I purchased my first lot of shares on the TSE a few months ago and figured now is a good enough time as any to get another. I'm down overall but this entry point will lower my dollar cost average. I'm bullish on both BlackBerry and the Canadian dollar long term and had been interested in opening up a global trading account for some time. I was just wondering if other investors here prefer buying shares of BB or BBRY and why. Thanks!

Posted while peeking and flowing on my incredible BBQ10!
    08-06-13 09:19 PM
    Strictly TSX for me as I use funds from an old LIRA account and TFSA.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-13 09:23 PM
    BB:TO
    I can see the US dollar taking a dive in the not too distant future. Hopefully it won't drag the Cdn dollar down quite as fast.
    The last few years have seen Canada diversifying in trade partners (most notably China) in an attempt to insulate the Canadian economy from the coming train wreck.
    theRock1975 and 3_M4N like this.
    08-07-13 01:08 AM
    With the Fed backing off the stimulus, the dollar could do some crazy things the next few months.
    08-07-13 08:39 AM
    BB:TO
    I can see the US dollar taking a dive in the not too distant future. Hopefully it won't drag the Cdn dollar down quite as fast.
    The last few years have seen Canada diversifying in trade partners (most notably China) in an attempt to insulate the Canadian economy from the coming train wreck.
    Agreed!

Harper has been making big trade deals in Europe, Latin America(esp. Chile), and China. I think he knows what's coming too.

Tsx all the way.

Posted via CB10
    Jake Storm likes this.
    08-07-13 04:31 PM
    With the Fed backing off the stimulus, the dollar could do some crazy things the next few months.
    I think everyone expects interest rates to go up and are aware that the feds are going to slow down the printing presses. If sh!t does hit the fan, iat least we can all say we saw it coming!

08-07-13 06:22 PM
    Agreed!

Harper has been making big trade deals in Europe, Latin America(esp. Chile), and China. I think he knows what's coming too.

Tsx all the way.

Posted via CB10
    It's always good to diversify. I'm not sure the trade deals will have any immediate effect on the Canadian dollar, but I bet it they will at least help keep it stable if we see negative volatility in the US dollar.

08-07-13 06:27 PM
    Harper is the man. Up too bat next Mr. Brad Wall

Send from my legendary Zed10
    08-07-13 06:45 PM
    Well, it's a small sample, but I'm surprised that that there haven't been any BBRY buyers that have chimed in. It's all good though. Either way, we're all going to be wildly rich when the stock takes off amiright?

Shanerredflag likes this.
    08-08-13 07:19 PM
    Well, it's a small sample, but I'm surprised that that there haven't been any BBRY buyers that have chimed in. It's all good though. Either way, we're all going to be wildly rich when the stock takes off amiright?

There is a thread for it. http://forums.crackberry.com/bbry-f3...shares-666490/
    08-08-13 07:39 PM
    LOL..if that is what you think your comprehension is distorted.

No...don't go cherry picking random comments either.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-13 09:01 PM
    I think this topic warrants it's own thread.

BB.TO here.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-13 10:42 PM
    Hello, you can buy bbry and then have your shares journalled over to bb.
    To. This way you can always change you mind later on. The only thing is if you have USD or cad to make the purchase. If you have to convert funds then it doesn't make sense to pay a spread on the fx.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 12:59 AM
    I post in that thread as well. The discussion isn't just about what exchanges people buy their stock on though. The conversation revolves around the daily movements of BBRY and lots of chart analysis. Great thread though!

08-09-13 07:23 PM
    Hello, you can buy bbry and then have your shares journalled over to bb.
    To. This way you can always change you mind later on. The only thing is if you have USD or cad to make the purchase. If you have to convert funds then it doesn't make sense to pay a spread on the fx.

Posted via CB10
    That interesting. I've never heard of that being an option. I don't think I'd consider it at this time, but it's good to know that it's possible. I've tried looking up information on how to go about doing that but I can't seem to find what I need. Any chance you could post a resource? I thanks.

08-09-13 07:46 PM