.
    11-22-19 03:15 AM
42 12