Ontario won’t step in if BlackBerry sold in pieces - The Globe and Mail. Its an interesting read but nothing new.

Posted via CB10
    12-09-13 01:15 PM
    And quite a waste of digital space since they are no longer going that route?
    12-09-13 02:09 PM
    Well yeah, they aren't even for sale anymore. Sometimes I wonder about these articles. How come I haven't seen too many articles talking about John Chen and Prem Watsa's trust in him as CEO and the direction the company is taking. Any news on that was so cookie cutter and was not even discussed. Instead we see the same old news, that now makes no sense with the current dealings around the company, and it is still being discussed. Why?
    diegonei likes this.
    12-09-13 02:21 PM
    Well yeah, they aren't even for sale anymore. Sometimes I wonder about these articles. How come I haven't seen too many articles talking about John Chen and Prem Watsa's trust in him as CEO and the direction the company is taking. Any news on that was so cookie cutter and was not even discussed. Instead we see the same old news, that now makes no sense with the current dealings around the company, and it is still being discussed. Why?
    A lot of people in the business community and frankly a lot of share holders still see BlackBerry as a fragile company. True it's all purely speculation. As for Mr. Chen, I look forward to seeing what sort of a future her will guide BlackBerry to. My personal opinion is that BlackBerry has many things going for it. It also has many things going against it, one of which is its marketing. I have been a dedicated BlackBerry user from their pager days and I think they produce a remarkable product. Refocusing on the enterprise clients I think will have a positive effect, especially on the personal consumer. Remember how exclusive Black Berry's were when they were considered just for business?

Posted via CB10
    12-09-13 02:47 PM
    Why? Because Reuters has been minimized as the shorters mouthpiece and it looks as if the Glob has taken up where Reuters left off. The media is not much more than entertainment at this point. Ayn Rand really wasn't far off the mark - lowest common denominator will prevail in the media and the railways will come along to save us all!! Expect more stories and negativity as the earnings near. And expect horrible earnings for at least a quarter or 3 at least. The price to gain traction in Enterprise will take its toll as well as the further erosion of the consumer base and commensurate fees or lack thereof. Blackberry is still in contraction mode and will be for the forseeable future. Once their "new" revenue stream is established and stabilizes much lower than at present, we shall see where things stand. At that point, there is a faint hope there may be some swing back on the consumer side, dependent upon consumer fickle tastes or boredom sets in with the usual suspects. Blackberry will likely not ever be a main stream consumer device but can do decently well in the Enterprise space with some consumer market share via the Android app selection. The main thing is, how much revenue can BB generate on the Enterprise side and how well can it compete against competitors in that space? BBM and Channels are possible revenue streams but still aways away from that eventuality. We need cross platform and desktop voice and video chat rolled out and penetration of the same to have potential to monetize BBM.
    12-09-13 02:57 PM
    most logical statements i have heard here in a while

Posted via CB10
    12-09-13 03:10 PM
    Wasn't this a statement made by Hoskins today? Why is that not news?

BlackBerry is certainly not out of the woods yet, not even close. So the government is making its position clear and this reporter is writing about that on the day this statement was made.

I guess I don't understand the issue?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    JeepBB likes this.
    12-09-13 03:14 PM
    Every company listed on an exchange is for sale all of the time. "Not for sale" signs are meaningless. In Canada, these are even less protective measures a public-company can take than in the US. These "For sale" , "Not for sale" signs were a giant PR-fiasco on BBRY's part and were, for a lot of well-respected observers, "bizzare."

JeepBB likes this.
    12-11-13 02:23 PM