09-26-13 02:19 PM
    I really don't understand this. If Blackberry is their second biggest client and they are making money off them why would you shoot yourself in the foot. That's like going to Walmart to buy a TV and being told they are winding down their relationship with us and to take our money elsewhere...
    09-26-13 02:42 PM
    BlackBerry just built and now subsequently took a write down for what we understand is a almost a billion dollars of Z10's that they could not sell. How many phones that comprises we apparently will never know as BlackBerry won't answer the question some analysts for sure had on their list to ask during the conference call. How are Q 10 and 5 sales going and will they also require write downs over time?

BlackBerry will for sure not make the same mistake they made with the PlayBook, and now the Z10 again, now would they?

Jabil is expecting them to become a much smaller player, and they expect they scale down will make BlackBerry a much less attractive partner.
    09-26-13 02:52 PM
    Jabil is not dropping BlackBerry as a customer.

They don't see BlackBerry as a buyer - in other words they think hardware is not in BlackBerry's future. So they are having to make preparations for the lose of future revenues from them.

I imagine a lot of suppliers are doing the same thing... just like a lot of BlackBerry enterprise customers are probably doing the same.
    09-26-13 03:05 PM
    I really don't understand this. If Blackberry is their second biggest client and they are making money off them why would you shoot yourself in the foot. That's like going to Walmart to buy a TV and being told they are winding down their relationship with us and to take our money elsewhere...
    Think of it like this. Walmart sells TVs, but they only have 2 customers. One customer buys 8 of them every day and the other buys 2 of them every day. Because of that, Walmart stocks 10 TVs to sell every day. Now, the customer who buys 2 TVs every day is pretty much announcing they're not going to be buying any more TVs because they have just way too many of them in their warehouses. What should Walmart do? Do they keep stocking 10 TVs every day? Or do they start stocking only 8 TVs a day? I think you know the answer.
    09-26-13 03:10 PM
    Probably after the Q loss, and huge inventory numbers BB has halted new production orders. These plants must keep running, they will quickly re-tool for another brand that will keep the orders flowing. It's business. If BB10 was selling huge numbers it would be different. All Chanel's for the product will begin ramping down. Advertising, Manufacturing, Suppliers, Distribution ( T-Mobile not stocking BB) they expect more decline. It's hardware division is clearly winding down. The future of the 4 remaining devices will also cost more to manufacture, due to low numbers. This costs more to retool. You might see BB name on other phones, keep expenses down. It's all so unfortunate, but look at the bright side! Fun time for these guys!!!

The remaining compensation packages for BlackBerry’s senior execs, in the event of a takeover, are:

— Frank Boulben, chief marketing officer: $7.7 million U.S.
    — Kristian tear, chief operating officer: $7.4 million U.S.
    — Brian Bidulka, chief financial officer: $6 million U.S.
    09-26-13 03:16 PM
    This should explain it.

Jabil shares fall after weak 1Q guidance - Yahoo Finance
    09-26-13 03:48 PM
    Thanks guys, that does explain it more now that there is numbers to go with it
    09-26-13 04:29 PM
    I like the title of your thread. Didn't they also have a band on the R.M.S. Titanic? What happened to that ship?
    09-27-13 05:45 PM