12-21-13 01:56 PM
82 ... 234
tools
    so what companies do you think want to adopt BB10 to their product ?

even from recent news Microsoft consider offering WP8 as a free OS to smartphone vendors....and they offering samsung $1 billion to push WP8 to samsung phone...
    I was thinking something less about whatever companies would adopt in the sense of an agreement and more of a hardwear consolidation where a few companies making the hardware with the ability to install a choice of operating system. Say i buy a lenovo phone, i get bb10 and flash it because thats the os i want. Another buys the same phone and flashes an android os on it. There will still be those that are inseparable like apple, and they can be profitable likely in a smaller market share. But for others it will make more sense to remove the os/harwdwear ties and give the consumer choice. Google will inevitably need to open its services to a wider market than the alliance if they want to keep growing.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 04:41 PM
    No. 10char
    12-15-13 04:43 PM
    Nope. I'm expecting dismal results. But perhaps there is still a market for the qwerty and secure phones. Not to mention a security first enterprise service. Maybe the folks that want that will pay a premium and that will be enough foe bbry.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 09:39 PM
    I recall something called 'cognitive dissonance' from my Intro Psych class. Suffering from delusions, the cultists cannot accept or integrate information which would tend to counter their deluded beliefs. In effect it would cause their brains to seize up. So they just reject it.

For this ER, a very good result would be a loss of less than $0.15/share.
    You want to see some real cultists? Go visit an Apple store when a "new" iPhone launches. Yeah, enjoy that scene.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 03:20 AM
    You want to see some real cultists? Go visit an Apple store when a "new" iPhone launches. Yeah, enjoy that scene.

Posted via CB10
    Yes. Some people don't like waiting 2 months after launch for a device they want now. People know you either get it day one or your wait.

I got my 5S opening morning. I was number 5 on the VZW line and I got there 15 minutes before they opened. At the same mall, the Apple Store had over 300 people on line.

No one was acting in cult like behavior. No one was going crazy. Everyone waited patiently for their iPhone because they were guaranteed one. The ones who weren't left quietly.

The iPhone launch is not the only device that has line ups and craziness during opening week. Many other electronics cause this, like gaming console launches. People are willing to wait in line for something they want now. They either wait a few hours, or sometimes up to a few months. To them the line is the better option.
    12-17-13 12:43 PM
    so what companies do you think want to adopt BB10 to their product ?

even from recent news Microsoft consider offering WP8 as a free OS to smartphone vendors....and they offering samsung $1 billion to push WP8 to samsung phone...
    Foxcon.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-13 11:47 PM
    Im.really hoping that but i seriously doubt well see anything thay will raise the stock or will change the view of wall street towards BlackBerry

Posted on my Z10 Via CB10
    I think BlackBerry must execute well over the next two quarters before analysts will have confidence in the strategy proposed by John Chen. The next quarter probably won't show much improvement although the losses will be lower.
    12-21-13 01:56 PM
82 ... 234